The Godfather is a classic movie set in the 70s. If you’ve enjoyed the adrenaline rush that comes with watching organized crime films, be it Money Heist or Breaking Bad, then this one, in particular, will blow your mind.
Would you believe that one of the most remarkable scenes was shot by mistake? Well, Lenny Montana, who played Luca Brasi, was so nervous to act alongside Marlon Brando that he stuttered and looked visibly nervous in his scene. This scene became iconic for its depiction of the humanization of a merciless killer.
The Godfather Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Marlon Brando went into history as the second person to decline the Academy Award for Best Actor. He explained that he couldn’t receive the award because of the unfair treatment of American Indians by the film industry.
Did you know that the most complicated scene for special effects was the death of Sonny Corleone? The suit James Caan had on was rigged with 127 pouches of fake blood that exploded during the shoot.
This trivia will test the knowledge of astute viewers while serving as the perfect spoilers for those who are yet to watch it.
1. Where was Sonny Corleone gunned down?
2. In order of appearance, what are the professions of the first three men that Don Corleone meets with during his daughter’s wedding reception?
3. In the first encounter between the young Peter Clemenza and the future Godfather Vito Corleone, Clemenza asked a favor of Vito. What was it?
4. What was Connie’s husband’s name?
5. “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” Who’s words are these?
6. What did Mo Greene say to Michael upon hearing that the Corleones wanted to buy his Vegas hotel and casino?
7. When Paulie sees Connie collecting gifts for the bridal purse, he estimates aloud how much money is in it. Which of the following amounts would fall into the range of his estimate?
8. Who was with the Godfather in the garden when he collapsed and died?
9. Vito Corleone’s natural children’s names are?
10. What was the name of Michael’s Sicilian wife, who was killed while he was in hiding?
11. What is the name of the protagonist crime family in the movie?
12. Which of Vito Corleone’s sons is ambushed and killed at a toll booth?
13. At Don Corleone’s daughter’s wedding, what did Luca Brasi tell Don Corleone that he hoped his daughter’s first child would be?
14. What was the name of the baker that made Connie and Carlo’s wedding cake?
15. Who reads his get-well card aloud to Vito when he returns from the hospital?
16. Who accompanied Michael and Sollozzo on their meeting to attempt to reconcile differences and negotiate a settlement?
17. How many times was Vito shot by the Turk’s men?
18. In “Part I”, who whacks Paulie Gatto?
19. Who was the older brother of Vito Andolini (later Vito Corleone), who was killed when Vito was a child?
20. What is the name of the baker that comes to the hospital to see Don Corleone?
21. What gift did Clemenza acquire for Vito, in return for a favor?
22. Where does the Corleone family live in Godfather II?
23. During Connie’s wedding, the feds show up to take down the license plates of the cars in the driveway. When Sonny objects, the agent shows him an ID. Sonny reacts how?
24. Which Corleone son witnesses the attempted murder of his father?
25. The young adult character of Vito Corleone was portrayed by Robert DeNiro. His good friend and partner-in-crime, Clemenza, was played by whom?
26. What did young Clemenza encourage young Michael to help him steal?
27. Tom Hagen, Don Corleone’s lawyer and adopted son, tells him that Luca Brasi wants to see him. The Don asks if this is necessary. What is Tom’s explanation for Luca’s request to see him?
28. Before Michael takes over as “Don” of the family, what is Don Corleone’s first name?
29. What character was also known as “The Black Hand” in the old neighborhood?
30. Vito meets with Virgil Sollozzo, who requests Vito’s help in getting his narcotics operation off the ground. He asks for a million dollars in cash, legal protection and political influence. What percentage of his revenue does he offer Vito in return?
31. Where did Fredo meet his untimely end?
32. Who is the only non-Sicilian in the Corleone family?
33. During the scene where Carlo attacks Connie, where does he finally corner her?
34. When Vito Corleone arrived in America as a young boy, why was he quarantined?
35. When Michael and Kay were Christmas shopping, what did Kay answer when Michael asked her what she wanted for the holiday?
36. Mobsters are often given unflattering nicknames. By what name did Peter Clemenza come to be known?
37. Who did Michael address with the quote, “I know it was you…you broke my heart.”?
38. What does Mike drop whilst running to the phone box after his dad has been shot?
39. Who is known as the Turk?
40. Where was Michael when assassins attempted to gun him down?
41. What room number was Vito Corleone in at the hospital?
42. Sonny orders the murder of his father’s chauffeur, who was sick the day of the assassination attempt. What’s the chauffeur’s name?
43. Lee Strassberg, sometimes called the “father of method acting,” portrayed which character in The Godfather II?
44. Connie Corleone is played by Talia Shire. The Shire is the real-life sister of whom?
45. “And a man in my position can’t afford to be made to look ridiculous.” Who said these words?
46. The Corleone family got its name from what?
47. When Sollozzo kidnaps Tom outside the store where Tom has just bought some Christmas gifts, what Christmas song can be heard playing in the background?
