You are most likely to feel a certain kind of dread on your first date. You may be worried if you will like each other or even be a good match. No doubt, overthinking about your first date can leave you anxious and make you appear too guarded.
Using ice breaker questions will come in handy when interacting with someone you’ve not met before. Get the conversation started, keep it flowing, and give your date things to remember by coming prepared with the right questions to ask.
Get to Know You Questions for Dating
300 Never Have I Ever for Couples
Truth or Dare Questions for Couples
Ice Breaker Questions for Dating – 2022 – 2023
You can ask about their interests and pass time activities. For instance, you would like to know if your potential partner knows about sports just like you. Learn what activities they’d settle for, be it a visit to the museum or attending a concert. This will give you hints about what to do together in the future.
Besides learning what they like, also ask what they don’t like. You want to be in their good books. You’ll be surprised at how these questions will lead to more information about each other.
Here is a list of the best icebreaker questions for dating.
1. Describe something you’ve done that you’re really proud of. What is your greatest accomplishment?
2. Have you ever had a celebrity encounter?
3. Describe a time when you experienced something that was almost too good to be true.
4. Do you like to travel? If so, what’s the most beuatiful place you’ve been?
5. Did you ever have a celebrity encounter? Describe what happened.
6. You have to give an educational or inspirational TED talk five minutes from now. What topic would it be on?
7. What was the best place you went for vacation?
8. Where is the one place you’ve never been that you’d like to go?
9. What are your pet peeves?
10. What aspect of yourself are you currently trying to improve?
11. Are you an animal person? Do you have any pets? What’s your stance on zoos?
12. What is the funnest thing you’ve done in the last week? Month? Year?
13. Are you a foodie, or do hot pockets and ramen noodles suit you just fine?
14. What is the dumbest thing you’ve done in the last week? Month? Year?
15. What do you do for exercise?
16. Are you a city person or a country person?
17. How is your relationship with your siblings?
18. Describe your ideal dream home. Art Deco? Midcentury Modern? Craftsman? Spanish Style? Mediterranean?
19. Can you cook? Do you enjoy it?
20. What is the best movie you’ve seen recently?
21. Do you drink alcohol? If so, are you more of a beer, wine, or hard liquor person? Follow-up question: When did you start drinking?
22. What was the best concert you’ve been to?
23. Are you pro- or anti-holiday? What are your thoughts on Halloween?
24. What is your favorite city and why?
25. Which is cleaner: your car or your bedroom?
26. Do you like to cook? What is the best dish that you can make?
27. What do people compliment you on most frequently?
28. Describe the worst date you’ve been on.
29. Do you have a hero? Who is it, and why do you admire them?
30. Describe the best date you’ve been on.
31. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
32. Name one food you would absolutely never try even if someone offered you a hundred bucks to taste it.
33. Are there websites you check out daily? If so, which ones?
34. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
35. Are you a fan of surprises?
36. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve done on a date?
37. How did you meet your best friend? Why do you get along so well with them?
38. Do personal or professional achievements matter most to you at this point in your life? And no, you can’t say both!
39. Do you have an alter ego? When does it show up?
40. If you had to live in a different country, where would you live?
41. Would you continue working if you won $10 million in the lottery?
42. What is the first vacation you remember?
43. Do you like roller coasters, bungee jumping, or skydiving?
44. What’s the pillow situation like at your house? Are you a fan?
45. Coffee, Tea, or neither?
46. What were you like as a kid? Well-behaved? Class clown? Jock?
47. What sports did you do in junior high or high school?
48. What did you want to be (for your job) when you were in elementary school?
49. What kind of music do you like? I know it’s impossible to pick one favorite artist or group, so who are your top five?
50. Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen or experienced a ghost or something unexplainable?
51. What’s your favorite old-school television show?
52. Beer, wine, or cocktail?
53. In terms of comics, are you a Marvel or DC fan?
54. What period of history would you most like to live in?
55. If you had to choose between living in the city or country, which would win out?
56. If someone mistakenly deposited $200,000 into your bank account, would you report it if you knew it wouldn’t be caught otherwise?
57. What’s the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?
58. What would you do if you won 1 million dollars today?
59. Are you reading any good books?
60. When was the last time you dressed up for Halloween and what did you go as? What was your best Halloween costume?
61. If you could only keep three apps on your smartphone, what would they be?
62. If you could hire one person to help you live life, what would you have them do?
63. What celebrities did you have a crush on when you were in high school? Now?
64. What is the most adventurous or spontaneous thing you’ve done?
65. Do you have a work nemesis, or is your office fairly anodyne?
66. What books are you reading now? Or, what is your favorite book?
67. So, am I your only date this evening, or did you double book?
68. What was the last thing you made that most people would normally buy?
69. ”Airplane” reference: “Do you like movies about gladiators? Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?”
