To your shock, the Birmingham factory produces 1.5 million Crème Eggs every day. Did you know the act of painting eggs originates from a Ukraine tradition? The colorful custom of Pysanka is made using wax and dyed. It was not until Ukrainian immigrants came to the US that this culture was cultivated.
Easter Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
The world’s giant Easter egg is more of a jigsaw than a sculpture, made from 3500 pieces of aluminum. The Vegreville Pysanka stands at 31 feet tall and 18 feet wide, and the egg weighs a hefty 500lbs. Unbelievably, the Vegreville egg took 12,000 hours to complete.
Below is a sequence of a quiz about Easter to help in memorizing Scripture, incorporate into your Easter plans and help your children recall and recite the Easter story.
1. Why do Christians celebrate Easter Sunday?
2. What does Maundy Thursday represent?
3. Palm Sunday to Easter Saturday is known as what?
4. According to the Bible, what Jewish holiday was being celebrated during the week of Jesus’ death and resurrection?
5. True or false: early Christians dye eggs red at Easter to symbolize the blood of Christ.
6. According to the Gospel of Matthew, for how many silver coins did Judas Iscariot betray Jesus?
7. In some countries such as Greece, Mexico, and Spain, what is burned during Easter bonfires?
8. Name the mischievous young rabbit created by Beatrix Potter in ‘The Tale of …”
9. According to the Bible, how many days passed between Jesus’ death and resurrection?
10. Who is always late in Alice in Wonderland?
11. What is the Sunday before Easter called?
12. Judy Garland and Fred Astaire starred in which 1948 springtime film?
13. What is the 40-day period before Easter called?
14. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry and Ron Weasley’s dragon-sized Easter Eggs are filled with Molly Weasley’s delicious homemade what inside?
15. In what year was Cadbury founded? a) 1824 b) 1837 c) 1858
16. Who owns the factory in Roald Dahl’s ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
17. Which egg-shaped chocolate candy treat is banned in the United States?
18. Name the famous Andrew Lloyd Webber musical – ‘Jesus Christ …’?
19. True or false: the people of Mesoamerica used cocoa beans as currency?
20. What is the name of the rabbit in Winnie the Pooh?
21. Bournville is home to which famous chocolate factory?
22. Who wrote the children’s book ‘Green Eggs and Ham’?
23. What part of the cocoa plant is chocolate made from? a) beans b) flowers c) berries
24. Name the 1979 satirically biblical film by Monty Python.
25. Which chocolate company produced the first chocolate egg in the UK?
26. What is Bambi’s rabbit friend called?
27. The world’s tallest ever chocolate Easter egg was approximately how tall? a) 8 meters b) 9 meters c) 10 meters
28. What animal delivers Easter eggs on Easter Sunday?
29. What type of ‘chocolate’ contains cocoa butter but not cocoa beans?
30. “How do you eat yours?” was the famous advertising slogan for what?
31. At the Last Supper, which food did Jesus liken to his body?
32. Which half of an egg is used in the following recipes: hollandaise sauce, custard, creme brulee?
33. What food is traditionally eaten on Good Friday?
34. What food is traditionally eaten on Shrove Tuesday?
35. What cake is traditionally eaten at Easter which is mostly a fruit cake covered in marzipan?
36. True or false: pretzels were originally a Lenten food as the shape represented arms crossed in prayer and contained no eggs or dairy.
