Did you know that the average number of calories consumed on Thanksgiving day is 4,500? Shocking right? We bet you think, with all the foods you eat, you’ve already surpassed this number in all thanksgiving celebrations.
What was your last thanksgiving holiday like? Oh! You just cannot forget how your favorite uncle walked in with a huge turkey and several bottles of wine to mark the day. It must have been a fun-filled extravagant feast!
Just like Halloween, Thanksgiving day is one of the most famous and oldest American holidays. It is basically time to get together with friends and family, dining and winning, watching football, and doing all other fun activities you can think of.
Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers – Suitable Games For Kids & Adults in 2022 and 2023
We have compiled some thanksgiving trivia questions to help you understand and develop a greater sense of appreciation for this day.
Let’s stuff that turkey and get rolling, it will be fun!
1. How long was the first Thanksgiving celebration?
2. Thanksgiving occurs on which day?
3. What Motivated The Pilgrims To Come To America?
4. What meats were served at the first Thanksgiving celebration?
5. The first Thanksgiving day lasted for how many days?
6. What Part Of a Turkey Is Saved And Snapped As A Superstitious Good Luck Custom?
7. What seafood was served at the first Thanksgiving feast?
8. Which Indian tribe taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land and were invited to the Thanksgiving meal?
9. Thanksgiving Is A Day Of Giving Thanks For The Blessing Of What?
10. Who was the first President to pardon a turkey?
11. Approximately how many turkeys are eaten each year on Thanksgiving in the United States?
12. What Other Country Celebrates Its Own Version Of Thanksgiving – Sometimes Called L’action De Graces – On The Second Monday Of October?
13. Which President made turkey pardoning an annual event?
14. Which southern state was the first to adopt a Thanksgiving Day in 1855?
16. How much did the world’s most expensive Thanksgiving dinner on record cost?
17. What is a snood?
18. What Amino Acid Can Be Found In Turkey?
19. When was the first Thanksgiving football game?
20. Which utensil was not used by the Pilgrims to eat Thanksgiving dinner?
21. Which injury is related to Thanksgiving Day?
22. When was the first Thanksgiving NFL game?
23. The best place to put the meat thermometer in the turkey is?
24. Who Thought That The Concept Of Thanksgiving Was The Most Ridiculous Idea they’ve Ever Heard?
25. Who was the first President to receive a ceremonial Thanksgiving Turkey?
26. The Pilgrims came to the New World seeking religious freedom and were also called?
27. Who Campaigned For Years To Make Thanksgiving A National Holiday?
28. How many women were at the very first Thanksgiving celebration?
29. Why is Thanksgiving celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November?
30. The First Television Broadcast Of A Thanksgiving Day Football Game Was In The Year?
32. What is a baby turkey called?
33. What Was The Name Of The Ship The Pilgrims Traveled On?
34. Which President declared two Thanksgivings in one year?
35. It has been estimated that how many Americans eat turkey at Thanksgiving?
36. Where was the first Thanksgiving celebrated?
37. Which President tried to make Thanksgiving the third Thursday in November to help boost the economy for the holiday season?
38. A full-grown turkey has about how many feathers?
39. Which Sauce Is traditionally used for Thanksgiving Celebrations?
40. Which President received a live raccoon as a Thanksgiving present?
41. What part of the turkey is called a wattle?
42. The Oldest Harvest Celebration, Makahiki Lasts For How Many Months?
43. Which Native American friend to the settlers acted as an interpreter?
44. Which State raises the highest Number of Turkeys?
45. Who Was The Chief Of The Wampanoag?
46. In what month did the very first Thanksgiving celebration likely take place?
47. What Meat was brought to the first Thanksgiving by the native Americans?
48. What Protein Source Do Scholars Believe Was Featured At The Very First Thanksgiving Celebration?
49. How many turkeys are prepared for Thanksgiving in America each year?
50. Which food was ever-present at the first Thanksgiving but is seldom eaten at Thanksgiving now?
51. Can You Name The Only Place In Australia Which Celebrates Thanksgiving?
52. What percent of Americans skip turkey on Thanksgiving?
53. In what decade was the Thanksgiving staple, green bean casserole, first created?
54. What State Produces The Most Cranberries?
55. When was the first Turkey Trot?
54. Which culture Birthed the idea of the horn of plenty, cornucopia?
55. The Internal Organs Of A Store-Bought Turkey Are Usually Found In A Small Bag Inside The Bird. What Is The Collective Name For The Organs?
