Several things in life come in twos, and no, not that pair of socks that you just thought of, in this case, we are talking about Christianity and the Bible. If you are a staunch Christian, then your Bible is your “other sock.” You ought to know the Bible well and what you’re expected to do and live like as a Christian. So, when was the last time you made time for the Holy Book?
Reading the Bible doesn’t have to feel like a boring and extremely serious process. It can be fun if you engage different styles, for instance, adults can join a Bible study group, and the kids can also join Sunday school classes so that they also grow in their faith. The whole family ought to nurture its faith, right?
Bible Trivia – Hard and Easy Quizzes Suitable For Both Kids & Adults
In what city was Jesus born? That’s so easy, right? On which day of the year could the High Priest enter the Holiest Place, the innermost part of the temple where the covenant box was kept? Now this one got you thinking where your Bible is, huh?
What better way to learn about God with your loved ones than through Bible Trivia Questions? We have compiled some questions that will help you know what God wants from you as a Christian and connect on Bible knowledge.
You are confident about the knowledge you have of the Good Book? Let’s put that to the test with these amazing Bible trivia questions. Trivia rules remain the same, ensure no one cheats, it’ll be more fun!
Related Posts: Religion Trivia Questions and Answers
1. In what city was Jesus born?
2. True or False: The Bible is the most popular book ever written. (by copies sold)
3. When Samuel picked David as king, God reminded us that while people look at the outward appearance, what does God look at?
4. How many books are in the New Testament?
5. What is the first book in the Bible?
6. What is the last book of the Old Testament?
7. What type of insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
8. How many days did God take to create the world?
9. How many times did God call out to young Samuel in the night as he was lying down in the house of the Lord?
10. Who were the first apostles called to follow Jesus?
11. Who was the first man?
12. After Jesus was baptized, God said, “This is my son, whom I _____.”
13. How many people did Jesus feed with five loaves of bread and two fish?
14. Who was the first woman?
15. What instrument did David play?
16. After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him three times?
17. Where did Adam and Eve live at the beginning of the world?
18. Finish this verse from 1 Thessalonians: Pray without ______.
19. Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the Temple as a baby?
20. Who were the three sons of Adam & Eve listed in the Bible?
21. After Noah got off the boat, what sign did God give to showed his promise to never flood the world again?
22. Who asked Pilate for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion?
23. Who did God tell to build an ark?
24. How many days and nights did Jesus fast?
25. Paul was shipwrecked on what island?
26. How many days and nights did it rain when Noah was on the ark?
27. Who was the first person to come upon the injured man in the parable of the Good Samaritan?
28. What is the shortest book in the New Testament?
29. How many brothers did Joseph have?
30. Finish this verse: “In addition to all this, take up your shield of _____, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
31. Who is the author of the Book of Revelation?
32. What did Jacob give Joseph that sparked jealousy from his siblings?
33. Which New Testament book has Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount? Is it Hebrews, John, Revelation, or Matthew?
34. Matthew was a _________.
35. What did Joseph tell his brothers about his dreams that upset them?
36. How many times does the Bible mention the word “snow?”
37. To what city was Saul traveling when he encountered a great and blinding light?
38. How did Moses’ mother save him from the Egyptian soldiers?
39. What did King Solomon ask God to give him?
40. Finish this verse. “In every battle, you will need faith as your ______ to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.”
41. Through what did God speak to Moses in the desert?
42. What location does Jesus say to light a lamp for all to see?
43. Whose example does Paul say Christians should follow in Chapter 5 of Ephesians?
44. What did Moses say God commanded the Pharaoh to do?
45. How many days was Jonah in the belly of the big fish?
46. After Jesus fed 5,000+ people with two fish and five loaves of bread, how many baskets were left over?
47. How many plagues did God send on Egypt?
48. How was Ruth related to Naomi?
49. What does Paul say may “abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment?”
50. What was the final plague that convinced Pharaoh to let the slaves go?
51. Noah sent two birds from the ark — what were they?
52. What tribe is Paul from?
53. When Pharaoh changed his mind and sent his army after the slaves, where did they meet at?
54. In what languages were most of the Old Testament and New Testament given in?
55. According to the Beatitudes who will be filled?
56. What did God do through Moses to save the slaves?
57. Name one of the five books in the Bible that contain only one chapter: John, Titus, Habakkuk or Obadiah
58. What did Simon Peter do for a living before he becomes an apostle?
59. When the Egyptians tried to follow the Israelites through the Red Sea, what happened?
60. How much of his wealth did Zacchaeus give to the poor?
61. In the Gospel of Mark, how does the Virgin Mary learn of her pregnancy?
62. Where did God give Moses the Ten Commandments?
63. What will be the outcome of honoring your father and your mother?
64. Who is Stephen in Acts of the Apostles?
65. What golden image did the Israelites make at Mt. Sinai?
66. Fill in this blank: Two are better than one because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, _____ _____ can help him up.
67. By what name is Paul of Tarsus known before he begins his missionary activity?
68. Who was the first king of Israel?
69. To what city was Saul traveling when he saw a great light and Jesus asked, “Why do you persecute me?”
70. According to Paul’s formulation in 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
71. When Daniel prayed to God after it was not allowed, where was he thrown into?
72. What animal does Moses compare the people of Israel to when speaking to the Lord?
73. Who changed his name to Israel and why?
74. Who is the high priest of Jerusalem who put Jesus on trial?
75. Who was Jesus’ human mother?
76. In Luke, the woman cleans Jesus’ feet with what two things?
77. In the Gospel According to John, which of the apostles doubts Jesus’s resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
78. Who was Jesus’ adoptive father on Earth?
79. God told Moses not to come any closer to the burning bush until he did what?
80. According to Hebrews, God’s word is _____ and _____.
81. According to the Gospel of Matthew, where does Jesus’s first public sermon take place?
82. Who was Jesus’ birth father?
83. When Jesus died, what three things happened?
84. How does Judas signal Jesus’s identity to the Roman officials?
85. Name the city where Jesus was born.
86. What were the names of the twins who wrestled in their mother’s womb?
87. Who murdered John the Baptist?
88. True or False: Because Jesus was God, he didn’t obey his parents’ rules.
89. Which of the following is NOT part of the armor of God? Is it the belt of truth, shield of knowledge, sword of the Spirit, or helmet of salvation
90. When Christians observe Palm Sunday, what biblical narrative are they celebrating?
91. Who baptized Jesus?
92. What book of the Bible do you find Lydia of Thyatira’s story?
93. According to the Gospels, what is the unique literary genre Jesus employs to preach his message?
94. Who spoke from the sky when Jesus was baptized?
95. Where did Elijah meet with the prophets of Baal to prove that God is the one true God?
96. Which Gospel is most concerned with the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
97. What did God say when Jesus was baptized?
98. Where did Jesus grow up after returning from Egypt?
99. Who is the first apostle to deny Jesus?
100. Before Jesus started preaching, what was his job?
101. James 4 asks, “What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your _____ that battle within you? You want something but don’t get it.”
102. Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
103. True or False: Jesus turned water into Pepsi.
104. In which book of the Bible is this verse found: “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
105. What is the common name given to the first four books of the New Testament?
106. Name the place where Jesus walked on water?
107. What was Aaron doing while Moses was up getting the 10 Commandments?
108. Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
109. True or False: Jesus stayed away from people with bad reputations?
110. What does this name of God mean: Jehovah Rapha?
111. Who wrote the Acts of the Apostles?
112. True or False: Everywhere he went, people loved Jesus and believed his message?
113. What is the name commonly given to the first five books of the Old Testament?
114. Which book comes last in the New Testament?
115. How many disciples did Jesus choose?
116. In Revelation, Jesus says: “Do not be afraid. I am the ____ and the ____.”
117. What does the word gospel mean?
118. Besides preaching, name an activity Jesus did while traveling in Galilee
119. Where in the New Testament does it talk about the perseverance of Job?
120. Who was the king of Judea at the time of Jesus’ birth?
121. What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
122. What does Jesus say about judging others?
123. Which gospel records the fewest of the miracles performed by Jesus?
124. Why did Jesus weep in John 11:35?
125. “The _____ _____ of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools.”
