To most people, Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate deep love and affection that binds people together. Others prefer to switch off their phones and wait for the day to pass or watch the premier league games, while some single chaps anticipate a love proposal on the night of Valentine’s Day.
Let’s not forget the business-minded fellows who choose to hike flower prices or have a sale on gift items, so as to bag loads of monies in return. Commercializing romance has been on the high, but let’s be real here, it’s a good excuse to receive chocolates and warm fuzzies.
Valentine’s Day Would You Rather Questions
Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
So whether you choose to go out for some delicious dinner with your soulmate or prefer to stay indoors listening to Beyoncé’s “All the Single Ladies” song or watch your favorite movie, we are certain there are things about Valentine’s Day that you don’t know about.
For instance, what is the origin of Valentine’s Day, and why do we celebrate it on the 14th? To find out the answers and many more facts, you will need to go through this list of Valentine’s Day trivia questions and answers to see how many of them you can crack.
Here, take a look!
1. What Activity Increases A Person’s Pulse To At Least 110 Bpm?
2. Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
3. Before “X” stood for a kiss, what did it represent at the end of a letter?
4. In What Year Did Hallmark Launch Its First Valentine’s Day Product?
5. Which was Shakespeare’s most romantic play?
6. Cupid has what name in Greek mythology?
7. Who Is The Symbol Of Valentines?
8. What kind of flowers are traditionally given to symbolize love?
9. In Roman mythology, Cupid is the son of whom?
10. Who Is The Mother Of The American Valentine?
11. What other gift sometimes accompanies a bouquet of red roses?
12. In Roman mythology, with whom does Cupid fall in love?
13. The O In XOXOXOX Means What?
14. What was first created by Pope Gelasius in 500 AD, then deleted from the Roman Calendar of Saints by Pope Paul Vl in 1969?
15. What Valentine’s Day candy was first created on equipment made for lozenges?
16. Favorite Color Featured On Valentine’s Day?
17. “Valentine” was the name given to which kind of early Christian?
18. What Day Is Valentine’s Day Held On?
19. According to the Legenda Aurea, or The Golden Legend, a fictional work written by Jacobus de Voragine around 1260 AD, who wrote the very first Valentine’s message on the eve of his execution?
20. When did Sweethearts first get their shape?
21. What Do You Need To Kiss To Turn It Into A Prince?
22. Who did the fictional St Valentine send his message to?
23. “Wearing your heart on your sleeve” has origins from honoring which Roman goddess?
24. Who “Kissed The Girls And Made Them Cry”?
25. What had St Valentine allegedly done for his jailer’s daughter?
26. Another Victorian-era term for a mean and comically mocking Valentine’s Day card shares a name with what TV show?
27. What Is The Record-Breaking Kissing Event Called That Happened In The Philippines?
28. What was this fictional St Valentine being executed for?
29. What Type Of Movie Is The 2001 Film “Valentine”?
30. As well as being the unofficial patron saint of love, what occupation is St Valentine also believed to be the patron of?
31. Who wrote the oldest-known Valentine’s Day message?
32. What Website Was Born On Valentine’s Day?
33. Which Roman god was either depicted as a plump cherub with a bow and arrow, or as a handsome teenager?
34. From where was the oldest-known Valentine’s Day message sent?
35. How Many U.S. Towns Are Named Valentine?
36. A poem called The Parliament of Fowls, which describes a man’s dream of Cupid preparing his arrows in the Temple of Venus, is usually held to be the first cultural link between St Valentine and romance. Who wrote the poem?