48. In “Part I”, what is the name of the Sicilian who set up Michael with a car bomb in Italy?
49. At the beginning of the movie, which Corleone sibling is getting married?
50. The movie-going public first met Peter Clemenza in the wedding scene near the beginning of “The Godfather”. What was Clemenza doing at the time he was first seen on screen?
51. What food were Tom, Michael, Tessio, Clemenza, Rocco, and Sonny eating while awaiting word of which restaurant Michael had to meet Sollozzo and McCluskey?
52. What business is Don Corleone in?
53. Who is Paulie with when he dies?
54. After Connie is beaten up by her husband, Sonny returns the favor by giving Carlo a beating of his own. During this scene, Sonny does which of these things.
55. What was in the package that said that Luca was dead?
56. How much money did the bandleader receive to release Johnny Fontaine from his contract?
57. Who did not expect to be invited to Connie’s wedding?
58. Before the famous restaurant scene, Michael is picked up in front of where?
59. One morning, Clemenza’s soldier, Paulie, picked him up at his suburban home. What did Mrs. Clemenza remind her husband to bring home?
60. The Don meets with Johnny Fontaine, a singer and actor, who wants a part in a war movie. The studio head, Woltz, won’t give him the part. While explaining his problems to Don Corleone, Johnnny starts getting upset. At some point the Don says, “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” When does this occur?
61. How is Tom Hagen related to the Family?
62. “The Godfather, Part 2” opens with which event?
63. “Never let anyone outside the family know what you’re thinking.”
64. What color coat is Kay wearing when Michael shuts the door on her face?
65. In “Part II”, who in the Corleone Family gets hit by a car in the attempted hit on Frank Pentangeli?
66. As Kay and Michael exit the movies, she asks Michael if he would like her better is she was which movie star?
67. One of Paulie’s regular duties was as a driver and bodyguard for Don Vito Corleone. Paulie had called in sick the day the Don was shot and Sonny Corleone convinced that Paulie had sold out his father, ordered him killed. What was Clemenza doing when his soldier Paulie was executed?
68. What color in the movie almost always signifies death?
69. What is the specialty of the Corleone Family?
70. In the famous restaurant scene, Michael couldn’t speak a particular word in Italian (towards Sollozzo). What is that word in English?
71. To avenge the assassination attempt on Vito Corleone, Michael kills two men in a restaurant. One is Sollozzo, a would-be drug trafficker. What was unusual about the other man killed?
72. In what borough of New York did Michael kill the Turk?
73. What is Kay eating at Connie’s wedding?
74. What is Tom Hagen’s heritage?
75. In “Part II”, which of these is true about both of the attempts on Hyman Roth’s life?
76. What does McCluskey order for dinner before he is gunned down?
77. While a number of the Corleone family soldiers were holed up together in anticipation of a bloody mob war with the Tatagglias, Clemenza gave Michael Corleone a domestic lesson. What did he show Michael how to do?
78. Who is Johnny Fontaine’s character rumored to be based on?
79. What does Michael Corleone’s bodyguard use to kill Johnny Ola?
80. When Sollozzo calls Sonny at his house to tell him that Tom would be coming with an offer, Sonny picks up a pencil and writes something on the kitchen cabinet. What does he write?
81. When in Havana, Fredo wants to order a banana daiquiri. How does Michael tell him it’s pronounced in Spanish?
82. What does Vito have in his mouth just before he dies?
83. What is the name of the singer who sings “I Have but One Heart”?
84. What was Paulie’s, Clemenza’s chaffeur and bodyguard, last name?
85. Where did Santino find Tom Hagen when they were children?
86. Who played Police Captain McClusky, the man that punches Mike in the film?
87. In an attempt to save his father’s life, Michael Corleone said he would assassinate drug dealer Virgil Sollozzo and his bodyguard, police Captain McCluskey. Clemenza was assigned the task of getting a weapon to Michael. How did he accomplish this?
88. In what newspaper did Michael read the headline that his father was shot?
89. Michael gives Appolonia an engagement gift at her father’s house. What was it?
90. What did Michael Corleone say to his brother Fredo at the New Year’s party?
91. Which of these is not a way someone dies in “Part III”?
92. How much money does Sollozzo offer Luca Brasi to work for him?
93. In a climactic sequence, Michael Corleone had all of his enemies killed. Clemenza was assigned to execute one of the heads of the other New York families. Where did he do his dirty work?
94. Why won’t Woltz give Johnny the part in the war film?
95. What did Vito’s mom tell Don Ciccio?
96. “Oh, Paulie? Won’t see him no more.”
97. Finish this quote from Michael: “Fredo, you’re my older brother and I love you. But don’t ever take sides with anyone against the _______ again. Ever.”
98. When Clemenza is showing Michael how to make spaghetti sauce for a large group, which of these is not an ingredient he tells him to use?
99. Fredo tells his nephew a story about going fishing with his father and brothers. According to Fredo, only he caught a fish. What was his secret to catching fish?
100. What game were the FBI agents preparing to play when Pentangali slit his wrists?
101. What is the name of Jack Woltz’s horse?
102. The loyal Clemenza’s last act of violence in “The Godfather” was the execution of Carlo, Michael Corleone’s brother-in-law and the father of Michael’s recently baptized godson. How did Carlo die?
