“Our flight to Ottawa takes off at 4 am, Jimmy, go pack your bags, as for you Karen, please make sure our flight tickets are in place. We need to be at the airport two hours earlier, so we have to prepare ourselves well and get to bed early enough.”
Ever noticed how flight journeys are normally a whole sport, especially if you are tagging your family along? You need to ensure all the bags are packed, and you don’t leave behind any necessities. However, we get to have the best times while on the flight, enjoying the geographic sceneries and when we get to our destinations especially if we are hoping to have fun and relax, you know, not those official duties where you have to represent your company in a meeting for 45 minutes then fly back home immediately.
Canada Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
We know you love to travel to different places in the world, capture some good memories and while at it, learn a few things. How about we go all the way to Canada? You will learn some interesting facts about the thriving Vancouver City and other Canadian towns. Don’t fret about tickets and looking for your favorite bikini wear, this time around, we are not packing our bags and having crazy mornings. We will do it from the comfort of our homes with friends and family as we answer these fun trivia questions just to see how much we know about Canada.
If you’ve already tried out and enjoyed our Australian Trivia Questions or Africa Trivia Questions then you’ll definitely enjoy this ultimate list of Canada trivia that we have put together for you and your loved ones.
From history, geography, sports, movies, and music let’s see how much you know. Remember the trivia rules, no cheating!
1. What is the total number of time zones in Canada?
2. Who was Canada’s first French-speaking Prime Minister?
3. An anagram of the word “Canada” is the nickname of a well-known sports team. Name the team (city and nickname) and the sport it plays.
4. The famous Canadian hockey player “Wayne Gretzky” played only for which team?
5. Which country took control over Quebec after winning the Battle of Plains?
6. The flags of England and France have flown over Canada, as has the flag of one other European country, from 1789 to 1795. Name the country.
8. Who chose the name ‘British Columbia’?
9. In what Canadian city would you find an official UFO landing pad?
10. In Canada, what is a loonie?
11. When was the maple leaf first used as a symbol of the nation?
12. What year was the Trans-Canada Highway finally completed?
13. The maple leaf exists in the flag of Canada has how many corners/ points?
14. Which was the last province to join Canada?
15. Three prime ministers have performed the Grey Cup ceremonial kickoff. Name them and the years in which they booted the ball.
16. From these 2 prime ministers, which Canadian prime minister won the noble peace prize? 1) Jean Chretien 2) Lester B. Pearson
17. What route to Canada did slaves take to escape slavery in the US?
18. Name the first status Indian to be elected to Parliament and the city he represented.
19. “He shoots, he scores” is the famous sports phrase of?
20. When did the Great Depression take place in Canada?
21. What is the highest mountain in Canada?
22. Which Canadian city hosted Olympics games?
23. In which year did Canadian women win the right to vote in elections?
24. In what year did O Canada officially become the country’s national anthem?
25. What are the 2 official languages used in Canada?
26. Which Native tribe was hunted to extinction by Europeans who invaded Newfoundland?
27. The Great Lakes contain what percentage of the world’s fresh lake water?
28. Which is the only official bilingual province of Canada?
29. Who led the rebellions in Quebec City against the colonial governments?
30. When did First Nations get the vote in Canada?
31. How many total provinces exist in Canada?
32. What does Remembrance Day commemorate?
33. What province has the largest population of aboriginal people in Canada?
34. Canada is the second-largest country in the world by area. Do you know the total area in square kilometers?
35. What were the early settlers of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia who spoke French called?
36. If you are standing in Richard’s Harbour, Newfoundland/Labrador, and travel directly south, which country’s territory will you first encounter?