56. Where was the first Turkey Trot?
57. What do Koreans cook during Chuseok, their Thanksgiving?
58. A Turkey Below Sixteen Weeks Of Age Is Called A?
59. How many Americans prefer Thanksgiving leftovers to Thanksgiving dinner?
60. To whom are drawings given by children in Japan during their labor Thanksgiving?
61. What Dance Form Is Dedicated To The Name Of The Turkey?
62. When is Thanksgiving celebrated in Canada?
63. When was the first-ever Thanksgiving NFL game played?
64. According To The Guinness Book Of Records, The Heaviest Turkey On Record Weighs?
65. About how many pumpkin pies are consumed every Thanksgiving?
66. Canada also has Thanksgiving. They have their holiday on the second Monday in October. True or False?
67. Korean Thanksgiving Festivals Lasts For How Many Days?
68. What happens at Cole’s Hill in Plymouth, Massachusetts every Thanksgiving?
69. All turkeys can fly. True or False?
70. Black Friday is the biggest day of the year for what trade profession?
71. The Pilgrims only “celebrated” three days – the Sabbath, fast days, and days of thanksgiving.
72. Which Founding Father Wanted The Turkey To Be America’s National Bird?
73. Do Americans prefer apple pie or pumpkin pie?
74. All turkeys gobble. True or False?
75. Who Were The Two Astronauts That Ate a Turkey After Walking On The Moon?
76. Sarah Josepha Hale, who campaigned for Thanksgiving to be a national holiday, wrote what famous song?
77. The first department store to hold a Thanksgiving parade was Macy’s. True or False?
78. What Holiday Did Some Native Americans Begin Observing Instead Of Thanksgiving In 1970?
79. When was green bean casserole introduced to Thanksgiving dinners?
80. More than half of the people in the Plymouth colony died that winter of 1621. True or False?
81. What Critically Acclaimed ’80s Movie Is Reported To Have A Deleted Scene With Friends Preparing Thanksgiving Dinner Together?
82. During which Revolutionary War battle did troops have a day of Thanksgiving?
83. Every year the President of the United States pardons a turkey, who spends the rest of its life on a historical farm. True or False?
84. Where Were The Pardoned Turkeys Sent To From 1989 To 2004?
85. What city has the oldest Thanksgiving Day Parade?
86. Cranberries are tasted to see if they are sweet enough to harvest. True or False?
87. Which President Delivered A Series Of Eight Thanksgiving Day Messages To The Country?
88. Which city’s Thanksgiving Day Parade ends with Santa Claus getting a key to the city?
89. President Calvin Coolidge was given a live Raccoon as a Thanksgiving present. True or False?
90. In 1982, This Brand Introduced A Stuffing Meant To Be Paired With Turkey.
91. What 18-minute monologue is performed on many rock and classic rock stations every Thanksgiving?
92. The most popular alternative to turkey on Thanksgiving is Ham. True or False?
93. What Is The American Folk Song About Gathering For Thanksgiving?
94. What year did Adam Sandler release “The Thanksgiving Song?”
95. What Is the name of Darrell Scott’s Thanksgiving Song?
96. What year did the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade first have balloons?
97. Which Christmas Song Was Originally Composed For Thanksgiving?
98. On average, how many people attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade each year?
99. What Is Director Judd Apatow’s Longest Film?
100. How many people participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade each year?
101. What Prime-Time TV Special Originally Aired On CBS On November 20, 1973, And Won An Emmy Award In 1974?
102. Black Friday isn’t the only holiday the day after Thanksgiving. What’s the other?
103. This 2013 3-D Animated Film Follows Reggie The Turkey, Who Has Always Been Afraid Of Thanksgiving For Its Turkey-Filled Menu.
