The Simpsons is a cartoon series that has aired since the late 80s. Matt Groening is credited for the creation of this family-centered animated comedy. He chose the characters after his own family members. The purpose of the yellow hue is to make the show stand out while viewers are flipping through TV channels.
The series is a satirical depiction of American life. One time in a speech about family values, President George H. W. Bush said that his administration will try to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons.
The Simpsons Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
The famous “D’oh” word used in the show was written to express an “annoyed grunt”. Years later in 2001, the Oxford Dictionary decided that the word “d’oh” should be added, hence it was entered in the most popular dictionary.
A majority of the shows’ producers have strong educational backgrounds. For instance, David Cohen, has a degree in Physics, while Al Jean studied at Harvard University. No wonder the show is full of witts!
If you’ve watched the Simpsons, here is a trivia to showcase your prowess. Still, if you’ve not yet watched it, take the quiz and learn something beforehand.
1. The Simpsons originally appeared as a short on what TV show?
2. What are Bart Simpson’s catchphrases?
3. Is Simpsons the longest-running primetime comedy series in U.S. television history?
4. When Bart takes an intelligence test, what other student does he swap results with?
5. What is Bart’s full name?
6. Who is Homer’s mother?
7. What’s Lisa’s IQ?
8. Who are the voice actors of Bart Simpson?
9. What is the real name of Comic Book Guy?
10. The song “I Just can’t Help Myself” was released by the Fox network in which year?
11. Bart Simpson has who as his best friend?
12. In which season Elizabeth Taylor was featured as a guest star?
13. Who was Bart Simpson’s best friend named after?
14. What year did the Simpsons movie come out?
15. In the episode “Girly Edition,” what is the one field Bart did not cover on the news program?
16. In which episode does Homer wishes for the sandwich?
17. What tattoo did Bart get on the first Simpsons Christmas episode?
18. When did this animated series start airing?
19. In the episode “The Latest Gun in the West,” who does Bart make his new role model?
20. What does the J stand for in Homer J Simpson?
21. What’s the name of the bar Homer frequently drinks at?
22. In the episode “Tales from the Public Domain,” what famous character role does Bart play?
23. Who is Springfield’s founder?
24. When Bart is targeted for fraud in Australia, what animal does he bring with him?
25. What part of the opening credits is different almost every week?
26. Who is the Simpsons’ next-door neighbor that Bart has a crush on?
27. What’s the name of the Simpsons’ pet dog?
28. Bart decides to jump the Springfield Gorge with what?
29. What’s Homer’s job?
30. In the episode “I am Furious Yellow,” what is the name of Bart’s comic strip?
31. What’s Marge’s maiden name?
32. Bart gathers a posse to go to what town to save Springfield’s lemon tree?
33. Who did Matt Groening voice?
34. In the Halloween episode “The Island of Doctor Hibbert,” Bart becomes what animal?
35. What’s Mr. Burns’ catchphrase?
36. In the episode, “Bart to the Future,” where does he get his future told?
37. What is the name of Ned Flander’s store at the Springfield Mall?
38. What drink did Homer Simpson create?
39. What’s the name of the Simpsons’ friendly neighbor?
40. What Homer’s mistake led to his car ending up in New York City?
41. How old is Lisa Simpson?
42. What is the age of Bart Simpson?
43. What is Homer Simpson called in the Arabic version of the show?
44. Which former “Cheers” star provides the voice for sideshow bob in the “The Simpsons”?
44. Who is the voice actor for Homer Simpson?
45. How did Maude Flanders die?
46. What is Homer’s favorite beer?
47. What astronaut did Homer go to space within the episode, “Deep Space Homer”?
48. What are the annual Halloween episodes known as?
49. In the episode, “Dr. Hibbert’s Island,” what animal is Homer turned into?
50. What was the name of Homer’s barbershop quartet?
51. In the episode “Colonel Homer,” Homer is a manager for what country music singer?
52. What are the names of Marge’s cynical twin sisters?
53. Milhouse Van Houten is one of the few residents of Springfield with which of the following traits? Five fingers, purple hair, or eyebrows?
