Mother’s Day is celebrated to honor all moms for bringing forth life, doing all it takes to nurture kids, and even recognizing their unending love. Although one day is not enough, we can all agree that it still plays a significant role.
Not only would you buy roses and special gifts for your mom on Valentine’s Day, but also do the same and much more on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
So, besides treating your mom to mind-blowing treats, what else would make a perfect Mother’s Day celebration other than learning about the day.
What is the history of Mother’s Day? Or, how well do you know the interesting facts about Mother’s Day?
Here is a collection of amazing Mother’s Day trivia questions and answers sure to leave you informed. After participating in this trivia, you will amaze your friends with how much you really know.
1. The modern Mother’s Day was first celebrated in which country?
2. In the Bible, Eve is credited with being the what?
3. Who is Homer Simpson’s estranged mum?
4. Which flowers are often associated with Mother’s Day?
5. Who is the youngest mother whose history is authenticated?
6. In Greek mythology, who was the mother of the gods?
7. In which month is Mother’s Day celebrated in Canada, Australia, and the United States?
8. Who became the world’s oldest mother on April 9, 2003?
9. What date was the first-ever test-tube baby born?
10. In the Roman Catholic Church, Mother’s Day is most associated with admiration for whom?
11. Name the mother who holds the record for the most surviving children from a single birth?
12. What was the name of the first-ever baby born via test tube?
13. What is the most popular gift purchased for Mother’s Day?
14. The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is?
15. Which president established Mother’s Day?
16. Which country awarded medals to mothers with large families in the 1920s?
17. What is the median age of women when they give birth for the first time?
18. Mother’s Day started as an anti-war movement – True or false?
19. Which was the first country to dedicate one day just for mothers?
20. What are the odds of a woman delivering twins?
21. In 1972, Who had a hit with Sylvia’s Mother?
22. Which holiday was the precursor to the modern Mother’s Day in the United Kingdom?
23. Name the most popular day of the week to have a baby?
24. Who was the lead actor in the TV series ‘Some Mother’s Do ‘Ave ‘Em’?
25. Which scientist won two Nobel Prize awards and was also the mother of a Nobel Prize Winner?
26. Name the most popular month to have a baby?
27. “Mother of Presidents” is the nickname of which U.S. state because 8 former U.S. Presidents were born and raised there?
28. Who knitted many of the sweaters worn by Mr. Rogers on the popular television show, Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood?
29. According to the proverb, what is “the mother of invention”?
30. Which song by the Beatles was inspired by Mary, the mother of Paul McCartney?\
31. What is the traditional Mother’s Day flower in Australia?
32. Mother’s ruin is the other name of which alcoholic drink?
33. Nacre is more commonly known as what?
34. According to recent polls, Mother’s Day ranks where in terms of most popular holidays?
35. The U.S. actress Kate Hudson is the daughter of which famous mother?
36. The youngest recorded mother is Lina Medina, who gave birth to a boy in Lima, Peru in 1939. How old was she at the time?
37. What do Tibetans refer to as ‘The goddess mother’?
38. In the former Yugoslavia, what would children do to get treats from their mother?
39. On average, how many diaper changes will a mother perform by a baby’s second birthday?
40. In Pantomimes, who is Aladdin’s mother?
41. In which movie is there a computer named “Mother”?
42. What day in May is Mother’s Day observed in the U.S.?
43. Who is Pebble’s mother in the Flintstones?
44. In which country do people celebrate Durga-puja, a 10-day event around September or October that pays homage to Durga – the mother goddess?
45. Who created the American tradition of Mother’s Day?
46. Which mother knows best?
47. Mother Theresa found her missionary in which Indian city?
48. Where did Anna Jarvis attend the first Mother’s Day celebration?
49. Whose mother has ‘got it goin on’?
50. “Mother and Child” is an artwork that depicts a calf and a cow bisected and preserved in 4 separate tanks of formaldehyde. What is the type of this artwork?