37. On the southern side, Canada has a border with America, Do you know how long the border is?
38. What is Canada famous for?
39. Who was Canada’s longest-serving prime minister?
40. Which 2 countries have the world’s longest bi-national land borders?
41. What are some traditional Canadian foods?
42. What is the capital of Canada?
43. Name the 3 largest metropolitan areas of Canada?
44. What is the nickname of Canada?
45. What currency is used in Canada?
46. What is the name of the national flag of Canada (bonus point if you know it in French as well!)?
47. What is the largest city in Canada?
48. The Battle of Vimy Ridge, in which four divisions of the Canadian Corps fought, was in which war?
49. Who is the head of state of Canada?
50. On which date was the Canadian Confederation developed?
51. Who served as the first Prime Minister of Canada?
52. When is Canada Day?
53. Who was the second prime minister of Canada?
54. In which year did British Columbia join the Canadian Confederation?
55. What is the name of the national anthem of Canada?
57. Which ethnic group was once forced to pay a head tax to migrate to Canada?
58. How many territories are in Canada?
60. Which economic issue dominated the Canadian Federal elections in the years 1891, 1911, and 1988?
61. Who was the Prime Minister of Canada in 2017?
62. On December 6, 1917, Which two ships collided resulting in 2000 people dead due to an explosion?
63. Which American war helped convince the leaders of Canada and their people to unite to form a federation in the North?
64. Which province produces the most Maple Syrup?
65. In which year Tom Longboat won the Boston Marathon?
66. The British subjects that fled to Canada during and after the American Revolution were known as what?
67. What was the first city in North America to become a UNESCO World Heritage?
68. In Canada what percentage of populations are European?
69. The early French Traders in Canada are commonly associated with which term?
70. Canada is home to the world’s largest uninhabited island. Which one is it?
71. What is the percentage of Christianity is in Canada?
72. At the beginning of the ’60s, what was the name of the political movement that swept all through Quebec City?
73. What is the lowest temperature ever recorded in Canada?
75. Which Canadian was the first to go to space?
76. How many Canadian cities have more than 1 million residents?
77. “From sea to sea” is the official motto of which country?
78. In which year was Canada’s Constitution patriated from Great Britain?
79. For their discovery of insulin, which Canadian received the Nobel Prize?
80. How many national parks are there in Canada?
81. True or false: William Hall was the first black Canadian to win the Victoria Cross award?
82. When was the first Canadian team in the NBA established?
83. Who was the first Canadian to win the Olympic gold medal in 1900?
84. In which year did New Brunswick become its own separate colony?
85. What is the longest river in Canada?
86. On which year did the Canadian law declare women as “Persons”?
87. Who designed the Canadian Flag?
88. How many US states share a border with Canada? Name them.
89. When was the last time the Canadian Hockey team won Stanley Cup?
90. Who were individuals that were responsible for the Canadian National Anthem?
91. What is the largest lake entirely in Canada?
92. From the list which star actor was born in Canada? 1) Brendan Fraser 2) Jim Carrey 3) Kim Cattrall
93. What is the per capita GDP of Canada?
94. What is the biggest bay in Canada?
95. “O Canada” is the national anthem of Canada when was it officially announced?
96. How long does one need to live in Canada to become a permanent legal resident?
98. Which Canadian mixed martial artist is considered to be one of the greatest fighters in MMA history?
99. In which province can you find Banff National Park?
100. Till now (2019) Canada hosted how many Olympics events?
101. Which city currently serves as the home to an NBA team that originated in Canada?
102. What is the capital of British Columbia?
103. In the second and third Academy Awards, the 2 best Actress winners belong to Canada. Do you remember the name of both actresses?
104. Who hit a walk-off home run to hand over Blue Jays a World Series title?
105. In which national park can you find Haffner Creek?
106. “Hockey Night In Canada” was first hosted by who?
107. What was the last team from Canada to bag the Stanley cup, as of the year 2020?
108. In which city can you find the Quartier du Petit Champlain?
109. During Queen Elisabeth II’s reign, how many Canadian prime ministers have been served?
110. Which league, apart from the NHL, once selected Canadians with consecutive number one overall draft picks?
111. Which Canadian artist sang “Summer of ‘69”?
112. Which Canadian invented “Instant Mashed Potatoes” in 1962?
113. Who was the first male Black athlete from Canada to secure gold at the Winter Olympics?
114. In which Canadian city was Justin Bieber born?
115. On which date in 2017 was the Quebec City mosque subject of a mass shooting, resulting in 6 deaths and numerous injured?
116. What is the name of the series of outdoor NHL games that are played exclusively between Canadian teams?
117. Which Canadian artist used to perform at The Colosseum Palace in Las Vegas?
118. On October 1, 2017, Jagmeet Singh won which election, becoming the first visible minority and first Sikh to lead a major federal political party in Canada?
119. Canadian Clara Hughes won medals in which Summer and Winter Olympics sports?
120. What is Avril Lavigne middle name?
121. On which date Premier of Saskatchewan and Brad Wall announces his pending retirement from politics?
122. What rank was held by the individual after whom the Stanley Cup has been named?
123. What was Neil Young’s first album?
124. 2018 Memorial Cup was held at which place?
