Georgia is popular for its beautiful mountains, pristine forests, and countless water bodies. You can enjoy a hiking trail at the breathtaking Amicalola Falls standing at 728 feet tall.
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast and interested in caves, you’ll love the Veryovkina Cave, hidden amidst the Gagra Mountain range. Worried about your safety? Fret not for Georgia was rated as the 7th safest country to visit in the world in 2017.
Georgia Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Here is some black history fact you may not know: During the 1950s, Georgia served as a major hub for the Civil Rights movement. It is in Atlanta that Martin Luther King Jr. co-founded the SCLC.
How well do you know about the U.S Presidents? Did you know that former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was the only president to hail from Georgia?
Take up this Georgia trivia to get more insights about the place!
1. What is the Georgia state Amphibian?
2. Which state is bordered to the north of Georgia?
3. Georgia was established in 1732 and was the last of the original what?
4. What is the capital of Georgia?
5. What major golf tournament is held annually the second weekend of April at the Augusta National Golf Club?
6. How many bird species are there in Georgia?
7. What is the Georgia state tree?
8. How many species of reptiles live in Georgia?
9. When did Georgia join the Union?
10. What is the Georgia state Fish?
11. At which number did the state join the Union?
12. Who or what was the US state of Georgia named after?
13. At which number did the state join the Confederacy?
14. What is the highest temperature ever recorded in the state of Georgia?
15. When did the state join the Confederacy?
16. What is the Georgia state, Shell?
17. Which city of Georgia is known as the Granite Capital of the World?
18. Among the largest performing arts venues in Georgia are the Fox Theatre, and the Alliance Theatre both located where?
19. Which Super Bowl games did Atlanta’s Georgia Dome host?
20. Georgia ratified the US Constitution, becoming the fourth state to do so on what date?
21. Who explored Georgia?
22. What is the Georgia state soil?
23. When does he explore Georgia?
24. What is Georgia’s official state song?
25. What is the nickname of the state?
26. What are Georgia’s two major Interstate Highways?
27. What is the Georgia state Rock?
28. What is Georgia’s state bird?
29. What is the lowest temperature ever recorded in Georgia?
30. Which is the state flower?
31. What is the Georgia state dance?
32. Which state is in the south of Georgia?
33. On what date did Georgia declare its secession from the Union?
34. Which U.S. state grows the most peanuts in the country?
35. Georgia was one of the original seven, what?
36. What is the motto of the state?
37. What is the Georgia state Reptile?
38. Which is the highest peak in the state?
39. Where does Georgia rank in population compared to the other states?
40. How much is the height of the Brass-town Bald?
41. What mountain range is located in the northern part of the state?
42. What is the highest recorded temperature in the state?
43. Where is the highest point in Georgia?
44. Where the highest temperature was recorded?
45. What is the Georgia state Mineral?
46. Where was the lowest temperature recorded?
47. What is the lowest point in Georgia?
48. Which is the state game bird?
49. Inland area, Georgia is the biggest state east of the Mississippi River, but fourth in what?
50. Which is the state vegetable?
51. What is the Georgia state Mammal?
52. Who adopted Georgia’s flag?
53. The stadium built to host Olympic events is now called Turner Field, and is the what?
54. Who created Lake Blackshear?
55. What is the Georgia state Butterfly?
56. What was the purpose of the lake creation?
57. In 1838, Martin Van Buren had the Cherokee deported west of the what?
58. When was West Point lake created?
59. What is Georgia’s primary commercial airport?
60. How many forests are there in the state?
61. What is the most widely recognized orchestra and largest arts organization in the southeastern United States?
62. How many state parks are there?
63. What is the Georgia state Insect?
64. Who is the famous poet of the state?
65. In 1877 white Democrats passed a poll tax, which disfranchised who?
66. Who is the famous baseball player of the state?
67. In Georgia, where can one find white-tailed (Virginia) deer?
68. Where is the first American college to grant women college degrees located?
69. What was the time period of the Gold Rush in Georgia?
70. What is the Georgia state Gem?
71. How much gold does it produce?
72. How many bird species live in the state of Georgia?
73. Which famous drink was invented in Atlanta, Georgia?
74. On July 1, 2013, the population of Georgia was what?
75. What was the first capital of Georgia?
76. Georgia, as of the year 2010, has the sixth-highest number of what, in the country?
77. How many counties are there in Georgia?
78. What is the Georgia state Fossil?
79. Which is the only county in Georgia named after a woman?
80. From 1990 to 2000, Georgia had the second-fastest growth rate in the population of which ethnic group?
81. As of 2008, Georgia has the third-lowest percentage of what type of people?
82. In 2011, what was Georgia’s Per Capita personal income?
83. Georgia is the world’s biggest supplier of what type of tree nuts?
84. Which U.S president was a peanut farmer in Georgia?
85. What is the state theater of Georgia, that is located in Columbus?
86. How many varieties of peaches are from Georgia?
87. What 1980s TV show was set in the fictional Hazzard County in Georgia?
88. What is the rank of the state by area?
89. What are the bordering states of Georgia?
90. What two motion pictures set in Atlanta were awarded Oscars for Best Picture?
91. Ty Cobb was the first baseball player inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. What was his nickname?
92. What are two major college football teams in the NCAA Division I FBS?
93. Where is the Dixie 500 NASCAR stock car race held each year?
94. How many public colleges, universities, and technical colleges does Georgia have?
95. How many cities with populations above 50,000 does Georgia have?
96. The colony of Georgia, as originally established prior to statehood, was intended as a buffer zone to protect the English in the Carolinas from the Spanish, who held Florida. For the most part, what type of people were imported from England to settle in the coastal area between these two opposing factions?
97. Which city was the capital of Georgia during the U.S. Civil War?
98. The east end of River Street is where you will find The Waving Girl statue. What was the real Waving Girl’s name?
99. What was the first place outside of Asia to house whale sharks?
100. The Indians who first inhabited Jekyll Island were the__________?
101. What does the word “Okefenokee” mean in the language of the Seminoles?
102. What landmark restaurant sits at the corner of Highway 120 and U.S. 41 in Marietta?
103. Name one great invention that was developed in Georgia?
104. In Georgia what animal may not be kept in a bathtub?
105. What is the county seat of Forsyth County?
106. Located on historic Auburn Avenue, this memorial to America’s principal spokesman for racial equality is only a block from the house he was born in. Who was he?
107. Who was elected mayor of Atlanta in 2001?
108. Which “lost” historic square was refurbished, featuring a statue of Johnny Mercer, a play fountain, and an enormous underground parking garage?
109. Where can you see giant pandas, as well as one of the largest gorilla populations in North America?
110. What is the county seat of Floyd County? Rome
111. In what Georgia city is it illegal to throw rocks at birds?
112. Which Georgia city is called the second-oldest city in the U.S.?
113. The Globe, located at DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road, was once a storage tank for what?
114. Where can guests see how a real news television station works?
115. In Savannah, you can visit the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low. What organization did she found?
116. Where can visitors see dinosaur skeletons, an IMAX theater, and the fauna and flora of Georgia?
117. What is the county seat of Richmond County?
118. In Atlanta, it is illegal to tie a ________ to a telephone pole?
119. What famous Atlanta journalist said of General Sherman that he was an able military man, but “a might careless about fire”?
120. Which major interstate hiking trail begins in the north Georgia mountains?
121. Which Atlanta university is consistently ranked among the top ten in the nation for its College of Engineering?
122. In 1995, the Georgia Assembly designated Georgia as the _________ Capital of the World?