Let’s talk kingdoms! You’ve just thought of Buckingham Palace and Queen Elizabeth? Well, how about you receive our virtual hi-fives because we are about to talk about the United Kingdom.
The United Kingdom is an island nation in northwestern Europe made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It is home to great people, cities, and heroes to mention the least. Did you know that England is the birthplace of Shakespeare, yes the famous English writer, and it is also home to The Beatles, the University of Oxford, and the University of Cambridge among so many other remarkable places?
I mean, if the United Kingdom was a girl, it would definitely be one of the prettiest and actually make it to the cover of Vogue magazine.
UK Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Have you visited the United Kingdom? If not, is it on your bucket list? Which specific places are your dream destinations? In general, how much do you know about it? Its rich history, traditions, culture, and people?
We understand that time spent with our loved ones is forever golden, why not gather them and try answering these questions? We promise it’ll be fun! Oh! A trip to the U.K. will definitely be the highlight of all the knowledge you’ll gain from this trivia quiz.
1. What is the national animal of England?
2. What is the highest mountain in Great Britain?
3. What is the name of England’s Saint Patron?
4. Catatonia is a famous band from Wales, but who is their lead singer?
5. What is the largest lake in the UK?
6. Which colors are on the English flag?
7. What is the most common street name in Great Britain?
8. What is the longest canal in the UK?
9. What is the population of England?
10. Which village in Wales shares its name with a term meaning to ‘say something indistinctly and quietly’?
11. In which British country can you find the fastest zipline in the world?
12. How many land borders does England have?
13. Which is the only village in England with a name ending with an exclamation mark?
14. What is the capital of Wales?
15. What city was the capital of England before London?
16. The River Severn is the longest river in Britain at 354 km, but which is the second-longest?
17. What is the smallest city in the UK?
18. Who is the current monarch of England?
19. Which famous jazz club has the address 47 Frith Street, London?
20. What is the smallest county in England?
21. When is England’s national day?
22. In which county would you find the White Cliffs of Dover?
23. What is the highest mountain in Wales?
24. Which anthem is used when England is represented at sporting events?
25. Who was the first monarch to use Buckingham Palace as their official residence?
26. What is the name of the estuary located between Cardiff and Bristol?
27. How many administrative counties are there in England?
28. 8 Ball, Easy Peeler, and Clockwork Tangerine are all types of British what?
