Conversing with kids can be difficult especially because some of them may have just started practicing speech. You will need great conversation starters to bond with kids over a shared meal or just during a long car ride.
Children crave information, this prompts them to ask many questions. Whether your kid is yet to join school or is a 4th grader who can understand the basics, they are bound to ask one question, only to bombard you with follow-up questions based on your answer.
Get To Know You Questions for Kids
These “get to know you” questions require kids to recall past or recent experiences, hence helping them exercise memory skills. We have covered religion-related questions, their daily routine, questions about animals, preferred Disney shows, questions for older kids e.t.c.
Use these get-to-know-you questions for kids to help expand their perspective, increase problem-solving skills and make them more open-minded.
1. If you wanted to make everyone on the planet smile, how would you do it?
2. Would you rather slide down a slide or swing on a swing?
3. If you had a time machine where would you go? Why?
4. If your stuffed animals could talk, what would they say?
5. What is one thing you would change about the world?
6. Would you rather play football or tennis?
7. Imagine you just won a million dollars, what would you buy first?
8. Would you rather be smart or incredibly funny?
9. What is something that helps you fall asleep at night?
10. Would you rather ride a horse or an elephant?
11. What does it feel like when I hug you?
12. If you could change your whole name, what would you change it to?
13. Would you rather have oatmeal for breakfast or lunch?
14. Would you rather be a painter or a sculptor?
15. If you drew everything that came to your head, what would you be drawing right now?
16. If the sky could rain food, what food would you like for it to rain down?
17. Would you rather be a good singer or an amazing guitar player?
18. What do you think you’re going to dream about tonight?
19. If our whole family lived in a zoo, what kind of animals would each person be?
20. Would you rather go to a water park or an amusement park?
21. What sounds do you like?
22. What makes you feel happy?
23. Would you rather sit with a group in school or sit alone?
24. You’re outside for a whole day: what would you do?
25. When you are angry, how do you deal with those feelings?
26. Would you rather watch fireworks or go to a circus performance?
27. How do you think animals communicate?
28. Would you rather play in the rain or snow?
29. Describe a great day. What are you doing that makes it special?
30. If you had to pick a theme song to describe you, what would it be?
31. Would you rather brush your teeth with toothpaste or water?
32. What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
33. Would you rather be a captain of a ship or a pilot of an airplane?
34. What animal would make a great driver?
35. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would be your three wishes?
36. Would you rather be a famous writer or a famous performer?
37. Do you like it when other people share with you? Why?
38. What has been the best dream you ever had?
39. Would you rather create your own holiday or a new sport?
40. Would you rather have a tall neck like a giraffe or a long nose like an elephant?
41. Who is your favorite storybook character?
42. What has been your worst nightmare?
43. Would you rather crawl like a crab or walk on all fours?
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
45. Would you rather see things up close or far away?
46. What do you think is the meaning of life?
47. Would you rather be a fast swimmer or a fast runner?
48. What one thing do you do now that you need an adult for but would like to try to do all by yourself?
49. What do you think is the most difficult job in the world? Why?
50. Would you rather have long hair like Rapunzel or be blue like Smurfette?
51. If you had to give everyone in the family new names, what would they be?
52. What do you think is the best job in the world? Why?
53. Would you rather be able to create webs like Spider-Man or have heat vision like Superman?
54. If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
55. If you could time travel, when and where would you go?
56. Would you rather sail the seas or climb a mountain?
57. What would life be like if no one had a phone?
58. Would you rather have the ability to jump like a frog or make loud sounds like an elephant?
59. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
60. If you could make a new animal, what would it be?
61. Would you rather look after a pet or a baby?
62. What is your favorite dessert?
63. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or find all your lost stuff?
