Staying relevant with teens is crucial but no easy task. In the internet era, teen life entails keeping up with the latest trends such as sending snaps, speaking slang, sharing memes e.t.c.
Looking for an effective way to stay connected with teens and understand their interests? This list of “get to know you” questions for teens will help you. Get to know who’s their favorite celebrity or the various sports personality they admire e.t.c.
Get To Know You Questions for Teens
Teachers can use these questions to help students strike a conversation and socialize better. The goal is to help learners interact with each other and build good relationships.
Check out the following “get to know you” questions for teens and learn something new about your teen loved ones.
1. What are the different cliques or social groups in your school and which one, if any, are you in?
2. What was your favorite game when you were a kid?
3. What Netflix show did you binge embarrassingly quickly?
4. If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which three apps would you keep?
5. If a theme song played every time you entered a room, what song would you choose?
6. Do you have a celebrity crush?
7. What is your biggest hope for the future?
8. If you could have a superpower, but one you couldn’t use to help anyone, what would it be?
9. What is the coolest app that I don’t have on my phone?
10. What do you fear the most?
11. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
12. Which Disney character is most like you and why?
13. What is the most embarrassing thing that I do?
14. What would people on social media say about you based on your posts?
15. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
16. Who do you wish you could see in concert?
17. Who do you eat lunch with at school?
18. Have you ever been told you looked like someone famous? If so, who was it? Do you agree?
19. How would you describe my parenting style?
20. Who’s your all-time favorite YouTuber?
21. What is your favorite meme and why?
22. How did you get your scar?
23. What bands are you listening to these days?
24. What is the last song you sang out loud?
25. If you had the opportunity to visit Mars, would you?
26. Thinking over the past week, what’s one thing you would have done differently?
27. What’s the last movie you watched? Give it a brief review.
28. Can you play me one of your best songs?
29. What commercial jingle do you find the most annoying?
30. Who would you say is your best friend right now?
31. What is your favorite quote?
32. What’s the scariest thing you did for fun?
33. How did you meet your best friend?
34. Where would be an awesome place to go for a family vacation?
35. When you wake up in the morning, what are you most thankful for?
36. If you could switch one thing about yourself, what would it be?
37. Describe your perfect day.
38. If you knew you wouldn’t fail, what thing would you do?
39. What do you think of President Trump?
40. Would you want to be famous?
41. The zombie apocalypse is upon us. Which three people would you band with?
42. What are you most likely to argue about?
43. What school project are you most proud of and why?
44. What do you think of my hair style?
45. What are the top two songs on your playlist right now?
46. What emoji do you use the most?
47. What’s your favorite game to play?
48. Name three things you and I appear to have in common?
49. What’s the best show on Netflix right now?
50. Who is your favourite and least favourite teacher this year?
51. If you could change anything about your childhood, what would it be?
52. What is your greatest accomplishment?
53. If someone took a candid picture of you, what would they most likely find you doing?
54. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Who told it to you?