70. What’s cleaner: your bathroom or car?
71. What is your greatest natural talent or skill?
72. How do you feel about Joe Exotic, aka Tiger King?
73. Are you a morning person or a night person? What time do you go to bed and get up?
74. What makes you curl up into the fetal position and tremble like a baby?
75. What is one thing you would change about your body if you could?
76. If you were a type of mustard, what type would you be? Regular? Dijon?
77. Do you have any recurring dreams? Describe them.
78. Are you an armchair athlete? If so, which team(s) do you coach?
79. What’s a product you buy more than others do?
80. With which emoji do you have an unhealthy relationship?
81. What are the best and worst parts of your personality?
82. What’s the wildest story of you and your best friend?
83. What is the weirdest food combination you enjoy?
84. What motivates you to work hard — if anything? I mean, if you ask me, being lazy is an acceptable personality trait.
85. If you had four adjectives to describe yourself, what would they be?
86. What reality show celebrity are you most like?
87. What is something that should be criminalized although it isn’t?
88. Zombies have arrived. What three people are you recruiting for your defense team?
89. Which of the 9 planets is your favorite?
90. Gryffindor or Ravenclaw?
91. What is the most nonsensical item you own?
92. If you had a kingdom of your own, what would it be called?
93. Which dish do you cook best?
94. If you were a cake, which flavor would you be?
95. What is your favorite conspiracy theory?
96. If you ever got arrested, what would it be for?
97. What’s a job you wish existed?
98. What’s your worst drunken misadventure?
99. What is your favorite song to dance to?
100. If you had to rename the White House, what would be your choice?
101. What is a common stereotype about your job?
102. Which movie scene do you want to recreate?
103. If you had to outlaw a food item, what would it be?
104. Who is your go-to person in life?
105. What’s something you wish your job description didn’t include?
106. What is something you’re a nerd about?
107. What’s your guilty pleasure online?
108. Who’s a historical figure you have a lot of questions for?
109. What’s the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child?
110. How do you like your coffee?
111. What’s your spirit animal?
112. What’s something you recently read that resonated with you?
113. What’s the last picture on your camera roll?
114. What game show would you like to be a contestant on?
115. What is the most important product of every grocery shop for you?
116. If you have an itch in your nose, in your butt, and on your eye, which one do you scratch first?
117. Are you a good witch or a bad witch?
118. If money wasn’t an issue, what career would you choose?
119. Where did you go to college or high school?
120. What’s something you really cherished as a child?
121. Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are right now?
122. In what sibling order are you?
123. If somebody were to take a candid photo of you, what would you most likely be doing?
124. What’s your favorite musical group?
125. Were you nervous to come on this date?
126. What is your favorite movie from when you were a kid?
127. If the police suddenly broke into your house in the middle of the day, what would they find you doing?
128. Do you have any allergies that I should be aware of?
129. What type of coffee would you describe yourself as?
130. What are your favorite TV shows?
131. What’re the things you like to do in your free time?
132. Where do your friends live? And do you spend a love of time together?
133. Have you ever lived with someone?
134. Were you ever married or divorced?
135. Do you have any children I should be aware of?
136. If you could have an unlimited supply of something for the rest of your life, what would it be?
137. How many dates have you already been on?
138. Are you a morning person or not?
139. What went well or not so well in your past dates?
140. What is your favorite sandwich and why?
141. If you could hang out with any cartoon character, who would it be?
142. Would you say you have a specific type of person you’re interested in? What do they look like?
143. What do you hate about first dates?
144. Did you think you’d still be dating at this stage of your life?
145. If you were sitting across the table from your crush, what would you say to them?
146. If you had to delete all but four apps on your smartphone, which apps would you keep?
147. Have you ever had a crush that broke your heart?
148. How could carousels be spiced up so they are more exciting?
149. Who was the first person you remember being interested in as a kid?
150. What do you think your family would say about me?
151. What website or app doesn’t exist, but you really wish it did?
152. How can someone make a good impression on your family?
153. What’s your best “my coworkers are crazy” story?
154. Have you ever farted in front of someone on the first date?
155. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happening on a second date?
156. If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first?
157. Did you ever accidentally k#ss the first date on the lips and not mean to?
158. Have you ever had food on your face during the first date?
159. What’s one of your pet peeves about dating online?
160. Would you ever consider dating someone that your parents introduced you to?
161. Would you rather go ice skating or build snowmen in the winter?
162. What wastes the most time in your day-to-day life?
163. What’s something that you wish your first date would know about you?
164. Would you ever try space tourism, if you had the money for it?
165. What weird thing do you have nostalgia for?
166. If you could be any person for a day, who would it be?
167. If you were featured on the local news, what would you most likely be on there for?
168. If you could change your birthdate, what would you change it to?
169. What assumption you made went hilariously wrong?
170. What was something you thought would be easy until you tried it?
171. Imagine you could give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
172. If you had to fight animals, what animals do you think you could take?
173. Did your mom or dad ever have a “pet name” for you as a child?
174. Have you ever picked your boogers as a kid?
175. Did you ever get your tongue stuck to ice cream as a kid? Or get your tongue stuck to a frozen pole?
176. What are some of the dumbest misadventures you’ve been on?
177. If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose to lose?
178. What “old person” things do you do?
179. Where do you see yourself living 10 years from now?
180. Do you think you’d be the kind of person who would be happy to settle down or is that something that doesn’t fully appeal to you?
181. How do you envision yourself spending your senior years?
182. Kids – yes or no? How many children do you think you’d want to have when you’re ready?
183. If you won the lottery, name 10 things you would spend your new funds on.