Organizational culture is characterized by essential teamwork. Yet, people find themselves unable to integrate ways to break down barriers, get acquainted, and build trust. In school settings, you ought to incorporate group work presentations to help learners brainstorm on certain topics.
Whether it is at a workshop, official meetings, at school, or even during team-building exercises, icebreaker questions help familiarize group members. They range across topics such as work, personal life, hobbies, preferences e.t.c.
General Good Ice Breaker Questions
These questions help facilitate introductions when meeting new people at official events. For instance, you get to know your co-workers, on a much deeper level. The goal is to have fun, create points of connection between participants, and build confidence in addressing large crowds.
Check out this list of general good icebreaker questions to break the monotony at group meetings.
1. Do you love working from home or would you rather be in the office? Is there a balance of both that you like best?
2. What’s something new you’ve learned about yourself in the last three months?
3. What’s the hardest part about working virtually for you? The easiest?
4. Do you have a dedicated office space at home?
5. If you had to describe how you’re feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on?
6. Show us your office space!
7. Where do you work most frequently from at home? Your office? Your kitchen table? The backyard? Your bed?
8. Be honest, how often do you work from bed?
9. What does your morning routine look like when working from home?
10. How would you describe your communication style in three words?
11. What’s your number one tip for combating distractions when working from home?
12. How do you recognize when you’re stressed?
13. How do you stay productive and motivated working virtually?
14. If you were coming out onto a stage, what would your entrance theme song be?
15. If you could bring back a fashion trend, what would it be and why?
16. What does your typical work-from-home uniform look like?
17. If you could live in another historical period, would you? If so, which one?
18. How many cups of coffee, tea, or beverage of choice do you have each morning?
19. If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you choose and why?
20. Are you an early bird or night owl?
21. What’s one thing you are unbeatable at?
22. What did you eat for breakfast?
23. What about showers? Do you prefer morning or night?
24. How would you spend your days if you had unlimited time and resources?
25. How do you get motivated for difficult tasks?
26. What’s one thing we could do to improve our virtual meetings?
27. What’s something on your desk, a nearby wall, or out the window that cheers you up during the day?
28. Best book you’ve ever read?
29. Do you have any mentors or people you look up to? Tell us about one of them.
30. If you could learn one new personal skill, what would it be?
31. What’s your favorite way to get in some exercise?
32. If you could write a book, what genre would you write it in? Mystery? Thriller? Romance? Historical fiction? Non-fiction?
33. What fictional world or place would you like to visit?
34. What is one article of clothing that someone could wear that would make you walk out on a date with them?
35. You’ve been teleported to the Middle Ages. How do you make a living there?
36. The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are 3 people you want on your team?
37. What was the worst style choice you ever made?
38. Suppose you were going to be frozen tomorrow for a one-way 1,000-year interstellar voyage. What would you most want to communicate (and to whom) before you leave?
39. If you were a wrestler what would be your entrance theme song?
40. If you could have an animal sidekick, what would it be? Why?
41. Have you ever been told you look like someone famous, who was it?
42. What looks easy-peasy lemon squeezy but is actually difficult lemon difficult?
43. If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be?
44. You’ve died, but instead of entering the afterlife, you’ve entered Earth 2.0. What are some things that make Earth 2.0 better?
45. What did you name your first car?
46. If you could go back in time 10,000 years ago and make a cave painting to confuse everyone in the future, what would you draw?