125. Which player is the only Canadian born player as of 2020 to make an NBA all-star team apart from Steve Nash?
126. Which Canadian jazz pianist and singer has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide?
127. 2018 North American heat wave took place on which date?
128. The overall international scoring records of which sport are being held by a Canadian woman?
129. Who sang “You oughta know”?
130. Prince Edward Island Municipal elections in Canada held on which date?
131. In which stroke did Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer Mark Tewksbury specialize in?
132. When was Shawn Mendes born?
133. In which province does Jasper National Park Of Canada exist?
134. At which circuit in Montreal has the Canadian Prix been hosted regularly since the year 1978?
135. Where was Drake born?
136. In which year was Jasper National Park established?
137. In what event had the Dufour-Lapointe sisters competed at the 2014 Winter Olympics, winning a gold and silver medal each?
138. Which Canadian indie rock band was formed by Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning?
139. What is the total height of Niagara Fall?
140. Which Canadian athlete was the first to secure a gold medal on home turf?
141. Which Canadian novelist wrote “Station Eleven”?
142. Who is the only Canadian to win the NBA MVP award?
143. In which Olympic games did Canada first take part?
144. Which Canadian author wrote “The Handmaid’s Tale”?
145. Which is the very first Canadian team that participated in the NBA?
146. One of North America’s longest-lasting sports franchises, the Ottawa Rough Riders, was founded in which year?
147. Which book by Lucy Maud Montgomery tells the story of an orphan named Anne Shirley?
148. In 1967 which Canadian team won the World Cup Ski race?
149. The athletic teams that represent the University of Ottawa are collectively known as what?
150. What is Kit Pearson’s full name?
151. In which year was Canada’s first railway line opened?
152. Jason and the Argonauts served as the inspiration for the name of which Toronto sports team?
153. Which book by Yann Martel became an international bestseller (12 million copies sold worldwide)?
154. Initially in 1873, how many police officers were there in Mounted Police?
155. In 2005, what was the name of the Saskatchewan CFL team?
156. In “One Week”, Ben Tyler starts his journey in Toronto. Where does he finish it?
157. Who is the first only female prime minister of Canada?
158. What are the different nicknames that the university of Alberta maintains for their men’s and women’s teams?
159. What sport do they play in the movie “Les Boys”?
160. In which city and year was the first YMCA started?
161. Which Canadian city is the birthplace of ice hockey?
162. In which 2006 movie can you see two Canadian policemen from Ontario and Quebec working together?
163. Ryan Reynolds played the role of Wade Wilson in 2016. What is the character’s alter ego, also the film title?
164. Saskatchewan Lily is the nickname of which Canadian female high jumper?
165. Who directed the movie “Mommy”?
166. Born in Guelph, Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae was serving with the Canadian Army in the First World War when he penned what poem?
167. In the year 1969, which Canadian fell shy of winning the Masters golf tournament by a single stroke?
168. In which city is “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” set?
169. This person was an explorer. In the year 1534, he navigated the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, sent by a king to find riches and gold.
170. What is the total number of teams that are present in the NHL?
171. Who plays Nicole Burnell in “The Sweet Hereafter”?
172. Which athlete, humanitarian and cancer activist was born July 28, 1958 in Winnipeg, Manitoba?
173. Which Canadian won the American League MVP award in the year 2006 whilst playing for the Minnesota Twins?
174. Who plays “The Montana Kid” in “Gunless”?
175. This painter was greatly inspired by the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast and by nature. She has an art university in Vancouver named after her. Who is she?
176. To which city did the Quebec Nordiques depart in the year 1995?
177. Which 1970 movie tells the story of two friends from rural Nova Scotia moving to Toronto?
178. What was the issue that the Famous Five took to the Supreme Court of Canada?
179. Who became the first male golfer from Canada to win a Major when he bagged The Master’s title in 2003?
180. Name the 4 family members of the family in Schitt’s Creek
181. This glamorous lady from Ontario sprang to fame in 1995 with the album “The Woman in Me”. She is often referred to as “The First Lady of Canadian Country Music”“. Who is she?
