“Cheers to the freaking weekend, I’ll drink to that yeah yeah, oh let the Jameson sink in I’ll drink to that, yeah yeah!” Raise your hand if you’re guilty of singing out loud and dancing to this song every time you’re drinking with your friends or family, either indoors or at the club. Guilty huh? Guess we’ll plead guilty too, and we owe Rihanna one for giving us a song to vibe with as we sip our favorite drinks.
Alcohol is famous around the world for meetings, casual dinners, parties, and other gatherings. Different people have different tastes and preferences for alcohol. Which alcoholic drink do you prefer? Which one do you swear never to take again because it gave you the worst hangover?
Alcohol Trivia Questions and Answers
We know you love to enjoy a delicious meal and a cold beer or whiskey on those weekends with your friends and family. However, how much do you know about everything alcohol? We have compiled some alcohol trivia questions to help you learn more about the “fun part of life.”
How about you gather some of your friends, pour yourselves a drink, and see how much you know about your “favorite poison.”
1. Which cocktail is made from the combination of rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice?
2. Which country is home to the Pisco Sour cocktail?
3. The shape of modern champagne glasses is said to have derived from the mould of whose breasts?
4. Which type of cactus is distilled to create tequila?
5. Which spirit is added to Irish coffee?
6. The earliest evidence of alcohol production dates back to which period of history?
7. What are the 2 main ingredients in the drink called a Screwdriver?
8. If Budweiser is a lager, what term describes Guinness?
10. What does the wine term Spumante mean?
11. In which country would you find the Hawke’s Bay wine region?
12. The Manhattan cocktail, a blend of sweet vermouth and whisky, was first created by the mother of which famous politician?
13. Who is the god of wine according to Greek mythology?
14. From which drink did rapper Cardi B take her stage name?
15. What year was the first beer was sold in cans?
16. What does the beer abbreviation IPA stand for?
17. France has champagne and Italy has prosecco but what is the traditional Spanish sparkling wine called?
18. What is considered to be the oldest alcoholic beverage in the world?
19. In which year were bottled beers first sold?
20. What name could refer to a type of sherry glass in the UK, a 425ml beer glass in most Australian states, or a 285ml beer glass in South Australia?
21. In which countries do people often associate cognac?
22. What is mead’s main ingredient?
23. And which berry is used to make gin?
24. Gin was originally used for which purposes?
25. Which country does the beer Chang originate from?
26. What name is given to rough, dry and often strong cider brewed particularly in the West Country of England?
27. What is the official alcoholic beverage of the United States?
28. Southern Comfort is flavored with which fruit?
29. Scotch and Irish are most famously variants of which spirit?
30. Which country was the first to set 21 as the legal age for drinking?
31. Which country is the origin of the drink sake?
32. Which rum-based Caribbean spirit shares its name with a Californian beach?
33. UK guidance recommends no more than 14 units of alcohol a week. What’s a unit?
34. What is the specific name of the plug used to seal a wine barrel?
35. Which fortified wine is the town of Jerez in Spain famous for?
36. How long does it take the body to break down a unit of alcohol?
37. Ernest Hemingway has 4 ingredients: orange juice, cranberry juice, and two alcoholic ingredients. What are the alcoholic ingredients?
38. What are the two main ingredients of a Snakebite?
39. Which Mexican beer brewery shares its name with a deadly virus?
40. The first corkscrew in the work was patented in what year?
41. Which country is home to the beer Victoria Bitter?
42. Which toolbox item gives its name to a cocktail of vodka and orange juice?
43. The earliest evidence of alcohol production dates back to which period of history?
44. Cointreau and Grand Marnier share the same base flavor, what is it?
45. What makes a White Russian white?
46. Which grape is the most produced wine in Argentina?
47. What did Dom Perignon invent in the 17th century?
48. Which popular cocktail is made using these ingredients: tequila, vodka, light rum, orange liqueur and cola?
49. In which country would you find the wine regions of Stellenbosch and Swartland?
50. The first distillation of alcohol occurred from 500 to 400 BCE in which country?
51. What are Amarillo, Cascade, Fuggle, and Goldings all varieties of?
52. Which country is home to rice wine, sake?
53. Pulque, which is an alcoholic drink produced from fermented agave, is a part of what civilization in Central and South America?
54. Which country has the highest global consumption of beer?
55. Which drink is often described as having a body, legs, and nose and could also be flabby or fleshy?
56. Which of the following companies registered the first alcoholic trademark?
57. Stellenbosch and Swartland are wine-growing regions in which country?
58. Complete this quote attributed to Winston Churchill when Lady Astor chided him for being drunk: “Well you, Madam, are ugly. In the morning…“
59. In 2018, the world’s oldest brewery was discovered in a cave in which country?
60. Which Italian region is the source of Marsala wine?
61. What sort of vessel did England cricketer Andrew Flintoff infamously fall off after a drinking spree in the Caribbean in 2007?
