Do you cherish new beginnings?
Spring is known to symbolize new beginnings, where flowers bloom, some animals awaken and the earth seems to come to life again. Studies have shown that during this season, people become open to new ideas and more creative for spending hours in the outdoors.
Spring Trivia Questions and Answers – Fun Facts Too
For vegetarians, this is the period to get your local greens and other fresh produce. Many veggies and mouthwatering fruits are harvested in spring thus you can freely stick to your health regimen.
Good news for people with claustrophobia, for the season, presents an open opportunity to throw open those windows and allow fresh air in. What a relief!
The following list of spring trivia questions and answers will expand your know-how and leave you more enlightened.
Here, take a look!
1. What is the first day of Spring called?
2. What bird is often associated with Spring in North America?
3. Songkran is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
4. Around what day does Spring begin in the Northern Hemisphere?
5. What is the name of the condition that is marked by an excessive fondness for flowers?
6. According to research, infants born in the spring are more likely to be preterm- true or false?
7. Which holiday does not occur during Spring?
8. The Japanese welcome spring by organizing significant viewings of what flower?
9. During the first day of Spring, where does the sunrise, and where does the sunset?
10. In the Northern Hemisphere, the first day of fall is the first day of spring in the Southern Hemisphere — true or false?
11. What myth is associated with the first day of Spring?
12. Spring allergies are intensified because of what?
13. Which natural phenomenon occurs more frequently in the spring and less frequently in the winter?
14. What does Spring symbolize?
15. In Roman mythology, she is known as the goddess of spring?
16. On the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere, the sun rises directly over what part of the globe?
17. What is Hanami?
18. On the first day of Spring, it is said that the day and night are exactly what length?
19. In the UK, what do you call the vegetable that is known as scallions in the USA?
20. May Day, commonly known as Labor Day, occurs in which season?
21. On the first day of Spring, it is said that the day and night are exactly what length?
22. Was Spring always referred to as spring?
23. During which time, it is said that you can balance an egg on its sharp end?
24. Which season follows spring?
25. Why does the start date of the Spring Equinox varies?
26. Is Spring considered the first, second, third, or fourth season of the year?
27. Which ancient building was constructed facing the direction where the sun rises on the first day of spring?
28. Tulip Festival is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
29. For Australians, in what month does Spring begin?
30. The season of spring ends on what day?
31. What does the word “equinox” mean?
32. Spring tides occur twice a month throughout the year, regardless of the season — true or false?
33. What happens to the day and night during the vernal equinox?
34. Why does daylight increase in Spring?
35. During spring, why is the day longer than the night?
36. Only twice a year, on the ________, does the sunrise at the exact eastern point and set in the exact western position?
37. According to legend, if a groundhog does not see his shadow when he emerges from his hole on Groundhog Day, Spring will arrive (late or early)?
38. What health issues account for approximately 17 million outpatient office visits each year, with the majority occurring in the spring and fall?
39. Name a yellow spring flower?
40. Why do people gift daffodils during spring?
41. In China, the start of spring corresponds with what Chinese annual celebration?
42. What is a popular springtime adage that refers to the fact that April is typically wet and flowers blossom in May?
43. Name a spring flower that grows in the woods?
44. Hurricane season begin in Spring. True or false?
45. Name a blue flower that is protected by the Wildlife and Countryside Act?
46. Relapses of multiple sclerosis are more prevalent in the spring and less common in the fall – true or false?
47. What is a tunic?
48. If you celebrate the Baba Marta Day spring festival, which country are you in?
49. During spring birds are more vocal as they sing to attract what?
50. True or false? Bulbs are planted before the ground freezes.
51. The quality of sperm varies seasonally, according to studies — true or false?
52. What is the largest part of a flower?
53. What is Holi?
54. Who was regarded as the goddess of spring by the Romans?
55. Name the second festival celebrated throughout India to mark the onset of spring?
56. As a gesture of welcoming spring, several Baltic and Slavic countries burn what?
57. What is Semana Santa?
58. In which Pole, whereas spring arrives, so does six months of darkness with no visible light?
59. How do people celebrate spring in Bosnia?
60. The spring season in the United States is traditionally defined as beginning the day after what day?
61. What is Imbolc?
62. Fallas is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
63. Name a Jewish spring festival?
64. Mars, the Roman god of ______, is commemorated in the month of March?
65. Name an animal that hibernates, then wakes in spring?
66. To commemorate Easter, what items are painted and given as gifts?
67. Which spring animal can see the earth’s magnetic field?
68. The first day of spring in which culture is known as Nowruz, which means “New Day”?
69. Which animal is the mascot of spring?
70. Cimburijada is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
71. Which spring mammal has the thickest fur?
72. A feeder might be a good source of food for which created during the spring migration?
73. What is spring fever associated with?
74. Spring infants are more susceptible to a variety of illnesses — true or false?
75. What is the most common spring outdoor activity for kids?
76. Marzanna is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
77. In which century did the word ‘spring’ originate?
78. Which civilization celebrated the first day of spring with “The Return of the Sun Serpent” in Chichen Itza, Mexico?
79. What is spring cleaning?
80. What does the term ‘spring chicken’ mean?
81. Which Disney movie featured the spring season beautifully?
82. At the start of spring, women in Sicily flock to which garden for a pilgrimage. They sow seeds and use ribbons to adorn the garden?
83. True or false? 36% of Americans list spring as their favorite season.
84. Spring is when Jews celebrate Passover, which they refer to as what?
85. What are the spring zodiac signs?
86. What are among the first spring flowers to bloom?
87. Why do honeybees are more prone to swarm during the spring?
88. What are English spring buns traditionally called?
89. If Pope _________ had not created the Gregorian calendar in 1582, the spring equinox would have occurred a full calendar day earlier every 128 years, eventually putting Easter in the middle of winter?
90. On what day is it a tradition to eat hot cross buns?
91. What are spring superfoods?
92. Sechseläuten is a spring festival celebrated in which country?
93. What are the only two states that do not observe daylight savings time?
94. Spring has arrived three weeks earlier in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains than it did in which year?
95. Which spring superfood has over 500 varieties?
96. Persephone’s return is said to coincide with the arrival of spring in which mythology?
97. Name two different types of fabrics traditionally used for spring dresses?
98. There would be no change in day lengths or seasons if Earth revolved on what angle to the plane of its orbit around the sun rather than on a 23.4o tilt?
99. What is ‘summer solstice’?
100. While the term “spring” is used to represent one of the four traditional temperate seasons, in subtropical and tropical regions, what alternative names are used to express distinct seasonal variations?
101. Why is it good to plant seeds in spring?
102. Which day is said to have started in France in the 16th century when New Year’s Day was moved from April to January?
103. In which month does Greenland experience spring?
104. According to studies, suicide rates peak in which season, not over the holidays, as is widely assumed?
105. Who is the composer of ‘The Four Seasons’?
106. In 1784, who was the first to suggest the use of daylight savings time. It didn’t become completely operational till the end of WWII?
107. Which country is Easter Island part of?
108. What climate is the Southern Hemisphere when the Northern Hemisphere is in spring?
109. What becomes faster in spring?
110. In spring, days are _______ from the summer days?