The Quran is considered to be a verbal revelation of God. It is the holiest book for the Islam religion. Muslims believe the holy book is equivalent to God.
Did you know that the word “Quran” appears only 70 times in the holy book? However, there are many other words and names that are considered to be references to the Quran.
Quran Trivia Questions and Answers
The Quran is one of the most significant sources, it gave rise to the development of Islamic Art and Architecture; that is the Quranic arts of calligraphy and illumination.
The best drink according to Quran is milk. Allah describes the rivers of milk in Jannah. According to the holy book, the best food is honey, which is medicinal and the sweetest gift given to humans.
Take up this Quran trivia questions and answers to learn facts about the holy book that are worth knowing.
1. In Surah, Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Allah says to the angels that he will put in the Earth a vicegerent. Who is this vicegerent?
2. What is the scripture of the Islam religion?
3. What is the meaning of the word “Qur’an”?
4. The first revelation that Allah’s messenger received forms the first verses of which Surah?
5. How many chapters are there in Quran?
6. Where was the Qur’an revealed first?
7. Which word in Arabic means the Subtle One?
8. Name the last prophet of Islam?
9. On which night was the Qur’an first revealed?
10. What is Quran?
11. What does Ar-Rahman mean in English?
12. What is the term used in Quran to refer to the message the Muhammad get from Allah?
13. Through whom was the Qur’an revealed?
14. What were the first phrases of the Koran to be revealed (not compiled)?
15. Last chapter in Quran?
16. What is the first verse that Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) received?
17. Messages revealed to Muhammad during which period are collected in Quran?
18. In how many ways do the Muhammad get messages according to Quran?
19. What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) when Qur’an was first revealed to him?
20. What is the Witness in Arabic?
21. Name the first wife of Mohamma?
22. As-Salam is another name. What would it be in English?
23. In Surah Maryam (Mary), Prophet Ibrahim is asking his father, Azar, to convert to Islam and stop making idols. What did Azar say he would do if Ibrahim didn’t stop doubting the idols?
24. Who is the first Caliph after Mohammad?
25. Where was the first Surah revealed?
26. Al-Qayyum means what in English?
27. What is the longest chapter in the Koran?
28. Who was the third Caliph?
29. Where was the last Surah revealed?
30. How long did Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) received the revelation of the Qur’an in Makkah?
31. In Surah Qasas (Stories), Firawn (Pharoah) says that he knows no God but himself and he thinks that Prophet Musa (Moses) is a liar. But, he orders somebody to go build him a lofty palace so he can mount up to the God of Prophet Musa. Who did Firawn ask to do this?
32. Quran is divided into how many parts?
33. How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Qur’an?
34. Al-Haqq means which word in English?
35. Name each part of Quran?
36. The Forgiver means?
37. What promise did Quran make as it came into existence?
38. Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur’an?
39. What is the chapter “The Elephant” about?
40. Who is Abbas ibn Abdul-Muttalib?
41. Which is the smallest chapter in the Qur’an?
42. The Giver of Life is?
43. Who said this: ‘Oh father, I have got the knowledge (from Allah) that you didn’t’?
44. Who was the only woman whose personal name is found in the Holy Qur’an?
45. Al-Mutakabbir means what in English?
46. The supposed span of life of Noah?
47. How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
48. Which is the only chapter that doesn’t start with “Bism Allah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim” – “In the Name of God, most Beneficent, most Merciful”?
49. What is Quran meant for?
50. How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Qur’an?
51. Why are the philosophic teachings in Quran repeated?
52. Which is the only chapter that doesn’t start with “Bism Allah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim” – “In the Name of God, most Beneficent, most Merciful”?
53. Where does Quran recommend reading it during night is more fruitful because during night mind will be free from all other thoughts?
54. Where in the Qur’an has Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) been named ‘Ahmad’?
55. In Surah Luqman (Luqman), Luqman is teaching his son wisdom and good manners that will lead him into Jannah (Paradise). Which of the following advice is not given by Luqman?
56. Who is the official spokesman of Quran?
57. Which chapter of the Qur’an was Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) reciting while praying, that Jubayr ibn Mut’im listened to and embraced Islam?
58. Al-Ahad is what in English?
59. What is the term used to refer to the explanations and actions of Mohammad?
60. Name the book which’ has set forth Mohammad’s routine life and pieces of advice?
61. Which was the Surah of the Qur’an which the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostration)?
62. In which chapter can you find the line “Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?” about 34 times?
63. How many subjects as classified are there in Quran?
64. Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur’an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
65. In Surah Al-Ahzab (The Confederates) in Ayah 35, Allah gives us a list of people who he will forgive and grant rewards to. Who is not included in that bunch?
66. What all are the subject matters dealt in Quran?
67. Besides the body of Pharaoh, what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
68. Which of these men is credited with first compiling the Qu’ran into a single book?
69. What is the word used in Quran to refer to the messenger?
70. After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur’an?
71. The Light is what in Arabic?
72. Why does Rasul called so?
73. In the Qur’an there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother’s name. Who was he?
74. Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen’ without fighting a battle?
75. What does the number of wings of angels represent?
76. In which part of the Quran do we find that angels would pray for the redemption of the believers?
77. What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Qur’an?
78. Who was the only companion of Mohammed (P.B.U.H.) to be named in the Koran?
79. Who are angels as believed by the Arabs?
80. Which category of creature does the Qur’an put ‘iblees’ into?
81. In Surah At-Tahrim (The Holding to be Forbidden), Allah tells us that two prophets’ wives disobeyed the command of Allah and rejected Islam and Allah will tell them to enter the Hell-Fire with those who enter the Hell-Fire! Which two prophets’ wives is Allah referring to?
82. What are angels called in Zoroastrianism religion?
83. What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
84. What is the English word for Al-Jalil?
85. Which part of Quran declares there is no community without prophets?
86. The Qur’an repeatedly warns of a certain day. Which day it is?
87. What does Al-Muizz mean?
88. Where did the prophets mentioned in Quran live?
89. Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Qur’an?
90. The chapter called The Victory deals with what victory?
91. 49th chapter of Quran?
92. What is the scale or measure of one’s dignity according to the Qur’an?
93. There are different names of the Qu’ran. What does Al-Kitab mean?
94. Al-Hakam means what in English?
95. Another word for Taqdir?
96. Where in the Quran water is pointed out as the origin of all life?
97. What is the name of Allah that means Al-Musawwir in Arabic?
98. The most important ritual in Islam?
99. In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur’an Bismillah is repeated twice?
100. How many chapters in the Koran are named after animals?