If you have a sweet spot for music then you are aware of how and why pop music is well appreciated by a wider audience.
Dominated by urban culture, pop music is often written by well-known professionals. The repetition in patterns, rhythms, and lyrics as well as revolving around the same themes make pop a popular genre among all.
We’ve rounded up the best pop love songs trivia questions to help you reminisce when you had to shout out those gooey emotions or the moments you enjoyed a good dance.
Pop Music Trivia Questions and Answers
Our pop music trivia questions give you a revisiting experience of the 1990s pop culture and let you meet the Backstreet Boys once again. It just doesn’t stop with the Backstreet Boys, you will feel the rhythm of Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams, and Christina Aguilera once again.
If you think you’re a pop guru because you like a few Dua Lipa songs and once brought your loved ones to see One Direction. These pop music trivia questions and answers below will test your knowledge good and properly.
1. Which 80s star is recognized by Guinness World Records as the best-selling female recording artist of all time?
2. Which band recorded the song “If I Could Change Your Mind” which peaked at 27 on the UK Singles Chart?
3. Which iconic songstress actually grew up on a Christmas tree farm?
4. “Tremor” is a song by electronic DJ duo Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and which fellow DJ and producer?
5. The Grateful Dead’s highly-devoted fanbase are known as what?
6. Who encouraged the world to ‘Get Down on It’ in 1981?
7. Which song was released as the lead single from the Kooks’ fourth studio album “Listen”?
8. In 1989, which pop group was formed consisting of members from the 1980’s boy band New Edition?
9. Depeche mode had their first major U.S hit in 1981 with which song?
10. What George Michael song’s lyrics begin with, “These are the days of the open hand”?
11. David Bowie appeared in what cult film in 1986?
12. Which of the following rock legends died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound?
13. Which country do iconic pop trio A-ha come from?
14. Which Foxes song is the third single from her debut studio album “Glorious”?
15. Michael Jackson debuted his trademark moonwalk during which song in 1983?
16. In 2019, which pop singer claims that US President Donald Trump called her after she performed at the 2013 MTV VMAs?
17. Which The Cure album features the song ‘Fascination Street’?
18. How many Grammy nominations did Kid Cudi receive for his debut single “Day ‘n’ Nite”?
19. Bootylicious has become an accepted word in the Oxford Dictionary thanks to a track of the same name by which artist(s)?
20. Calvin Harris has how many UK number one singles prior to releasing the 2014 hit “Summer”“?
21. The most awarded female act of all time goes to… which 80s sensation?
22. How old was Britney Spears when her hit song ‘Baby One More Time’ came out in 1998?
23. The string intro of Pharrell Williams’ song “Marilyn Monroe” was written by which violinist?
24. Nicki Minaj had a well-publicized beef with which fellow “American Idol” judge during her employment as such on the show in 2012?
25. What is the other language that Celine Dion regularly sang in throughout the 90s?
26. Who teams up with Kanye West to provide guest vocals on Keri Hilson’s 2009 single “Knock You Down”?
27. Justin Timberlake was the former lead singer of which famous boy band?
28. Starting in 1997, who had an unprecedented 71-week run on the Billboard R&B chart with ‘U Make me Wanna’?
29. Sheryl Crow’s first big break came as a backup singer for which artist?
30. Kelly Rowland was once a fellow band mate of which other famous singer?
31. Who won a grammy for best reggae album in 1995 with Boombastic?
32. What year did Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya & Pink have a top 100 single on the year-end Billboard charts?
33. Which music legend was sentenced to six years in prison in 1988?
34. Vanilla Ice’s 1991 hit “Ice Ice Baby” used a sample from which Queen song?
35. Which famous contemporary pop singer has a tattoo of Jesus Christ on one of his calves?
36. Sean John Clothing was the fashion venture of which 90s icon, launched in 1998?
37. The song “Half Light” by drum and bass producer Wilkinson features vocals from which singer?
38. In 2014, music producer Dr. Luke initiated legal action against which pop singer?
39. It took Mariah Carey 15 minutes to write which holiday hit in 1994?
40. The Christina Aguilera song “Reflection” is from what Disney movie?
41. Tamla Records is the former name of which well-established record label?
42. After a decade of writing Spanish songs, which artist reached international fame from 2001 onwards with English ones?
43. Which single by Bruno Mars spent 22 weeks in the Billboard Top 10 in 2010?
44. Which band recorded the 2014 UK Singles chart-topper “She Looks So Perfect”?
45. Which music superstar was offered a professional ice-hockey contract back in 2012?
46. Which artist released 3 prison-themed albums called Trouble, Konvicted and Freedom throughout the 00s?
47. Which artist won The X Factor in 2006 and remains the best-selling act from the show?
48. The song “It’s On Again” by Alicia Keys featuring Kendrick Lamar was written for which 2014 film?
49. Which member of Maroon 5 founded his own record label in his hometown of New Orleans, Louisiana?
50. Which album from Snow Patrol won an Ivor Novello award in 2007?
51. How many Grammy nominations did Kid Cudi receive for his debut single “Day ‘n’ Nite”?
52. Which music icon began his career as a member of a group called The Wailers?
53. After a decade of successful 90s hits, Mary J Blige started her reign in the 00s with which 2001 album?
54. How old was Cher when “I Got You Babe” reached #1 on The Billboard Top 100?
55. Who was the first Western music artist(s) to be allowed to perform a concert in China?
56. Mike Posner originally wrote his hit single “Cooler Than Me” while studying at which university?
57. What pop star wrote songs for Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Alice Cooper?
58. Which song from Ellie Goulding’s album “Halcyon Days” was co-written by Nate Ruess, the frontman of Fun?
59. Lady Gaga derived her stage name from a song performed by which legendary band?
60. Before Miley Cyrus recorded “Wrecking Ball,” it was offered to which singer?
61. In 2012, Flo Rida appeared at what event to sing “Wild Ones” live?
62. “Rivers of Babylon” is a hit song sung by which outstanding musical group?
63. What was Madonna‘s first top 10 hit?
64. In 2012, Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” was featured in an ad for which model of car?
65. Which music diva lost both her brother and husband to cancer in 2016?
66. Eminem‘s 8 Mile is named after a road in which city?
67. What was the first album release for Kate Bush in the 80’s?
68. Miley Cyrus’ dad is a superstar in his own right, specializing in which type of music?
69. Paul McCartney credits which artist with teaching him everything he knows?
70. Who was the last Beatle to get married for the first time?
71. Which pop musician was deported from Japan in the 1980’s for possession of marijuana?
72. Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
73. The song “Don’t Speak” was about Gwen Stefani’s relationship with whom?
74. Which pop music duo held a free concert in New York City’s Central Park in 1981 that attracted about half a million fans?
75. The song “It’s On Again” by Alicia Keys featuring Kendrick Lamar was written for which 2014 film?
76. How old was Canadian-born Avril Lavigne when she signed her first recording contract?
77. Paul McCartney and John Lennon wrote which Rolling Stones song?
78. Where was Jon Secada born?
79. Which prominent British singer was declared a baron of an independent state in 2012?
80. Which member of NSYNC was a replacement for another who quit before they got big?
81. In Katy Perry’s 2012 single “Wide Awake”, she claims that she is “falling from” which body?
82. What other legendary vocalist is a cousin of Whitney Houston?
83. Grime artist Lethal Bizzle’s song “The Drop” features vocals by which singer?
84. The musical group 3T are all relatives of which legendary pop musician?
85. What singer is known as “The Vocal Bible?”
86. Which classical composer was deaf?
87. Which Wilson Phillips member had gastric bypass surgery?
88. Musician Peter Tork died on 21 February 2019. Which band was he a part of?
89. Prince introduced his iconic symbol on the cover of which single?
90. What did Stevie Ray Vaughan name of his most beloved guitar?
91. The video for Calvin Harris’ “Summer” features a cameo appearance by which actor?
92. Which famous American pop singer was actually born in the State of Hawaii?
93. What book do The Police reference in “Don’t Stand So Close to Me?”
94. Sanna Nielsen’s song “Undo” finished in what place in the final of Eurovision Song Contest 2014?
95. Michael Jackson’s Thriller was produced by which iconic music producer?
96. Where was Tupac Shakur born?
97. The song “Here for You” by English production duo Gorgon City features vocals from which singer?
98. The classic dance song “Electric Boogie” (aka Electric Slide) was written by which iconic songwriter?
99. Frank Sinatra changed the lyrics of “The Lady is a Tramp” to “The Lady is a” what?
100. The bridge of Jordin’ Sparks’ “Battlefield” instructs the listener to get what?
101. Which musician has his real name as Peter Gene Hernandez?
102. Which rock band made a brief yet memorable appearance in The Simpsons Movie (2007)?
103. Who was the first lead guitarist of Metallica?
104. In 2000, which artist(s) won the British Phonographic Industry (BRIT) Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music?
