Grey’s Anatomy is a TV show that has withstood the test of time. It has become the longest-running medical drama on set. Grey’s Anatomy is the kind of show that will inspire young viewers to venture into the field of Medicine. The cast makes surgeries and operational procedures appear so doable.
The script shows that it takes place in Seattle, Washington D.C. Apparently, it’s all done in Los Angeles. The Veterans Administration Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center in North Hills, CA serves as the entrance to Grey-Sloan Memorial. The interior shots are filmed on soundstage at Prospect Studios in Los Feliz, CA.
Grey’s Anatomy Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
According to TV Guide, Justin Chambers’ character was an afterthought. Alex Karev came in after the Pilot was shot and became a long-lasting character on the show. His last role broke the hearts of fans as expressed on the internet.
With 18 Seasons already, Grey’s Anatomy is packed with so many interesting scenes that only astute viewers will be able to crack. Explore the trivia below!
1. How many seasons of “Grey’s Anatomy” are there?
2. What was the name of the hospital in the beginning?
3. When did “Grey’s Anatomy” start?
4. What season is the musical episode in?
5. George O Malley gets which STD from Nurse Olivia?
6. What color scrubs do interns wear? What about attendings?
7. What kind of pregnancy did Cristina Yang have?
8. Who usually says the voiceover narration in each episode?
9. Matthew proposed April with?
10. What is Derek’s signature saying?
11. In what season did “Grey’s Anatomy” become the longest-running primetime medical drama?
12. What disease did Meredith Grey’s mother have?
13. As of season 18, how many original cast members are still on the show?
14. What does George refuse to buy for Izzie and Meredith?
15. Who are Meredith’s roommates?
16. In the first season, Derek tells Meredith his favorite color. What is it?
17. Which intern has completely paid off their med school debt?
18. How many seconds before did Erica Hanh’s patient gets admitted to the transplant list before Denny in the show?
19. What song is the pilot episode named after?
20. If you aren’t willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping, even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed. Who said these lines on the show?