182. Which medal did Canada secure in the very first team figure skating event at the 2014 Olympics?
183. In which province is “Heartland” set in?
184. How many older siblings did the Dionne quintuplets have at the time of their birth?
185. When did the Toronto Blue Jays win their first World Series?
186. In the American TV Show “How I met your mother”, what is the name of the Canadian girl?
187. In what country were the Dionne quintuplets born?
188. Which two Canadian cities were the first to have hosted the Olympic Games?
189. Which show tells the story of a Korean-Canadian family in Toronto?
190. Terry Fox is a well-known Canadian, he was an active, competitive athlete. Cancer hindered his athletic abilities temporarily. After surgery and chemotherapy, he became athletic again, by becoming a runner. What type of cancer was Terry diagnosed with having?
191. Which Nova Scotia school had the nickname ‘X-Men’?
192. Which Canadian TV series is an adaptation of one of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s books?
193. Who was the first person to own a car in Ontario?
194. Which Toronto sports team won in 2005 to register their fifth league championship win in 7 years?
195. In which city is “Frankie Drake Mysteries” set?
196. In 2000 the Historic Sites and Monuments of Canada granted this woman recognition and she became a Canadian National Historic Person. Who is she?
197. What is the nickname that is given to the University of Toronto’s athletic teams?
198. Which medical show is set in the fictional hospital, Hope Zion?
199. In most of Canada, winter means snow and more snow. Canadians have created several ways to enjoy the snow, one of the more popular winter pastimes is ski-dooing. What Canadian is responsible for the creation of the Ski-doo?
200. What was the first professional team with which Wayne Gretzky was associated?
201. What sport did Matth Shade in “Private Eyes” used to play professionally?
202. Which game show host was born in Manitoba?
203. When Team Canada won the Olympic double gold for the first time, where were the Olympics being held?
204. Which Canadian TV series is based on the novels of Giles Blunt?
205. This Canadian hero was a World War I flying ace. His first name was William, but that’s not what Canadians know him as.
206. Which athlete won the silver medal at the World Figure Skating championships in 1988?
207. Which American TV show is based on a novel by Canadian author Margaret Atwood?
208. Who was Canada’s first female magistrate or judge?
209. What is Calgary’s football team known as?
210. Which Viking explorer reached Newfoundland around A.D. 1000?
211. Which Canadian actress starred in the film “Barb Wire” in 1996?
212. Which Canadian city plays home to the Canucks?
213. What was the name of the war that happened before 1754 and 1763?
214. During the War of 1812, a battle was going on outside on this woman’s property. But instead of running she stayed to help the wounded.
215. In which sport did Erin McLeod represent Canada over 100 times?
216. When did Canada become an independent nation?
217. Who was the first Canadian to walk in space?
218. With which team did Grey cup winner Anthony Calvillo start his football career in the Canadian Football League?
219. When did the Great Depression in Canada start?
220. The Famous Five includes the first woman in the British Empire to be elected to a legislative body (above the level of county council). What was her name?
221. Which British Columbia city played host to the 1994 Commonwealth Games?
222. Who established a french colony at Quebec City in 1608?
223. Who in October 1984 became the first Canadian to travel in space?
224. In which sport was Gaetan Boucher an Olympic gold medalist?
225. What accord was rejected in the 1992 national referendum?
226. William Irving Jr. was the first provincial police officer to be killed in the line of duty. When did he die?
227. The University of Prince Edward Island is associated with which feline nickname?
228. Which act, established in 1774, granted Quebec its own legal and religious rights?
229. Who is the heroine commemorated by a large statue at Vercheres, located on the St. Lawrence River?
230. Which SJHL hockey team won the Royal Bank Cup in the year 2005?
231. Which province joined Canada in 1871?
232. Olivia Poole a mother of seven, in 1957 along with her son founded the Poole Manufacturing Co. Ltd in British Columbia. They had received the patent for an invention that she had created 47 years earlier. What invention did Mrs. Poole create?
233. Which now-defunct Canadian department store had the slogan, “the lowest price is the law” at one point?
234. When was the last Referendum about Quebec Independence?
235. Communication: Alexander Graham Bell is generally, though controversially, credited with inventing the telephone in 1876. How did Bell come up with the idea of the telephone?