37. What dried fruit do you find in Hot Cross Buns?
38. Colomba di Pasqua is an Italian Easter bread, shaped like which bird?
39. How is the equivalent of Shrove Tuesday known in France?
40. Approximately how many Easter eggs are sold in the UK every year? a) 20 million b) 40 million c) 80 million
41. Easter always falls in which two months of the year?
42. What roast meat is traditionally eaten at Easter?
43. Finish this famous saying: “don’t put all your eggs in one …”
44. When is Lent?
46. Why do Christians celebrate Lent?
47. What is the name of a male rabbit?
48. Why do people fast and abstain on Lent?
49. From which country did the Easter bunny originate?
50. Is there a Biblical history of Lent?
51. On what street in New York does the city’s traditional Easter parade take place?
52. What does Ash Wednesday have to do with Lent?
53. Egg rolling, an Easter game of rolling hard-boiled eggs down a hill, is an annual event at which famous house?
54. What is significant about Palm Sunday?
55. Semana Santa is the Spanish term for the last week of Lent. What does it mean?
56. What do churches usually hand out on Palm Sundays?
57. Which bird lays the largest egg?
58. Why do churches hand out palm branches during Palm Sunday services?
59. When is Palm Sunday?
60. What holiday is being celebrated when Jesus makes his return to Jerusalem?
61. Why is Holy Wednesday often referred to as Spy Wednesday?
62. When is Holy Monday?
63. How much did one of the disciples sell Jesus out for?
64. What happened on Holy Monday?
65. Why didn’t Jesus chastise a woman for pouring a precious ointment on his head?
66. What happened on Holy Tuesday?
67. Why did Judas Iscariot betray Jesus?
68. What else did Jesus do on Holy Tuesday?
69. When did Jesus tell his disciples that he would be betrayed?
70. What can we learn from Holy Tuesday?
71. Why do we celebrate Good Friday?
72. What is significant about Maundy Thursday?
73. What were Jesus Christ’s last words on the cross?
74. Why did Jesus fall to the ground and pray on this day?
75. What happened when Jesus “gave up the ghost”?
76. Which disciples were sleeping who should have watched out while Jesus prayed?
77. Which Mary was present at the crucifixion of Jesus?
78. When Jesus was betrayed, who asked him if he was Jesus the Christ?
79. What happened when a soldier pierced the body of Jesus after his death?
80. Which disciple denied knowing Jesus?
81. According to Scripture, who arrived first on Easter Sunday at Jesus’ grave?
82. What were some of Jesus’ enemies doing on Holy Saturday?
83. On Easter Sunday, who asked, “Woman, why weepest thou?” And the woman responded, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.”
84. What does Scripture reveal that Jesus did before he arose on Easter?
85. According to Scripture, who was the first person to see Jesus after he was resurrected?
86. What is Holy Saturday also called?
87. Which disciple went to where Jesus was buried to look for him?
88. Why is the Easter Vigil celebrated on Holy Saturday?
89. Where did the angel tell the women to go and see the risen Savior?
90. When is Holy Saturday?
91. What is celebrated at Easter?
92. How many days did Jesus appear to his disciples after his death and rising from the tomb?
93. What type of food is decorated for Easter?
94. What did Jesus teach his disciples after he was resurrected?
95. What is a feature or message hidden in a software called?
96. Why did Jesus tell the disciples to wait in Jerusalem?
97. How many days before Easter was the crucifixion?
98. Where did Jesus ascend into heaven?
99. What can you see on doors at Easter time?
100. How many angels appeared to the disciples after Jesus ascended into heaven?
101. How many eggs were in the largest Easter egg tree (according to the Guinness World Record)?
102. Which spiced sweet bun is traditionally eaten on Good Friday?
103. How tall was the tallest chocolate Easter egg (according to the Guinness World Record)?
104. When is Easter?
105. How many eggs were hidden in the largest Easter egg hunt ever?
106. Which color is the Lindt chocolate bunny?
107. Atari’s arcade game Starship 1 is the first one known with an Easter Egg. When was it released?
108. Which British chocolate company makes the Mini Eggs?
109. In which country was the largest decorated Easter egg?
110. Which brand of chocolate has “Have a Break…Have a ______” as a slogan.
111. How much was the most expensive chocolate egg sold at auction?
112. Which author wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
113. How many chocolate bunnies are sold in the US each year?
114. In which city can you find the statue of Christ the Redeemer?
115. Complete this title “It’s Easter________, Charlie Brown”.
116. Which artist painted ‘The Last Supper’?
117. ‘The Great Egg-Scapade’ is part of which series?
118. What is the name of the rabbit in the Disney movie ‘Bambi’?
119. Easter is a Christian holiday.
120. In which country is a pysanka, a decorated Easter egg?
121. What are Catholics not allowed to eat on Good Friday?
122. In France, what are Easter Eggs?
123. Besides chocolate, what is the main ingredient of Reese’s?
124. Roald Dahl wrote The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
125. Which flavor of McFlurry does McDonald’s bring for Easter in the UK?
126. Creme Eggs are available all year round.
127. Osterbrunnen is a German tradition that consists of decorating _____________ with Easter eggs for Easter.
128. Easter is always in April.
129. What is the traditional flower of Easter?
130. Good Friday is not a bank holiday in the UK.
131. Which day is the Sunrise service on?
132. What is the name of Dolly Parton’s famous Easter song?
133. Which brand was initially selling the Creme Egg?
134. Complete the famous quotes from Charles M. Schulz “All you need is love. But a little _________ now and then doesn’t hurt.”
135. How much is the UK chocolate Easter Egg market worth?
136. In which movie can you see Bing Crosby singing the song “Easter Parade”?
137. Americans consume ______jelly beans for easter?
138. How many colors of Mini Eggs are there?
139. How many hours did it take to complete the Vegreville Pysanka egg?
140. In which US state was the largest Easter egg hunt ever held?
141. In which animated movie did Russell Brand voice the Easter bunny?
142. Which jewelry house is famous for its jeweled egg?
143. With which Jewish holiday is Easter associated?
144. Which country does the Easter bunny come from?
145. Is Easter a relatively new tradition?
146. Complete the title of this Judy Garland song “In Your Easter ______”.
147. Christians began wearing new clothes on Easter in Medieval times to symbolize what?
148. Which US president initiated the White House Easter Egg Roll?
149. Which festival is held in medieval Britain?
150. What is the other name given to the Holy Week?
151. In Australia, the Easter mascot is a?
152. In which country do children dress up as witches on Easter Sunday?
153. Every year, the white house hosts a special Easter celebration.
154. In Switzerland, a ____bird delivers Easter eggs to kids?
155. Which prominent human was first to bring the Easter Bunny to the White house in 1969?
156. ______used to be part of Easter traditions?