21. Which two doctors are competing for chief of surgery?
22. What was the theme song in the first season?
23. In season 5, the medical doctor visited which department for the first time?
24. Which major character is introduced at the very end of the season?
25. How many episodes does the first season have?
26. Which intern does Addison recruit to her specialty?
27. Which type of cancer was Izzie diagnosed with?
28. Which intern successfully performs a “solo” surgery?
29. Who has to retake his exams?
30. Why does Meredith give her dog, Doc, to Derek and Addison?
31. What do you call a patient whose name is not known?
32. Why does Derek punch Mark?
33. What was the name of Mark Sloan’s first daughter?
34. Who gives Mark the “McSteamy” nickname?
35. Which doctor secretly lives in the hospital?
36. Where was Denny’s body being sent to in Grey s Anatomy?
37. Why does the hospital have a “prom”?
38. What was the name of the man with who Dr. Bailey stayed when he was quarantined?
39. How does Addison find out that Meredith and Derek hooked up?
40. How much money does Denny leave to Izzie?
41. She was a consultant at Grey Sloan and wasn’t liked much?
42. How many sisters does Derek have?
43. Which character’s spinoff was “planted” during this season, and what is the show called?
44. Who did Bailey hide with during the shooting at Seatle Grace?
45. Which cast member earned an Emmy for their work on season three?
46. Why does Izzie’s daughter come to Seattle Grace?
47. This patient believed she was a superhero because she never felt pain.
48. What animal does Izzie “operate” on?
49. Whose sister becomes the main character in season 4?
50. How did a patient infamously end up with a bomb in their chest?
51. What is the name of the nurse who starts dating Derek?
52. What was Grey s Anatomy originally going to be named?
53. Which doctor is the target of the nurses’ strike?
54. What is the name of the medical clinic that Bailey starts?
55. Where did Cristina move to?
56. What was the name of the “surgery” doll that Ellis gave to Meredith?
57. What bizarre implement injures Cristina?
58. What department do the characters hang out in to de-stress?
59. The show’s name is actually the name of a book? True or False?
60. Why is Lexie called Lexipedia?
61. What disappointing ranking does Seattle Grace land at?
62. Who does Izzie begin seeing visions of?
63. Where does Derek propose to Meredith?
64. Who gets married in the 100th episode?
65. What is Meredith’s address in the series?
66. How does George reveal himself to Meredith when he’s injured?
67. What hospital does Seattle Grace merge with?
68. Which college did the show’s lead attend?
69. Who does Jackson first develop feelings for?
70. What is the name of Mark’s daughter?
71. Why does Izzie leave “Grey’s Anatomy”?
72. What is the actual name of Jo’s Bar?
73. What job does Ben have when he and Bailey first meet?
74. How does Jackson trick the hospital shooter into thinking Derek is dead?
75. Who dies in the hospital shooting?
76. What unusual color is Cristina’s wedding dress?
77. What nickname does Derek have for Amelia?
78. Which doctor temporarily quits surgery, and what new job do they take?
79. What type of alcohol was Yang’s and Mer’s favorite?
80. Why does Teddy marry Henry?
81. What event sparks the musical episode?
82. Why did Meredith tamper with the Alzheimer’s trial?
83. Which actor has won a Tony award for her Broadway?
84. What sport does the hospital field a team for?
85. When do Derek and Meredith officially get married?
86. What medical condition does Zola have?
87. Henry used to be what kind of professional athlete?
88. “Never diss anyone’s Juju”, who said these words?
89. In the alternate universe, who is Meredith engaged to?
90. Death always comes in what numbers?
91. Andrew Deluca is diagnosed with what?
92. Who does April hook up with just before the board exams?
93. Who became the face of the hospital?
94. Which doctors are in the plane crash?
95. After the success of The Shepherd Method, what gift did McDreamy give Meredith?
96. Who was supposed to be on the plane, and who replaced them?
97. What state does Cristina move to?
98. Who is the O.B. that performs a C-section on Meredith?
99. What nickname do Meredith’s residents give to her?
100. Who dies on the same day as Bailey’s wedding?
101. What was Lexi’s full name?
102. What activity does Derek use to retrain his hand after surgery?
103. What names do Webber and Callie use when “undercover” at a rival hospital?
104. Who gets electrocuted in the basement?
105. What condition does Bailey develop?
106. What important person calls Derek to ask for his expertise?
107. Who gave Derek the name McDreamy?
108. Why does Cristina lose the Harper Avery award?
109. Who was first nominated for a Harper Avery?
110. Which doctor goes with Cristina to her new hospital?
111. Who shot Derek in the show?
112. Who does Cristina leave her shares of the hospital and her board position to?
113. Who did Jackson kick out of his OR when he wasn’t able to concentrate?
114. What happened between Richard and Ellis at the carousel?
115. Who won the sparkle pager?
116. What did April and Jackson name their son?
117. What complication happens after Dr. Herman’s tumor removal?
118. How many sisters did Derek Shepherd have?
119. At what age did Maggie graduate from Medical School?
120. What kind of doctor is Owen Hunt?
121. Who becomes Arizona’s roommate?
122. How is Callie’s new girlfriend connected to Meredith?
123. How many original characters are left as of season 17?
124. What operation gets Ben in trouble?
125. Who is awarded custody of Sofia?
126. In season 1, which senior doctor’s significant other is never seen or referred to?
127. Who does Owen ask to be his best man at his wedding to Amelia?
128. The episode where Derek dies is named after which song?
129. Who accompanies Owen overseas on a military medical training program?
130. After the airplane crash, the name of the hospital is changed to what and after whom?
131.Why doesn’t Alex have to take a plea deal?