29. How tall is Mam Tor, Peak District?
30. Which English artist sang “Shape of you” and “Perfect”?
31. What is the national flower of Wales?
32. How tall is Pen-Y-Fan, Brecon Beacons?
33. Where were the Beatles from?
34. What is the capital city of Scotland?
35. Which Yorkshire town is associated with Dracula?
36. In which country was Freddie Mercury born?
37. Which metal shares its name with a famous London theatre?
38. In which seaside town can you find the North Bay and South Bay beaches?
39. Which English singer was born in Brixton, London, and died in 2016?
40. Which mountain range is often described as the ‘backbone of England’?
41. Which national park in England is the oldest in Britain?
42. What’s the name of Ginger Spice?
43. What’s Danny Dyer’s daughter called?
44. In which county is Manchester?
45. What is Elton John’s real name?
46. Who is Abbey Clancy married to?
47. What is the southernmost county in the UK?
48. Who’s Coldplay’s lead singer?
49. Natalie Cassidy played which character on which soap?
50. What is the second-largest city in Northern Ireland?
51. In which English city were Liam and Noel Gallagher born?
52. How many wives has Rod Stewart had?
53. In which Scottish lake can you find Nessie?
54. In which county is Glastonbury?
55. Paul O’Grady used to be known as?
56. What is the largest freshwater lake in Northern Ireland?
57. In which city does BoomTown festival take place?
58. Which Loose Woman has a son called Rex?
59. In which national park can you find Loch Lomond?
60. In which country was J.R.R. Tolkien (author of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings) born?
61. Which English celebrity made her TV debut on Blind Date?
62. What is the name of the lake in Malham, Yorkshire Dales?
63. Who’s famous English author wrote Oliver Twist?
64. Name Adele’s albums.
65. What is the second largest lake in the Lake District?
66. In which city was Shakespeare born?
67. Who played Ali G and Borat?
68. Which artificial lake submerged the village of Llanwddyn?
69. Which famous English female author is buried in Winchester cathedral?
70. Who played Harry, Ron, and Hermione?
71. In which national park can you find Llyn y Fan Fach?
72. What was the pen name of the English novelist and critic Eric Arthur Blair?
73. Which English celebrity has been on the cover of Vogue over 300 times?
74. In which national park can you find Ladybower Reservoir?
75. Which English book series is known as the best-selling book series in history?
76. Which super-cool English DCI John is also a DJ, playing at festivals and clubs all over the world?
77. Which lake was built for rowing and financed by Eton College?
78. What is the largest artificial lake in the UK (bonus point for the county)?
79. Where does Sherlock Holmes live?
80. Which English actor is better known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard?
81. How many national parks are there in the UK?
82. In which city was Charles Darwin born?
83. Who played one of the most famous characters to come out of England, with a TV show shown in over 200 counties, perhaps most famous for having a turkey on his head?
84. What is the highest point in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park?
85. In which city was the first free library of Britain?
86. Who played the mum who stole our hearts in Love Actually, when she received a Janis Joplin CD instead of a necklace?
87. Which national park can you find in Hampshire?
88. In which English city is Europe’s largest library located?
89. Which English actress doesn’t actually live with her husband Tim Burton, but lives in adjoining houses?
90. What is the most northerly National park in the UK?
91. Where are the Harry Potter Studios located?
92. Which English actor is the youngest to play the part of Dr Who?
93. In which national park can you find the most ancient monuments?
94. Who presents Task Master on Channel 4?
95. Who wore a Nazi uniform to a party?
96. What is the most populated national park in the UK?
97. What is the UK version of “Dance with the stars”?
98. Who paddleboarded naked, with it allll out?
99. What is the most visited National Park in the UK?
100. In which English city is “Peaky Blinders” set?
101. Who is Taylor Swift said to be singing about in ‘Style‘ (“You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye…”)
102. In which national park can you find Stalham and Wroxham?
103. Which English show is the world’s longest-running television soap opera?
104. Which English celebrity tweeted that London was no longer an ‘English city?’
105. How many national parks are there in Wales?
106. Which TV show features entrepreneurs pitching their business ideas for investment?
107. Which singer apparently wrote a song about Ellie Goulding cheating on him? (“We were staying on the same ** hotel floor”)
