If you’ve gone through High School Education, you may experience some feelings of nostalgia remembering the life in school and you as a teen. Some of us get chills thinking about High School memories, and especially the studying bit, from science, geography among many others.
In High School, you get to study many disciplines and the not-so-interesting concepts, depending on one’s interests. But do you think the monotonous learning environment could be a hinder to the academic excellence of many learners? If so, many like-minded individuals have done an extensive research to come up with fun trivia exercises that will help learners across the globe to study any topic at ease and improve their performance.
High School Trivia Questions and Answers
It is said that nobody has a monopoly over knowledge and that the educational process has no end beyond itself. Therefore, even those who were in High School decades ago can meaningfully participate in these trivia exercises and still learn a lot.
Nonetheless, there are extracurricular activities that make High School a lot more fun. Sports tournament, High School Musical, general knowledge, and even current affairs e.t.c. All these are covered in our trivia questions to help students loosen up and others reminisce the old days.
Here are some fun High School Trivia Questions and Answers to test your knowledge. Let’s see how many of these you can crack!
1. How water is written scientifically?
2. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
3. How many innings does a baseball game have?
4. John Lennon is one of the four sacred members of?
5. How many states are there?
6. What is the name of the oldest city in the world?
7. What is the basic unit of all living things?
8. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty’s torch?
9. The square root of 81 is?
10. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell’s soup label?
11. Michael Jackson has many albums to his name, but which album spawned five chart-topping singles?
12. The indication of any future event is known as?
13. What 2 letters don’t appear on the telephone dial?
14. “what goes up must come down”, who said it?
15. A group of wolves is called?
16. What 2 #’s don’t have letters by them?
17. Which Sport is associated with the “Agha Khan Cup”?
18. What is Metaphor?
19. When you walk does your left arm swing w/ you right or left leg?
20. An angle of 180 degrees is known as?
21. On which body part a temporal lobe is placed?
22. How many matches are in a standard pack?
23. In which direction a fan rotates?
24. On our flag, is the top stripe red or white?
25. What do we call “Nitrous Oxide” in general meaning?
26. What is the worth of one dime?
27. What is the lowest # on the FM dial?
28. Can you tell us the correct meaning of the Italian word “Adagio”?
29. After how many years Olympic Games are held?
30. Who from the following is the CEO of the Microsoft Corporation?
31. Which way does water go down the drain, counter- or clockwise?
32. How the Olympic flag is designed?
33. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
34. If you are good in Poems then tell us that who was William Wordsworth?
35. What do the rings on the Olympic flag represent?
36. Which side of a women’s blouse are the buttons on?
37. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”, whose saying is this?
38. Who wrote the novel ‘The Great Gatsby’?
39. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
40. Exactly how many states are there in Australia country?
41. Name one of the most famous poem of William Wordsworth?
42. How many sides does a stop sign have?
43. Complete this easy sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy _____”?
44. What is the date of birth of Prince William?
45. Do books have even # pages on the right or left side?
46. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”, who said it?
47. Who is the younger son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana?
48. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
49. Where is the head-quarter of Microsoft Corporation?
50. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
51. Who was the first president of the USA?
52. What is the diameter of a dollar coin?
53. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who’s missing?
54. What is a triangle with 3 unequal sides called?
55. What the common point of the rays of an angle is called?
56. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
57. Which is the highest mountain of Australia?
58. The US Civil War was fought among which regions of the United States?
59. What is the height of Mount Kosciuszko?
60. On which playing card is the cardmaker’s trademark?
61. Is the sun a planet or star?
62. Which rock is situated in the center of the country?
63. On which side of a venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
64. Which planet is the hottest in our Solar System?
65. Which is the biggest coral reef in the world situated in Eastern Australia?
66. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
67. Which is the most abundant gas in our atmosphere?
68. Australia is the largest exporter of?
69. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?