103. What Don did Willi Cicci murder during the baptism scene?
104. How old is Vito when he emigrates to the U.S.?
105. In one of the most famous “Godfather” scenes, a movie producer wakes up to find something horrible in his bed. What does he find?
106. Connie and Carlo ask Michael to be the Godfather to their son. What name was the son christened?
107. Who wanted to branch off of the Corleone family and start their own family?
108. What does Michael’s wife in Italy want him to teach her?
109. How long is Michael back in America from Corleone before he gets in contact with Kay?
110. Sollozzo, “The Turk”, is supposed to be good with what weapon?
111. What does Hyman Roth want before anyone cuts into his birthday cake?
112. “How’s the Italian food in this restaurant?”
113. Why does Connie come to see Michael at Anthony’s first communion reception?
114. When Sollozzo and McClusky pick Michael up for their meeting, the car’s driver makes a daring U-Turn on the Bridge in order to throw off any tails. What was the driver’s name?
115. The Godfather movies are based on a novel by what author?
116. What is the name of Michael’s American girlfriend?
117. What actor won an Academy Award for his performance in The Godfather?
118. Who played Kay, Michael’s girlfriend, in the film?
119. In The Godfather, Part II, what country is Michael Corleone considering expanding his gambling operations into?
120. Right before Michael shoots McCluskey and Solazzo, a very distinct sound is heard. What was it?
121. When Sonny comes to see Connie and finds that Carlo has beaten her, he goes looking for him to exact revenge. Carlo, who operates a bookie operation, is sitting on a porch stoop and discussing his clientele with one of his men. One of their clients has been winning too much money by betting on baseball, as we hear in their discussion, and Carlo tells his men to stop taking his action. What team did this client bet heavily?
122. Why does Michael go to Italy?
123. How does Apollonia show Michael she knows how to speak English?
124. Who plays Hyman Roth in “The Godfather: Part II”?
125. Where was Vito Corleone when he died?
126. In “The Godfather”, what favor did Vito grant Nazorine the Baker during the wedding?
127. How much money does the Turk need to get started with Don Corleone in the narcotics business?
128. What is the name of the actor who portrays Vincent in “The Godfather: Part III”?
129. What does Don Corleone have on his lap in the opening scene of the film?
130. In “The Godfather”, how did Don Tommasino become wheelchair-bound?
131. ‘Can you get me off the hook, Tom, for old time’s sake.’ Who said this?
132. When Michael goes to see his father in the hospital, what is lying on the desk at the nurses’ station?
133. Who directed “The Godfather” movies?
134. The last scene of the film shows Michael accepting kisses on his hand, obviously accepting his position as the new Don. Of the people in the room with him, which one calls him “Don Corleone”, for the last line of the movie?
135. After the meeting of the five families, Vito Corleone calls Phillip Tattaglia a ____________ ?
136. Who betrays Sonny to Barzini?
137. Who kills Barzini?
138. What is the second line of the movie?
139. Tessio describes the old-fashion toilet at the restaurant as “you know the box and” what?
140. How many shots does Michael fire in the restaurant?
141. What color is Apollonia’s dress when Michael first lays eyes on her?
142. According to Tom, what did Police Captain Mark McCluskey agree to do for Sollozzo?
143. After dancing, what does Clemenza have Paulie get him?
144. How many shots hit Vito in his assassination attempt?
145. The Godfather is considered to be a series in this genre of films:
146. The Godfather is about this Italian-American family’s saga:
147. What is the specific type of crime narrated throughout The Godfather film and novel series?
148. The first Godfather film introduces Vito’s son, who has just returned from serving in the Marine Corps. What is this son’s name?
149. What is the name of the only daughter of Don Vito Corleone?
150. Michael fell in love with a native Sicilian while in hiding. What happened to this girl?
151. Sonny Corleone beat up his brother-in-law Carlo for doing this to his sister Connie:
152. Which Corleone son was ambushed while passing through a highway toll booth?
153. Which son eventually took over as the head of the Corleone crime family?
154. The Godfather Part II had a flashback containing the history of which member of the Corleone family?
155. What is the original surname of Vito Corleone prior to being shipped to America?
156. Why did Vito leave Sicily at such a young age?
157. Who portrayed Vito Corleone as a young man making his early rounds of crime in New York City?
158. The young Vito ends up killing this local gangster/extortionist boss in their New York neighborhood when he was still honing his crime-committing skills.
159. The young Vito returned to Sicily, using his olive oil business as a front to do this deed:
160. In his dealings as the new don, Michael first gets ambushed in this state.
161. In the second Godfather film, this kind of government hearing was publicly held to investigate organized crime.
162. Kay confessed to Michael that she didn’t originally lose a child from miscarriage, but from?
163. In The Godfather, Part III, Michael’s son Anthony wanted to pursue which career?
164. Who played Mary Corleone, earning the film director some early criticism for the casting?
165. The famous musical score for The Godfather films was created by this great cinematic composer: