I’m certain if you’re a resident of the States, you must be aware of the U.S. labor day which is normally commemorated on the first Monday of September every year. Maybe you’ve been wondering how the holiday came to be? We have gathered some facts that will keep you well informed. This is a public holiday meant to celebrate American workers for their social and economic achievements. It is also a day that marks the end of Summer, hence why the tradition of not wearing white the following day.
Americans are a working nation, where most people work up to 18 hours a day, while some take up several jobs at a go so that they are able to meet their needs. No one ever considered taking a break, to honor all laborers working day and night from medical practitioners, teachers, and many others, until President Grover Cleveland made Labor Day a national holiday on June 28th, 1894.
U.S. Labor Day Trivia Questions and Answers
It is a day when most workers anticipate for labor unions to make better legislation to improve their welfare. Enough with the history, now let’s get into the fun part. We have prepared perfect, fun trivia questions to help you learn more about the U.S. Labor Day.
See the following U.S. labor day trivia questions and answers to put yourself to the test on how much you know about this holiday! These questions are a perfect fit for the D-Day away from the normal routine of perhaps keeping up with Netflix or watching your favorite football team showcase their prowess.
1. When is Labor Day celebrated in Canada and America?
2. What is Labor Day?
3. In which century United States start to celebrate labor day?
4. According to the early history of Labor Day, the event originated in connection with what?
5. Which country celebrates Labor Day on first of May?
6. Which union of the United States promotes labor day?
7. What was held in connection with this clandestine Knights assembly?
8. Who is widely believed to be Father of Labor Day in America?
9. Which state of the united states make labor day as a public holiday?
10. In which year did Labor Day start as a federal holiday?
11. Secretary of the CLU Matthew Maguire is credited for first proposing what?
12. The famous 19th-century activist Peter McGuire was assigned a nickname, what was it?
13. How many states in the United States celebrate Labor Day?
14. An alternative thesis is maintained that the idea of Labor Day was the brainchild of whom?
15. The first labor strike in the U.S. is believed to have occurred in which year?
16. Labor day has its origin in the eight-hour day moment, which advocates?
17. The Labor Day Parade was held in America in which year for the first time?
18. In Australian capital territory, which month is associated with labor day?
19. According to McGuire he further recommended that the event should begin with what?
20. There were several obstacles to Southern economic growth, which was not among them?
21. In which month Japan celebrates labor day?
22. The march would be followed by a what?
23. A small town where everything was owned by a mill company was?
24. What is the main theme of labor day of 2019?
25. According to McGuire, why did he suggest the first Monday in September as an ideal date for such a public celebration?
26. The Act which vaguely worded and led to the dissolution of many labor union was named?
27. In 1909 the American Federation of Labor convention designated the Sunday preceding Labor Day as what?
28. Which main event is held in the US in 2019 on Labor Day?
29. This secondary date failed to what?
30. The Great May Labor strikes of 1886 were all about?
31. Which type of funs are made in Labor Day events in 2019?
32. What was the name of the strike which led in making Labor Day national holiday?
33. In New York City the West Indian American carnival events of 2019 was held at?
34. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and the United States territories have subsequently made Labor Day a what?