108. Which river flows through London?
109. Which English actor is known as Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones?
110. Which controversial celebrity was born Katrina Amy Alexandria Alexis?
111. What is the longest river in Great Britain?
112. Which English actor portrayed James Bond in Casino Royale?
113. Which famous actor recently attempted to become Mayor of London?
114. Which river flows through Newcastle?
115. Which king does Colin Firth play in the King’s Speech?
116. Which member of S Club 7 joined in with Jade Goody in the racist attack on Shilpa Shetty?
117. Which river flows through Bristol?
118. Which English actress plays in both Harry Potter and Downton Abbey?
119. Which English celebrity ‘fainted’ on I’m a Celebrity to get out of the bushtucker trials?
120. Which river flows through Edinburgh?
121. Who was England’s Prime Minister in 2000?
122. Mischa Barton was born in England. True or False?
123. In which countries can you find the River Wye?
124. Which is the oldest university in England?
125. Gillian Anderson fled England for the USA in 1980 after seeing a UFO over the Chiltern Hills. True or False?
126. What is the longest river located only in England?
127. Who is the UK’s longest-serving monarch?
128. Meghan Markle visited England as a teenager and went to Buckingham Palace. True or False?
129. Which river flows through York?
130. In which year did the Great Fire of London take place?
131. Jerry Springer was born in England. True or False?
132. Which group of islands lies southwest of Cornwall?
133. In 1940-41, London was bombed. How is this event called?
134. Keira Knightley emigrated because she couldn’t stand the English obsession with tea. True or False?
135. Which company operates the ferry to go to the Isle of Wight?
136. In which abbey was Queen Elizabeth II coronated?
137. James Cordon is liked more in the USA than in England. True or False?
138. What is the name of the archipelago where you can find the site of Skara Brae?
139. When and where did Princess Diana die?
140. Despite playing his ‘English gentleman’ roles, Colin Firth is actually American. True or False?
141. What is the largest Channel Island between England and France?
142. Which house was represented by a red rose during the Wars of the Roses?
143. Thandie Newton’s name has been spelled wrong after all this time after it was spelled wrong in the credits of her first movie and stuck. True or False?
144. Of which island is Douglas the capital?
145. When was the Brexit Referendum?
146. Kate Winslet and Daniel Craig went to school together. True or False?
147. On which island can you find Quiraing?
148. Who was Henry VIII’s first wife?
149. What does the HP stand for in HP sauce?
150. What is the name of the cave owned by the National Trust for Scotland on the island of Staffa?
151. In which city was the soft drink Vimto invented?
152. Which breakfast item is proudly made in Burton on Trent?
153. On which island can you find the town of Tobermory?
154. What type of beans are baked beans?
155. ‘Like Tea used to be’ refers to which tea?
156. What is the southernmost of the Inner Hebrides islands?
157. What meat is used in a cottage pie?
158. What is a smoked herring also known as?
159. Dave Gahan is the lead singer with which band that got its name from a French fashion magazine?
160. What are the 3 main ingredients of an Eton Mess?
161. What type of animal forms the basis of a kedgeree, be precise?
162. What is the name of the Northern Ireland band that released their debut single “Suspect Device” on their own label Rigid Digits?
163. Which English dessert is made of banana, toffee, and cream?
164. What caused the holes in crumpets?
165. Which rock band from Manchester, England released songs such as “Wonderwall”, “Cigarettes and Alcohol” and “Champagne Supernova”?
166. What type of cheese is the Stilton?
167. When it comes to breakfast, what are soldiers?
168. Ringo Starr was the drummer in this group before leaving to join The Beatles. Who were they?
169. What are “bangers”?
170. Which is healthier, a croissant or an English muffin?
171. Which band released a song with these lyrics? “In touch with the ground, I’m on the hunt I’m after you Smell like I sound, I’m lost in a crowd…”
172. What is the British equivalent of Vegemite?
173. I’m stuffed with beef, turnips, potatoes, and onions, and was first served in south
England, what am I?
174. Cliff Richard, known as the “Peter Pan of Pop” in the UK, had his first hit in 1958. It is probably one of his few real rock numbers. What was it called?
175. What type of pastry is used in a Beef Wellington?
176. I’m found in Devon and people often argue about which is spread on me first, what
177. “Tell Laura I Love Her” was a US top ten hit for Ray Peterson in 1960. Who recorded a cover version which reached number one in the UK in September 1960?
178. Which Indian dish was invented in the UK?
179. I have a thin layer of fat, and am kinda a big deal in Melton Mowbray, what am I?
180. Billy Fury had numerous UK chart entries but never had a number one hit. Which of his hits reached the highest position at number two?
181. What are the 2 football clubs in Manchester?
182. I’m a bit like a pasty, but I have a savoury filling at one end, and sweet at the other,
what am I?
183. As a traditional ballad, the lyrics of “All Through the Night” were translated from the native language of a particular part of Britain. Which was that?