64. What would you do together?
65. When was the last time you felt lonely and what made you feel better?
66. Would you rather spend your day in a zoo or a garden full of trees and flowers?
67. If you could meet a famous person, who would it be?
68. Would you rather ride a scooter or a bike?
69. Would you rather know sign language or be an expert on reading lips?
70. Do you ever think about renaming the colors of your crayons?
71. If you could meet someone from the past, who would it be?
72. Would you rather be able to speak four languages fluently or talk every language on Earth with a silly accent?
73. What character makes you laugh the most?
74. Has there ever been a question you wanted to ask but didn’t?
75. Would you rather eat something sweet or sour?
76. If you opened a store, what would you sell?
77. If you could only eat food that is the same color for the REST of your life, what color would you choose?
78. Would you rather take the best pictures or be the most amazing model?
79. What’s your superhero name and what powers do you have?
80. What was the worst thing you have ever eaten? Why was it so bad?
81. Would you rather stay indoors for the rest of the day or spend the day outside in the garden?
82. If you could grow anything in the yard, what would it be?
83. If you could put ANYTHING on top of a pizza, what would you pick?
84. If you could be invisible for one day only, what would you do?
85. What do you enjoy giving people?
86. What is your favorite word?
87. What kind of music do you like?
88. How many stars exploded in the galaxy today?
89. What would life be like if no one had a phone?
90. Who makes the smelliest farts?
91. What does a fox say?
92. If you could make a new animal, what would it be?
93. Where were you born?
94. If you could become any cartoon character for one day, who would you be?
95. If you could be any age for the rest of your life, what age would you be? Why?
96. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
97. What’s your favorite YouTube channel?
98. How would you spend a rainy day?
99. What’s the funniest sound you’ve ever heard?
100. What’s your favorite line from a movie?
101. If you were a fart, would you prefer to be silent but deadly or loud and proud?
102. When was the last time you laughed really hard and what was it about?
103. If you were given the power to get rid of one thing in the world, what would you choose?
104. What’s the best combination of weird foods you have ever tried, and what were they?
105. What’s the most unusual thing in your school bag right now?
106. If you could invent something, what would it be?
107. If you went on a treasure hunt, what treasure would you like to find?
108. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
109. Do you prefer cats, dogs, or fluffy chinchillas?
110. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
111. Would you rather break something really expensive and make mom and dad angry, or break something worthless that you’d miss?
112. If someone made a movie about you, what would it be called?
113. What’s your favorite method of laughing
114. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? Why?
115. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
116. If you could visit any planet, where would you go and why?
117. Why do you go to sleep at night and not in the morning?
118. If you could make a law, what would it be?
119. If you could trade places with a character from your favorite movie or TV show, who would you choose and why?
120. Would you get angry if I stole your candy?
121. Would you rather live back in time or in the future?
122. What do you think makes a good friend?
123. If you had a parrot, what would you teach it to say?
124. What’s something you have in common with the person next to you?
125. Would you rather go to outer-space or dive to the deepest part of the ocean?
126. Would you rather live in a world of legos or a world of cartoons?
127. What book did your teacher read for the class today?
128. How would you describe a perfect day?
129. If it was raining meatballs, would you eat them?
130. If you could be any emoji, which one would you be?
131. What examples of kindness did you see today?
132. Give your day a rating of one to ten — why did you choose that number?
133. What challenged you today?
134. What was your favorite birthday so far? Why?
135. If you were running for president, what would your campaign slogan be?
136. If you had a robot to help you with school, but it could only do one task, what would it do?
137. Did anyone in your class get in trouble?
138. Would you rather fly a plane or drive a submarine?
139. Did someone or something inspire you today?
140. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
141. What new things did you learn?
142. What is something you are not allowed to do, that you wish you could do?
143. Would you rather be a bird or a fish?
144. Who did you share your snacks with today?
145. Would you rather be a camel or a penguin?
146. What was the worst part of your day?
147. What is your favorite thing to wear?
148. What was the most challenging rule you had to follow?
149. If only one of your toys could come alive and play with you, which one would it be?
150. What do you hope to achieve before school ends this year?
151. What do you hope to achieve before school ends this year?
152. If you could pick any name for yourself, what would it be?
153. If you love someone, what are the ways you can show it?
154. What are you thankful for?
155. Do you think you are a good friend? Why?
156. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?
