Solving a riddle gives a feeling of triumph, whether it’s a curriculum-related riddle, a fun riddle, or any other riddles in general.
The surprising variety and unusual personalities of animals make them perfect subjects for riddles. That is why we have compiled a perfect collection of animal riddles to puzzle even the most proficient riddle solvers.
Fun Animal Riddles
Just like with kids’ riddles, these animal riddles will put the brain of a child into the task as they try to figure out the possible answers. Using rhyming riddles or fun “Who am I?” quizzes, will encourage a kids’ participatory nature.
Animal Riddles are the best form of entertainment. Everyone is bound to enjoy solving animal riddles as it gives a chance to use your imagination and critical thinking. You also get to understand animal behavior.
These riddles not only provide knowledge of various animals but are fun to solve too! Take up the challenge by diving into the following fun animal riddles!
1. I like to hop around. I’m a tadpole when I’m young. I am green and I croak. And catch flies with my long tongue. What am I?
2. The height of my legs—usually around 6 feet—is taller than most humans. What animal am I?
3. He’s small but he can climb a tower.
4. I’m an animal you might love, but I’m too big to be your pet. I have an extremely long trunk, and it’s said I never forget. What am I?
5. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?
6. You might be called this animal if someone thinks that you’re afraid. This is something that you might eat, as well as its eggs that it laid. What animal am I?
7. I hide my treasure in the ground, my tail is big and fluffy. If you spot me in a tree, please don’t call me scruffy. What am I?
8. I am an animal named after the animal that I eat.
9. It takes me two weeks to digest food, but then again, I’m not noted for being fast. What am I?
10. I like to use my long tongue to eat leaves from the tops of trees. I don’t have to climb up though. With my long neck, it’s a breeze.
11. I have two long ears, and I don’t walk, I hop. What am I?
12. With four oars it swims, but it is always at home. Its back is like armor, tougher than chrome.
What is it?
13. I have wings but I am not a bird. I am small, colorful, and beautiful. I live in gardens and fields and forests. I used to be a caterpillar. What am I?
14. I sleep by day and fly at night, but I have no feathers to aid my flight. What am I?
15. My name sounds like something you might use on your hair or eat for dessert. What am I?
16. My wings are used as flippers, so in water, I can flow. Sometimes, when on land, I slide on my belly in the snow.
17. I’m spotty and speedy, but not at all greedy. I look like a leopard but don’t try to play me at cards. What am I?
18. A king without a crown.
19. The strangest creature you’ll ever find: two eyes in front and many more behind.
20. I’ve got lumps on my back and I live on the sand. I’m strong, and I carry you over the land. What am I?
21. Some people are scared of this creature because it can have a big bite. So be careful out in the ocean.
One of its kind is a Great White.
22. Play me with a ball and bat or hear me chirp in a top hat. What am I?
23. I’m a pet that has four legs, and a tail at the end. You might hear me barking, and I’m known as man’s best friend.
24. I have a mane, but I’m not a lion and I wear my shoes to bed. What am I?
25. They live in a field. Milk is what they make. They help give us leather and a juicy steak.
26. I live in the woods. I am very big and furry. I like to eat fish and berries. I love honey as much as you do. What am I?
27. I can honk without using a horn. What am I?
28. I am a strange creature, hovering in the air, moving from here to there, with a brilliant flare. Some say I sing, but others say I have no voice, so I just hum as a matter of choice. What am I?
29. I stink in living, but when dead smells good. What am I?
30. It’s grey, but it’s not a wolf, Long-eared, but not a rabbit, With hooves, but not a cow.
What is it?
31. I am yellow and have webbed feet. I can swim in the water.
32. I have horns but I can’t beep. I like to bleat but I’m not a sheep. What am I?
33. What kind of music do rabbits like?
34. I’m born pink in color but then change to black and white. I’m easy to feed, as my favorite food is bamboo. What animal am I?
