Wisconsin is the top producer of cranberries in the United States with about 4.17 million barrels, followed by Massachusetts at 1.8 million barrels of cranberries. The state is also the leading market producer of cheese in the US and ranks second as the best milk producer.
Ever wondered why Wisconsin is the only American State offering a Master Cheesemaker program? Well, the state boasts the second largest dairy cattle per square kilometer compared to other states.
Did you know natural cheese makes up the most significant share of cheese sales in the US, generating approximately 14.7 billion dollars in 2021? Mouth-watering food fact, huh!
Wisconsin Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Do you know the state animal of Wisconsin? If you thought it was the badger, try again. The badger is the state symbol yet holds a lot of misconceptions. This wild animal refers to the lead miners of 1820 who journeyed for work and even dug tunnels to provide shelter, just like the badger animal.
Below is a series of trivia questions to help you discover simple basics about Wisconsin you might have missed.
1. Wisconsin is bordered by what US State to the west?
2. Which body of water borders Wisconsin to the north?
3. What is the lowest recorded temperature for Wisconsin?
4. Where does the state of Wisconsin rank compared to the other states in size?
5. What state borders Wisconsin to the southwest?
6. What is the state capital of Wisconsin?
7. What is the Wisconsin State Dance?
8. The lure of easy wealth drew immigrants from throughout the U.S. and Europe to the mineral deposits in Wisconsin. What type of mineral was attracting them?
9. What percentage of Wisconsin’s land area is covered by forest?
10. What is the Wisconsin State Tree?
11. What is the Wisconsin State Nickname?
12. The state of Wisconsin has more country music “what” than any other state?
13. Which U.S. state borders Wisconsin to the south?
14. What is Wisconsin’s biggest city?
15. What is Wisconsin State Rock?
16. On the western shore of which lake is Milwaukee located?
17. During the Civil War, how many soldiers from the state of Wisconsin fought for the Union?
18. What is the Wisconsin State Song?
19. What is the Wisconsin State Beverage?
20. How many counties does the state of Wisconsin have?
21. Which body of water borders Wisconsin to the east?
22. The state of Wisconsin is second to what other US state in the length of its coastline on the Great Lakes?
23. What is the Wisconsin State Mineral?
24. Why is the state of Wisconsin known as “America’s Dairyland”?
25. What American state borders Wisconsin to the northeast?
26. What is the Wisconsin State Motto?
27. What is the Wisconsin State Fruit?
28. The first people to arrive, around 10,000 BCE, arrived during Wisconsin what?
29. Tammy Baldwin was the first openly-what?
30. In early times, in what is now Wisconsin, Paleo-Indians hunted ice age animals like the what?
31. In what year did Gwen Moore become Wisconsin’s first African-American U.S. Representative?
32. What is the Wisconsin State Insect?
33. What is the Wisconsin State Flower?
34. The first European to visit what would eventually be Wisconsin was most likely what French explorer?
35. What is the Wisconsin State Animal?
36. In 1783, after the Revolutionary War, what did Wisconsin become?
37. Wisconsin is home to the Located in Wisconsin, what is the name of the world’s oldest operational racetrack?
38. What is the Wisconsin State Grain?
39. Wisconsin leads the country in cheese production, producing what percentage of the nation’s cheese?
40. Wisconsin was a free state from its inception, and became a center of northern what?
41. What is the Wisconsin State Fish?
42. What is the Wisconsin State Bird?
43. The state of Wisconsin is second in milk production, after what other US state?
44. University of Wisconsin economics professors John R. Commons and Harold Groves helped Wisconsin create the first “what” in the United States in 1932.
45. How much of the country’s butter does Wisconsin produce?
46. What is the Wisconsin State Fossil?
47. What is the Wisconsin State Domesticated Animal?
48. In Wisconsin, what is the highest temperature recorded?
49. Wisconsin grows over half the national crop of cranberries, and 97% of the nation’s what?
50. The Census Bureau estimated the population of Wisconsin to be how many people on July 1, 2013?
51. The state of Wisconsin is the only one that treats a first offense drunk driving as a traffic violation and not a what?
52. What is the Wisconsin State Dog?
53. Hunting is popular in Wisconsin, and one of the most prevalent game animals is the what?
54. In what four cities does 86% of Wisconsin’s African-American population live in?
55. How many deer hunting licenses are sold per annum in the state of Wisconsin?
56. Tammy Baldwin from Madison Wisconsin was the first openly?
57. What is the Wisconsin State Wild Animal?
58. __________ is the capital of Wisconsin.
59. In what three sports Wisconsin is represented by major league teams?
60. ____________ is the area of Wisconsin.