184. What is the largest stadium in England?
185. I’m a delicacy, found in Colchester, and the Romans loved me, what am I?
186. In 60th place on the chart is “Voodoo Child” by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Jimi Hendrix was born in Seattle, USA. Where did he die?
187. When did Wimbledon (tennis tournament) start?
188. I famously appeared on Wallace and Gromit, what am I?
189. What was The Beatles first UK number one?
190. In which year did England win the football World Cup?
191. I’m made from bread, cheese, beer, and pickles, and served as a lunch, what am I?
192. Which Britpop band featured the former girlfriend of Brett Anderson?
193. Which countries compete in the Six Nations tournament?
194. Fortnum and Mason claim to have invented me in 1738, I’m round, I divide the nation,
what am I?
195. Which punk band performed the songs “White Riot”, “Clampdown” and “Guns of Brixton”?
196. Which former football player is married to a Spice Girl?
197. What meat is used in a Shepherd’s Pie?
198. Where in Wigan could you find Wigan Casino?
199. Who was the England manager in charge when England won the World Cup?
200. Which day do English people traditionally eat fish and chips?
201. ‘In the Year 2525’ was a huge hit in the UK and in America for whom?
202. How many times has England hosted the Olympics?
203. What is beef wrapped in pate and pastry, and usually served with potatoes and veg
204. With which Smiths song did Sandie Shaw score a hit in 1984?
205. How many players are there in a cricket team?
206. Do you use yeast in Yorkshire Pudding?
207. After a brief spell in prison, this singer helped to found Black Sabbath. His outrageous antics both on and off stage led to a split with the band. Who is he?
208. How many times did England win the Rugby World Cup?
209. I’m made of potatoes and cabbage, and usually made from leftovers, what am I?
210. Which band released ‘Blue Monday’ in 1983, which quickly became the UK’s biggest-selling 12-inch record of all time?
211. Who is the head of state of the UK?
212. Which vegetable was first known as ‘Italian asparagus’?
213. Who had hits in the 90s with ‘Sit Down’, Sound’ and ‘She’s a Star’?
214. When did Margaret Thatcher serve as Prime Minister?
215. What does BISTO stand for?
216. Which UK singer did The Cardigans collaborate with on their hit single ‘Burning Down the House’?
217. Where is the residence of the Prime Minister?
218. Which county is most famed for its hotpot?
219. “Young Parisians”, “Car Trouble” and “Deutscher Girls”. Which band had hits with these songs?
220. Who was the Prime Minister when the Brexit Referendum was held?
221. What is a panackelty?
222. Who had a UK hit called ‘Time (Clock of The Heart)’ in 1982?
223. How many referendums were held in the whole of the United Kingdom?
224. What type of food does the UK spend £4.7 BILLION on a year?
225. Which group’s hits included “Tobacco Road” and “Google Eye”?
226. Who was London’s Mayor in 2020?
227. What’s it called when you put meringue with cream and strawberries and coulis?
228. Who sang, ‘Don’t need to be on somebody’s arm to look good.’?
229. How many members of parliaments are there in the House of Commons?
230. You can buy lemon Angel Delight, true or false?
231. Who is the main organizer of the Glastonbury Festival, and the owner of the farm on which it is held?
232. How often are general elections held?
233. ‘Colin’ is synonymous with which supermarket?