157. If you could invent a dance move, what would it be? Show me!
158. What would you name a hurricane?
159. What would you say is your biggest strength?
160. If you were the only person on earth, what would be the first thing you would do?
161. How do you overcome your weaknesses?
162. What do you think is the worst chore? Why?
163. What’s your happiest memory?
164. If you could be on a T.V. show, which one would it be?
165. Do you prefer eating sweet foods or savory?
166. What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
167. What can we do to be better parents?
168. If the phone rang right now, who would you want it to be?
169. What do you hope to be when you grow up?
170. What do you like daydreaming about?
171. What’s the best thing in your life?
172. What have your friends been up to?
173. What is your favorite thing to do when it is snowing?
174. What’s your motto?
175. If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
176. If you opened a store, what would you sell?
177. What is your favorite thing to do when it is windy?
178. If you could only bring four things when traveling, what would they be?
179. You’re at the beach. What’s the first thing you do?
180. What kind of video games do you like to play?
181. If you were to name a new planet, what would you call it?
182. What foods do you love and why?
183. How do you show people you care?
184. What makes a nice friend?
185. If you could give $100 to a charity, which would you choose?
186. What is your favorite book genre?
187. What are you looking most forward to this month?
188. What do you enjoy giving people?
189. Who is your favorite cousin to play with?
190. Can you tell me about what you’re doing?
191. Would you rather eat raisins every day or peas?
192. If you drew everything that came to your head, what would you be drawing right now?
193. What is your favorite party game?
194. Would you rather have a hole in the back of your pants or a broken zipper?
195. How do you best like helping others?
196. What is your favorite type of craft?
197. Would you rather eat salad or liver?
198. Pretend you’re a chef, and tell me about your restaurant. What foods do you serve?
199. Who would win in a magical duel: Harry Potter or Mary Poppins?
200. Would you rather be a sports star or a pop star?
201. If you made a cave in the woods, what would be inside it?
202. If you could draw anything right now, what would you draw?
203. If you could ask a wild animal any question, what would you ask?
204. You’re outside for a whole day: what would you do?
205. What makes you awesome?
206. What are some of the best things about nature?
207. If you had to have one embarrassing quality to have all the money in the world, what would it be?
208. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re outside?
209. Describe a great day. What are you doing that makes it special?
210. If you could eat as much dessert as you wanted every day, but also had to go to the dentist every day, would you do it?
211. What do you take to bed with you every night?
212. What are three things you want to do this summer?
213. If you could make up a new holiday, what would it be?
214. If you could have Disneyland all to yourself whenever you want, but you could only communicate by singing Disney songs, would you?
215. What do you love to eat for breakfast?
216. What makes someone smart?
217. If you could fly, but you had to always have really bad breath, would you?
218. What should we make for dinner on your birthday?
219. If you were a teacher and could teach your students anything at all, what would you teach them?
220. What one thing do you do now that you need an adult for but would like to try to do all by yourself?
221. Why is the ocean warm or cold?
222. If you had to give everyone in the family new names, what would they be?
223. Who would win in a sword fight: Robin Hood, or Peter Pan?
224. What is Earth’s primary source of energy?
225. Tell me something about you that you think I might not know.
226. Who would win in a singing contest: Olaf or Elsa?
227. Why can’t we breathe underwater?
228. What do princesses eat?
229. What’s the longest river on Earth?
230. What do crocodiles say?
231. What causes waves?
232. Who lives on the moon?
233. How do you picture God?
234. What do you think angels look like?
235. What are rainbows made of?
236. Who were the first two people that God created?
237. Where does yogurt come from?
238. How do you think Jesus walked on water?
239. Why do dogs bark?
240. What are your worries about becoming a teenager?
241. Why does the wind blow?
242. What privileges are you looking forward to the most about growing up?
243. Can dogs lay eggs?
244. Why do you think some kids smoke or take drugs?
245. Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of this year?
246. Do little boys live in zoos?
247. Are doughnuts delicious?
248. What do you think your life will be like ten years from now?
249. Who are your three best role models, and why?
250. What does success mean to you?
251. When do you get dressed for your day?
252. What’s your favorite after-school snack?
253. How long do you watch TV after school?
254. Would you rather learn about coding or take an art class?
255. What do you like to talk about during dinner?