61. To what team is Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin home?
62. Can you tell the established date of Wisconsin?
63. The Green Bay Packers have won how many NFL championships?
64. Can you tell what is Wisconsin’s highest point?
65. In what year did the Milwaukee Brewers win the American League Championship?
66. __________ is the name of a river in Wisconsin.
67. Where do the Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA play home games?
68. Wisconsin has ________ miles of railroad track.
69. In what year did the Bucks win the NBA Championship?
70. Which city are former Wisconsin wide receivers Lee Evans and Chris Chambers from?
71. How many rivers are there in Wisconsin?
72. ________ is Wisconsin’s flag color.
73. ________ is Wisconsin’s population.
74. ___________ is the nickname of Wisconsin.
75. After the 2005 season, Barry Alvarez retired and was replaced by defensive coordinator Bret Bielema. What was Bielema’s record in his very first season as head coach at the University of Wisconsin?
76. What 2005 Green Bay Packers quarterback coach was the Badgers’ quarterback during their first ever Rose Bowl win in 1993?
77. Ron Dayne set a Division 1A career rushing yards record. How many yards did he rush for?
78. This 1999 Heisman Trophy winner struggled in the NFL.
79. In Barry Alvarez’s tenure as Wisconsin head coach, how many times did Wisconsin play UCLA in a bowl game?
80. What does head coach Bert Bielema have tattooed on his left calf?
81. Against whom did Barry Alvarez become Wisconsin’s all-time winningest coach?
82. After he graduated in 2007, which Badger quarterback left as the winningest in school history?
83. What National Football League head coach was the linebackers coach for the Badgers in 1987 under Don Morton?
84. What county is the University of Wisconsin-Madison located in?
85. Wisconsin Badgers head coach Barry Alverez was a pupil of what famous college football head coach?
86. In the 1963 Rose Bowl game, after USC scored early in the fourth quarter, how many points behind was Wisconsin?
87. A one-year wonder running back with the Badgers, he left for the draft after his junior year. He was drafted by the Lions in 2006 and gained 54 yards in his 2-year career.
88. This defensive lineman was a star for the Badgers from 1999-2002, but fizzled in Arizona, recording 39 tackles over his 3-year career.
89. This 400-pound OT was one of many solid Badger lineman, but this 1999 draft choice did not help the Bears’ line problems.
90. In 1973, assistant attorney general Howard Koop suggested that Bucky Badger, Wisconsin’s mascot, be replaced by what animal?
91. As a stunt, what Badger football coach leaped out of a coffin to prove he wasn’t dead?
92. Ron Dayne broke the NCAA career rushing record against what team?
93. Who preceded Barry Alvarez as Wisconsin’s head coach?
94. The Badgers beat Michigan State in 1993 to earn a trip to the Rose Bowl. Where was this game played?
95. Between 2004 and 2006, the Badgers were defeated just once at Camp Randall Stadium in those three seasons. Who defeated them?
96. A DB with the blazing speed at UW, he was drafted by the Eagles in 2008 and played in one game.
97. When Ron Dayne won his Wisconsin Heisman, he was the ______ player to win it.
98. The 1951 Wisconsin Badgers defense is considered the best defense in Badger history. What was its nickname?
99. This Badger QB led the Badgers to a Rose Bowl victory in 2000 but had a very undistinguished career with the Jets, Vikings, and Cowboys. He was last seen playing in the UFL.
100. Which singer owned the rights to Wisconsin’s fight song, “On Wisconsin”?
101. In one of the best traditions in college football, what song is played between the third and fourth quarters at Camp Randall Stadium?
102. What is the most lopsided win in Wisconsin history?
103. Which of these former Wisconsin running backs didn’t come from the state of New Jersey?
104. The Badgers battle the Minnesota Gophers for which trophy?
105. When Ron Dayne left NCAA football, he was the career record holder for rushing. Whose collegiate record did he break?
106. A star receiver for the Badgers, he was drafted by the 49’ers in 2006 and fizzled in his 2-year career.
107. A very competent starter at UW, this QB was drafted by the Colts in 2004 and spent 7 years holding a clipboard for Peyton Manning.
108. Home football games at Camp Randall have a number of traditions. Which of these is not a tradition?
109. What are the two statues that stand at the entrance to Camp Randall Stadium?
110. What is Wisconsin’s mascot’s full name?
111. Which team was Bret Bielema the defensive coordinator for immediately before accepting the same position at Wisconsin?
112. Ron Dayne was the second Badger to win the Heisman Trophy. As a tailback, how many yards did Dayne gain during his collegiate career?
113. Nicknamed “Razzamatazz”, he was part of what was at the time the strongest defensive line the Badgers ever assembled. Drafted in 2005, he went on to record 37 tackles in 28 games in the NFL.
114. The Badgers Camp Randall Stadium was a training ground during which war?
115. In what year did the Badgers experience their first number one ranking?