35. What did the leopard say after finishing his meal?
36. I can fly, I can walk and I can swim but I don’t get wet. What am I?
37. I’m able to turn my head around 270 degrees and I’m noted for being quiet in flight. What bird am I?
38. What kind of mouse do cats dislike eating?
39. I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave as you find, my substance behind. What am I?
40. What kind of can never needs a can-opener?
41. What peels like an onion but still remains whole?
42. Why do cats make good soldiers?
43. I live in the ocean and move slowly. I eat clams and have five arms. What am I?
44. I have the exact same size and shape as a hippo but I weigh nothing. What am I?
45. I have a hole in my back and legs I lack. I live where I can’t breathe and I eat without teeth. What am I?
46. What did the turkey say to the rooster when he challenged him to a fight?
47. Cupid without a bow, Donner with no kebab, one who dances, one who prances, all dragging present-giving dad. What am I?
48. The cow is my cousin. If you see my name you’ll know what I mean.
49. What goes in the water black and comes out red?
50. If a man would carry my burden he would break his back, I am not rich But leave silver in my track.
51. What king can you make if you take the head of a lamb, the middle of a pig, the hind of a buffalo, and the tail of a dragon?
52. John Lennon sang about being this toothy creature.
53. A boy stands on one side of a river, his cat on the other. The man calls his cat, who immediately crosses the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the cat do it?
54. A horse walks a certain distance each day. Two of its legs go 30 miles each day and the other two legs go nearly 31 miles. The horse is normal, so how is this possible?
55. What do you call a cat wearing shoes?
56. I have no sword, I have no spear, yet rule a horde which many fear, my soldiers fight with a wicked sting, I rule with might, yet am no king. What am I?
57. What kind of jungle cat is no fun to play games with?
58. My start goes on toast, and my end’s how birds move. My baby eats leaves but I drink flowers. What am I?
59. Where do mice park their boats?
60. I have wings and I have a tail, across the sky is where I sail. Yet I have no eyes, ears, or mouth, and I bob randomly from north to south. What am I?
61. Why can’t a leopard hide?
62. I look like you except I have a tail, I am a good tree climber. I can mimic you very easily. I eat fruits, insects and flowers. My favorite food is bananas. What am I?
63. What steps do you take if you a tiger is running towards you?
64. I grow down as I grow up. What am I?
65. I have the bill of a duck, webbed feet, a tail like a beaver, and I lay eggs. What animal am I?
66. I have whiskers and live as a pet at home. Who am I?
67. Where do hippopotamuses keep their money?
68. I am a domestic animal living in the field. I like to eat grass and produce milk. Who am I?
69. What day do chickens fear the most?
70. I’m one of the most beautiful birds you’ll find with two eyes in front and hundreds behind. What am I?
71. What did the horse say when it fell?
72. What did the teacher say when the horse walked into the class?
73. I stand on four legs and a wagging tail at the end, I bark when I see strangers or my friend. What am I?
74. What do you call a cow with no legs?
75. What do you call a horse that lives next door?
76. What do you call a sleeping cow?
77. I carry my home with me, whether I’m in water or on land. What am I?
78. Why was the cow afraid?
79. How do horses stay in such great shape?
80. Why do cows have hooves instead of feet?
81. What has two heads, four eyes, six legs, and a tail?
82. What always sleeps with its shoes on?
83. What do you call a cow in a tornado?
84. What do you call shaving a crazy sheep?
85. What animal is shy and always trying to hide from flying objects?
86. Where did the sheep go on vacation?
87. What does a cat have that no other animal has?
88. Why does a milking stool only have 3 legs?
89. What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?
90. What do you call a chicken at the North Pole?
91. I am an animal that holds the distinction of being the first word in many English dictionaries. What am I?
92. I am the biggest reptile on earth. Humans sometimes want shoes named after me. What am I?
93. I am a fruit, a bird, and a person. What am I?
94. I hang upside-down on trees. I sleep and sleep, I’m very slow, and on each foot, I have three toes. It takes me two weeks to digest food, but then again, I’m not noted for being fast. What am I?
95. I have no eyes, legs or ears, but I can move the earth if you give me time. What am I?
96. Why did the fish blush?
97. Why do dragons sleep all day?
98. What’s black and white and blue?
99. Why do fish and reptiles always keep a trim physique?
100. What animal always has a buck?
101. What animal has a cent?
102. I fly faster than any other bird. In fact, I’ve been clocked at 242 miles per hour.
103. Where did the cat go when it lost its tail?
104. Where do you find a dog with no legs?
105. How did the fight between two silk worms end?
106. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird?
107. What fur do we get from a Tiger?
108. Why do fish live in saltwater?
109. Where do fish sleep?
110. What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?