234. The Gentle Waves is one of several offshoots or spin-offs of what original band?
235. Which British prime minister declared war on Germany in 1939?
236. Battenberg cake is traditional which two colors?
237. Whose blues band has featured guitarists like Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, and Jack Bruce?
238. How many years did Churchill serve as Prime Minister?
239. Name five ingredients in trifle?
240. Who recorded “Pappas Got A Brand New PigBag” in the 1980s?
241. Which actor played Harry Potter?
242. I sound like an STI, what am I?
243. Who sings ‘What I Go To School For’?
244. Where was Emma Watson born?
245. What’s the English word for when you have loads of ice cream, fruit and sauce in a
246. Mikey Craig, Roy Hay, Jon Moss, and George O’Dowd comprised which group?
247. When did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married?
248. Who is England’s most capped football player?
249. Complete this lyric to give you the title of this hit from 1961. ‘If you think his lips can kiss you better than my lips can kiss you’…
250. Which actor played in both Twilight and Harry Potter?
251. When was the Calcutta Cup first played between England and Scotland?
252. Who had a hit in 1963 with ‘Don’t you think it’s time’?
253. Which British actor played Doctor House?
254. How many grand slams has Andy Murray won?
255. Which label was able to boast both The Primitives and My Bloody Valentine on their roster at one point?
256. What event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?
257. Which British Group had their first UK top ten hit with ‘For Your Love’?
258. Who is Britain’s most decorated Olympian?
259. The lead singer with ‘X-Ray Spex’ was?
260. Who is England’s all-time top run scorer?
261. ‘An empty street, an empty house, a hole inside my heart. I’m all alone, rooms are getting smaller.’ Who sang this song?
262. Who was the first person to run under the four-minute mile?
263. Who sang ‘Right here, Right now?
264. How many players make up the Ryder Cup?
265. Who was Desmond Dekker’s backing group?
266. Where is the World Darts Championship famously held every year?
267. Who is the late 80’s and early 90’s pop icon that is affectionately known as king monkey?
268. Who is the Premier League’s all-time top scorer?
269. Who were the Stereophonics supposed to support on tour?
270. Who is Wales’s most capped rugby player?
271. Where is the superclub CREAM based?
273. What producer connects The Stone Roses and Joy Division?
274. What was the final score when England beat Australia in the rugby world cup final in 2003?
275. The Kinks hail from what lofty part of North London?
276. In what year were the Commonwealth Games first held?
277. “Human”, “Mirror Man” and “Don’t You Want Me” were among the singles released by this group that originated from Sheffield.
278. Who is the top scorer for the England Women’s national football team?
279. Poly Styrene was the lead singer of which visionary English punk rock band?
280. Which WWE superstar did Tyson Fury wrestle in 2019?
281. Which rock band from Leeds, England have released songs such as “High Five, Swan Dive, Nose Dive”, “Hot Squash” and “V.E.N.O.M”?
282. Before Andy Murray, who was the last British tennis player to win a men’s singles Grand Slam tournament?
283. Kingsize Taylor led a group with the same name as a game that you would have found in a UK pub at the time. What were they called?
284. Who are currently the reigning champions of the Rugby League in England?
285. The Who’s famous album “Live At Leeds” was recorded at which venue?
286. Who was the first Brit to win the Tour de France?
287. Not much more than a one-hit-wonder this singer is best remembered as “Bobby’s Girl”. Who is she?
288. The Grand National, held at Aintree, is raced over what distance?
289. Lulu is another singer who started very young. At the age of 15 years she had her first hit “Shout” in 1964. What was the name of her backing group on this recording?
290. Who is the current head coach of the Scotland rugby team?
291. What fast instrumental was a UK number one hit for B. Bumble and The Stingers in May 1962?
292. Who has won the most Sport’s Personality of the Year Awards?
293. Craig Douglas had these four consecutive number nine UK chart hits in the early ’60’s. Which one of them was the last of the four and his last top ten hit?
294. At 59 in the chart, which Elvis Presley single from 1960 shares the melody of an Italian standard “Oh Sole Mio”?
295. The first ‘All-Nighter’ started at what time?
296. What pirate radio station began transmitting on 16th December 1964 from the MV Galaxy?
297. ‘Je T’aime Moi Non Plus’ was a raunchy hit for whom?
298. Which Britpop band introduced us to Danny, Gaz and Mick?
299. ‘Tell Laura I Love Her’ was a tearjerker, it hit the top spot in 1960 for which artist?
300. Which Brit-pop band performed the songs “Charmless Man”, “The Universal” and “Tender”?