Indeed, the world has become a global village, thanks to the internet we can all stay connected by a simple tap. Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft are the most powerful American companies dominating the global digital market.
How good are you with American trivia? Did you know that the U.S. is one of the most attractive countries in the world, with more than 77 million tourists per year? While the rest of the world has Soccer, Baseball is America’s pastime, with Americans cheering their favorite team during the warm spring season.
American Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Thanksgiving is one of the biggest holidays of the year in America. Do you know that 45 million turkeys are eaten that day each year? Talking of food, the fast-food still dominates large tracts of the culinary landscape and has given rise to such intellectually stimulating phrases as, “Supersize it!” or “Where’s the beef?”
How versed are you with the American culture? Americans give tips generously, 15% to 20% in restaurants is the norm, given that minimum wage is low, and tipping makes up for this. The land of weird and wonderful festivals, everything worth enjoying.
We have come up with a list of American Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers to help you learn exciting and informative things you had no idea about. Check them out!
1. Which American President do people commemorate on National Freedom Day?
2. What U.S. President’s motto was “the buck stops here”?
3. The US fought the war of 1812 against which country?
4. Who was elected as the 12th President of the United States?
5. What animal is on the state flag of California?
6. California became the state on which year?
7. How did President Zachary Taylor die?
8. Who is the head of the executive branch of the U.S. Government?
9. Who was the first US president live in the white house?
10. How many American Presidents were single children?
11. In which U.S. state will you find the cities of Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie and Gillette?
12. Do you know the meaning of colors of the American flag?
13. Which President had his sister as the First Lady?
14. Which U.S. state has “Aloha State” as its nickname?
15. Who was the first President in American History to declare war?
16. Which widely used phrase of affirmation was coined by President Martin Van Buren?
17. Herbert Hoover became well known when he organized relief efforts for what country after World War I?
18. 3 US presidents’ death anniversaries are 4th Do you know remember the name of those 3 presidents?
