February is the month to celebrate President’s Day. History lessons may have taught us plenty of important things about all the different presidents we’ve had, but there are actually a lot of interesting facts about our presidents that many might not know.
Presidents’ Day Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
This trivia will help you understand all the U.S. Presidents on a deeper level. For instance, the only President who studied to become a medical practitioner was William Henry Harrison. While the tallest President in history was Abraham Lincoln.
If you enjoy pranking your friends on different occasions such as April Fools Day, well, borrow some tricks from former President Calvin Coolidge who was a well-known practical joker.
Take up the following President’s day trivia questions and answers to learn more about the 46 U.S. Presidents.
1. Who was the fifth president of the United States?
2. Which of the first 12 presidents was the first to not own slaves?
3. Which President was unanimously elected from 1732 to 1799?
4. What does the “S” in Harry S. Truman’s name stand for?
5. Which president was the last to own slaves?
6. Did every president live in the White House?
7. Who was the first president to be born in the United States?
8. Who is the oldest living president?
9. Which President never represented a political party?
10. How many presidents died in office?
11. Who was the first president to die in office?
12. Who was the first president to be inaugurated in Washington, DC?
13. Which president served two non-consecutive terms?
14. Which president banned alcohol from the White House at the behest of his first lady?
15. Who was the only President to serve in both WWI and WWII?
16. Was every U.S. president associated with a political party?
17. Which president survived an assassination attempt 69 days into his term?
18. Who was the first-ever President to visit all 50 states?
19. Who were the four presidents that were assassinated?
20. Which president organized the Citizens Cornet Band to play at political rallies for both parties?
21. Which president posed with a newspaper that declared his opponent the winner of their election?
22. The capital of Liberia is named after which President?
23. What year did Alexander Hamilton become president?
24. Which president purchased the land that’s now southern Arizona and part of southern New Mexico?
25. Who was the first Southerner elected to the Presidency?
26. Which president was described as “so honest that if you turned his soul inside out there would not be a spot on it?”
27. Who was the tallest President?
28. Which presidents were impeached?
29. Which president served as vice president for his political nemesis?
30. Who was the first President under the Articles of Confederation?
31. What state produced the most U.S. presidents?
32. Author Washington Irving described which president as “a withered little apple-john?”
33. How was the Vice President chosen up until 1804?
34. Which president used slave labor to build his Hermitage residence near Nashville?
35. Under whose Presidency did the US embrace a new series of harsh penalties and laws against violent crimes?
36. Author Patricia Reilly Giff’s series of children’s novels take place in an elementary school named after which president?
37. Which President was a professor of law?
38. Which president also served as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
39. Which President was present during the ratification of the North American Free Trade Agreement?
40. Which president signed the Sherman Anti-Trust Act in the first known legislative effort to prevent monopolies?
41. Can you name the 32nd President of the United States?
42. Who is the only president to be born on July 4?
43. Which President opposed the annexation of Texas?
44. Which president succeeded the first president to ever resign from office?
45. Which US President holds the records for both the lowest and highest approval ratings in history?
46. Who was the first Roman Catholic president?
47. Who was the first President born in Hawaii?
48. Which vice president challenged who would later be their running mate over his stance on school segregation?
49. Which President lived the shortest life?
50. Which president was known as a “little magician?”
51. Who was the first president to appoint an African American to the Supreme Court?
52. Which president was elected to his second term after suffering a heart attack?
53. Which President’s first job was a lifeguard at Lowell Park in Illinois?
54. Which president was the fourth to win the Nobel Peace Prize?
55. Which US President was the only movie actor ever to become a President?
56. Who was the smallest president?
57. Which US President was famous for his cooking?
58. Which president watched the Battle of Bunker Hill from his family farm as a child?
59. What do all the assassinated presidents have in common?
60. Who founded the University of Virginia?
61. Which president is the first to have a rescue dog while in office?
62. Which president won re-election with the widest popular vote margin in history?
63. Who ran for President with the campaign slogan “Vote Yourself a Farm”?
64. Alexander Graham Bell tried desperately to help save the life of which president who’d been shot?
65. Which president made Christmas a national holiday?
66. How many future U. S. Presidents signed the Declaration of Independence?
67. Who was the only U. S. President to also serve as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
68. Though his opponent won the popular vote, the Supreme Court eventually declared which president the victor of the Electoral College?
69. Who was the first U.S. President to be married in the White House?
70. “Old Whitey” was the beloved horse of which president?
71. Which president began his second inaugural address with the words, “With malice toward none; with charity for all?”
72. What U.S. President had a pet mockingbird named “Dick”?
73. Which president was a classically trained pianist and played 4 other instruments?
74. Which president introduced the Social Security program?
75. What U.S. President had a nervous breakdown at the age of 24 and spent time in a sanitarium?
76. Which president’s appeal was attributed to both his military record and his ownership of 100 slaves?
77. Walt Whitman’s poem “Oh Captain, My Captain” was written about which President?
78. Which president and his wife attended Napoleon’s coronation at Notre Dame Cathedral?
79. Which president was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for bravery in action in World War II?
80. How many Presidents have died on the Fourth of July?
81. Who was the first president to have written a biography of another president?
82. Which president got stuck in a bathtub?
83. Who was the first President to have a state car custom built to Secret Service standards?
84. Which president had turned down offers to play professional football?
85. Which U. S. President purchased Alaska from Russia?
86. Which president and his wife received a Siamese cat as a gift from the American consul of Bangkok?
87. Germany declared war on France just one week before which president planned to celebrate his 40th birthday in London?
88. Who was the first President to appear on TV?
89. Which president was often mocked in the press for his unkempt appearance?
90. Which president ended the draft?
91. Who was the first president to use the telegraph?
92. What U.S. President won a Pulitzer Prize for his book Profiles in Courage?
93. Which president hired Louis C. Tiffany—first design director of Tiffany and Co.—for a massive renovation of the White House and its private chambers?
94. Who was the first vice president to succeed the presidency upon death of their predecessor?
95. What presidential candidate played a saxophone on The Arsenio Hall Show during his campaign?
96. Which president and his wife met in the fifth grade, were high school sweethearts, but did not marry until their mid-thirties?
97. Who was the first president to campaign by telephone?
98. Who ran for President with the campaign slogan “In your heart you know he’s right”?
99. Which president hated his painted portrait so much that he eventually burned it?
100. Which president worked as a model for Cosmopolitan magazine in the 1940s?
101. What U.S. President won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002?
102. His fancy attire and rich lifestyle led to this nickname: The Dude President. Who is he?
103. Who is the only president to have been a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University in England?
104. Which president in 1862, politely turned down the offer of a gift of elephants from the King of Siam (now called Thailand)?
105. When the king and queen of Great Britain visited, who served them hot dogs?
106. Who is the only man to have been a U.S. president and a chief justice of the United States? (He also was depicted as one of the “Racing Presidents” at Nationals’ baseball games in the 21st century.)
107. Which president liked to skinny-dip in the Potomac River early in the morning?
108. Which president was a practical joker, who liked to ring the White House doorbell and then hide?
109. Abraham Lincoln was born in a humble log cabin. Who was the first president born in a hospital?
110. Which President banned broccoli from his dinner plate?