The bond shared between a father and the child is in its purest form. Dads are known to be protectors, great friends, and providers.
Although Father’s Day has been in existence for many years, somehow, Mother’s Day gets way more attention. But, recent times have shown that the world is acknowledging the tremendous efforts put by fathers and father figures.
Father’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers – Facts Too
Who signed into law a permanent U.S. Father’s Day? Who are the most famous dads in the world? Engage in this trivia to see if you got the answers right and have your Father’s Day facts checked.
Play this Father’s Day trivia to learn interesting things you didn’t know of, and make your dad’s moments memorable!
1. When is Father’s Day celebrated?
2. When do people in Thailand celebrate Father’s Day?
3. Who is the father of singer, Miley Cyrus?
4. When was the first Father’s Day celebrated?
5. What is Father’s Day in Germany often known as?
6. Who is the father of actor, Jayden Smith?
7. Where was the first Father’s Day celebrated?
8. Most people think of Father’s Day as a modern celebration, but it actually dates back to which historical time period?
9. Which Royal family member, is the father to George, Charlotte & Louis?
10. Who founded Father’s Day as a day to celebrate the child and father relationship?
11. Which group of people first celebrated Father’s Day in the Middle Ages?
12. Stephen, Ziggy, and Damian are the sons of which Reggae legend?
13. Name the U.S. president who initiated the celebration of Father’s Day with a presidential proclamation?
14. In the 2006 drama movie “The Pursuit of Happiness”, what does the father, featuring Will Smith, do for a living?
15. BBC sitcom about the British militia called the Home Guard during the Second World War?
16. According to Hallmark, the largest card-sending and selling company, what percent of Father’s Day cards are given to fathers?
17. Whose father was an illiterate father and died before he was born?
18. Who is the father of singer, Enrique Iglesias?
19. According to Hallmark, where do the Father’s Day cards rank in their list of most sold cards?
20. Which Canadian prime minister has a father who also served as prime minister?
21. Which (now deceased) comedian starred in the 1977 film ‘Father’s Day’?
22. What percentage of cards bought on Father’s Day is sent to the husbands, as surveyed by Hallmark, the largest card-sending and selling company?
23. What is the name of Simba’s father in the 1994 animated movie “The Lion King”?
24. In which film does Eddie Murphy star as the ultimate stay-at-home dad?
25. What is the name of Father’s Day in Germany?
26. Harper, Cruz, Rome, and Brooklyn are children of which famous football player?
27. Which father/Daughter duo sang a duet to the song ‘changes’ in 2003?
28. What is the most gifted present that fathers receive on this day?
29. According to the Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei, what is the father of invention?
30. Which singer is the father to North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm?
31. Released in the 1980s, which revolutionary movie tells the story of a stay-at-home dad and is played by the actor Michael Keaton?
32. Mahatma Gandhi is known as the father of which country?
33. Which other word for dad can be used before ‘art’ and ‘up’?
34. An unexpected and lovable storyline where the son explores the life of his dad when he falls ill and a journalist comes to visit them. Name the movie which stars Albert Finney and Billy Crudup?
35. Which U.S. President signed a bill to make Father’s Day become a national holiday?
36. Which company now owns Daddies sauces?
37. The story of two sisters and their strict dad. The movie plot revolves around a stern father and his absurd rule for her daughter’s dates. Name the movie?
38. According to a tradition on Father’s Day in Germany, a group of fathers typically does a hiking tour and pull a wagon filled with what?
39. Which fictional character is dad to Bart, Lisa and Maggie?
40. This beautiful Italian film revolves around a father and son who are in search of their bicycle which was stolen in the city. Name the movie?
41. Father’s Day in Italy is celebrated on the day of which Saint?
42. Which Madonna single sat at the No.1 spot for three weeks in 1986?
43. Name the movie of a comedic story of a father who cross dresses just to meet his kids who are in the custody of his divorced wife?
44. Which country in the European Union became the last nation to celebrate the official Father’s Day 2012?
45. Which Royal family member, is father to William & Harry?
46. Name the superhero X-men film that revolves around the story of a dad and his daughter?
47. Which flower is generally considered to represent Father’s Day?
48. Which Duke, is father to Archie & Lilibet?
49. A movie by Christopher Nolan, which stars Matthew McConaughey who acts as a pilot to agrees to do anything to save his children. Can you name this thrilling movie?
50. Which famous fictional character was created by the English author A. A. Milne as a gift to his son?
51. Which funny man was the lead actor in the 1991 film ‘Father of the Bride’?
52. A Pixar classic movie, the story of a father who swims across the ocean to find his missing son. Can you name the animated movie?
53. Which inventor developed the drinking water fountain in 1912 as a tribute to his father, who died of typhoid fever caused by contaminated water?
54. According to the James Brown song, papas got a brand new, what?
55. This funny and heartwarming movie tells the story of three bachelors who one day find a baby left at their doorstep. Can you name the movie?
56. In spite of his busy schedule, former U.S President Barack Obama vowed to have dinner at home with this family how many nights a week?