47. Does your current car have a name? What is it?
48. A genie appears and grants you a wish for someone else in the world. Who and what do you make a wish for?
49. You have your own late-night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest?
50. If you had a magic button on your desk to bring you whatever you wanted, what would it summon?
51. If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be, and who would play you?
52. What was your least favorite food as a child? Do you still hate it or do you love it now?
53. What’s one thing your parents or guardians constantly nagged you about?
54. What ice cream flavor sums up your personality today?
55. If you had to eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
56. You’ve been granted a one-way ticket to another country of your choice. Where are you going?
57. If you were left on a deserted island with either your worst enemy or no one, which would you choose? Why?
58. What’s something you’ve drawn inspiration from recently?
59. What animal best represents you today and why?
60. It’s your first day on the job as an evil villain. What’s the first piece of mischief you commit?
61. If you could have one superpower today, what would it be, and what would you use it for?
62. If buying groceries were a game, what would one of the loading screen tips be?
63. What thing from nature, excluding animals, best describes you today?
64. If aliens landed on earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them, would you go?
65. If you had to sing karaoke right now, which song would you pick?
66. The 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s: Which decade do you love the most and why?
67. What is the most used emoji on your phone right now?
68. What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up today?
69. What’s your favorite sandwich and why?
70. Which do you prefer, oceans or mountains? Why?
71. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
72. What’s one of your favorite recent memories?
73. What’s your guilty pleasure right now?
74. When you die, what do you want to be remembered for?
75. What is your favorite item you’ve bought this year?
76. What is your absolute dream job?
77. What book would you like to live in?
78. What would your talent be if you were Miss or Mister World?
79. What would the title of your autobiography be?
80. Say you’re independently wealthy and don’t have to work, what would you do with your time?
81. If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
82. If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?
83. What is your favorite magical or mythological animal.
84. What’s a word or phrase in another language (or your own) that you really like?
85. What does your favorite shirt look like?
86. What’s the best topping for ice cream?
87. Who is your favorite Disney hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?
88. What would your dream house be like?
89. If you’re at trivia night, what would category would you know most about?
90. What’s an album you recommend that has no bad songs?
91. What’s the worst haircut you ever had?
92. If you could add anyone to Mount Rushmore who would it be; why?
93. You’re going sail around the world, what’s the name of your boat?
94. What’s your most successful dance move? Do you dare show it?
95. What fictional family would you be a member of?
96. What is your favorite television network?
97. What’s an obscure TV show or movie that everyone should watch?
98. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
99. Who is the better businessman or businesswoman and why? (Example: Justin Timberlake or Justin Bieber?)
100. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now?
101. If you were setting off to Mars and could take only one luxury item with you, what would it be?
102. What was the worst job you ever had?
103. Which fictional character would you want by your side during a zombie apocalypse?
104. If you were a cocktail, which one would you be?
105. You can have anyone fictional as your imaginary friend, who do you choose and why?
What would your superpower be and why?
106. Which band/artist – dead or alive would play at your funeral?
107. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
108. What’s your favorite tradition or holiday?
109. If your home was packed full of golf balls, how would you remove them?
110. What fictional world or place would you like to visit?
111. Would you rather talk like Yoda or breathe like Darth Vader?
112. What is your favorite breakfast food?
113. If your car had vanity plates, what would they say?
114. What is the best bird?
115. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
116. Teleportation or flying?
117. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
118. What’s the most out-of-character thing you’ve ever done?
119. Do you have a favorite dinosaur?
120. You’ve been chosen to represent your country in a global competition. What sport or activity are you doing?
121. What is your cellphone wallpaper?
122. You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape?
123. What’s got your attention today and why?
124. What’s your best scar story?
125. Would you go with aliens if they beamed down to Earth?
126. What book, movie read/seen recently you would recommend and why?
127. What breed of dog would you be?
128. Heard any good tips lately?
129. If you had a time machine, would go back in time or into the future?
130. What color best describes your personality today?
131. What’s one project you could stop doing to give yourself more focus?
132. Do you think you could live without your smartphone (or another technology item) for 24 hours?
133. What is your favorite dessert?
134. What are you excited about this week?
135. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
136. Do you have any routines you use to improve your energy and focus?
137. What’s one thing you wish could be automated in your job?
138. What’s one thing you’ve been procrastinating on and can’t finish?
139. Are you a traveler or a homebody?
140. What’s one career you wish you could have?
141. What’s the last thing you completed that you’re proud of?
142. What fictional world or place would you like to visit?
143. Have you learned any useful productivity hacks recently?
144. What’s your favorite place of all the places you’ve traveled?
145. What’s one recent thing or experience that exceeded your expectations?
146. Have you ever met your idol or someone you revere greatly?
147. Have you ever completed anything on your “bucket list”?
148. What are you grateful for today?
149. Do you have a favorite plant?
150. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
151. What’s something that made you smile recently?
152. What was the country you last visited outside of the United States?
153. What’s is one thing we don’t know about you?
154. What fruit or vegetable represents your mood today?
155. What is your favorite meal to cook and why?
156. What small thing would improve your day today?
157. Are you a morning person or a night person?
158. What’s something that puts you in a state of flow?
159. What is your favorite musical instrument and why?
160. What’s something you want to get better at?
161. What’s your favorite song or soundtrack for doing focused work?
162. What languages do you know how to speak?
163. Popcorn or M&Ms?
164. Show us something in your space that you really like.
165. What’s one skill that helps you successfully work remotely?
166. Look around and assess how satisfied you are with your physical workspace. What’s one thing you love about it?
167. What boundaries have you set to ensure that you unplug from work?
168. If you could commit any crime and get away with it what would you choose and why?
169. What’s normal where you live but might seem weird to the rest of the world?
170. How do you like to sit in a chair? Let us see it.
171. If you could choose any person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would it be and why?
172. Are there any interesting things your name spells with the letters rearranged?
173. Who was your most unique pet?
174. Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
175. Do you prefer funny stories or dramatic ones?
176. What is the strangest gift you have ever received?
177. Would it be better to start work five years later or end five years earlier?
178. What kind of reality show would you appear in?
179. What was the first way you made money?
180. Would you support “National Avocado Day” as a work holiday?
181. What is something you did at work that no one noticed?
182. Which of Snow White’s seven dwarfs describes you best (Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy or Sneezy)?