62. Where was the first evidence of wine production discovered?
63. Which cherry-flavored soda turned 100 years old in 2017?
64. Typically involving tasks such as balancing on one leg and walking nine steps heel to toe in a straight line, FST stands for Field… what?
65. “Basically, I am for anything that gets you through the night – be it prayer, tranquillizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel’s”? Which actor said that?
66. Which U.S. best-selling wine is often referred to as “over-oaked” and “not food-friendly”?
67. Which communal living animals often get so drunk from fermented nectar that they have mid-air collisions or cannot find their way home?
68.In the 17th century, which type of wine was used to replace mercury in thermometers?
69. Where in California is the Wente Winery located?
70. Which British football club director and celebrity cook may have had a few sharpeners when she came out at halftime during her side’s defeat to Manchester City and implored the crowd “Where are you? Let’s be having you? We need a twelfth man out here”?
71. “An alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor”? Who said that?
72. Anheuser-Busch Brewery had its headquarters in which U.S. city?
73. Which American author and drinker said “Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.“
74. Brewing methods took place first from which civilization?
75. Clydesdale horses were originally used to sell which beer?
76. Which major winning golfer, once arrested outside Hooters, has a cocktail of iced tea, vodka and lemonade named after him?
78. Which of the following counties first produced sparkling wine for commercial purposes?
79. Which Pennsylvania town is the birthplace of “Rolling Rock Beer”?
80. How does this Frank Sinatra quotation end: “I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning…“
81. Gin, a type of distilled alcoholic beverage, was originally used for which purposes?
82. Miller Brewing Company featured what bird in its trademark?
83. Which city suffered The Great Beer Flood of 1814?
84. The Prohibition, a nationwide ban on the production, sale, and importation of alcoholic drinks, was effective for how many years?
85. The grape varietal Tempranillo made what wine-producing country famous?
86. Beer is the most popular alcoholic drink in the world. Water and which other non-alcoholic drink are the only more widely-consumed beverages?
87. According to the Christian Bible, Jesus Christ turned water into wine in which occasion?
88. Who was the inventor of Coca-Cola?
89. Cascade, Amarillo, Fuggle, and Goldings are varieties of what?
90. Throughout history, beer was often consumed by sailors to prevent which illness?
91. What type of dog is on the label of “Red Dog” beer?
92. In which month does most of Oktoberfest typically take place?
93. Which leading brewer established an offshoot firm which later became one of the largest industrial ceramic manufacturers in the world?
94. Where is Red Stripe beer brewed?
95. And which central European country consumes the most beer per capita?
96. Which brewer has a lease of up to 9000 years on its brewing facilities?
97. What is a white wine blended from two different kinds of grapes called?
98. What name is given to the game where competitors attempt to bounce a table tennis ball into their opponents’ cups?
99. Which of the following drinks was named after a popular hoax in the 19th century?
100. Earl Grey tea is blended with oil extracted from what fruit?
101. To the nearest thousand, how many years B.C. was beer first brewed in China?
102. Who is the first US president to brew his own beer in the White House?
103. What is the meaning of “caipirinha”?
104. In addition to being brewers, what is the occupation of the producers of Trappist beers such as Chimay?
105. Who is often considered to be the patron saint of brewing?
106. In what year was Diet Coke first introduced?
107. True or False? The National Anthem of the USA was written to the tune of a drinking song.
108. The only commercial endorsement of Ernest Hemingway in 1951 was for which alcoholic brand?
109. In 1865, what did Mariani wine contain?
110. True or False? Kim Jong-un employs hundreds of people to crush grapes with their feet for his personal wine.
111. According to “The Code of Hammurabi” in ancient Babylonia, what would happen when a merchant attempts to dilute beer?