105. Which Super Bowl Halftime Show performer was upstaged by a dancing shark?
106. The 2012 global hit song “Call Me Maybe” was sung by a musician from which country?
107. R. Kelly’s unforgettable “I Believe I Can Fly” was originally featured on the soundtrack of which movie?
108. What does Lady Gaga affectionately call her fans?
109. Who composed the US national anthem?
110. “William Bowery” is a pseudonym for whom?
111. What is the longest song to have ever been recorded in modern history?
112. Kenneth Edmonds is the legal name of which prominent music artist?
113. Cardi B starred on what reality show?
114. Which band had the highest number of members?
115. Kelly Rowland was once a fellow band mate of which other famous singer?
116. Which rock legend’s real name is William Bailey?
117. What iconic Nashville club does Garth Brooks call “the beginning and the mecca, the end”?
118. Which hit song is the Aussie star Gotye best know for?
119. Which rappers were admitted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame amid controversy – including the move being criticized by Gene Simmons himself – in 2016?
120. George Harrison wrote what song for Eric Clapton about his sweet tooth?
121. Which rock band sang about “Wrong Side of Heaven and Righteous Side of Hell”?
122. Which singer ripped up a photograph of the Pope on international television?
123. Who sang the Spongebob Squarepants theme song for the movie?
124. Which Austrian musician outsold Beyonce, Adele, and Drake in the number of CDs sold in 2016?
125. Which band recorded an album in the same California house where an infamous mass murder occurred?
126. What singer founded the Mutt Nation dog rescue organization?
127. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is situated in which US State?
128. Jared Leto is the front man of what band?
129. What was the Jingle Bells song initially called?
130. Which famous music group were formerly known as the New Yardbirds?
131. Who, to date, has won the most Grammys of all time?
132. Which rapper holds the world record for the most words per minute?
133. In 2015, a song by which artist became the only song to have sold over a million downloads in just a single week?
134. Adele credits what political figure for making her career?
135. Which female musician’s shaved head photo sold for $500,000 back in 2007?
136. Which group holds the distinction of starring in the first music video ever aired on MTV?
137. What is Post Malone‘s favorite restaurant?
138. Which hip-hop rap star artist has real names as Onika Miraj?
139. In 2011, which music superstar launched her own social media website?
140. Which member of Kiss wore makeup to look like a cat?
141. Which band is so important to their country’s economy in that it cannot be allowed to fall?
142. Which of the following songstresses was a member of The Mickey Mouse Club early in her career?
143. Billie Eilish is obsessed with which classic TV show?
144. I am too good to you. I am way too good to you,” are lyrics from a hit song by which hip hop superstar?
145. Taylor Swift named her debut country single after which singer?
146. When Mannequin Challenge was trending back in 2016, which song accompanied it?
147. What rockstar’s memoir is titled The Heroin Diaries?
148. Which musician has most of his songs featured in the X-rated movies like, “The 50 Shades of Grey”?
149. In 2018, Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke were ordered to pay approximately $5 million to the estate of which late musician?
150. What legendary pop group got their name from “Brothers Gibb”?
151. Which of the Cardi B song has these lyrics, “You in the club just to party. I’m there, I get paid a fee”?
152. What is the stage name of David Evans, who has been a prominent rock star throughout the last quarter of the 20th century and beyond?