70. When exposed to acid, what color does moist litmus paper turn?
71. Which Australian city is famous for the largest Christmas Parades in the world?
72. What is the special feature of amphibians?
73. Who designed the iconic Opera House?
74. What substance makes up 71% of the Earth?
75. On average how many beer drinks per year by Australians?
76. Water freezes at what temperature?
77. How much is the world’s longest Highway located in Australia (Highway 1)?
78. Which fish is known for not having any brain or heart?
79. In the list of Human Development Index where Australia stands?
80. What is the slowest living mammal on earth?
81. Who named the mountain ‘Mt. Disappointed’?
82. I am a part of a plant that makes food for the plant. What am I?
83. Who ran the world’s first marathon?
84. How many beaches are there in Australia?
85. Which is the oldest tennis tournament in the world?
86. Which city is also known as ‘Sin City’?
87. What is ‘Blue Bastard’?
88. Mariya Abakumova is associated with which sport?
89. What is the name of the pink lake situated in Australia?
90. What is the height of a basketball hoop in feet?
91. Which city’s nickname is ‘Windy City’?
92. Which is the national animal of Australia?
93. Tennis player Novak Djokovic belongs to which country?
94. What was the first building to have more than 100 floors?
95. In which country more camels are found than in Egypt?
96. Name the only wild card entrant who has won the Wimbledon?
97. What is the number of stars and stripes present in the flag of the United States of America?
98. What is a polynomial is Mathematics?
99. Who was crowned the MVP (the most valuable player) in the 2018 NBA finals?
100. How many nights are celebrated in Hanukkah?
101. One of the largest art museums situated in Paris is known as?
102. In which city were the first modern Olympics held?
103. The first atomic bomb was dropped in which city?
104. What is a synonym?
105. Which cricketer was offered the throne of Albania?
106. What is an antonym?
107. In Phantom of the Opera, when a sword fight occurs in the cemetery, where does Raoul get hurt?
108. Which is the world’s fastest car in 2019?
109. Who plays the lead character in Mean Girls?
110. Which Ocean is located south of South America?
111. Which is the world’s fastest animal?
112. Who was the first character to speak in Star Wars?
113. What is the capital of the United States of America?
114. V. Sindhu is associated with which game?
115. Why is 6th February a national holiday in Jamaica?
116. Which batsman started his cricket career at the very young age?
117. What is the capital of Japan?
118. When was Microsoft established?
119. In which year were the US Grammy awards started?
120. Where is Buckingham Palace located?
121. Which war was Lt. Hiroo Onoda ordered to stop fighting in 1974 by his commanding officer?
122. The game Golf was first played in which country?
123. Which 20th Century conflict led the US soldiers to die for a tie?
124. Which continent contains the most countries?
125. Mexico is in which continent?
126. Name the Filipino who was nicknamed the Iron Butterfly?
127. Luxembourg is in which continent?
128. What is the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte?
129. How long did World War Two last?
130. In 1930, which was also called the tragic year, how many Americans were unemployed?
131. What is the name of the sanctioning body, that hands down penalties and oversees all football operations?
132. In opposition to World War I, what grew popular in the 1920s?
133. Which desert mostly covers North Africa?
134. What is the name of the Ocean present between Africa and Australia?
135. What are the five categories of diving?
136. The British Raj lasted how many years in India?
137. Which is the largest rainforest in the world?
138. What are the colors of the Hancock Hawks?
139. Checkers were invented in which country?
140. When is the Independence Day of America celebrated?
141. How many total rushing yards did Erron Underwood have in his High School carrer?
142. Who was the first film star to appear on a postage stamp?
143. On which date is Halloween celebrated?
144. What high school located in Gastonia, won the 3AA state championship in 2002?
145. What was the first country to use postcards?
146. When is Saint Patrick’s Day celebrated?
147. Who was the first high schooler to break the four-minute barrier in the mile?
148. Which Irish political movement is named after a phrase translating into “We ourselves”?
149. What famous quarterback graduated from Hancock High School?
150. From 1933 to 1945, which country maintained an official state of emergency?
151. Who is the hulk?
152. How many sports does Zach Nelson play?
153. Winston Churchill was held captive as a prisoner during which war?
154. What is Captain America’s name?
155. What is longest race in high school track?
156. What is the name of King Henry VIII’s wife?
157. Who says “You’re killing me Smalls?”
158. Who is the Athletic Director for the Hancock Hawks?
159. Who is the author Flashman series of novels?
160. Who was the original singer of “Let It Go”?
161. What is another name for the triple jump?
162. Which Shakespearean character played the Prince of Tyre?
163. Who was the only player in NBA history to score 100 points in a game?
164. Who was the starting quarterback for the 1999 Hawks in the start of the season?
165. Name the author of the 2009 Newbery award-winning book, “The Graveyard”?
166. Who invented basketball?
167. Girls can do the 100 meter and 300 meter hurdles. What can boys do?
168. Paddington Bear belongs to which country?
169. Who is on the $100 bill?
170. Who was the starting fullback for the Hawks in 2000?
171. Who is the author of Gremlins?
172. In the novel Treasure Island, what is the name of Long John Silver’s parrot?
173. What school won the 1950 Class A State Championship?
174. Where does Zoey the beginning vampire attend school in the House of Night novels, written by P.C. Cast?
175. Does a merry-go-round turn clockwise or counterclockwise?
176. What does a fire need to keep it going?
177. Which relay is only open to girls(at all track meets)?
178. Who is the author of the famous novel Pride and Prejudice?
179. Name the three types of rock?
180. Hancock had an All-State running back on their 2000 team who rushed for over 2000+ yards. What is his middle name?
181. What is the name of the wizard in Hobbit?
182. Who holds the Batting Average record at Hancock High?
183. What is the name of the Poltergeist in the Harry Potter series?
184. On what day/night of the year does Troy meet Gabriella?
185. In a long-distance race(800 meters or above) how many steps are you allowed outside of the innermost lane (onto the infield) before you are disqualified?