57. Who is Angelina Jolie’s father, who is also an actor?
58. When the professional golfer Rory Mcllroy won The Open in 2004, how did his father earn £50,000?
59. Who is Lily and Alfie Allen’s famous father?
60. Name the famous dad whose kids are named children Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz, and Harper?
61. What was Prince Philip doing when his first son was born?
62. Which football manager is Dad to former Liverpool and England midfielder, Jamie?
63. Name the singing father-daughter duo who secured a Billboard number one?
64. Which fictional character in Star Wars said: “No, I am your father”?
65. Wrestler Shirley Crabtree Jr. Was better known by what nickname?
66. In Greek mythology, who is the father of the divine hero Heracles?
67. Which comedian stars as an immature 32 year old that has to care for an abandoned 5 year old in the film ‘Big Daddy’?
68. Name the father of Jennifer Anniston who appeared in the 1985 TV show ‘Days Of Our Lives.’?
69. What is the meaning of “father” in Latin?
70. Who wrote & sang the song “Dance with My Father”?
71. When did the former Canadian Prime Minister and famous father of Justin Trudeau, Pierre Trudeau die?
72. How is the paternity leave that a dad may have when his partner gives birth in the United Kingdom?
73. Who is known as the father of modern medicine?
74. In the Star Trek spin-off, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, what was the name of Captain Sisko’s son?
75. A famous author once wrote to his son: ‘The object of love is the best and most beautiful. Try to live up to it.’ Who was the famous father in question?
76. What is the name of the main patriarch figure in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice?
77. Which creepy TV family had a father called Gomez?
78. Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) not only had two kids, he had to deal with a town of angry folks. What was his job?
79. Which famous fictional father tells his children, Scout and Jem: ‘You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.’?
80. Who had a 1997 hit with the song “Just the Two of Us”, about his relationship with his son?
81. Who was the daughter of Cliff Huxtable (the dad from The Cosby Show)?
82. In the Bhutto family, what country has had both father and daughter as prime minister?
83. In the Bible, whose father was prepared to sacrifice him on an altar?
84. Wally West loved his two kids and wife, and was a superhero by day. What was his superhero name?
85. Both President John Tyler Jr. and his father, John Tyler Sr. served as governor of what state?
86. How many Children does Bob Marley have?
87. How many daughters did Charles Ingalls have in Little House on the Prairie?
88. What did the father of Glenn Close do for a living?
89. How many Children does Mia Farrow have?
90. George Banks was the dad in the musical Mary Poppins. Which one of these songs did the character sing (as the lead vocalist)?
91. Who was the first chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission?
92. Who is the famous father of actor Michael Douglas?
93. Lois Griffin is married to who, in the animated sitcom Family Guy?
94. Before Stanley Holloway got the part of Eliza’s father, Alfred P. Doolittle, in My Fair Lady, who turned down the role?
95. Which country was shaped by its founding fathers?
96. Jack Gladney, the father from the book White Noise, was an expert in what?
97. Once a regular in the Peanut Gallery of TV’s The Howdy Doody Show, what actress’s father, Pat Weaver, was president of NBC?
98. Who originally sang Daddy Cool?
99. Arthur Weasley, father of Ron, belonged to which house, during his time at Hogwart’s?
100. In the 1994 film, The Lion King, who was the voice of Mufasa, Simba’s father?
101. Which film features Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg?
102. Mr Incredible worked briefly as a claims adjuster. What kind of claims do claims adjusters investigate?
103. The father of what famous actress was the first American to be ordained a Tibetan Buddhist monk?
104. Who sang the song “Daddy Could Swear I Declare”?
105. The surrogate father, George, in the movie Erin Brockovich, enjoyed doing what as his pastime?
106. Who did actor Keanu Reeve’s father name him after?
107. What is the Spanish word for father?
108. What’s the name of She-Ra’s father?
109. Who’s Oscar was in the window of his father’s hardware store for 20 years?
110. At which famous sporting venue would you find the ‘Father Time weather vane’?
111. Indiana Jones’ dad was obsessed with finding what?
112. What star of The Bridges of Madison County became a father again at the age of 65?
113. What is another name for Santa Claus?
114. George Francisco, father of two, wasn’t human. Which TV show did he appear in?
115. What was the profession of Sally Bowles’ father?
116. Which British comedy series features three priests living on Craggy Island?
117. Gomez Addams had three kids, one of them was called Wednesday. What was her middle name?
118. Who was the father-in-law of the male star of Grease 2?
119. What is the name of Joe Calzaghe’s father & Trainer?
120. Bill Treacher played which famous father in the British soap opera Eastenders?
121. Who was the father of Cleopatra’s son, Ptolemy XV?
122. Which actor has six children (three adopted, three biological) with Angelina Jolie?
123. Which of the solar systems planets was named after the sky-god who was father of the Titans?
124. Which TV dad was revealed to be deceased and not a lottery winner in the bizarre series finale of his long-running show?
125. Who was the first musician to write down blues music and the first musician to publish it?
126. Craig T. Nelson has played a dad several times including twice in two long-running television shows. Name those shows?
127. The first President of Nigeria has been called the father of modern Nigeria, what is his name?
128. Which TV dad also shares screen time with his fictional mother in law, in a show named after himself?
129. The father of Sioux Indian leader Sitting Bull was know by what name?
130. How many dads can you name from Modern Family?
131. America’s founding fathers kept their wigs white with what kind of powder?
132. At the end of the series, how many men from the main cast of Friends have become Fathers?
133. Danny Tanner of Full House is obsessed with what?