54. What number is the current Snowball owned by the Simpson family?
55. What was Homer’s job at Mr. Burns’s casino?
56. Which character was mistakenly animated with the wrong color in his/her first appearance on The Simpsons?
57. In the episode, “Simpson Safari,” Homer eats a cracker from what year?
58. Who are the only characters on The Simpsons with five fingers on each hand?
59. In the episode, “Homer Vs. Dignity,” how many times does Homer hit Lenny in the eye with pudding?
60. What was Homer called in the Arabic version of The Simpsons?
61. In the episode, “Worst Episode Ever,” how much does Homer bet that he can eat a whole box of old baking soda?
62. What board game do the Simpsons play in “Bart the Genius”?
63. Homer performs as a clown at which character’s birthday party?
64. Which U.S. President referenced The Simpsons in a speech at the Republican National Convention?
65. Marge attends her high school’s senior prom with who?
66. Who was Bart’s best friend named after?
67. What episode depicts when Marge and Homer fell in love?
68. What jazz musician does Lisa meet on the streets of Springtown?
69. What color is Marge’s natural hair color?
70. What was the name of the first full-length episode shown?
71. In “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire”, what does Bart want for Christmas?
72. Besides English, what language is Marge fluent in?
73. What jobs have Marge had?
74. Which member of the Simpsons family is a Buddhist?
75. In the episode, “Marge In Chains,” what does Marge accidentally steal from the Kwik-E-Mart?
76. Name Mr. Burns’ teddy bear?
77. Marge had a crush on which member of The Beatles?
78. What is the nickname given to Principal Skinner by his mother?
79. Who is Marge’s favorite singer?
80. What’ insect’ character stars on the TV Channel Ocho?
81. Which fraternity is Smithers a member of?
82. Who composed “The Simpsons Main Title Theme” of The Simpsons animated television series?
83. What is the very first thing featured in The Simpson’s main title theme?
84. What line of dolls does Smithers collect?
85. Bart writes what on the chalkboard during the introduction?
86. In “The War of the Simpsons” episode, where do Homer and Marge go to buy things for their dinner party?
87. What is the pseudonym Homer used when he became a donor for conception?
88. What character went missing after the first episode of The Simpsons?
89. Who was Homer’s secretary when he got promoted?
90. Who blocks Milhouse Van Houten from calling them?
91. In “Bart the Murderer,” what was Bart’s job that parodies the life of Henry Hill from Goodfellas?
92. Milhouse Van Houten has an uncle named what?
93. Besides English, what language is Milhouse Van Houten fluent in?
94. What caused Homer to utter “Mmmm…incapacitating”?
95. What sector of the Springfield nuclear power plant does Homer Simpson work in?
96. In ‘The Joy of Sect,’ what was the name of the evil cult that many Springfield residents joined?
97. How many fingers (including thumb) do characters on “The Simpsons” have per hand?
98. Which character often says “HaHa!”?
99. What was Maggie’s first word?
100. What is the name of the superintendent of the schools in the area?
101. Milhouse had a girlfriend named Samantha Stanky. What did he buy her from Circus of Values?
102. What did Lisa want to see at the museum when their school had a pupil-free day (and tried to ask Homer if she could take a limousine or a bus there)?
103. Which Prime Minister welcomed the Simpsons to England?
104. Who claims to have footage of Homer with his pants on fire?
105. What is the Simpsons’ telephone number, as stated by Homer in the commercial for his Mr Plow business?
106. We start with “Itchy, Scratchy & Marge”. In this episode Marge protests against the violence in the cartoon, “Itchy and Scratchy”. What is the name of her organization that boycotts the famous cartoon?