55. Which shows are you watching right now?
56. Which family member are you most proud of?
57. How would you best describe yourself in three emojis?
58. Do you think aliens exist?
59. Which family member are you closest to?
60. Who’s the wisest person you know? Who’s the wittiest?
61. How male or female do you feel inside as you get older?
62. If you could know the future, would you choose to find out?
63. What was one of your favorite childhood vacations?
64. Is there anything you would like to learn how to do?
65. What would you change about your life, if anything, if you knew that you had a month to live?
66. When are you most likely to cry?
67. What do you take really seriously? Joke about?
68. Have there been any books that you had to read this year that you really liked?
69. Which TV or movie character would you be friends IRL with?
70. How would you describe your personality?
71. What is something you have always wanted to do, but have never done before?
72. Is bullying a problem at your school?
73. When you are at a party, where are you and what are you doing?
74. Is drug and alcohol use a big thing at your school?
75. What’s your most creative accomplishment?
76. What is the one thing you don’t know about me that you want to know?
77. What are some of the first things that you remember?
78. What do you want to be known for?
79. What is your favorite memory?
80. Which holidays do you really like and why?
81. Who is your favorite vlogger?
82. What is your favorite sport to play?
83. What look are your going for when you get dressed?
84. What favorite project are you working on right now?
85. How long do you want to live?
86. What makes you happiest?
87. What would you say were the most important moments of your life so far?
88. If you could someday drive any car or truck you want, what would it be?
89. Do you think the world expects too much of young people?
90. Do you believe in God?
91. In what ways do you think differently or the same as your parents?
92. What would you say are your all-time favorite movies so far?
93. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
94. What do you wish you were more motivated to do?
95. When you get older, will you vote as a republican, democrat, or independent?
96. How do you think the world will end?
97. Are there any quotes from movies, songs, or books that you’ve heard and really like?
98. What is your superpower?
99. Are there parts of your body that you really like or dislike?
100. What clubs or activities do you participate in?
101. What do you do and think when you see a homeless person?
102. Tell me about the last thought-provoking text you read?
103. What time do you wake up in the morning and go to bed at night?
104. What is your favorite location in the school building?
105. Do you know anyone who you would say has an ideal marriage or relationship?
106. Would you rather pet a shark or stare down a tiger?
107. What was the funniest thing that happened today?
108. Are you more like a bird or a squirrel?
109. What makes the world go round?
110. What is the best and worst food that your school cafeteria serves?
111. If you could design the ultimate treehouse, what would it look like?
112. What book would you want to actually get lost in?
113. What is between here and there?
114. Do you ever feel jealous about the family of any of your friends?
115. Which is better: finding a folded chip in the chip bag or a pencil with a really good eraser?
116. Which teacher at our school is the scariest?
117. Do you think we treat you and your siblings fairly?
118. What is better than sliced bread?
119. If you had to re-make the world out of only one food, which one would you choose?
120. Can you teach me how to text faster?
121. Do you have any siblings? Include step or half siblings too!
122. What did you eat for breakfast?
123. Are there any celebrities that people say you look like?
124. Where were your parents born?
125. What do your parents do for a living?
126. How many cups of coffee or tea do you have each morning?
127. Which songs have been stuck in your head?
128. Do you have any family traditions?
129. What’s your earliest childhood memory?
130. What bumper stickers have you seen that you really like?
131. Do you think millennials are really that different from other generations?
132. Where did you spend your childhood?
133. What book do you own but have never read?
134. What are the best and worst things about having a smartphone?
135. How does your family celebrate birthdays?
136. Are you the youngest in your family?
137. Are you an early bird or night owl?
138. What do you like to watch on YouTube?
139. Do any of your family live abroad?
140. How many cousins do you have?
141. What’s on your bucket list and why?
142. Do you like your voice?
143. What is your favorite color?
144. What’s one thing you could easily teach me how to do it right =?
145. Do you think you want to get married one day?
146. What is your favorite quote? It can be from a book, movie, or social media!
147. How many kids, if any, do you think you might want some day?
148. What is your favorite animal?
149. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
150. If you were to change your name, what would you change your name to? Why?
151. What kind of parent do you think you will be?
152. What is your favorite music genre?
153. What are your most and least favorite subjects?
154. How gross are your school bathrooms?
155. Which big cat is your favorite?
156. What is your favorite app?
157. Are you looking forward to being an adult?
158. What is your favorite savory food?
159. What’s the most embarrassing moment from your teen years?
160. If you were allowed to get a tattoo, what would you get?
161. What is your favorite dessert?
162. What is your favorite holiday you’ve been on?
163. What’s the best thing going on in your life at the moment?
164. Do you think adults praise kids too much or not enough?
165. What is your favorite fruit?
166. If you could be eating any food from the world right now, what would it be?
167. Do all these school shootings in the news make you feel unsafe at school?
168. What is your favorite song?
169. Do you have a favorite language? If so, can you speak it?
170. Which three words describe you best?
171. What’s the one thing adults don’t get about teenagers?
172. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
173. What do you do every morning before school?
174. What is your favourite snack food?
175. Which class do you excel in?
176. Who do you admire in your life and why?
177. What should be the name of your generation?
178. Where did you buy your pencil/laptop case from?
179. Would you fit in with the crowd or stand out on your own?
180. What do you think is the best number of children to have?
181. What are your plans after you graduate?
182. Do you have any siblings? How are they?
183. What do you use to take notes in class?
184. What do you like the most about your schedule this year?
185. How’s your love life?
186. If they made a TV show about your school, what would it be called?
187. What do you usually buy for lunch at your school cafeteria?
188. What do you do every night after school?
189. What’s the grossest food you ever had to eat to be polite?
190. What would you do with a million (or billion) dollars?
191. How much homework do you get from all your classes?
192. Have you seen studygrammers on Instagram? If so, are you a part of that community?
193. If you were a store at the mall, which one would you be?
194. Do you think teens have it easier or tougher compared to my generation?
195. How do you like to spend your break/lunch times?
196. If you could change 3 things about school, what would they be?
197. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
198. When you were young, what did you want to do when you grew up?
199. What does your backpack say about your personality?
200. What was the worst part of your day today?
201. If you were stranded on an island, which 5 items would you want to have with you?
202. Where’s the first place you would want to go after getting your driver’s license?
203. What did you do for your last birthday?
204. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? If you choose the past, which era would you visit?
205. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or become invisible? Why?
206. Does your name have a special meaning, and or were you named after someone special?
207. Did I ever tell you about my prom experiences?
208. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
209. Are you currently trying to lose or gain weight right now?
210. What would your autobiography be called? Why?
211. If two people like each other romantically, do you think someone still should ask before trying to kiss them?
212. Would you rather teleport or be able to fly? Why?
213. What are you most excited to do this year?
214. How tall would you like to be, if you could choose?
215. What is the most embarrassing thing you ever did?
216. What’s the worst thing you ever did as a child and got away with?
217. Do kids your age still care about professional sports?
218. If you could only relive one day for the rest of your life, which day would you pick?
219. If you could bring one celebrity here, who would it be?
220. Is there any song stuck in your head right now?
221. What food do you love that a lot of people might find a little odd?
222. What do you think has been the hardest thing you have ever done?
223. Show me your phone’s wallpaper?
224. What do you think the fourth dimension is?
225. Who is the smartest person you know?
226. Which common saying or phrase describes you?
227. What is the best (non-profanity) comeback to say to a bully?
228. If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
229. What’s your caffeinated beverage of choice? Coffee? Cola? Tea?
230. Is it more awkward to address adults as Mr./Ms. or to use their first names?
231. Name the most important 3 things someone should focus on to have a happy life?
232. If you could download a skill into your brain instantly, what would it be?
233. If you became president tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?
234. What’s your favorite part about school?
235. If we had more money, how would you use it?
236. What is one invention you think should be created this year?
237. What is your strangest phobia?
238. What’s your favorite way to get to school?
239. Do you wish we had pushed you harder or less hard to keep doing?
240. Are you satisfied with the number of friends that you have and quality of those friendships?
241. Are you a spiritual person?
242. Do you think marijuana should be legal for people after a certain age?
243. Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
244. What is your worst habit?
245. What clubs or activities do you participate in?
246. If you had to be a mythical creature, what would you be?
247. What beverage could you not live without?
248. What was the first concert you ever went to?
249. What could I do to help you feel more supported?
250. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
251. What’s one place you have no interest in traveling to?
252. What are the big things being talked about at school?
253. Do you like olives? Why or why not?
254. Do you know your personality type? If so, what is it?
255. What is your funniest memory with your best friend?
256. What were some of best holiday or birthday presents you ever received?
257. What is your star sign? Do you think your qualities match it?
258. If you had to swap your legs with the legs of an animal, which animal would you choose?
259. What’s a fun thing that we could do together?
260. Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
261. What’s the best prank you’ve ever played on someone?
262. What was the funniest thing you’ve seen online?
263. What are 3 things you are grateful for?
264. What is the craziest dare you have ever taken?
265. Is there a hobby you’d like to start this year?
266. What’s the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
267. Have you ever learned a new skill and realized you hated it once you mastered it?
268. What was the worst style choice you ever made?
269. What is one amazing trait you have that you never talk about?
270. If a theme song played every time you entered a room, what song would you choose?
271. What is the funniest advertisement you’ve seen?
272. If you were a superhero, what would your super name be? What would your superpower be?
273. If you had to wear a shirt with one word on it for an entire year, which word would you choose?
274. What fictional family would you be a member of?
275. If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose and why?
276. If you could live the life of any historical figure, who would you choose?
277. What mundane superpower do you have?
278. Can you curate the perfect playlist for any occasion?
279. Do you always select the perfect produce while shopping?
280. If you could rule the world for a day, what would you ban?
281. What’s the noblest endeavor a person can dedicate their life to?
282. Which famous person would you like to meet?
283. What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I say “slug”?
284. What’s the most embarrassing thing your parents have ever done?
285. What’s the most out-of-character thing you’ve ever done?
286. What’s the loveliest fashion trend you participated in?
287. What is the most bizarre encounter you have had in life (at work, personal, travel, or with friends)?
288. Who did you last unfollow on Facebook?
289. What was the silliest thing you have ever done?
290. What is a weird habit that you have?
291. Would you keep one alien with you if they beamed down to the Earth?
292. What is the weirdest food combination you’ve made and tried?
293. If you had to pick a new part of your body to sit on, what would you choose?
294. What is the strangest item near you?
295. What do you feel nostalgic for?
296. What popular song drives you crazy?
297. If you had to be Siamese Twins with one person, which person would you pick to be stuck with?
298. What was the worst gift you gave to your friend?
299. If you were a refrigerator, what item would you hate holding?
300. What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat?