Following the 1890s gold discovery on the slope of Pikes Peak, thousands of people began to occupy Colorado Springs. By the turn of the 19th century, Colorado Springs came to be known as “the city of millionaires.”
Colorado Springs Facts Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
If you’re keen on detail, you may have noticed that Colorado Springs is the setting for many books, movies, and television shows. The city has been featured in political thrillers and military-themed stories due to its military installations and vital importance to the United States‘ continental defense.
We have prepared more nuggets of information to make you knowledgeable about Colorado Springs. Take the quiz below!
1. In which part of the USA is Colorado Springs located?
2. In which U.S. state is Colorado Springs located?
3. When was the city founded?
4. Which of the following is located in Colorado Springs?
5. What was the nickname of Colorado Springs?
6. Which scientist had his laboratory in Colorado Springs?
7. Which musical band is from Colorado Springs?
8. What is the population of the city?
9. What is a gaper?
10. Who was the founder of Colorado Springs?
11. When was Colorado Springs founded?
12. Which film actor, was born in Colorado Springs and his parents founded the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind?
13. Nikola Tesla had a laboratory in Colorado Springs in 1899. What did he design?
14. What did Charles E. Perkins own?
15. Artus Van Briggle, 1869- 1904, potter famous for his matte blue glaze. Where is his studio located?
16. Katherine Lee Bates wrote America the Beautiful after an 1895 visit to where?
17. Who is the only American to win a Gold Medal in the 1968 Winter Olympics and happens to have trained in Colorado Springs?
18. Who trained the above Gold Medal winner?
19. When did Chief Theater, formerly the Burns Theater, complete?
20. Who funded the building of the Fine Arts Center in 1936?
21. What is a flatlander?
22. The most heavily armed man in the United States lives in Colorado Springs. What is his name?
23. Which famous fashion designer owns a home near Colorado Springs and only lives there in the month of July?
24. Colorado Springs was once a haven for people trying to recover from which disease?
25. Which three-time winner of the Indianapolis 500 was born in Colorado Springs?
26. The Colorado Springs Sports Hall of Fame was established in which year?
27. Why is Colorado Springs famously known as Olympic City, USA?
28. The military base in Colorado Springs is called?
29. Lake Avenue is a region in Colorado Springs which is famous for what?
30. What is ‘Pikes Peak International Hill Climb’ about?
31. Colorado Springs was named after what?
32. Why is the Evergreen Cemetery referred to as a haunted place?
33. What happened to Tesla’s lab, known as “Lost Laboratory”?
34. An incredible figure in Colorado Springs is Fannie Mae Duncan. What will she be remembered for?
35. What was the city of Colorado Springs originally called?
36. What summit towers over Colorado Springs?
37. Colorado Springs has sometimes been called “the city of _____.”
38. What political party was founded in Colorado Springs?
39. What television show was set in Colorado Springs?
40. Colorado Springs is home to the largest herd of _____ in North America.
41. What creature is said to live near Colorado Springs?
42. What hostile country singled out Colorado Springs as the possible target of a missile strike?
43. What is one of Colorado Springs’ nicknames?
44. What Hall of Fame is located in Colorado Springs?
45. What race takes place every year in Colorado Springs?
46. How many national sports governing bodies are located in Colorado Springs?
47. What public park is located in Colorado Springs?
48. What is the snowiest month in Colorado Springs?
49. How big is Colorado Springs?
50. What movies were filmed in Colorado springs?