19. What were Abraham Lincoln’s false teeth made of?
20. President Jimmy Carter was a member of what branch of the U.S. military?
21. The community of Seward Alaska celebrates the fourth of July differently, what do they do?
22. Which American President was polyglot and ambidextrous?
24. Which President had fake dentures made from the teeth of slaves?
25. Who is the only President to have a Ph.D.?
26. Springfield is the capital of which state?
27. Which President has two Grammy awards?
28. In what U.S. city is South Beach located?
29. Swamp Fox was another name of which American Revolutionary war general?
30. How did Richard Nixon fund his political campaign?
31. In US founding fathers called to which leaders?
32. In which language did President Hoover talk to his wife to protect their privacy?
34. In 1790 what was the population of the US?
35. Which city is home to the most billionaires in the world?
36. Charleston is the capital of which U.S. state?
37. Which state forgot to ratify itself as an official state?
38. The acronym NAFTA stand for North American what?
39. What has happened in the Wall Street crash of 1929?
40. Which is the smallest state in America?
41. The main focus of the “Know-Nothing” party was on which issue?
42. Where is Mount Rushmore located?
43. Which river forms the easternmost boundary of Iowa?
44. The USA first subway line was open in which city and in which year?
45. Which two countries does the US share national borders with?
46. Which lake that shares its name with a U.S. state borders Wisconsin?
47. Women’s rights movement leading by which famous lady?
48. Which is the second-largest city in the United States?
49. On Jan. 16, 1920, what began in the United States as the 18th Amendment?
50. The very first Olympics in the USA hosted by which city?
51. Name the highest mountain in the US?
53. The oldest higher learning institute in the USA?
54. What is special about Badwater Basin?
55. Which is the hottest place in the US?
56. Who was George H. W. Bush’s Vice President?
57. In the US constitution, what is the first amendment?
58. Name the highest waterfalls in the continental US?
59. What worldwide retailer is based in Arkansas?
60. President John F. Kennedy die in which city?
61. Which town in the US has just one resident?
62. What U.S. President started the Social Security Administration?
63. What is Thor’s Well?
64. What river is Washington, D.C. located on?
65. What was the name of Franklin Roosevelt’s wife?
66. Where is the largest underwater lake in the US located?
67. In what movie theater was Lee Harvey Oswald arrested following the assassination of JFK?
68. Which is the largest living organism on Earth?
69. Juneau is the capital city of which U.S. state?
70. On May 4, 1970, which college 4 students were killed during anti-war demonstrations?
71. Where is the deepest lake in the US located?
72. Which U.S. state has “Garden State” as its nickname?
73. Who was the first American president who resigned?
74. Which is the tallest mountain in the world (counting height below sea level)?
75. In which Olympics games and in which year Terrorists murder 11 Israeli athletes and coaches?
76. Who was the first American to know about Joseph Stalin’s death?
77. Who was the first American to win a Nobel Prize?
78. While complaining for president which governor from Southern State shot and paralyzed in 1972?
79. When did the Founding Fathers sign the Declaration of Independence?
80. In 1978 what was the reason behind the evacuation of Niagara Falls, NY residents?
81. To which US state would we need to travel to see the Statue of Liberty?
82. Which country gifted the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
83. On March 28, 1979, which nuclear power plant had a radioactive leak?
84. Which city is called the Windy City?
85. Before there was the United States of America, there were colonies owned by Great Britain. How many of these colonies were there?