153. Jay-Zsays he got his MBA from where?
154. Who is the rapper in Usher’s hit song, “Yeah”?
155. The material girl’ is a name associated with which music superstar?
156. John Mayer wrote a song about which law of physics?
157. Which hip-hop musician has her real name as Robyn Fenty?
158. The “J” in Mary J. Blige stands for what?
159. Which pop musician has her real name as Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar?
160. Which Marvel movie’s soundtrack won two Grammys?
161. Who introduced the bossa nova sound in 1960?
162. Which 80s star is recognised by Guinness World Records as the best-selling female recording artist of all time?
163. The song “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts is a cover. Which band sang the original?
164. Which American city does Jazz originate from?
165. Who encouraged the world to ‘Get Down on It’ in 1981?
166. Before he was the frontman for Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl was the dummer for which band?
167. For which album did Ella Fitzgerald receive a Grammy award?
168. Depeche mode had their first major U.S hit in 1981 with which song?
169. What is the #1 streamed song on Spotify?
170. Who is the vocalist for the album ‘Lady Sings the Blues’?
171. Who claimed that ‘I’m Still Standing’ in 1983?
172. Annie Lennox is the most famous of the Eurythmics duo. Who was the other member?
173. After the release of his album Reincarnated in 2012, Snoop Dog changed his name to what?
174. Whitney Houston famously covered “I Will Always Love You”—who sang the original?
175. Who sang Keep Ya Head Up?
176. Starting in 1981, Duran Duran have released how many albums to date?
177. Who replaced David Lee Roth as the lead singer of Van Halen?
178. What was Christopher George Latore Wallace’s stage name?
179. Welcome to the Pleasuredome was the debut studio album of which band?
180. What word is missing from this quote from Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights? “Whatever our ___ are made of, his and mine are the same?”
181. Who sang Empire State of Mind?
182. From 1982 to 1984, Robert Smith was the guitarist of two bands: The Cure and who else?
183. Which female rapper released her first solo album Lyte as a Rock in 1988?
184. Known as The Godfather of Hip Hop culture, which artist was one of the first founders of breakbeat DJing?
185. Which rapping trio had their single become the first rap single to become top 40?
186. Credited for the origin of hip-hop culture in New York, Clive Campbell is known as what?
187. What are the first names of the Kemp brothers from the 80s new wave band Spandau Ballet?
188. Who was known as The Texas Cannonball?
189. Alison Moyet and Depeche Mode’s Vince Clark were in what electropop band together in 1981?
190. Which guitarist had to give up playing the guitar after he was attacked and injured?
191. R Kelly “don’t see nothing wrong with a little…” what?
192. Which instrument did Big Mama Thornton play on stage?
193. Which tool-themed MC won best rap video and best dance video at the 1990 MTV Video Music Awards?
194. Who is considered as the father of Blues?
195. Who sang I’d Rather Go Blind?
196. Who disrupted Michael Jackson’s performance of Earth Song at the 1996 Brit Awards by mooning on stage?
197. One of the most celebrated figures of Blues music, how old was Robert Johnson when he died?
198. Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin and others contributed to which musical movement in the late 90s?
199. Who sang Goodnight, Irene?
200. Robbie Williams began a famous solo career after leaving which band in 1995?
201. The artist Diamond Platnumz comes from which country?
202. Stephen Sondheim says his only autobiographical song is which?
203. What was Smokey Robinson’s most famous band called?
204. What’s the original name of the Four Tops?
205. Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen’s 1962 hit was called March of the … what?
206. What radio station does Stevie Wonder own?
207. Who sang the hit theme song Rawhide?
208. Who became famous after the hit song, “I kissed a girl”?
209. Ed Sheeran music albums are named after mathematical symbols. Which of these symbols is not one of them: + – × ÷?
210. London born singer Miss Adkins is better known by what name?
211. What do the letters in ABBA stand for?
212. Which comedy actor had a novelty hit with My Boomerang Won’t Come Back?
213. Steven Tyler was the lead singer of which rock band?
214. What is the shortest song ever recorded in modern history?
215. Who sang with Serge Gainsbourg on the hit Je t’aime?
216. Rubber Bullets by 10cc was a song written about what type of event?
217. Which country does Shakira come from?
218. Which country pop singer was born Eilleen Regina Edwards?
219. What’s the name of the first hit song by Pearl Jam?
220. Stewart Copeland was the drummer with which band?
221. What Michael Jackson album was released in the 90s?
222. Which popular hip hop superstar has a tattoo of Jesus on one of his eyes?
223. Which English rock band, formed in London in 1969, takes its name from a fictional character in David Copperfield?
224. Which female artist had a Foo Fighters band member play drums for her?
225. Who are the founding members of the group Backstreet Boys?
226. In which American city was Elvis discovered dead in 1977?
227.”Our Song” was originally written by Taylor Swift for what event?
228. Who managed the Beatles’ prior to his early death in 1967?
229. In which year was the first rap music recorded?
230. About how many musical pieces are considered to be “classical” in nature?
231. “Tainted Love” was the single hit by which musical artist?