51. How many babies are born to U.S. mothers each year?
52. What was the name of Harry Potters’s mother?
53. Which song by John Lennon bears the name of his mother, who tragically died in a vehicle accident?
54. Mother’s Day accounts for what percentage of annual flower purchases?
55. Which actress is the step mom in the film ‘stepmom’?
56. Carnations are a popular flower on Mother’s Day because many Christians believe that they were made from what of Mary?
57. Which two states were first to observe Mother’s Day?
58. Who is the mother of dragons?
59. Who is the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry?
60. What is the average number of children that American mothers have?
61. Which almond cake is traditionally made for Mothering Sunday?
62. What does the word “mother” mean in Latin?
63. In the children’s nursery rhyme, who had no food for her dog?
64. “Mamma Mia” is a hit by which pop group?
65. Who is actress Kate Hudson’s famous mother?
66. In which country was the Nobel laureate and Catholic missionary Mother Teresa born?
67. Who was the leader of the 60s group The Mothers of Invention?
68. Monique Delacroix is the mother of which fictional character?
69. Who played Forrest Gump’s mother in the film “Forrest Gump”?
70. Elizabeth Fry is often referred to as “The Mother of Prison Reform”. Where can everyone see her picture regularly?
71. ‘Mother’s not quite herself today!’ is a line from which film?
72. In the British sitcom “The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin”, which vision came up on the television screen whenever Reginald thought of his mother-in-law?
73. Who was the mother of Liza Minelli?
74. Where were these words spoken: “Let’s get this mother out of here”?
75. What is the name of Saffron’s mother in the TV series ‘Absolutely Fabulous’?
76. Who is the lead actress in the film ‘Mother’?
77. Which TV mother has a bright blue beehive and yellow skin?
78. What year was the film Mamma Mia released?
79. In which language does Fête des Mères mean Mother’s Day?
80. What group of animals carry their young ones in their mother’s pouch?
81. What is the superhero name of the mum in The Incredibles?
82. In the Terminator films, what is the name of John Connor’s mother?
83. Who had a number 2 hit in June 1977 with “Ma Baker”?
84. What was the name of the Greek King of Thebes who fell in love with his mother?
85. Ma Larkin featured in which popular TV Series?
86. Which actress played Ma Larkin?
87. Diwrnod Mamau means Mother’s Day in which language?
88. What mother would you find in an oyster?
89. Who was the mother in the book Mommie Dearest?
90. Which Hollywood actress named her daughter Apple?
91. Which mother was famous for taking care of the poor in India?
92. What is the name of Cinderella’s wicked stepmother?
93. Complete these words from Virgil: “I cannot bear a mothers’ ……”?
94. What do red carnations symbolize on Mother’s Day?
95. What kind of men once called falling snow ‘Mother Carey’s chickens’?
96. What do white carnations symbolize on Mother’s Day?
97. The drug meprobamate was better known as what in the 1960s?
98. In India, people celebrate Durga-puja, how many days does the event last?
99. What is the name of Megan Markle’s mother?
100. What is the name of the matriarch in the TV series ‘Married with Children’?
101. Which TV witch hates that her daughter has married a mortal?
102. Which TV mum is creepy and kooky, and somewhat mysterious and spooky?
103. Muttertag means Mother’s Day in which language?
104. What did Denise name her firstborn child in the TV series ‘The Royle Family’?
105. Which artist painted a famous painting of his mother?
106. What was President W Bush’s mother’s name?
107. Which girl band sang the song ‘Mama’?
108. ‘Buona Festa Della mamma’ means Mother’s Day in which language?
109. Barack Obama was raised by a single mother – True or False?
110. Which actress adopted a son called Maddox, from Cambodia?
111. Who was the mother of Queen Elizabeth I?
112. What is the name of Simbas mum in the film ‘The Lion king’?
113. How old was Jack Nicholson when he found out that his “sister”, June, was actually his mother?
114. How many weeks does the average pregnancy last?
115. What year did Mother’s day become an official holiday?
116. ‘Día de la Madre’ means Mother’s Day in which language?
117. In a popular spiritual song, what kind of person would feel “a long way from home”?
118. Complete this line from Shakespeare’s Henry VI “Seal up your lips, and give no words but _____”?
119. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu was better known as?
120. A difficult-to-find vein?