104. What popular song’s real title is “The New England Boy’s Song About Thanksgiving Day”?
105. Green Giant broke a Guiness Record in 2019 for the largest green bean casserole. How much did it weigh?
106. When was Thanksgiving in 2020?
107. The coldest Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was what year?
108. When is Thanksgiving in 2021?
109. Turkeys mate for life. True or false?
110. When was Thanksgiving celebrated on the first Thursday of November?
111. Who said, “What if today, we were grateful for everyone?”
112. Who decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on the first Thursday of November?
113. Cranberries are also called what?
114. Who decided that Thanksgiving would be celebrated on the third Thursday of November?
115. If only male turkeys gobble, then what sounds do the female turkeys make?
116. How many days were formerly reserved as national holidays for Thanksgiving?
117. Which state grows the most sweet potatoes?
118. When was Thanksgiving declared a national holiday?
119. What is the name of the only child born at sea during the Mayflower voyage?
120. In which years did Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade not happen?
121. Turkey eggs are what color?
122. Does Thanksgiving day have any significance in religion?
123. What is a furcula?
124. The Turkey Day Classic is held every Thanksgiving, what is it?
125. What happens during a Thanksgiving parade?
126. The day after Thanksgiving is always which observance?
127. Who organized the first Thanksgiving?
128. Turkeys are color blind, true or false?
129. What is ‘William Bradford: The First Thanksgiving’?
130. Breaking the wishbone in England is called what?
131. When did Bradford’s Thanksgiving show first air?
132. Does Turkey have more protein than beef or chicken?
133. Which other national day did Thanksgiving effectively replace?
134. How many NFL football games are played on Thanksgiving Day?
135. What is the Gimbels Parade currently known as?
136. How much of a turkey is dark meat?
137. When was Evacuation Day celebrated?
138. Which weighs more, domestic turkey or Wild turkey?
139. How fast can a turkey run
140. Which countries observe national holidays on Thanksgiving?
141. The turkey is considered a sacrificial bird in which country?
142. What did the Macy’s Parade initially start as?
143. The governor of which state refused to issue a Thanksgiving Proclamation because he felt it was “a damned Yankee institution anyway.”
144. Which giant Thanksgiving balloon is the oldest?
145. Not everyone on the Mayflower was traveling to the New World to settle. What was the purpose of the others?
146. In which year did Westminster Abbey in London host a Thanksgiving ceremony for American soldiers?
147. The Mayflower was not built to be a transportation ship for people. What was the original purpose of the Mayflower?
148. Besides football, what other sport is played around Thanksgiving?
149. How many people were at the first Thanksgiving?
150. What constitutes a Thanksgiving feast?
151. True or false? The first Thanksgiving feast was eaten outdoors.
152. Are female turkeys or male turkeys used in the Thanksgiving feast?
153. Why do male turkeys gobble?
154. What do you call the feathers on the breast of a male turkey?
155. What are the feathers of a turkey used for?
156. Which sport uses the term ‘turkey’?
157. What do we call a group of turkeys?
158. What company is known for its pre-basted turkeys?
159. How many questions can Butterball answer on their Turkey Talk-Line?
160. Does eating turkeys make you feel sleepy?
161. What made Colchester, Connecticut postpone their Thanksgiving in 1705?
162. What causes lethargy at a Thanksgiving meal?
163. True or false? Turkeys are named after the country.
164. Who came up with the idea of frozen turkeys?
165. What meat product is highly in demand during Thanksgiving?
166. What is a turducken?
167. To which country do people travel most on Thanksgiving?
168. What is the name of the festival similar to Thanksgiving in China?
169. When does Chung Ch’ui happen?
170. For how many days is Chung Ch’ui celebrated?
171. What is Chung Ch’ui also known as?
172. True or false? America has a special stamp for Thanksgiving.
173. When was the first turkey ever pardoned?
174. Which state in America consumes the most turkey every Thanksgiving?
175. What is the festival that is similar to Thanksgiving in Ghana called?
176. When is Homowo observed?
177. Which tradition brings good luck at Thanksgiving?
178. What simple phrase do you say on Thanksgiving?
179. What is the festival similar to Thanksgiving in Rome?
180. Which deity is honored during Cerelia?
181. Who is Ceres?
182. When is Cerelia celebrated?
183. True or false? There is a town in America called Turkey.
184. Which movie features Todd and Terry?
185. In the US, how many towns named Turkey are there?
186. When was ‘Hannah And Her Sisters’ released?
187. What is the festival similar to Thanksgiving in Korea?
188. True or false? Black Friday was meant to deter shoppers.
189. When is Chuseok celebrated?
190. How many days did the Pilgrims cross the Atlantic in?
191. In which states are the four Turkey named towns in the US?
192. When is Thanksgiving celebrated in Liberia?
193. When is Thanksgiving observed in Japan?
194. Why do Japanese children gift drawings to the police at Thanksgiving?
195. What happens when Thanksgiving falls on Sunday in Japan?
196. When is Thanksgiving observed in Puerto Rico?
197. When was Thanksgiving established as a national holiday in Japan?
198. What is the length of a Turkey Trot?
199. Which animals were at the first Thanksgiving?
200. Where are Turkey Trots held?
201. What is Thanksgiving known as in Germany?
202. What is the Turkey Trot?
203. Which comic character has made the most appearances at Thanksgiving parades?
204. Who wrote about the first Thanksgiving?
205. Which character owns Snoopy?
206. What did Wampanoag teach the Pilgrims?
207. Who created the first Thanksgiving parade balloons?
208. In ‘Friends’ which character hates Thanksgiving?
209. What was Tony Sarg’s profession?
210. What color is a turkey’s beak?
211. Where was Tony Sarg employed as an illustrator?
212. Who urged Lincoln to turn Thanksgiving into a national holiday?
213. What was the name of the turkey pardoned in 2020?
214. Which teams played the first football match on Thanksgiving?
215. Wampanoags have inhabited Massachusetts for how many years?