126. In what water was Jesus baptized?
127. How much bread and fish did Jesus use to feed more than 5,000 people?
128. What were the two plagues that afflicted the Egyptians physically?
129. What miracle did Jesus perform at the marriage in Cana?
130. True or False: Jesus’ said washing hands is never important.
131. Fill in the blank: “In the same way, ______ are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.”
132. Who was the tax collector that climbed up a tree so he could see Jesus?
133. True or False: Jesus asked the children to stay back while he was teaching important things to grown-ups.
134. What did the mysterious hand write on the wall at King Belshazzar’s banquet?
135. Which two Old Testament characters appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration?
136. What did Jesus do at the Last Supper to his disciples?
137. Which of the following did Paul NOT mention that individual members of the church should bring when coming together in worship? Is it a hymn, a gift of leadership, a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation?
138. How did Jesus reveal the one who would betray him?
139. What did the woman pour on Jesus’ feet at the home of Simon the Leper?
140. How many of each animal did Moses bring into the Ark?
141. Where was Jesus crucified?
142. Name the disciple who betrayed Jesus.
143. What four books tell about Jesus’ life on Earth?
144. For how many days did Jesus appear to his disciples after his resurrection?
145. True or False: Jesus didn’t know that he was going to be arrested and killed in Jerusalem
146. Which book did Jesus directly write?
147. Who went with Paul on his first missionary journey?
148. What happened after Jesus was buried in the tomb?
149. What is the longest book in the Bible?
150. Paul and Silas were imprisoned during the second missionary journey, but in what city did this happen?
151. What was rolled away from the entrance of the tomb where Jesus was buried?
152. True or False: David wrote the entire book of Psalms.
153. During Paul’s third missionary journey, roughly for how long did he minister in the school of Tyrannus at Ephesus?
154. How many churches of Asia Minor were there?
155. What day of the week did Jesus rise back to life?
156. How many books are in the Bible?
157. On what island was John when he was given the vision of Revelation?
158. How did Jesus leave Earth and go to Heaven?
159. How many books are in the Old Testament?
160. In the New Jerusalem described in Revelation, what are the twelve gates made from?
161. How many books have the name John in them?
162. How many books are in the New Testament?
163. Why did Joseph take Mary and Baby Jesus to Egypt?
164. What is the 1st commandment?
165. Which NT book has Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount?
166. What was Jesus’ first miracle?
167. What is the 2nd commandment?
168. True or False: The Bible was first written in the English language?
169. As Jesus and His disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee in a boat, a big storm arose. Jesus rebuked the wind and waves and the storm disappeared. What was Jesus doing when the storm arose?
170. What is the 3rd commandment?
171. Which human author wrote the most books?
172. On Good Friday, Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate for trial. Why did Pontius Pilate condemn Jesus to death?