232. What’s the name of the motorbiker who dies in the Shangri-Las’ hit The Leader of the Pack?
233. Lulu sang the theme song to which 1967 film about an inner-city school, starring Sidney Poitier?
234. Which singer’s Eurovision Song Contest entry was Knock Knock (Who’s There?)?
235. Who wrote the instrumental A Swingin’ Safari and led the orchestra which played the original hit version?
236. Which British comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit Tears?
237. Daniel Stein, an English DJ and record producer known for his electronic music, is better known by what name?
238. Which artist recorded the song “The Remedy?”
239. Guess The Song From The Lyrics “Mah Nà Mah Nà”…?
240. Which soul band’s hits included ‘Emma’, ‘So You Win Again’ and ‘Brother Louie’?
241. What song has these lyrics “I think I’m moving but I don’t know where”?
242. The debut album of ‘The Killers’ came out in 2004. What was it named?
243. Who wrote Patsy Cline’s hit Crazy?
244. What worldwide hit by Nelly Furtado was #1 on over 20 different music charts?
245. Who were the famous backing singers on most of Elvis Presley’s early hits?
246. When did Pop genre start?
247. Which singer is married to Trudie Styler?
248. Which British reggae bandy are best remembered for their successful 1982 single ‘Pass the Dutchie’?
249. “Put to rest, what you thought of me.” What song is this from?
250. Which song led Justin Bieber to stardom?
251. Which musical duo had the albums ‘Rockney’ and ‘A Christmas Knees-Up’?
252. The song “Breakaway” was performed by which solo artist?
253. Which song crashed the YouTube view limit for the first time?
254. Whose band was the All Stars?
255. Who sang the lyric “I’m not here for your entertainment, you don’t really wanna mess with me tonight…”?
256. When did Miley Cyrus release Wrecking Ball?
257. Larry Adler played what instrument?
258. “No I don’t think she has a clue.” What song is this from?
259. Who sang the Gangnam Style?
260. Which group’s best-known recording is the 1967 single ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’?
261. Who collaborated with the Pussycat Dolls in the song “Stick With You”?
262. Which rapper has built a reputation also being a mentor and producer?
263. What is the first name of compose Vivaldi?
264. These lyrics are from what song? “Can you hear me, are you near me?”
265. Who was the first-ever female rapper?
266. Which singer was known as Little Miss Dynamite?
267. Which song do these lyrics come from? “I woke up in the middle of the night and I noticed my girl wasn’t by my side, coulda sworn I was dreamin, for her I was feenin, so I hadda take a little ride”.
268. What is the African form of communication considered as the root of rap music?
269. Which Italian classical tenor became blind at the age of 12 following a football accident?
270. Which group recorded the album “Deja Entendu”?
271. ‘I Will Never Let You Down’, became which singer’s fourth UK number one in 2014?
272. Who sang the following words “There’s too many weeds in the flowers”?
273. Who was nicknamed ‘The Big O’?
274. Who was featured on Jojo’s “Baby It’s You”?
275. Which member of the Hollies went on to join the hugely successful American band commonly known by their initials CSNY?
276. Who sings “Hey Mama”?
277. Angie Martinez and Lil Mo had a hit with “If I Could Go”. Who else was featured on this song?
278. The Beatles’ first album was called?
279. Who sang the title song of the film The Girl Can’t Help It?
280. The song Got to Get you into My Life was written about what?
281. Who originally fronted Herman’s Hermits?
282. Which former pop group member sings “You’re a good girl and that’s what makes me trust ya” on their solo CD?
283. Where was John Lennon assassinated?
284. Who was the youngest Beatle?
285. What group became famous in the 1960s for their parody impressions of other hit songs?
286. What late singer’s last hit was “Rock the Boat”?
287. How many singles did the Beatles record?
288. What was Gary Glitter’s earlier stage name in the 1960s?
289. What band has hits with “Here to Stay” and “Thoughtless”?
290. Who had hits with “Country Grammar”, “Ride Wit Me” and “Hot in Herre”?
291. What is Eminem’s album released in 2000 named?
292. Who sings the song ‘Bills,Bills,Bills’?
293. What was the genre of the Beatles?
294. Corin Tucker, from Sleater Kinney, was also a member of which band?
295. Which country band or artist sings the song “All Your Life?”
296. Which singer accompanied Alicia Keys on the 2004 hit single “My Boo”?
297. The 184.108.40.206’s are a rock trio from which city?
298. What song is this from? “Hey! Hey! You! You! I don’t like your girlfriend! No way! No way! I think you need a new one Hey! Hey! You! You! I could be your girlfriend”
299. Who made the 1962 hit Monster Mash?
300. Name this song: “You say that I’m crazy and I kind of understand. How I wish for this nightmare to end?”