157. _____ was the first president to bring the easter bunny to the white house?
158. The largest chocolate Easter bunny took ___ days to make?
159. How many people participated in the egg hunt in Florida, 2007?
160. In 2007, ______ hosted the world’s largest Easter Egg hunt?
161. Most people go for the _________ first on a chocolate bunny?
162. Which company made the marshmallow chicks with a pastry tube?
163. In 1953, it took more than how many hours to make a peep?
164. Painted pysanky eggs were even believed to have powers that would?
165. The art of egg dyeing started in?
166. Easter eggs were thought to have?
167. Polish legends say the Virgin Mary painted eggs using?
168. The Easter bunny hopped into the United States in which year?
169. Easter’s date is determined by?
170. When does Easter occur on the first Sunday after the?
171. What is the main dish at Jewish Passover, is the traditional meat for the main meal on Easter Day?
172. In the United States, traditional Easter foods?
173. After Halloween, _____ is the top-selling candy holiday.
174. It is believed by some that Easter was named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess, Eastre, whose symbols were?
175. The most famous Easter parade is held in?
176. The word “Easter” appears in the Old Testament in the Bible.
177. A lamb is one of the symbols of Easter, as it was a sacrificial animal in the Old Testament?
178. The rabbit is an ancient symbol of fertility.
179. The egg represents “new life,” or the resurrection of Christ?
180. The most popular American Easter candy is the chocolate bunny?
181. The idea of the Easter bunny, which originated in Germany in the 1700s, was not a rabbit originally, but a:
182. The Bible says that the apostle who betrayed Jesus killed himself. Who was he and how did he commit suicide?
183. What is the name of the Charlie Brown Easter Special?
184. The most popular American Easter candy is?
185. How was Jesus fastened to the cross?
186. The Romans, in an effort to mock Jesus, gave him a “crown” of what?
187. Jesus prophesied that Peter would deny him how many times?
188. How many gospels are in the Bible? Why are they important at Easter?
189. What came first, Jesus’ crucifixion, the resurrection, or the Last Supper?
190. What was the purpose of the Easter Act passed in 1928 by Parliament in the United Kingdom?
191. The “Easter parade,” an American cultural event consisting of a festive strolling procession on Easter Sunday, is characterized by what item of clothing won by women?
192. Who held the first egg roll on the White House lawn and in what year?
193. Which job did Zacchaeus hold in the Bible?
194. What are two traditional Easter games?
195. When the soldiers came for Jesus, what wound did Peter inflict on the servant of the high priest?
196. The custom of giving candy and chocolate for Easter first appeared during what historical age?
197. Who wrote the popular Easter hymn “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”?
198. What colors are associated with Easter?
199. The Easter sunrise service, a distinctive Protestant observance in North America, comes from what Biblical event?
200. Where is the largest egg museum located and how many eggs are on display?
201. Some countries (Mexico, Spain, and Greece) have bonfires at Easter time. What is burned in these fires?
202. When was the Cadbury candy company started?
203. What kind of cloth was used to wrap the body of Jesus?
204. Who made the statement, “Take ye him, and crucify him, for I find no fault in him.”?
205. Jesus’ body was placed in a sepulcher and a rock was rolled to cover the opening. What is a sepulcher?
206. Which disciple is not present when Jesus goes to see them after his resurrection?
207. How many angels were guarding the sepulcher?
208. What was the name of the hill where they crucified Jesus?
209. Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. After his crucifixion, Jesus rose from the dead how many days later?