37. When was the oldest-known Valentine’s Day message written?
38. Which Candy Company Is Known As The Producer Of “Conversation Hearts”?
39. In Japan, what do women give men on Valentine’s Day?
40. In Which Of Shakespeare’s Plays Does He Refer To Valentine’s Day?
41. If you’re quick to show your feelings, where do you wear your heart?
42. What Is A Global Movement Established To End Violence Against Women And Girls?
43. Which Shakespeare play features Valentine and Proteus?
44. Sweethearts production was temporarily suspended in which year?
45. On Valentine’s Day 2000, What Company Funded An Impotence Awareness Day In Britain?
46. Who led the Chicago gangsters behind the St Valentine’s Day Massacre in 1929?
47. During The Victorian Era, What Were Sent To Suitors They Don’t Like?
48. Who played the title role in the film Shirley Valentine?
49. About how many roses are sent for Valentine’s Day each year?
50. In What Country Is Valentine’s Day An Official Public Holiday?
51. Which singer had a Top Ten hit, in 1961, with Cupid?
52. Valentine’s Day celebrations may be traced back to what Roman holiday traditionally celebrated on February 15?
53. In Victorian Times, It Was Considered Bad Luck To Sign What?
54. Cupid Is Sometimes Described As Being What?
55. Which Scottish poet wrote A Red, Red Rose?
56. Who invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box?
57. What Color Of The Roses Symbolize Purity, Innocence, And Humility?
58. How many cards are gifted or sent on Valentine’s Day each year in the US?
59. On average, how many marriage proposals are there on every Valentine’s Day?
60. What Hormone Is Known As The “Cuddle” Or “Love” Hormone?
61. What percentage of flowers bought on Valentine’s Day are red?
62. Which Monument Was Given As The Ultimate Gift Of Love?
63. How many states in the USA have cities named Valentine?
64. Which country grows the majority of the roses that are sold in the USA on Valentine’s Day?
65. This February Holiday Was Originally Observed On February 14th?
66. Valentine’s Day comes almost two months after which popular event on which cards are also sent?
67. A single red rose surrounded by baby’s breath is called what by florists?
68. What Fruit Is Also Known As The “Love Apple”?
69. What percentage of people who buy flowers as gift on 14 February are women?
70. Letters to Juliet are sent to what city every year?
71. Wearing A Wedding Ring On The Fourth Finger Of The Left-Hand Dates Back To What Time?
72. When was Valentine’s Day originally celebration in Ancient Rome?
73. What do yellow roses symbolize?
74. What Computer Virus Detected In Hong Kong On May 1, 2000?
75. Who receives the most Valentine’s Day cards?
76. Good Charlotte‘s “My Bloody Valentine” was inspired by what story?
77. Where Was The Oldest Surviving Love Poem Written On?
78. How many heart-shaped boxes of chocolates are typically sold each Valentine’s Day?
79. Every Year, February Ends On The Same Day Of The Week As What Month?
80. When were ribbons first used symbolically?
81. Saint Valentine was said to be martyred in what year?
82. The Farmers Almanac Says “If A Woman Sees A Robin On Valentines Day She Will Marry What?”
83. Which US State Actually Produces The Most Chocolate?
84. The Goddess of love, Venus, is believed to have been born from what?
85. In what country is Valentine’s Day known as “Friend’s Day?”
86. When Did Fleming Introduce Penicillin?
87. When was the first Valentine’s Day candy box invented?
88. What Are The Booklets Written By Peter Quizumall That Helped Those Who Couldn’t Think Up Their Own Valentine Verses?
89. From which Latin word is the name Valentine derived?
90. Besides Valentine’s Day, for which holiday are the most flowers sent?
91. Which decorative item used on Valentine’s Day means “to snare or net”?
92. How many people typically buy Valentines for their pets?
93. Name The Actress Who Was Nominated For SIX Academy Awards And Was Born On Valentines Day?
94. How much does an average man spend on Valentine’s Day?
95. Who Invented Speed Dating?
96. Which US state produces the most roses?
97. Why did women and girls eat bizarre foods on Valentine’s Day in medieval times?
98. Where are wooden love spoons carved and given as gifts on Valentine’s Day?
99. The gentlemen of Jersey Shorerefer to a great catch as what?
100. St. Valentine Was Put To Death At The Order Of Which Roman Emperor?
101. When was it first considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card?
102. Who Wrote The Letter Believed To Be The Oldest Valentine In Existence?
103. Where can you find the oldest Valentine’s Day card on display?
104. Women purchase what percentage of all Valentines sold?
105. Which U.S. President Lost Both His Wife And Mother On Valentine’s Day?
106. By what century did it become normal for friends and lovers to exchange handwritten notes on Valentine’s Day?
107. What major invention was patented on Valentine’s Day?
108. ‘Love Shack’ is a 1989 single by which group?