236. Who played the role of Sara Stanley on the show ‘Road To Avonlea’?
237. Which new Artic territory was created in 1999?
238. Who was the first prime minister to run for a seat in Manitoba?
239. Canada’s passenger train service is known as what?
240. Which Canadian dish is made of fries, cheese, and gravy?
241. Who was the first women Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada?
242. Which popular Canadian store stars a beaver as part of its logo?
243. Which meat pie is made with minced meat and potatoes?
244. The television show ‘Freaks and Geeks’ was the acting debut for which multi-talented comedian and writer?
245. What do Canadians mean when they are talking about their ‘Ski-Doo’?
246. What dessert was invented by female factory workers early during the Great Depression in Quebec?
247. Which actress from the “X-Men” series of movies was born in Winnipeg?
248. Which popular confectionery store is named after one of Canada’s greatest war heroes?
249. What type of seafood can you find in a roll in Nova Scotia?
250. What was another name for The Famous Five?
251. The annual ranking of Canadian Universities is put out by which magazine?
252. What pie has a berry filling and is usually served with vanilla ice cream?
253. Which Canadian, born in Ontario in 1861, is generally regarded as the man who invented basketball?
254. Which Canadian province chooses to opt out of Daylight Savings Time?
255. Which Canadian pastry tart has a filling of butter, sugar, syrup, and egg?
256. Bob Homme, a Canadian actor known for saying “look up, look waaaaaay up”. Who is the character that he played?
257. Which Canadian was involved in the co-creation of Superman?
258. Which bar dessert was named after a city in British Columbia?
259. When Sir Sanford Fleming devised the concept of “Standard Time” in 1878, how many time zones did he propose the world be split into?
260. The title of the longest freshwater beach in the world can be claimed by which Canadian beach?
261. Which Canadian sweet candy is made with boiling maple syrup and snow?
262. In Billy Mosienko’s interesting career, he holds a hockey record. What is it?
263. Which region in Canada recorded the country’s lowest temperature?
264. Who is the only Canadian-born World Heavyweight Boxing Champion?
265. Which Vancouver-born actress played the role of Lily Munster on television between 1964 and 1966?
266. To which rare weather phenomenon does Canada play host?
267. Which popular sport in Canada is the oldest organized sport in North America?
268. I worked along side Isaac Brock during the war of 1812. I was killed in the Battle of the Thames. Who am I?
269. Who is the famous children’s writer who is associated with titles such as ‘The Paper Bag Princess’ and ‘Love You Forever’?
270. What sport is played during the Grey Cup?
271. Which actress, born on December 14, 1921 in Winnipeg, appeared in a number of musicals in the 1930s and 40s, winning an Academy Juvenile Award in 1938?
272. Which Canadian province was the latest addition to the Canadian Confederation?
273. Who was the first Canadian man to reach Wimbledon Final?
274. This architect designed the Royal Canadian Mint and the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. Who is he?
275. Vancouver has been given which nickname owing to its thriving film industry?
276. How often are the Canada Games held?
277. Terry planned to run from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. He ran daily for 143 days before being forced to give up. Running on average 40-42 kilometers a day, how far did Terry run?
278. Which figure is the official mascot of the Quebec Winter Carnival?
279. What is the name of the Toronto ice hockey team?
280. When did Edward Schreyer become the Governor-General?
281. Which country is Canada’s largest trading partner?
282. What sport do the Canadian Wolverines play?
283. Who was the first woman Governor General of Canada?
284. In which year did Canada adopt its current flag?
285. In which city can you find Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport?
286. Which singer/actress had a breakthrough hit with “Complicated” in 2001?
287. Which is the only territory in Canada that is governed by Inuits or Eskimos?
288. Which Canadian airport has “YYZ” as an airport code?
289. During the Seven Years’ War this man led the British in Canada. He died during the Battle of the Plains of Abraham. Who was he?
290. How many oceans does Canada border?
291. What is the largest train station in Canada?
292. What did local women donate to the Dionnes in order to help quintuplets survive?
293. What is the length of the coastline of Canada, also considered to be the longest coastline in the world?
294. Which two cities does “The Canadian” train journey connect?
295. In 1928, Eileen Vollick was the first woman to receive her ____ ____ in Canada?
296. In which province is the city of Flin Flon located?
297. If you are driving from Montreal, will it be quicker to get to Quebec City or Burlington, Vermont?
298. What is the most common last name in Canada?
299. Which famous type of pizza was invented in Ontario?
300. Which type of pasta do Canadians eat more than any other country in the world?