186. In a Dr. Seuss book who steals Christmas?
187. What is Troy’s last name in High School Musical?
188. What University did assistant baseball coach Joey Brockhoff coach at in his younger days?
189. In which country is the world’s tallest building?
190. Why are the Wildcats so excited when the movie starts?
191. How many consecutive 4A/4AA championships did Charlotte Independence win between 2000 and 2006?
192. Which is the largest landlocked country in the world?
193. What song does Sharpay sing with Troy?
194. What is it called when you get kicked in a race?
195. Which European country is divided into departments?
196. What did Chad’s t-shirt say at the beginning of the High School Musical?
197. Prior to the 1998 State Championships, who had won the most State Championships?
198. Which country is the world’s oldest republic?
199. What color shirt was Gabriella wearing when she first sang with Troy?
200. Who led the Hawk in tackles in 2000?
201. What is the population of Switzerland?
202. Where does Troy Bolton live?
203. What number did Chris Goff wear in his senior year of football?
204. Who were the rulers of England from 827 to 860?
205. What school had to forfeit a game in the state semi-finals in the 2005 Class 4A State Championship Tournament?
206. In which North American country was Celine Dion born?
207. Where do the main characters of the High School Musical first meet?
208. Who is the Defensive Co. for the Hancock Hawks?
209. Ronaldsway airport is located on which Island?
210. What is Troy’s basketball number?
211. What Sophmore led the basketball team in scoring in 2000?
212. In which country are the Taurus Mountains located?
213. What does Troy give to Gabriella?
214. What do sprinters start out of?
215. What are the four official languages of Singapore?
216. Where are Troy and Gabriella when they have a picnic?
217. In the Carroll/St. Joseph’s game, play was halted momentarily in the third period, when Christien Joubert was tackled by who?
218. Name the sea between Australia and New Zealand?
219. What does Coach Bolton tell everybody that Troy does when Gabriella calls?
220. In the State Championship Game, St. Joseph’s led only once, and that was 1-0. Who got St. Joe on the board?
221. Which is the busiest airport in the world?
222. Whose Power-Play goal with 5:30 to go tied the game at 4?
223. In which country is Machu Picchu, an ancient city, located?
224. Who is Ryan Evan’s sister?
225. Who’s goal with 2:48 left gave Perry the State Championship?
226. What are slugs and snails called?
227. What are the numbers on Troy’s uniforms in the games and at practice?
228. What is a female flower’s reproductive organ called?
229. What is the official nickname of Texas?
230. What is a seedling without branches called?
231. What are the WildCats’ team colors?
233. What is a small Japanese orange called?
234. Taylor Mckessie is best friends with which “High School Musical” character?
236. Where does Troy get offered a job at?
237. When did William Wordsworth die?
238. What are the largest flowers of the genus Helianthus known as?
239. What is Sharpay’s dog’s name?
240. Which state is known as the Empire State?
241. Name the cereal which grows only in water?
242. What is Jason’s job when Troy is eating dinner with Sharpay and her family?
243. When did Princess Diana die?
244. How is the age of a tree identified?
245. What is Zeke’s secret passion?
246. When was America affected by Hurricane Katarina?
247. What is Lancashire known for?
248. Kelsi plays which musical instrument?
249. Name the Largest Dam of the World?
250. What is the old fashioned name for tomato?
251. How many bones are there in a human body?
252. Which invention is associated with Wright Brothers?
253. From which flower is the vanilla flavor derived?
254. What job does Zeke do?
255. Which is the largest and tallest tree in the world?
256. Who is Ryan walking with when Troy and Gabriella kiss?
257. What is the meaning of leap year?
258. Which is the sacred flower of the Buddhist religion?
259. What color is Gabriella’s lifeguard swimsuit?
260. Who discovered the Cell?
261. What does DC stand for in electrical terminology?
262. What type of angel did Chad dream of being?
264. What does HB mean in biological terms?
265. 1989 is the album of which singer?
266. What does Gabriella tell Troy that she did in the same day that she scored 41 points on a League Championship Game?
267. What is a person who studies weather called?
268. What break was the school on at the start of the High School Musical?
269. Which is the largest lake of the world?
270. What did ancient Romans use to dye their hair?
271. What is the one thing Ms. Darbus cannot stand the most?
272. When was the first Dollar Coin made?
273. Marilyn Monroe died in which country?
274. What does Troy pretend to be doing when he is actually auditioning for the musical?
275. How many countries are the members of the United Nations
276. Which mammal has the longest gestation period?
277. What area of the school does Ms Darbus work in?
278. When was the computer invented?
279. Why do the Wildcats sing “Work This Out”?
280. Who developed the cartoon series of Tom and Jerry?
281. Centigrade equals Fahrenheit at which temperature?
282. What song do Troy and Gabriella sing in the talent show?
283. ‘Stars and Stripes’ is the nickname of the flag of which country?
284. When did the Eiffel Tower open?
285. What is Troy’s cell-phone ringtone?
286. Name three wonders of the world?
287. Which period came first, the Jurassic or Triassic?
289. What kind of trophy do Sharpay and Ryan both want to win
290. Who is the patron saint of Island?
291. What is Lady Gaga’s birth name?
292. What color pants was Sharpay wearing when they sang “We’re All In This Together”?
293. What is the capital of Italy?
294. Where is Sahara Desert situated?
295. What does Gabriella compare singing with Troy to?
296. Which email service is owned by Microsoft?
297. What was the first state?
298. What does WHO stands for
299. Which scientist was awarded the 1921 Nobel Prize in physics?
300. How many elements are in the periodic table?