109. On what day in Japan dp men who received chocolates on Valentine’s Day buy them for women in return?
110. What percentage of coupled up men don’t make plans in advance for Valentine’s Day?
111. Who played main character Violet in the 1998 film Shakespeare in Love?
112. Which village in England is famed for the production of Cadbury chocolate?
113. Julia Roberts joined the cast of Valentine’s Day to replace which other star?
114. What’s the name of the male love interest in the Jane Austen book Pride and Prejudice?
115. The first recorded speed dating event was held in what year?
116. How do you say ‘I love you’ in German?
117. What country has a holiday on the 14th of every month?
118. In the Simpsons episode, ‘I Love Lisa’, who does Lisa give a Valentine’s Day card to that says ‘I choo choose you?
119. What is the Guinness World Record for the longest marriage ever recorded?
120. Complete the rest of the sentence from this Robert Burns love poem: ‘My love is like a red, red rose…’?
121. Those born on Valentine’s Day fall under which star sign?
122. What continent produces the most roses sold in the U.S. on Valentine’s Day?
123. In the Friends episode The One with the Candy Hearts, who does Joey accidentally set Chandler up with on Valentine’s Day?
124. Which British celebrity was on Blind Date with Cilla Black before she was famous?
125. Which gender buys more Valentine’s cards; men or women?
126. Be my valentine” is a phrase that people say to whom?
127. What is the 2nd name of Valentine’s Day?
128. According to legendary, what happens when Cupid shoots a person with the golden arrow?
129. What do white flowers represent?
130. On which date the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates Valentine’s Day?
131. Which love song spent 15 weeks at the top of the UK charts, making it the best-selling love song of all time?
132. Which is the famous card company that also makes billions of cards for Valentine’s Day each year?
133. Where is the Shrine of St. Valentine in Whitefriar Street Carmelite Church?
135. Why did Claudius order his soldiers not to get married?
136. The feast day of Saint Valentine is also given in which calendar?
137. Which is the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time?
138. In medieval which organ was believed to cause love?
139. When did the description of February 14 as an annual celebration of love appear?
140. What did couples once put to the Pont des Arts bridge in Paris to show their love?
141. In 2002 and 2008, which country’s religious police banned the sale of all Valentine’s Day items?
142. Valentine’s day is the second-largest event on which cards are exchanged. Which event is the first one?
143. How did St Valentine propose jailer’s daughter?
144. Among whom Valentine’s Day is the most popular day for weddings?
145. Why did Venus ask Cupid to make Psyche fall in love with a horrible man?
146. Saint Valentine is the patron saint for a large part of which population?
147. What is the meaning of word Valentine?
148. What do the Chinese call Valentine’s Day?
149. What is the name of Cupid’s father?
150. In which country, is Valentine’s Day known as “San Valentín”?
151. What was the jailer’s daughter’s name?
152. Who is the director of the movie “Valentine’s Day”?
153. In the 18th century what did the sailors’ give their partners on Valentine’s Day?
154. In which year was the American romantic comedy-drama film Valentine Day released?
155. Which thing is associated with Valentine’s Day as it is considered the source of all human emotions?
156. Who is the author of the poem “The Parliament of Fowls”?
157. What was the day of Valentine’s Day in the year 2019?
158. Which famous actress was born on Valentine’s Day?
159. Which date is fixed for Chocolate Day in the Valentine’s Day list?
160. In Guatemala Valentine’s day is known as the ‘Día del Cariño’ what does this phrase mean?
161. What is the fifth day mentioned in the Valentine’s Day list which is all about convincing your loved ones that you will have a lasting relationship?
162. In which two countries February 14 is known as Valentinsdag?
163. Which dates are listed as Anti-Valentine Week?
164. How much UK people spend on valentine’s gifs each year?
165. “Vinegar Valentines” was rude cards made to be sent anonymously to people you?
166. Name the album that includes the song “ my valentine” in it?
167. When did U.S.S.R. and China sign a peace treaty?
168. Who is the writer of “My Funny Valentine”?
169. How many calories does a person burn while kisses for one minute?
170. Which was celebrated on Valentine’s Day according to mythology?
171. What is the name of the singer of the song “ My funny valentine”?
172. If a girl sees a goldfinch on Valentine’s Day what does it means?
173. What does the poem “The Parliament of Fowls” represents?