173. What is the 4th commandment?
174. Which human author wrote the most words in the Bible?
175. In which Gospel did Jesus say and quote: “Everything is possible for one who believes.”?
176. What is the 5th commandment?
177. What was most likely the first Gospel written?
178. What is John the baptizer’s father’s name?
179. What was the name of the first Christian who was stoned to death?
180. What is the 6th commandment?
181. What was most likely the last Gospel written?
182. Which wood has been used by Noah to build the ark?
183. What is the 7th commandment?
184. What was most likely the first of Paul’s letters written?
185. How did Jesus die?
186. What is the 8th commandment?
187. How many days did God take to create the world?
188. Who gave Jesus gifts when he was born?
189. What is the 9th commandment?
190. What day did God create man?
191. Who are the religious leaders who continually tried to trap Jesus with their questions?
192. What is the 10th commandment?
193. Who were Noah’s three sons?
194. What did Jesus do for Lazarus?
195. What does Jesus say is the first and greatest commandment?
196. How many people were saved on the ark?
197. What job did Jesus’ earthly father, Joseph, do?
198. What does Jesus say is the second greatest commandment?
199. What were men trying to do at the Tower of Babel?
200. What happened to Jesus after the resurrection?
201. Which book did David write most of?
202. Who did God call out of Ur to move to Canaan?
203. What did the Holy Spirit look like when the disciples received it?
204. How did the 12 brothers get rid of Joseph?
205. Who was Abram’s wife?
206. Who went on missionary journeys to preach to the Gentiles?
207. What did Joseph’s brothers tell their father had happened to him?
208. Even though Abram and Sarah were too old, what did God promise them?
209. How did Paul escape from Damascus?
210. Where did the slave traders take Joseph?
211. When God showed Abram the stars in the sky, what did he promise?
212. Which book tells about the visit of the Wise men to baby Jesus?
213. Who bought Joseph?
214. Who was Abram’s handmaid?
215. Who said, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand”?
216. Who got Joseph thrown into prison by lying about him?
217. What was Sarah’s idea for Abram to have a child?
218. How many times did Peter deny Jesus?
219. Who else was in prison with Joseph?
220. Who was the first son Abram had?
221. Which New Testament book tells about Paul’s conversion?
222. Why was Joseph summoned out of prison by the Pharaoh?
223. What was Abram’s name changed to?
224. Where was Paul when he went blind?
225. What position of power was Joseph given by the Pharaoh?
226. What was Sarai’s name changed to?
227. How many wise and foolish girls were in Jesus’ story?
228. What catastrophe did Joseph predict by interpreting the Pharaoh’s dream?
229. What was the second son Abraham had?
230. Name one book that tells of Jesus’ birth?
231. Who came to Egypt that Joseph recognized because of the famine?
232. Who did Abraham have his second son with?
233. Where did Hagar and her son leave to?
234. Who was the governor who tried Jesus?
235. What did Joseph tell the brothers to do next time they came back to Egypt?
236. Who did Abraham send to find Isaac a wife?
237. Who said, “Peace, be still”?
238. What was the giant’s name that David killed?
239. Who did Abraham’s servant choose to be Isaac’s wife?
240. Who said, “He is not here; for He is risen”?
241. How did David kill Goliath?
242. What were Isaac’s sons’ names?
243. Who was a blind man healed by Jesus?
244. How many sling-throws did it take David to hit Goliath?
245. Between Jacob and Esau, who was born first?
246. How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus brought him back to life?
247. When David wanted to fight Goliath, what did Saul try to give him?
248. How did Esau provide food for the family?
249. Who was king of Judea at Jesus’ birth?
250. Who eventually came from the lineage of David?
251. Who did Isaac favor of his two sons?
252. Who came to Jesus at night?
253. True or False: Jesus was an only child.
254. What did Jacob do most of the time?
255. Which angel appeared to Mary?
256. How many of Jesus’ brothers are named in the Bible?
257. What did Esau receive in exchange for his birthright?
258. Whom did Jesus call the “Comforter”?
259. Is Jesus’s sister ever named in the Bible?
260. As Isaac was dying and blind, who suggested that Jacob should steal the blessing?
261. What did the rich young ruler not want to give up?
262. Who was Jesus’ most famous cousin?
263. How did Esau respond when his birthright was taken?
264. What disease did Jesus heal ten men of?
265. Name one of Jesus’s brothers.
266. When Jacob met Laban, which daughter did he want to marry?
267. At the time of the census conducted by Moses in the first chapter of Numbers, which of the twelve tribes of Israel was the smallest?
