Dallas is the third-largest city in Texas, after Houston and San Antonio, but larger than, Austin. It is the 9th largest city in the United States with a population of 1.3 million and is similar in size to Copenhagen, Denmark.
Dallas Facts Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
Remember Barney & Friends? This hit Tv show was created in Dallas! Other movies and TV shows filmed partially or wholly in Dallas include Bonnie and Clyde, RoboCop, Walker Texas Ranger, JFK, and the Dallas series which is also tested in this trivia.
Below you’ll learn a whole lot more about the “Big D” with these fun Dallas trivia quiz questions and answers. Take the quiz!
1. What is the new tourism slogan for Dallas?
2. Dallas is also known as?
3. How many square miles of land is encompassed by the greater Dallas metro area?
4. What is the new tourism slogan for Dallas?
5. Dallas is considered the home to the United States’ largest:
6. What Dallas, a neighboring city, is known as the Place Where the West Begins?
7. Name the river that is in Dallas.
8. The Dallas metropolitan area has many rivers and lakes, what is the name of the biggest lake located in Dallas?
9. Can you tell the established year of Dallas?
10. What city in the Dallas metropolitan area has the slogan Fun Central, based on hosting many theme parks?
11. __________ is the nickname for the City of Dallas, other than Big D. Both
12. What makes Dallas famous as one of the world’s most excellent shopping areas?
13. What is the current-estimated population of the city of Dallas?
14. In _________ city is the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport located.
15. What should you be aware of weather-wise when you travel to Dallas?
16. What is the minimum number of occupants in a car before it can use the new high occupancy lanes on Dallas highways?
17. What is the name of the Dallas Area Rapid Transport (DART) light rail service from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to locations in Dallas and Fort Worth?
18. Name the fun option to travel between attractions in downtown Dallas.
19. What is a rule of thumb when you are approaching toll booths on Dallas highways or beltways?
20. _______ Dallas’ area city is host to a famous championship rodeo that takes place every Friday and Saturday night.
21. What is the name of the place where some of the scenes from the popular TV show Dallas were filmed?
22. What is the new name of the building in Dallas where a gunman fired the fatal shot at President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963?
23. The name “Dallas’ means:
24. What is the name of a famous and historic 20-block area in Fort Worth featuring red brick streets, shopping, dining and art?
25. Name a must-see attraction that you can find just two miles north of downtown Fort Worth.
26. What is the name of the saloon in Fort Worth whose claim to fame is being the Worlds Largest Honky-tonk?
27. Which Dallasite invented the “frozen mar ganta”?
28. Where is the only place in the world to find a Texas delicacy know as “donkey tails”?
29. Who was the only actress on the original ‘Dallas’ to win an Emmy?
30. What is Vanilla Ice’s real name?
31. Which Dallas high school is the only one in America to produce two Heisman Trophy winners?
32. Who shot J.R. in the original series?
33. Joe Bob Briggs is actually a herald Dallas writer named:
34. When Boz Scaggs and Steve Miller attended St. Mark’s together, what was the name of their band?
35. What years was the original ‘Dallas’ on TV?
36. Why has a Dallas man named David Joyner become more famous than another Joyner, the Dallas-based radio personality whose first name is Tom?
37. What show was a spin-off of ‘Dallas’?
38. What was the original name of Hoop-It-Up when it was created as a D magazine promotion in Dallas?
39. What is Lamar Hunt credited for naming?
40. What network aired the original Dallas series?
41. What is the name of Mr. Pepper mint’s son’s hand?
42. What was Miss Ellie’s maiden name?
43. What does the W.A. stand for in the name of the First Baptist Church’s legendary W.A. Criswell?
44. How many times did Sue Ellen marry J.R.?
45. What is the significance of “10, 2 and 4”?
46. How many times did Sue Ellen marry J.R.?
47. How did Dr. James Beckett make his sizable fortune?
48. The Ewing/Barnes feud all started when ___________?
49. Willard Watson is better known as:
50. How many times was Bobby married throughout the original Dallas series and the reboot?
51. Who dug the huge 90-foot hole at the corner of Lemmon and Cole for an indoor country club?
52. What Dallas sportswriter was crucified in 1993 by Cowboy fans when he went against the grain and was first to report that Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson did not get along?