132. How many people died during the Clark shooting?
133. What brings Maggie’s mother to the hospital?
134. How many times did April get fired?
135. What does Alex do when he tracks down Jo’s abusive ex?
136. When does Stephanie quit Grey Sloan?
137. What nickname did Meredith Grey earn from her interns?
138. Whose sister is found alive?
139. What career change does Ben decide to make?
140. Which patient and doctor got married for insurance reasons?
141. What does Amelia discover about her own health?
142. How many sisters does Meredith Grey have?
143. How does Amelia know Koracick?
144. Which three former characters have their “doppelgangers” show up in the 300th episode?
145. What award does Meredith win?
146. Why does Sam Bello have to leave Seattle?
147. Who officiates Alex and Jo’s wedding?
148. In Grey s Anatomy, Mer’s med school professor dies during which surgery?
149. Which show’s record did “Grey’s” surpass to become the longest-running primetime medical drama?
150. Who is the creator of the show?
151. What disease did Link have as a child?
152. Who plays the theme song of the show?
153. What second language does Meredith speak?
154. What was the name of the first episode of Grey s Anatomy?
155. What is the name of Alex’s mother?
156. What was the name of the doll with plastic organs?
157. Who gets fired over Meredith’s insurance fraud?
158. The stars of which old WB show reunite in a season 16 episode?
159. How many nieces and nephews does Derek have?
160. Why does Koracick hate Halloween?
161. What doctor from Meredith’s past is on her license hearing panel?
162. Meredith once dropped a heart. True or False?
163. When is the last time we see Alex?
164. Why does Alex leave?
165. What party did Owen Hunt through to raise money for the hospital?
166. Who is Teddy and Owen’s daughter named after?
167. What are the names of Alex’s siblings?
168. What “present” does Cristina send Meredith?
169. Which dead characters did Meredith meet on her COVID “beach”?
170. According to Dr. Thomas, what time is it in Moscow when it’s five in Seattle?
171. How does Andrew DeLuca die?
172. When does Meredith wake up from her COVID coma?
173. Who does Cristina stab with an epi?
174. Who does Jackson visit when he’s trying to decide the next steps in his life?
175. In season 6 in the episode “Sanctuary”, who was the second doctor that got shot?
176. What specialty does Jo switch to?
177. This actress has portrayed Alexandra Grey on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, starting in season 3. Who is she?
178. When did we last see Nick Marsh before his return in season 18?
179. Which former main character returns?
180. Which intern paid off her debts with money she earned by modeling?
181. Who officiates Owen and Teddy’s wedding?
182. Where does Meredith split her time between?
183. What tragic event happens to Cristina on her wedding day in season three?
184. What disease is Meredith’s new research focused on?
185. Viewers were left in suspense at the end of the fifth season when George O’Malley and Izzie Stevens, both patients at the time, both flatlined as their friends frantically tried to save them. What was the outcome, as shown in the sixth season premiere, “Good Mourning”?
186. What hospital did they end up merging with?
187. Who does Meredith Grey date throughout the first five seasons (on/off relationship)?
188. What design does Derek’s favorite scrub cap have on it?
189. What is Derek Shepherd’s specialty?
190. In season 8 in the episode “Flight”, what did Cristina keep telling Meredith?
191. What is Addison Montgomery’s specialty?
192. Who was Meredith’s mother?
193. What secret was Meredith keeping about her mother in Season 1?
194. Meredith’s father returned this season in “Tainted Obligation”, and he needed something from Meredith. A big something – what kind of organ transplant did Meredith and her father, Thatcher, undergo?
195. What is Derek’s middle name?
196. What injury did Mark Sloan sustain while having sex with Lexie?
197. Later on, in the first season, Derek finally gives in to Meredith’s ultimatum “I want facts, and until I get them my pants are staying on!” One piece of information he gives her about himself is his favorite flavor of ice cream. What is it?
198. In what other production did Patrick Dempsey and Kevin McKidd costar?
199. Which intern died during the season premiere?
200. What is the name of Meredith’s dad?
201. What was the nickname George received from the other interns in the first season?
202. Why does Jo initially turn down Alex’s proposal?
203. How does Matthew propose to April?
204. Which music superstar has a cat named after Meredith Grey?
205. Who did Richard turn over his job to when he stepped down as chief in season 8?
206. What season did the series stop using its opening theme sequence?
207. What happened to Meredith during the episode in which a shooter entered the hospital to take revenge on the doctors?
208. Which OG character does not visit Meredith on the beach in Season 17?
209. Where did Meredith eventually dispose of her mother’s ashes?
210. Why did Izzie leave?
211. Who was commonly referred to as “chief”?
212. In one episode of the sixth season, Dr. Shepherd deliberately disobeyed Chief Webber’s wishes by proceeding with an extremely risky surgery on a hospital employee. What was this employee/patient’s name?
213. In “Kung Fu Fighting”, two women came into the ER. They were engaged in a contest that involved holding onto something; what was it?
214. What is the name of the dog that Derek and Meredith shared in season two?
215. Derek Shepherd moved to Seattle from ____________.