86. What is the Afghan War Diary?
87. The US supreme court legalized abortion on which date?
88. Who was responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings?
89. What state should I visit to see a place where people lived inside cliffs?
90. Santa Maria is the name of what?
91. Who infamously leaked surveillance information from the National Security Agency in 2013?
92. What was the reason behind the migration of England pilgrims to America?
93. The death of which martyrs sparked the historic #BlackLivesMatters movement?
94. What president succeeded Abraham Lincoln when he was assassinated?
96. How many US Presidents have been assassinated?
97. Who won the Revolutionary War?
98. Whose raid on Harper’s Ferry led to further tensions before the war?
99. Which Founding Father inspired a blockbuster Broadway show?
100. In what city was the Declaration of Independence signed?
101. The name of “His Airness” who dazzled the NBA from 1984-2003 and won six championships in only eight years?
103. At what point in history did the US Government poison alcohol?
104. English Language become the national language of America on which year?
105. Who is the first person to appear on US currency?
106. For how much money did Russia sell Alaska to the United States for?
107. What is the Second Smallest State by area in the United States?
108. Which two states do not practice Daylight Savings?
109. Before America was apparently discovered by Columbus who lived there?
110. Which is the only native spirit of the USA as declared by the Congress in 1964?
111. When did the Centralia Mine Fires start burning?
112. In 1620 which people came to the United States from England and later celebrated the first Thanksgiving?
113. When did Alabama repeal laws against the marriage of interracial couples?
114. How many acres of national parks are there in the United States?
115. The first English settlement in the New World failed miserably. What was the colony that they set up called?
116. How many copies of the Declaration of Independence exist today?
117. Who primarily directed the 1939 musical film ‘The Wizard of Oz’?
118. What is the tallest mountain in the United States?
119. Who played Elizabeth in the 1950s TV Series ‘Life with Elizabeth’?
120. Which country did NOT send explorers to America before it became the United States?
121. Which is the tallest building in USA?
122. On which show did the last TV advertisement for traditional cigarettes air and when?
123. Who is given credit for the invention of the light bulb?
124. Which famous American actor and screenwriter found his start as a martial teacher?
125. Where was General Custer’s last stand?
126. What is the national Seal of the United States?
127. Which American songwriter could only play the piano in the key of F sharp?
128. Robert E. Lee had four horses; which of the following is the name of one of them?
129. Where was Sweet Betsy from the American ballad ‘Sweet Betsy’ originally from?
130. What is the national bird of the US?
131. Which American artist has all four of the biggest albums on the Billboard 2oo dating back to 2016?
132. What is the national mammal of the USA?
133. Which is the most popular television show in history?
134. The city where a famous “Tea Party” happened?
135. What is the National march of the US?
136. Which movie was Walt Disney’s favorite film?
137. What is the national Tree of the United States?
138. What is superstar Tom Cruise’s real name?
139. Against which wrong was Henry Highland Garnet a committed fighter in the 1800s?
140. What is the national motto of the United States?
141. What is Chester Arthur Burnett, better known as?
142. What is the national Rose of the United States?
143. Which US film was the first to feature the flush of a toilet?
144. Which of these men was a legendary outlaw who roamed the New Mexico territory in the 1800s?
145. Which was the first Marvel superhero?
146. Who won the Battle of the Alamo?
147. Who plays Captain America in the ‘Marvel Cinematic Universe’?
148. Which neighborhood does Spiderman belong to?
149. The name of the man who served as the President of the United States and the President of the Screen Actors Guild?
150. What is the name of the federal prison located on an island in San Francisco Bay?
151. In Newark it’s illegal to sell what after 6pm unless a Doctors note is shown?
152. Where did the show “The Wire” take place?
153. Which ocean borders the East Coast of the US?
154. According to a survey, what is the U.S. top family food?
155. Family guy took place in which state?
156. How many cans of soda does the average American consumes in a year?
157. What is California’s biggest fault?
158. Which American drama first reacted to 9/11?
159. The top United States food consumption days are Xmas, Thanksgiving, and what?
160. What was the last state to join the US?
161. What is the oldest soft drink in the US?
162. Which state is the Sunshine State?
163. Who was the youngest male winner of American Idol?
164. What was invented in the 1800s and sold as a diarrhea cure?
165. What sports game featured the first TV advertisement?
166. What American food did Charles Jung invent?
167. What were the 13 states that initially formed the USA?
168. The American crime drama “Narcos” was filmed and set in which city?
169. If you ordered an Omelet Arnold Bennett, what fish would you find in it?
170. Who won Jeopardy in 2004 and took home 2.5 million dollars?
171. Which city in New Mexico hosts the International Balloon Fiesta?
172. What is the USA’s favorite flavor of ice cream?
173. When did the children’s show Sesame Street first started airing on PBS?
174. Des Moines is the capital of which state?
175. New Orleans is famous for a dish that incorporates French, Spanish, and Caribbean influences – what is this dish called?
176. What is New York City’s nickname?
177. Which famous TV series featured a reference or picture of Superman in every episode?
178. What is the national alcoholic drink of the USA?
179. Which city was Obama born in?
180. Where was the cheeseburger born?
181. Samantha twitched her nose for magic practice in which TV drama?
182. The state of Georgia is the 3rd largest producer of which fruit?
183. In which city is located the Southernmost Point in the continental US?
184. What is the name of the monkey who belongs to Marcel in “Friends”?
185. What is the iconic meal often found in Chicago?
186. What was the first National Park in the US?
187. What is the last name of the leading family characters in The Cosby Show?
188. What is the most frequently ordered item of food in the USA?
189. In which state is Yosemite National Park located?
190. Which TV series uses the song Second Time Around as their theme song?
191. What the official state pie of Florida?
192. Which state was Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) from?
193. In the first episodes of Friends, Monica and Rachel live in what apartment number?
194. How many US states have adopted a fruit pie as their official state dish?
195. Which popular US dish features a sauce made from sausage dripping, flour, and milk?
196. In which city is Graceland (Elvis Presley home)?
197. Who composed the iconic music theme of ABC news?
198. Which city in Germany gives its name to one of the USA’s favorite foods?
199. In which city is Celine Dion usually performing?
200. Which alcoholic drink is spelled with an ‘e’ in the USA and Ireland, but without one in the rest of the world?
201. What color costume did Jeannie’s sister wear in “I Dream of Jeannie”?
202. Parka, trench, bomber and pea are types of what winter outerwear?
203. What is the most frequently ordered item at seafood restaurants?
204. What type of headgear is a “Stetson”?
205. What does Stewie Griffin Say?
206. How much does the average Thanksgiving turkey weigh?
207. Which “Project Runway” judge once worked in public relations for Perry Ellis?
208. What actress was never nude in any Sex and the City scenes?
209. California is notable during Thanksgiving for what reason?
211. What season of Breaking Bad featured a flustered pizza toss by Walter?
212. How many green bean casseroles are thought to be made every Thanksgiving?
213. According to the book and movie titles, what designer line does the devil wear?
214. The name of the first soap opera that aired in 1956 on CBS is what?
215. How long did the first-ever Thanksgiving celebration last?
216. Which American boot maker was founded in Natick, Massachusetts in 1883?
217. What is the name of the character who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
218. Which meat was served at the first Thanksgiving dinner?
219. What fashion fad did the 1983 film “Flashdance” make popular?
220. Who made Thanksgiving an official holiday?
221. Which TV show included the first inter-racial kissing scene on air?
222. For the fashion label “DKNY”, the initials stand for what?
223. What is the name of the Native American tribe who celebrated the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims?