112. What is added to gin to make “pink gin”?
113. True or False? It is illegal to give alcohol to moose in Alaska.
114. What did Johnnie Walker originally do before he started selling whiskey?
115. Burgundy is famous for what two grape varietals?
116. True or False? If you leave milk out of the fridge too long, it turns to alcohol.
117. Which empire was mostly attributed to the international production and commercialization of alcoholic drinks?
118. What is the Czech word for beer?
119. True or False? In Ancient Babylon, watering down beer was punishable by death.
120. Which citrus is used in an Old Fashioned?
121. Which beer is from the “land of sky blue waters”?
122. True or False? Sea Turtles often get drunk by eating fermented coral.
123. What does James Bond take “shaken, not stirred”?
124. What company did Frito-Lay merge with in 1965?
125. True or False? Until 2011, alcoholic drinks that were less than 10% ABV were not counted as alcohol in Russia.
126. Which drink is nicknamed “the green fairy?”
127. Which red wine varietal is nicknamed the “King of Grapes”?
128. True or False? In 1964, Yuri Gagarin became the first person in history to drink a beer in space.
129. What is a G&T?
130. Which cereal grain is the most commonly used in beer?
131. True or False? It takes an average of 60 grapes to produce a bottle of wine.
132. What type of drink is Tinto de Verano in Spain?
133. Which wine is released annually on the third Thursday in November?
134. True or False? The freezing point of vodka is -27C.
135. What is a Cerveza in Spanish?
136. Where is the Coors Brewing Company located?
137. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, was whose advertising slogan?
