If you love biodiversity and wildlife, a trip to Omaha will quench your wanderlust. The city has the best zoos. Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is a biological park, dedicated to conservation around the world and home to the world’s largest indoor desert, the world’s largest glazed geodesic dome, and North America’s largest indoor rainforest.
Omaha Facts Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
A number of famous people were born in Omaha. Billionaire Warren Buffett was born and bred here and today he is considered the most successful investor in history. Other influential people born in Omaha are; human rights activist Malcolm X, and Singer-songwriter Conor Oberst, AKA Bright Eyes among many others.
Arm yourself with valuable information about Omaha by taking the following trivia quiz!
1. Which of these is a real event?
- Omaha Fashion Week
- Omaha Raccoon Wrestling Championships
- Omaha Corn Launching Society Exhibition
2. Johnny Rosenblatt urged the city to build a baseball stadium. Why?
3. Which now-deceased alt-rocker was born in Omaha?
4. Which of these legends was NOT born in Omaha?
5. Name the world’s fair-like event that drew more than two million people to Omaha in 1898.
6. The makers of Healthy Choice, among other foodstuffs, are headquartered in Omaha. Name this food processing monolith.
7. What did the late Rev. Livingston Wills sell door-to-door for over 50 years?
8. The tremendous growth of this town’s meat packing industry in the 1880s led to its nickname of “The Magic City”. It was annexed by Omaha in 1915. Name it.
9. A World War II memorial can be found in Dundee neighborhood; what does it say?
10. The World’s Largest Coffee Pot sits on a water tower; what does it say?
11. Before he went on to quiz shows and the “Tonight Show”, Johnny Carson was hired in 1949 by this Omaha station to perform comedy bits and skits, among other things. Name the station.’
12. What music festival is held every year at Stinson Park?
13. James Dahlman, sometimes known as Omaha’s “perpetual mayor,” served from 1906 to 1918 and again from 1921 till his death in 1930. The popular figure was known by what nickname?
14. Where do you go if you want beer, bros, and Pacman?
15. Jim Suttle, elected Mayor of Omaha in 2009, worked as an engineer for some 30 years. Name the other mayor with an engineering background.
16. What famous dinner was invented in Omaha?
17. Johnny Goodman was the fifth and last amateur to win this prestigious golf event in 1933. Name it.
18. What’s your favorite football team?
19. The father of investing guru Warren Buffett followed several successful career paths. Which of the following did Howard Buffett NEVER engage in?
20. You are starving. You need a sandwich now! Where do you go?
21. What type of sandwich was invented in Omaha?
22. Which famous sporting event is held in Omaha every year?
23. The name of the tribe of Native Americans that lived in the Omaha area in the 1800s?
24. A permanent Native American homemade of logs and grass?
25. The Omaha tribe lived in villages that were next to?
26. What was the main animal that was hunted by the Omaha tribe?
27. Which chief of the Omaha Tribe let the Mormons camp at Winter Quarters?
28. Which team came to Omaha for two consecutive years (2001-2002) but failed to win a single game?
29. In 2002, which Georgia Tech pitcher from Omaha, Nebraska, shut out the South Carolina Gamecocks in his amazing 8 innings of work?
30. How many total games did the Stanford Cardinal play (including the Championship series) in Omaha?
31. What United States President was born in Omaha?
32. Boys Town was founded in 1917 by whom?
33. Malcom X, the famous civil rights activist, was born near which intersection?
34. What famous south Omaha local was the last amateur to win the United stayed open golf tournament?
35. What famous Omaha person is in the baseball hall of fame and won the MVP as a pitcher in the 1967 World Series?
36. Who started the newspaper, the “Omaha star”?
37. Who was Omaha’s first mayor?
39. What did William Clark call the meeting place?
41. What does the name Omaha mean?
42. Who is Manuel Lisa?
43. How did the development of fort Atkinson provide a glimpse into the future?
44. Who is Lucien Fontenelle?
45. What two religious groups moved to Omaha in 1846?
46. Who was Brigham Young
47. The Omaha/council bluffs area is a starting point for immigrants to what four future states in the 1840s & 50s?
48. What were the first and second names of town council bluffs?
49. Where did Brigham decide to have the Mormons settle in the fall of 1846?
50. Where did Peter Sarpy and his father Desmet, recommend Brigham young to migrate to?