It is estimated that about 6 million travelers visit Long Beach every year.
Long Beach Facts Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
The city is home to some of the world’s most famous people. Nicholas Cage, Cameron Diaz, Snoop Dogg, and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen were born here. On that note, this place has bred over 50 Olympic Athletes who have played an important role in the sports industry. Some of these famous athletes are tennis legend Billie Jean King, and Baseball champion, Tony Gwynn who studied here in Long Beach.
We have done extensive research to compile the following facts-filled trivia about Long Beach. Explore to learn more!
1. A drive into a low-income, high-crime area of this fifth-largest city in California, which is larger in population than cities like Miami, Kansas City, and Pittsburg. It is also the home to one of the most famous road courses in motorsports. What city are we in now?
2. In which U.S. state is Long Beach located?
3. Which water body borders Long Beach?
4. Which natural resources are mined in Long Beach?
5. Which Japanese company has its headquarters in Long Beach?
6. When was the city founded?
7. What is manufactured in Long Beach?
8. What is the official nickname of the city?
9. What was the dominant indigenous group of people that had been living on the territory of Long Beach up to the 16th century?
10. Who has won the most Grand Prix of Long Beach races?
11. What year was the first Long Beach race?
12. What is the average time of a pit stop?
13. Who founded the Grand Prix of Long Beach?
14. How many tires (on average) are used by one driver during the Long Beach race?
15. Who holds the record for most pole positions won in the history of the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach?
16. What does the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach have in common with the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (in Florida), the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix, the Hondy Indy Toronto and the inaugural Music City Grand Prix in Nashville?
17. Which year was California State University founded?
18. When did the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center open?
19. As of 2013 how many Olympians were born in Long Beach?
20. How large is Long Beach city in California?
21. Which historic British transatlantic liner was purchased in 1967?
22. The Aquarium of the Pacific, located in the city, receives how many visitors each year?
23. The Port of Long Beach remains one of the world’s largest seaports. How many containers do they handle each year?
24. Port of Long Beach is the second-busiest container port in America. True or False?
25. When did Long Beach officially become a city?
26. On average, how many days does the city experience sunshine?
27. What famous person originated from Long Beach?
28. What is the size of the city?
29. What is the population in Long Beach?
30. Long Beach, originally named “Wilmore City,” why did they change it to the current name?
31. What watersports can one engage in while in Long Beach?
32. Long Beach has been a top destination for filming television and movies. List three Tv shows filmed here.
33. What popular movies are filmed in Long Beach?
34. How is the weather like in Long Beach?
35. The Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific houses which marine animals?
36. What is the large white dome about?
37. The Ford Motor Company built a factory called?
38. Which city is completely surrounded by Long Beach?
39. What is the climate like in Long Beach?
40. Long Beach suffers from some of the worst air pollutions in the entire United States. What are the sources of pollution at the port?
41. What native plants of the region can still be found in the city?
42. What is the newest museum in Long Beach?
43. When did the above museum launch?
44. Long Beach City College operates which radio stations?
45. Which bands and musicians originated in Long Beach?
46. What art theatres are in Long Beach?
47. When is the LGBTQ Pride Parade & Festival held in Long Beach?
48. How many people attend the LGBTQ Pride Parade & Festival?
49. When did the LGBTQ Pride Parade & Festival begin in Long Beach?
50. What were the 2010 statistics on the mode of transport in Long Beach?