Although kids are fun to hang around with their attention span can be minimal. You have to come up with fun ideas to ensure they are alert and active participants. After all, you want to get the best out of the given event.
For instance, at any fundraiser event, art class, or even at the daycare, using ice breaker questions will enhance child participation and break the boredom. This is especially vital when hosting a group of kids that don’t know each other well.
Ice Breaker Questions for Kids
These set of ice breaker questions will guide any parent or teacher in knowing more about the kids. What they enjoy doing, and what their dreams are. This should help you build rapport and confidence with the kids.
We have prepared exciting icebreaker questions for kids to ensure meaningful interactions at any event.
1. Who is your favorite band?
2. What kind of music do you like?
3. Do you like the music your parents listen to?
4. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What is one song you know all the words to?
7. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
8. Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or a pet dragon?
9. What kind of music makes you want to dance?
10. How many books did you read this summer?
11. What is your silliest dance move?
12. What’s the most unusual thing in your school bag right now?
13. What is your favorite movie?
14. Would you rather stick your hands in a bowl of eyeballs or a bowl of brains?
15. Would you rather play sports or watch them?
16. Who is your favorite Disney character?
17. Would you rather live in a house of cheese or cookie dough for the rest of your life?
18. What’s your favorite class, and why?
19. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
20. If you could create a new animal, what would you call it?
21. If it was raining meatballs, would you eat them?
22. Do you have a celebrity crush?
23. Do you think animals have feelings and thoughts like humans?
24. Would you rather have a giant tongue or giant feet?
25. What shows do you watch?
26. What is one of your favorite things about a family member?
27. What cartoon character do you wish was real?
28. Would you rather live in a house of cheese or cookie dough for the rest of your life?
29. What social media apps do you use?
30. What’s your favorite class, and why?
31. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
32. Do you like to play video games?
33. If you could create a new animal, what would you call it?
34. Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?