53. Who played Jock Ewing in Dallas Series?
54. Who is Bobby’s brother-in-law when he is married to Pam “Dallas Series”?’
55. Marvin Lee Aday is better known as:
56. Which of the following Von Erich boys is still alive today? Your options: Kevin, Kerry, David, Mike
57. What happens to Pam Ewing when she’s in a car accident?
58. Who holds the scoring record for the Dr. Pepper high school basketball tournament in Dallas?
59. Who started the Prufrock restau rant chain (Black-Eyed Pea, Dixie House, etc)?
60. How many children did Jock have?
61. What Dallas Cowboy was known as “the world’s fastest human”?
62. After Bobby was killed in a car accident, how did the writers bring Bobby back to life?
63. How did Turtle Creek get its name?
64. Name the NFL teams that have called the Cotton Bowl home;
65. Who is Pam and Bobby’s adopted son?
66. Campisi’s Egyptian restaurant is best known for:
67. Who was the matriarch of the Ewing family in the original series?
68. What is the name of Jim my Johnson’s boat in Florida?
69. The Dixie Chicks are known for their song, “Oak Cliff Bra.” True or False?
70. Channel 8 once had a studio in a storefront in NorthPark, attracting passers-by to stop and watch television shows being taped. True or False?
71. Where does Bobby go and visit J.R. when the series reboots?
72. Tevin Campbell is known nationwide as an heir to a soup fortune. True or False?
73. The Cuellar family founded El Chico.
74. It is discovered that Rebecca Sutter is related to whom?
75. Ownby Stadium on the SMU campus is known as “The House that Doak Built.” True or False?
76. Where does Christopher in Dallas series, think the future of energy is headed?
77. The Bass brothers of Fort Worth make up the nation’s most famous professional wrestling family. True or False?
78. Who is helping Rebecca’s scheme to infiltrate the Ewing family?
79. The original editor of D magazine was Jim Atkinson. True or False?
80. What political office does Sue Ellen hold in the continuation series?
81. Bette Graham of Dallas invented Liquid Pape.
82. Bette Graham’s son is Stephen Still.
83. The original 7-Eleven store is still standing in Oak Clif. True or False?
84. What happens to Ann’s daughter, Emma, when she was little?
85. When Neiman Marcus expanded beyond its downtown store, its second location was NorthPark.
86. Who controls Harris Ryland and his mass fortune in Dallas Series?
87. When Brad Davis got the call to play for the Mavericks, he was playing?
88. Chantai Westerman was once named?
89. Who stole Ewing Oil from the Ewing family in the original series?
90. Norman Brinker created Chili’s. True or False?
91. Who plays Christopher Ewing in the reboot of the Dallas Series?
92. Edie Brickell, formerly of the New Bohemians, surprised America by marrying singer Lyle Lovett. True or False?
93. A Dallasite named Kit Carson wrote?
94. Who plays John Ross in the continuation series?
95. Who plays Bobby Ewing from the original series to the end of the reboot?
96. The Dallas Cowboy quarterback known as “The Mad Bomber” was?
97. The two largest banks in Dallas, Republic, and InterFirst merged in an unsuccessful effort to survive. True or False?
98. Bar owner Louie Canelakes and Dallas Cowboy Bill Bates have one thing in common.
99. What US state is Dallas in?
100. In the Dallas series what was the name of the bar?
101. What is Texas also known as?
102. President Kennedy was shot in Dallas in what type of car?
103. When was President J.F Kennedy assassinated?
104. What famous person was born when pluto the astrological sign of death was directly above Dallas Texas?
105. Who was the actor who played Bobby Ewing in Dallas Series?