224. What color of disco suit did John Travolta originally want for “Saturday Night Fever”?
225. Jack Bauer killed how many people in 192 hours?
226. Which president was the first to pardon a turkey?
227. In the teen fashion world, what is “Hard Candy”?
228. Who had a girlfriend named Gina in “Martin”?
229. What clothing line did a young Brad Pitt model for?
230. What group consists of Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles?
231. How many pilgrims were at the first Thanksgiving dinner?
232. Dolce & Gabbana’s Domenico Dolce got his start in whose clothing factory?
233. Which actor who starred in Seinfeld also voice-acted in The Hunchback of Notre Dame as Hugo’s voice?
234. Which item of cutlery was only invented 10 years after the first Thanksgiving?
235. Friends of Mine was the original title of what sitcom show?
236. How do most Thanksgiving parades conclude?
237. Polo, Chaps and Club Monaco are all divisions of what company?
238. Where did Laverne & Shirley live?
239. What does cornucopia mean?
240. Which music mogul was involved in creating RocaWear?
241. In My Two Dads, what were the dad’s names?
242. How many feathers does a fully-grown turkey have?
243. According to the commercial, what is the “fabric of our lives”?
244. How many episodes did Happy Days have?
246. Which popular fast food beverage used to contain whiskey and egg whites?
247. Most pairs of jeans come with five of what?
248. What is the title of the final episode of M*A*S*H?
249. How many fast-food restaurants are there in the USA?
250. Dream On first aired on what cable channel?
251. Taylor Swift grew up on what type of farm?
252. Who was president during the setting of Laverne & Shirley?
253. What great construction is located near near Boulder City, Nevada?
254. What are Shovelhead, Knucklehead, and Panhead ?
255. What record-breaking amount of Emmys did the Mary Tyler Moore show win?
256. John F Kennedy was baptized as JFFK. What was the other F for?
257. Bill Clinton served as governor of which American state?
258. The Salvador Dali museum is located in what city?
259. What sitcom based itself on an older show called Love American Style?
260. Goofy started life as who?
261. What was the name of the Fox in Walt Disney’s Pinocchio?
262. Who else did Ted Cassidy play in The Addams Family?
263. What building did James Hoban design?
264. Who was the first female African-American secretary of state?
265. What actress played Janet Treago, the bank secretary in The Beverly Hillbillies?
266. In 1951, who said “I married beneath me – All women do”?
267. What character on Friends often yells, “We were on a break”?
268. Lexus is the favorite luxury car according to who?
269. Eighteen percent of Americans put who in their will?
270. In the Andy Griffith Show, Barney Fife keeps what in his shirt pocket?
271. What is a Belly Shover in Biker Slang?
272. Which American Indian tribe has over 300,000 members?
273. Which character in The Office becomes a fugitive in the final season?
274. Who were the original customers of UPS?
275. Who wore fake teeth when filming Full House?
276. Forty one percent of U.S. women believe that what nationality men make the best husbands?
277. What actress lied about her age to get a part in That ’70s Show?
278. The average American reads the newspaper for how long each day?
279. The code name for the American landings in Morocco in 1942 was what?
280. Steve Urkel from Family Matters made a guest appearance on what sitcom?
281. The Cannon airport serves what city?
282. Arizona’s state tree is really a legume with what name?
283. A northerner, Dan Emmett, wrote what southern song?
284. In Boy Meets World, how many actors played Topanga’s parents?
285. In America, on which holiday are the most collect calls reversed?
286. Where is Cheers set?
287. What horrible thing happens every 45 seconds in America?
288. The Society of Friends is an organization better known as the what?
289. Which comic book featured the title character from Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
290. Who owns the Audi car company?
291. What nickname do the M*A*S*H characters give the tent quarters for the senior surgical staff members?
292. What is the second most common language spoken in American homes?
293. Who has selective mutism in The Big Bang Theory?
294. Fidelity Bravery Integrity is which organizations motto?
295. Calvin Kline’s Obsession is manufactured by who?
296. Who has a bed-wetting problem as a child in Everybody Loves Raymond?
297. Other than in their homes and their jobs, where do most U.S. citizens spend the most time?
298. From a survey taken in 1988, 12 million Americans didn’t know that Washington DC was the what?
299. What is the name of Michael Fox’s character in Family Ties?
300. ORD are the identification letters for which American airport?