35. The Labor Day Strikes of 1886 ended in which place?
36. What type of dishes are served in the West Indian American carnival event?
37. The date had its origins at what 1885 convention?
38. What is the Ghost Union originally?
39. Which festival is a Labor Day tradition in the windy city?
40. The proximity of the date to the bloody Haymarket affair of May 4, 1886, further accentuated what?
41. The bill which made the Labor Day a national holiday was signed by which U.S. president?
42. Who is the performer of the Chicago festival?
43. Some advocating for continued emphasis of the September march-and-picnic date while others sought what?
44. Who actively recruited the members of Knights of Labor?
45. The 40th annual event of Great Lakes rival city festival held from?
46. Why is Labor Day called the “unofficial end of summer”?
47. The performer of the Great Lakes rival city festival includes?
48. What was the name of the nonunion sanctioned strike?
49. In the United States, what do many school districts resume around the Labor Day holiday?
50. Labor day in the US was first celebrated on a?
51. Labor day in Canada begins in?
52. What was the name of the labor union founded by William Sylvis?
53. Many school districts begin the week before, making Labor Day weekend the first what?
54. How many people attend the first parade of Labor Day?
55. The National Labor Union collapsed how many years after the death of William Sylvis, the founder?
56. Other students return to school the Tuesday following Labor Day, allowing families what?
57. Which type of slogans were used in the Labor Day parade?
58. What was the name of the leader of Pullman Strike who was also arrested?
59. In the U.S. state of Virginia, the amusement park industry has successfully lobbied for legislation requiring most school districts in the state to have their first day of school when?
60. Who is the co-founder of the American Federation of labor?
61. The book which advocated socialism, written by Herny George was named?
62. What was the relevant statute nicknamed?
63. Why do Americans celebrate Labor Day on 1 May?
64. How many labor leaders were arrested after the bombing of Haymarket Square?
65. In Minnesota when does the State Fair end?
66. In which year did the Canadian prime minister signed labor into law?
67. Out of eight labor leaders who were arrested at Haymarket square how many were hung and pardoned?
68. Under state law public schools normally do not begin until when?
69. Which type of employees were often required to work 12 hours a day?
70. The Oshkosh woodworkers strike (1898) was held to resolve which main issue?
71. In fashion, Labor Day is (or was) considered the last day when it is acceptable to wear what?
72. After the Civil War Calls for shorter workdays and better conditions came from?
73. The eight-hour day came into effect in which year?
74. In big cities, people try to go outside and enjoy what over the Labor Day Weekend?
75. What type of labor union took unpaid leave and marched with their locals?
76. The largest Labor Union in the United States in 2005 was?
77. To take advantage of large numbers of potential customers with time to shop, Labor Day has become an important weekend for what?
78. What demonstrates the Labor Day parades and other festivals?
79. What was the name of the leader who organized the California Farmworkers?
80. What grew out of violent clashes between labor and police in the American Midwest?
81. Who was assassinated while in Memphis to support a strike of Garbage workers?
82. In which year workers went on strike to protest 16-hour workdays and low wages at the Pullman Palace Car Company?
83. Which philosophy implied that the ”drunkard belonged in the gutter” and should be left there?
84. In 1938, which act limited child labor, set a minimum wage, and mandated a shorter workweek, with overtime pay for longer shifts?
85. Which term was chosen for the rich industrialists who dominated American politics in the Gilded Age?
86. In which year the average workweek had fallen to five eight-hour days?
87. The person who controlled 90% of all oil refined in the U.S. was?
88. Who saw the potential of collective worker action to create a more just society?
89. In US Labor Day was officially established by?
90. When was the united States labor force increased by 1.8 million?
91. Currently how many civilians are there in the United States sixteen years of age and older?
92. How many workers who are between the ages of 16 and 19 comprise the workforce?
93. How much did white women earn?
94. How many workers retirees actually retired sooner than they expected?
95. As for working hours in the United States how many people work full time?
96. On Labor Day how the workers spent their time?
97. In America which type of fashion people wear on Labor Day?
98. Which type of drinks are served on Labor Day in America?
99. How much did Asian women earn?
100. Labour day is dedicated to all men and women who work in every nation. True or false?
101. What is the current federal minimum wage?
102. Which global company allows employees to bring their dogs to work?
103. What year saw the highest minimum wage in real (inflation-adjusted) terms?
104. In the last five decades, what year saw the lowest minimum wage in real (inflation-adjusted) terms?
105. On average, how far do a typist’s hands travel in a day?
106. Which state has the highest state minimum wage?
107. 79% of employees believe that it is important to have what in the workplace?
108. Which city or county has the highest local minimum wage?
109. What percentage of all bosses wish that an employee would quit?
110. How many states do not have a state minimum wage?
111. Which states have a state minimum wage that is lower than the federal minimum wage?
112. What percentage of office workers believe that access to social media increases their productivity?
113. Which was the first company ever to get a capitalization of $1 trillion?
114. How many states will be raising their minimum wage to $15/hour by 2026 or sooner?