107. In “Lisa’s Sax”, what does Homer sacrifice to buy Lisa her saxophone?
108. In “Last Exit to Springfield”, Homer becomes the spokesman for the striking Union. Mr. Burns tries to break the spirit of the strikers, but he despite his best efforts, including turning off the power, he is unable to break the strike. In fact, through the darkness, he hears them singing. In Mr. Burn’s song of lament, which of the following items does Mr. Burns NOT mention that the strikers are singing without?
109. In which episode did ‘Red Hot Chili Peppers’ make a guest appearance?
110. When the octuplets became too much for Apu and Manjula to handle, where did they put the kids?
111. What is the Simpson’s home address?
112. What is the sea captain’s name?
113. In “22 Short Films About Springfield”, who was unable to tell his story because the episode came to an end?
114. What is the name of the woman Homer married in Las Vegas?
115. Homer invented a drink that is a mixture of vodka and wheatgrass. What did he call it?
116. The episode where Mr. Burns captures the Loch Ness Monster is based around Burns wanting to be loved, the way the town admired the world’s most popular billionaire. What was his name?
117. What is the name of Ned Flanders’ home business?
118. Who did Krusty steal his “crank call” bit from?
119. What professional baseball player takes over Homer’s spot on the company baseball team?
120. During the episode where Apu pretends to be married to Marge so as to not be forced into an arranged marriage, Homer poses as an elder at the retirement home. What is this man’s first name?
121. The creepy Santa doll that homosexual John has in his car is from Japan. Except, in Japan, they call him what?
122. When Moe has plastic surgery to alter his face, he gets the lead role on a soap opera playing Dr. Tad Winslow. What is the name of the soap opera?
123. It is revealed in “22 Short Films About Springfield” that Superintendent Chalmers is from where in New York state?
124. Which start provides the voice of Maggie’s first word?
125. What job at Springfield Elementary does Lunchlady Doris double as?
126. In ‘Summer of Four Ft. Two’ what did Lisa’s new friends decorate the Simpsonmobile with?
127. When Homer joins the stonecutters, what does he use the sacred parchment as which makes him carry the rock of shame?
128. When Homer skips church and makes his patented moon waffles, what does he wrap the waffles around and eat?
129. When Bart breaks his leg, what does Milhouse sign on his cast?
130. What is the cover of Simpson’s iconic sofa?
131. Homer wins a motorbike at a restaurant with what theme?
132. Which former president’s wife once said “The Simpson is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen” ?
133. When Snake is executed, who does he claim revenge on?
134. When Apu becomes a member of the Be-Sharps, what is his new appointed surname?
135. What small creature tells Ralph to burn things?
136. When Alex Whitney (Lisa Kudrow) comes to Springfield Elementary, what industry are Bart and Homer aspiring in?
137. What invention did Homer accidentally copy off Edison?
138. When Homer mistakenly lands into a celebrity’s home, he promises to keep their secret of living in Springfield, so long as they keep his. What is this secret?
139. When Homer becomes Sanitation Commissioner, what is his slogan?
140. What is the audition line for the role of “Fallout Boy”?
141. What is the name of Homer’s bowling team?
142. What was the name of Marge’s therapist?
143. What famous singer did Barney get for his “Plow King” commercial?
144. What club did both Homer and D’Arcy (of the Smashing Pumpkins) belong to in high school?
145. Back in 1947, Grampa Simpson gave Chester J. Lampwick a plate of corn muffins to do what?
146. At the Itchy and Scratchy Land Restaurant, ‘Baby Guts’ represent what?
147. How much do 100 tacos cost down at the Tacomat, according to Bart?
148. What does Moe refer to a ‘garage’ as?
149. How much older is Bart than Lisa?
150. Abe will be deep in the cold, cold ground before he recognizes what state?
151. What are Power Sauce bars made out of?
152. In the Y2K segment of the Halloween special, what brand of razor did Homer loot for Marge?