183. What is the best work holiday?
184. What song describes your life right now?
185. What is a current trend that you just don’t understand?
186. What is your hobby?
187. What piece of advice would you share with your younger self?
188. Beach holiday or ski trip?
189. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
190. What movie defined your generation?
191. When did you start liking/hating mushrooms?
192. Would you rather stay at a hotel or an AirBNB?
193. Which song do you remember most from prom?
194. Are you a listener or a talker?
195. What was your last song on your Spotify?
196. Are you a backseat driver?
197. What is your goal by the end of the decade?
198. Where would you build your dream home?
199. Which fictional team is the best team of all time?
200. Would you rather be an Avenger or a Power Ranger?
201. If you could audition for a talent TV show, what song would you pick and why?
202. Would you rather join Metallica or Backstreet Boys?
203. Would you rather do a large project independently or as part of a team?
204. On a scale of 1 – 10, how much of a team player are you?
205. Can lone wolves be part of a team?
206. Were the Spice Girls a good team?
207. What is your “I almost missed an exam” story?”
208. How did you choose your college?
209. What is a weird food you have tried? Would you eat it again?
210. Show us your cell phone wallpaper. Is there a story behind it?
211. If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
212. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
213. If you could be in the Guiness book of world records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
Would you let aliens beam you up if they came to Earth?
214. What do people not understand about being a student?
215. If you could take 3 things to a desert island what would they be?
216. Do you prefer online classes or in-person?
217. If you could only listen to once album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Should college be mandatory?
218. Describe an experience in your life that changed your values?
219. What is something you are grateful for as a student?
220. Is it ever OK to waste time?
221. Tell us one big problem you’ve had to solve this year?
222. Using just one word, name something that drives your success?
223. What new, or additional, skill do you think you need now to progress further?
224. What vegetable is best with cheese?
225. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
226. You are the best criminal mastermind in the world. What crime would you commit if you knew you would get away with it?
227. If you could be any supernatural creature, which would you pick?
228. When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grow up?
229. What would you do if you have all the money in the world?
230. What reality show would you want to be on?
231. There is a free, round-trip shuttle to Mars. The catch: it will take one year of your life to go, visit, and come back. Are you in?
232. Do you prefer the pool or the beach?
233. Would you want to have a personal assistant follow you around everywhere and do what you asked of them?
234. Do you prefer books or films?
235. Pick any band to play at your funeral.
236. Do you prefer nights out or nights in?
237. What is a good way to give back to the community?
238. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
239. What is an easy way to do something nice for someone?
240. Who is someone in your community that makes a difference?
241. Do you prefer cardio or weight lifting?
242. Would you rather live in a city or a town?
243. What is the longest you’ve ever stayed in one job?
244. What is the best example of a community you have seen?
245. Would you join a community in space if it was permanent?
246. Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?
247. What is the first gift you remember receiving?
248. Describe your in-laws in one word?
249. What is your earliest memory of Christmas?
250. Describe yourself in one word?
251. Have you ever told someone Santa is not real?
252. Describe your house in one word?
253. How do you like your potatoes?
254. What is the best holiday or winter treat?
255. What is a simple holiday tradition you like?
256. Describe your fashion trend in one word?
257. What is your New Years’ resolution?
258. What is something you like?
259. Describe your car in one word?
260. Which month were you born?
261. What do you call your grandparents?
262. What’s your favorite family tradition?
263. How tall are you?
264. What year would you visit if you had a time machine?
265. What size shoes do you wear?
266. What’s your current cellphone wallpaper?
267. What do you do for fun?
268. What is something you find funny?
269. Would you rather live at the North Pole or the South Pole?
270. What’s your favorite breakfast cereal or breakfast food?
271. What would your entrance theme song be?
272. Which holiday song is your favorite?
273. Have you ever been bungee jumping?
274. If trapped in a horror movie, who would be the first one to die from your team?
275. Are there any specific animals you are afraid of? Why?
276. What is your favorite candy or treat?
277. What is something you are great at cooking?
278. All in all, who is more likely to cry during an emotional moment?
279. What is something you can’t cook?
280. All things considered, the worst advice you’ve followed and regretted?
281. Which is the lie that you’ve frequently gotten away with?
282. Particularly, name a team-building activity that you secretly hate?
283. What is something you hate doing? Why?
284. Name one thing that you’ve always imagined doing but never did?
285. Which is a word that you particularly can’t stand the sound of?
286. What was one new experience you tried that was completely unknown or uncomfortable to you at the time you tried it?
287. Have you ever been to Disney Land or Disney World?
288. If given the choice of having a talk show host narrate your life, who would you choose?
289. According to you, what is the most monotonous sport to watch?
290. If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep? (Three apps that have changed your life.)
291. When did you get your first cell phone? What kind was it?
292. If you had to choose between only having a cell phone or a car for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
293. Who would be the first celebrity guest in your very own talk show?
294. How many Facebook friends do you have? How many of them do you actually communicate with?
295. Without a doubt, who is the greatest actor that has ever graced the world?
296. What technology innovation made the most impact on your life?
297. Which song can cheer you up?
298. Desktop, laptop, or tablet? Which do you prefer to use?
299. What is your favorite thing about technology? Least favorite?
300. What show on Netflix did you binge-watch embarrassingly fast?