210. Which prisoner was released instead of Jesus?
211. What animal did Jesus ride on when he entered Jerusalem the week before his death?
212. According to the song Peter Cottontail, what is the bunny bringing for Tommy?
213. Households spend how much on average on Easter annually?
214. Swedish kids dress up as Easter Wizards instead of?
215. What kind of bread is associated with Easter?
216. What do the marzipan balls on a simnel cake represent?
217. Who introduced the Easter bonnet into American popular culture in 1933?
218. Easter celebrates the ________ of Jesus Christ.
219. In the Bible, Judas traded Jesus in exchange for what?
220. How long does it currently take to produce one marshmallow Peep?
221. In which state did the Easter bunny first appear?
222. What celebrity was made into a chocolate bunny for the first time in 2015?
223. What is Fat Tuesday?
224. Which apostle doubted Jesus’ resurrection?
225. Besides bunnies, what animal is considered an Easter symbol?
226. In England, when you dance between Easter eggs on a floor, it’s called what?
227. Easter Sunday is also called what?
228. Which American Literature professor wrote the traditional Easter hymn “Up from the Grove He Arose”?
229. Which day of Holy Week is to honor the Last Supper?
230. Why are pretzels considered an Easter food?
231. Where is the largest Easter egg museum in the world?
232. In the Bible, who was the first person to enter Jesus’ tomb?
233. When was Cadbury founded?
234. In the 13th century, the church prohibited eating what during Holy Week?
235. When were Cadbury Creme Eggs introduced?
236. The world-record largest chocolate Easter egg was made in what city?
237. From what is the filling in Cadbury Creme Eggs made?
238. While the Easter Bunny brings children eggs in the U.S., what sort of critter delivers the goods in Westphalia, Germany?
239. What pagan goddess is associated with Easter?
240. Three days before Easter is called what?
241. In what season does Easter take place in Australia?
242. How many jellybeans do Americans consume during Easter?
243. In the Bible, what did Jesus and his apostles eat at the Last Supper?
244. How much candy is sold during this religious celebration?
245. What’s the name of the jeweler who decorated Easter eggs for royalty?
246. In Eastern Christianity, the end of Lent is called what?
247. What egg-shaped candy was illegal in the United States?
248. In whose tomb was Jesus buried?
249. True or false: Most people prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate.
250. How many Peeps do Americans eat during each Easter season?
251. Easter’s date is determined by what?
252. What garment was popularized by the song “Easter Parade?”
253. Each year, Easter is recognized on the first Sunday after what?
254. The original Easter bunny in Germany was actually what sort of animal?
255. How many marzipan balls are traditionally on a simnel cake?
256. Buying what for Easter is said to bring good luck for the rest of the year?
257. What was the circumference of the world’s largest chocolate Easter egg?
258. Easter symbols like rabbits stem from what Anglo-Saxon festival?
259. How many states consider Good Friday a holiday?
260. The Easter Season begins on Easter Day and lasts for how many days?
261. Judy Garland stars alongside which classic movie star in Hollywood musical Easter Parade?
262. Who wrote The Tale of Peter Rabbit?
263. Who wrote the music for rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar?
264. Which classical composer wrote St. Matthew Passion?
265. Which comedy group created the 1979 film Life of Brian?
266. Who plays Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
267. “He’s Alive” was an Easter hit for which country music star?
268. “I am the egg man, they are the egg men” is a line from I Am The Walrus, but which band was that a hit song for?
269. Pomerode in Brazil holds the record for the largest easter egg tree ever created, but how many painted eggs hung off the tree?
270. The world record for the largest hot cross bun was set in Bolton in 2012. How much did it weigh?
271. Which Disney film features a rabbit called Thumper?
272. How much did the largest chocolate egg weigh?
273. Which chocolate treat has the slogan “the lighter way to enjoy chocolate”?
274. What is the name of the workers village southwest of Birmingham, which gave its name to a brand of dark chocolate?
275. American couple Steve Lubanski and Candace Frazee broke the record in 2011 for the largest number of rabbit-related items, but how many items are in their collection?
276. Bini the Bunny holds the record for the most basketball slam dunks in one minute. How many did it score?
277. Which island celebrates the start of Easter with a kite flying festival?
278. Which Italian city hosts a firework display from an ornate cart, with origins going back over 350 years?
279. A town in which country serves up a giant omelet from over 15,000 eggs on Easter Monday?
280. What was the name of the high priest servant who had his ear cut off by the disciple and subsequently reattached by Jesus?
281. How did Judas identify Jesus to the soldiers?
282. What did Pilate’s wife counsel him to do concerning Jesus?
283. A man named Simon was compelled to carry the cross of Jesus. In Mark 15 we are told the names of Simon’s two sons were?
284. What was the inscription above the cross?
285. When Jesus died there was darkness in the land for how long?
286. Who was the first person to see risen Christ?
287. I was crucified beside Jesus; who am I?
288. I met the women at the tomb and told them Jesus had risen; who am I?
289. I went early to the tomb and saw the stone rolled away; who am I?
290. Jesus took us with Him to the garden to pray, but we kept falling asleep.
291. I was the High Priest who accused Jesus and wanted Him dead; who am I?
292. I carried the cross for Jesus when He could no longer; who am I?
293. I anointed Jesus with expensive perfume; who am I?
294. I went with Joseph to bury Jesus in the tomb; who am I?
295. When Jesus was on the cross, He asked me to take care of His mother.
296. I saw Jesus after His resurrection on the road to Emmaus; who am I?
297. They brought Jesus to me for trial, but I found no guilt in Him; who am I?