138. Which country is the largest producer of wine in the world?
139. What is the most well-known product of the Champagne region?
140. What flavors the liquor Chambord?
141. Which one of these cocktails was invented during WWI?
142. Curacao is made from what dried peel?
143. The Munich beer festival is held during what month?
144. In which city was Sazerac invented?
145. Lone Star is the official beer of which U.S. state?
146. Caipirina means someone’s drink, but whose drink?
147. What type of wine is the French region of Bordeaux mainly famous for?
148. How alcohol affects the human brain?
149. There is banana, crème de menthe, and what in a Horney Monkey?
150. Chivas Regal is an Irish whiskey. True or False?
151. According to the 2015 Survey, How much percentage of adults found having drink alcohol?
152. In February 1990, 160 million bottles of what was recalled Perrier for what reason?
153. Sangria is a drink that originated in the Iberian Peninsula. True or False?
154. What kind of neurotransmitter does Alcohol release in the brain For pleasure and satisfaction?
155. What whisky brand was advertised with two terrier dogs?
156. Beer is made from Barley. True or False?
157. Men consume more alcohol than women, Is it true?
158. What US state drinks the most alcohol per person?
159. Champagne is also the name of a French Region. True or False?
160. Cocktail Umbrella Contained hidden scrolls of what?
161. In their lifetime, the average Britain consumes 14,571 what?
162. Guinness was invented in Australia. True or False?
163. The cocktail popular in England in the 17th century named?
164. Pulque is a beer made from what?
165. The national drink of Scotland is gin. True or False?
166. What was the shape of the “Atomic Cocktail” bottle?
167. What is Calvados?
168. Cuffs and Buttons was a cocktail in the 19th century, but what is it now?
169. Who invented the “Absinthe and Champagne” cocktail?
170. In brewing what do the initials OG stand for?
171. Vimto is a popular drink in Manchester, UK. True or False
172. What was the name of the cocktail named after the pilot of US Airways Flight 1549?
173. Which company makes Olympia beer?
174. Which country does Mojito come from?
175. What main Components founds in Alcoholic Drinks?
176. What cocktail is made with white cream de menthe and brandy?
177. Which cocktail was named after a New York City neighborhood?
178. What is the General formula Of Alcohol?
179. In which country was the Aperol Spritz invented?
180. In which country can you find the wine region of the Barossa Valley?
181. The term alcohol originally referred to the word?
182. Which Increases the validity of wines?
183. Which is the oldest alcoholic drink in the world?
184. What was the use of Alcohol using at the beginning of age?
185. Beer is brewed from?
186. Which beer has the highest alcohol content?
187. Name the flower that gives beer its bitter taste.
188. How beer is brewed?
189. What is the technical name for “Brewer’s Yeast?”
190. What is the Code of Hammurabi?
191. Name the oldest brewery in the world.
192. The earliest archaeological evidence of fermentation consists of how many years old residues of a beer?
193. Whats is the name of amber liquid extracted from malted barley?
194. Earliest clear chemical evidence of beer produced from barley dates to about?
195. Name the thing that must be kept steady to protect the flavor of beer.
196. Beer is recorded in the written history of?
197. Lagers are ideally meant to be drunk at what temperature in Fahrenheit?
198. Archaeologists speculate that beer was instrumental in the formation of?
199. Pilsner originated from?
200. In which country did each worker get a daily ration of four to five liters of beer?
201. Beer contains which vitamin?
202. Fermented drink using rice and fruit was made in which country around 7000 BC?
203. The thickness of beer in your mouth can be referred to as?
204. Who noted that during his travels, beer was being produced in Armenia?
205. Do you know how long do ales take to ferment?
206. Beer was spread through Europe by?
207. What is carbonation?
208. Beer in the United States is manufactured by how many breweries?
209. Which one of the following is not one of the top five beer-producing nations? Turkey, USA, China, and Germany
210. In 2012, United States produced how many barrels of beer?
211. Which civilization is credited as the first to brew beer?
212. How many gallons do US people consume per capita annually?
213. Stouts and barley-wines be consumed in which type of glasses?
214. The most common style of beer produced by the big breweries is?
215. How many different versions of Guinness exist?
216. The first commercial brewery in the United States was built by?
217. How many gallons of beer make up a keg?
218. Steam beer, the first uniquely American beer style, evolved in the?
219. The use of hops is dated as early as which year?
220. Name the oldest operating brewing company in the United States?
221. The origin of Alcoholism is still unknown. True or False?
222. One of the earliest large-scale brewers was?
223. What is NIAAA?
224. When was the prohibition era in the US?
225. Alcoholism is treatable. Yes or No?
226. Who discovered an underground brewery during the Prohibition era in the US?
227. Beer color is determined by?
228. Which were the top three beer companies in the US in 20216?
229. The most common beer color is?
230. What is Malt liquor?
231. Beer is measured and assessed by its?
232. Which state is home to the most popular beer brands?
233. Who considered beer as an inferior beverage?
234. Drinking stout could help to fight which disease?
235. Who were the first brewers in Egypt?
236. How many styles of beer are there?
237. On June 22, 1977, who secured a Guinness World Record for drinking 1 liter of beer in 1.3s?
238. The US celebrates its National Beer Day on which date of April?
239. Which country prohibits drinking in commercials?
240. Who produces high-quality premium beers in the world?
241. John Evans bagged a Guinness World Record in June 2010 for stacking how many pints of beer in his head?
242. Beer is as old as?
243. Who holds the record of most pints of beer stacked on his head?
244. The earliest evidence of beer making was found in?
246. The biggest glass of beer contained how many liters?
247. Every year, the US generates profits of over how many billion dollars from beer alone?
248. What is Cenosillicaphobia?
249. Which city is the biggest producer of beer, in the U.S?
250. IBU stands for?
251. When was Beer pong invented?
252. Kriek is a variety of beer brewed with?
253. How much does the most expensive beer cost?
254. Which beers are usually top-fermented?
255. Which is the most expensive beer?
256. Flower of the hop vine is used for what in beer?
257. Which government gives beer to alcoholic people, as incentives?
258. The process of making beer is called?
259. Japan has different beer festivals. Name them?
260. What is Schlenkerla?
261. Who celebrates the Lan Kwai Fong Music and Beer Fest every April?
262. Zythology is the study of?
263. Which largest craft breweries manufacture Indian Pale lager?
264. Oenology’ is the study of?
265. For ales, the ideal storage temperature is between?
264. Which country has the most individual brands of beer?
265. Lagers should be stored between?
266. Which of the following were serious about brewing? Greek, Egyptians, Babylonians
267. Drinking beer reduces the risk of?
268. Who accounts for almost a third of worldwide sales of nonalcoholic and alcohol-free beer?
269. China’s annual consumption of beer averages at?
270. Other names of low alcohol beer are?
271. Which are the two major categories of beer?
272. Most of the low-alcohol beers are?
273. Most successful beer brands offer?
274. At the end of 2017, the number of licensed breweries increased up to?
275. Name some iconic beers which are made in the Pilsner style?
276. In 1983, how many licensed breweries were in the United States?
277. Which is a non-mechanized method of making beer?
278. Moderate alcohol consumption increases?
279. Commercial beers are known as?
280. Drinking too much beer will increase?
281. Beer intake protects the body against?
282. What is the original meaning of the word “whisky” in Classical Gaelic?
283. The minimum ageing time of most Bourbon whiskey is?
284. Which part of the population in Europe created the earliest types of whisky?
285. In the early stages of production, whisky is basically similar to which type of alcoholic drink?
286. What is the benefit of blended Scotch whisky over single-malt Scotch whisky?
287. What is the minimum alcohol content in most whiskies?
288. Scotch whisky is often distilled in a container constructed from?
289. What does a whisky neat mean?
290. What was the most popular kind of whisky in the US before the Prohibition?
291. Which ingredient accounts for up to 51% of Bourbon whisky?
292. An angle’s share means?
293. Bourbon whisky is originated from which country?
294. Which type of whiskey is often placed in a single pot still?
295. What do we call ground malt barley?
296. What occurs during the malting process?
297. Which of the following names is not a blended whisky brand? Pig’s Nose, Yer Maw, Hannkey Bannister
298. When whisky leaves the cask right after ageing, how strong is it?
299. To distill whisky, you first need to make which kind of alcoholic drink?
300. Whisky is believed to have been distilled first in which country?