35. What do you think is your best feature?
36. Would you rather drink blood or spit?
37. What is your favorite color?
38. What’re you planning to study when you attend a university or go to college?
39. If it was raining meatballs, would you eat them?
40. Do you think animals have feelings and thoughts like humans?
41. What is your favorite YouTube channel?
42. Can you play any instruments?
43. Would you rather sleep in a pigsty or snuggle with a skunk?
44. Would you rather be able to talk to animals or control the weather?
45. What are your favorite movies?
46. If you were a piece of candy, how would you avoid getting eaten?
47. Is there anything you think you can not live without?
48. Narrate one incident where you got into big trouble with your parents.
49. If you had to sing a song in karaoke, which one would you choose?
50. If you could ask your favorite celebrity anything, what would you ask?
51. What shows did you watch as a preschooler?
52. Do you play any card games like Pokemon or Magic the Gathering?
53. What is your favorite sport to play or participate in?
54. What is your favorite sports team?
55. If you were invisible for a day, what would you choose to do?
56. Would you rather be invisible or super strong?
57. What sports have you played?
58. Have you ever been part of a sports team?
59. Is there was any sport you could perform in the Olympics, which would you choose?
60. Which character from a kids’ book or movie reminds you of yourself?
61. Did you have any role models in your early childhood?
62. What is your favorite time of day, and why?
63. What would your dream house be like?
64. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
65. Have you ever been bungee jumping?
66. If it was raining tacos, would you eat them?
67. What’s your favorite summer activity?
68. Are you a good dancer?
69. Whom do you look up to the most?
70. During which month do people sleep the least?
71. What is the most expensive thing in your purse right now?
72. Where would you like to live, in the ocean or on the moon?
73. If you won a million dollars, what would you buy?
74. Have you ever won a trophy or medal?
75. What do pandas have that no other animal has?
76. Which superhero would you like to be the most?
77. Have you ever shot a bow and arrow?
78. What’s the most disgusting food you’ve ever tried?
79. Name something you are good at?
80. Can you ice skate?
81. If you could grow up to be most like one family member, who would it be?
82. What breakfast should be named the best breakfast in the world?
83. What’s the dirtiest place you have ever visited?
84. What’s your current cellphone wallpaper?
85. If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
86. What do you want to be when you grow up?
87. What is the one food you’d hate to waste and can’t let others waste too?
88. Who is your favorite professional athlete?
89. Do you like school?
90. Have you ever been to a professional game?
91. Can you catch a baseball?
92. Would you rather sweat slime or honey?
93. What’s your favorite book or movie and why?
94. If you could give one gift to every single child in the world, what would you give them?
95. What’s a New Year’s resolution that you had this year?
96. What does your favorite shirt look like?
97. What is one wish you hope will be fulfilled by the end of the school year?
98. Can you throw a football?
99. Would you rather be part of the Incredibles family or the Weasley family?
100. Can you hit a golf ball?
101. What kind of music do you like?
102. Can you do an impression of someone famous?
103. Are you good at bowling?
104. Do you go to school games to show team spirit?
105. Do you like camping?
106. What subject is your favorite?
107. What subject do you work best in?
108. Have you ever been a part of the student council?
109. Do you participate in any extracurricular activities?
110. Have you ever been a boy scout or girl scout?
111. What is your middle name?
112. Name your favorite music groups.
113. Do you have any nicknames?
114. Describe your dream house
115. What made you smile today?
116. What skills would you like to improve by the end of the school year?
117. What can make an octopus laugh?
118. Would you rather be carried around by a sweaty giant, or a stinky dinosaur?
119. What is your astrological sign?
120. If you had the day off school, what would you do all day?
121. Where were you born?
122. What is a talent you have?
123. What’s the best impression of a famous person you can do?
124. Do you go to church?
125. Would you ever dress up as the school mascot?
126. Would you rather ride a farting horse or kiss a burping dog?
127. Have you ever been in trouble in school for anything?
128. If you were a type of sandwich, which one would you be?
129. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
130. If you had to eat a crayon, what color would you choose?
131. Would you rather rub ketchup or mustard all over your body?
132. What is your biggest fear?
133. Are you more of a morning person or a night person?
134. What is a theme song to your life?
135. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?
136. What’s the hardest thing about going to school?
137. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re alone?
138. If you could have one crazy hairstyle for a week, what would you choose?
139. Who would you like to be other than yourself?
140. Who is your favorite Disney hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?
141. What’s one thing that recently made you laugh?
142. Free day off of school, what do you do all day?
143. Name one thing still on your bucket list
144. What year would you visit if you had a time machine?
145. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
146. If you could win an Olympic gold medal in any sport, what would you choose?
147. What was your favorite toy?
148. Which other name would you like to be called by if not your own?
149. What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
150. What are you most thankful for?
151. If you could only eat one food for a whole month, what would it be?
152. What goal do you hope to accomplish by the end of the school year?
153. What is the one thing that boosts your creativity?
154. If it was raining tacos, would you eat them?
155. What is the worst thing that happened to you in the last week?
156. What word would you add to the dictionary and what would it mean?
157. If you could have someone play you in a movie, who would it be?
158. What class are you having the least trouble with?
159. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
160. What is the longest word you know?
161. What do you think affects your spirituality the most?
162. Where would you want to go in the world if you could go anywhere?
163. What class are you having trouble with?
164. What’s your favorite thing to do after school?
165. Would you rather have fast food every day or have to cook your own food?
166. If you had to give up a favorite food, what would it be and why?
167. What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up this morning?
168. Name your favorite animated characters.
169. How would you say your name if you were an alien?
170. Would you rather eat sardines or snails?
171. What is your favorite smell and why?
172. Would you rather spend all day in a math or reading class?
173. Can you do an impression of someone famous?
174. Would you rather be an Olympic gold medallist or an astronaut?
175. What candy best describes who you are inside?
176. What would your entrance theme song be?
177. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
178. Animal voice swap: Which two animals would you have swap sounds?
179. Would you rather take a train, plane, or boat somewhere?
180. Pick 3 animals to put together to create a new animal. Which animals would you pick?
181. What would you name your new animal?
182. Oreos wants to make a new grossest flavor cookie. What flavor would you pick?
183. If you turned into a ghost, who would you haunt first?
184. Would you rather smell like onions or have to eat onions every day?
185. If you could invent something to make life easier, what would you invent?
186. What are 4 things your friends would say that you are really good at?
187. If someone made a movie about you, what would it be called?
188. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? Why?
189. If you could change your hair color, what would you change it to?
190. Imagine you traded places with your pet. What would be the best part and worst part of your day?
191. Made a meal by yourself?
192. Sold something you made?
193. Starred in a YouTube video?
194. Stayed up past midnight?
195. Imagined a new world?
196. Known a fact your parents didn’t know?
197. Invented your own holiday?
198. What do you think is the worst chore? Why?
199. Ran a toy company, what would be your next great toy to sell?
200. Could choose one fantastic beast to have as a pet, what would you choose?
201. Could live like any bug, which would you trade places with?
202. Would you rather have a monkey’s tail or an elephant’s trunk?
203. Would you rather be as tiny as a fly or as big as a whale?
204. If you were invisible for a day, what would you choose to do?
205. Would you rather live in the clouds or underwater?
206. If you were a piece of candy, how would you avoid getting eaten?
207. Would you rather have a million dollars or a million friends?
208. If you could build a house out of anything, what would you choose?
209. Would you rather be the smartest person or the funniest?
210. Would you rather find a treasure map or magic beans?
211. Would you rather slide down a rainbow or jump on a cloud?
212. How do you feel about cleaning your room?
213. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and who would you go with?
214. Playgroups or play dates
215. When’s the last time you laughed really, really hard and what happened to make you do so?
216. When meeting new neighbors
217. Connecting with your friend’s friends from other towns or schools
218. Extended family gatherings
219. Would you rather meet an alien or turn into a mermaid?
220. Would you rather never listen to music or never watch TV?