268. What happened when Jesus went into the wilderness?
269. Who was the mother of Samuel?
270. How many lepers did Jesus heal?
271. Who did Laban trick Jacob into marrying?
272. What kind of bird brought Elijah food while he hid in the Kerith Ravine, east of Jordan?
273. Who was David’s son that became king?
274. What did Laban make Jacob do to finally marry Rachel?
275. What is the last word in the Old Testament?
276. How did God make people spread out across the earth?
277. Who was the first son Jacob had with Rachel?
278. What relation was Jacob to Abraham?
279. What did God change Jacob’s name to before his meeting with Esau?
280. How many brothers did Joseph have?
281. How many sons did Jacob (Israel) have?
282. What did Moses do after he killed an Egyptian?
283. Which brother volunteered to stay in Egypt instead of Benjamin?
284. From which country did Moses help the Israelites escape from their lives of slavery?
285. When Moses confronted the Pharaoh, what did his staff turn into when he threw it on the ground?
286. What did Joseph tell his brothers to do when they returned to Canaan?
287. Which tribe of Israel looked after the religious aspects of life?
288. What did God send to feed the Israelites in the desert?
289. What did the spies sent into Canaan see that made them scared?
290. On which day of the year could the High Priest enter the Holiest Place, the inner most part of the temple where the covenant box was kept?
291. Who were the only two Israelites allowed to go into the Promised Land after many years?
292. What city did God make the walls fall so Joshua and the Israelites could conquer it?
293. Israel split into two kingdoms after the reign of King Solomon, with Israel in the north, but what was the name of the southern kingdom?
294. After they took over the Promised Land and Joshua died, who ruled Israel?
295. Who was the woman judge who led Israel to victory?
296. Who was king of the southern kingdom when the northern kingdom of Israel fell to Assyria?
297. Who was the judge who defeated the Midianites with only 300 men using torches and horns?
298. Who was the judge who took a Nazarite vow from birth and fought against the Philistines?
299. The southern kingdom eventually fell also, but to which great power?
300. With what did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines?
301. What Philistine woman asked Samson where his power came from?
302. After the exile, the Israelites returned and started to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, which other prophet along with Zechariah was sent to encourage the completion of the partly built temple?
303. How did Samson die?
304. Who was the first king of Israel?
305. One title of God is El Shaddai, which means what?
306. Who anointed Saul as King?
307. Who was the enemy who took the Ark of the Covenant?
308. Which king had the longest reign over the Kingdom of Israel?
309. What happened to the idol which was beside the Ark in the enemy’s temple?
310. When the people demanded Saul make a sacrifice to God that only priests should make, what did he do?
311. What does Israel mean?
312. What was Saul’s punishment for disobeying?
313. When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing like God said to?
314. In which prophecy do we read about the valley of dry bones?
315. Who was the king of Israel anointed by Samuel after Saul?
316. What did David work as for his father?
317. Which one of these books is not classed as a book of history?
318. When the Philistines came to attack the Israelites, who mocked God and challenged them?
319. What did David take from the brook to fight Goliath with?
320. Which of these Old Testament prophets lived during the reign of King Josiah?
321. Who was Saul’s son that David befriended?
322. What did Saul throw to try to kill David?
323. How were sins forgiven in the Old Testament?
324. What did Jonathan do to save David’s life from Saul?
325. What foreign country did David run away to?
326. How many ‘minor prophets’ are there?
327. Did Saul give up on chasing David when David went into the wilderness?
328. How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
329. Who wrote the first five books of the Old Testament?
330. Where did David spare Saul’s life the first time?
331. Where did David spare Saul’s life the second time?
332. What time period does the Old Testament cover?
333. Which last judge of Israel died after Saul made a temporary peace with David?
334. Where did Saul turn to for advice when he couldn’t sense God’s will?
335. From which part of Adam’s body did God create Eve?