Qatar is home to 3 million people, 99% live in cities, making it one of the most urbanized countries in the world. It is also the world’s third-largest oil reserve, petroleum accounts for 70% of revenue.
Wild about Football? The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be held in Qatar. This is a historical mark as the Middle East has never hosted such an event. The retired footballer, David Beckham has played a critical role in promoting the event in the Country.
Qatar Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Qatar’s first school was opened in 1949. Did you know that education is free in Qatar for kids aged 6 to 16, but not compulsory? If your first grader’ or middle school learner is accompanying you to Qatar, be assured of accessible learning.
For foodies in the house, brunch is a big deal in Qatar. It is often served in 5-star hotels on Fridays or Saturdays, as a luxurious affair. During your stay, get to try dried dates as they are a staple treat in the country.
Take up the following Qatar trivia questions and answers to learn more.
1. What is the official name of Qatar?
2. What is the capital of Qatar?
3. When did Qatar become independent?
4. What is the highest point in Qatar?
5. Which channel is based in Qatar?
6. What is the longest river in Qatar?
7. Where were 15th Asian Games held?
8. Which ethnic group is in the majority in Qatar?
9. When did Doha Round Talks of WTO begin?
10. Which country borders Qatar to the west?
11. Who was overthrown in 1995?
12. What is the currency of Qatar?
13. When did the Ottomans conquer Qatar?
14. What are the two colors that can be found on the flag of Qatar?
15. When did Qatar become a British Protectorate?
16. What is Qatar’s biggest export to the rest of the world?
17. Who rules Qatar?
18. Arabic is the official language of Qatar, but what other language is taught in schools and is expected to be learned by the people of Qatar?
19. When was Qatar’s constitution introduced?
20. How many hours ahead of London is Qatar based upon Greenwich Mean Time (not counting any time changes due to daylight saving)?
21. Qatar legal system is a mixture of which two types of law?
22. What is the official name of Qatar?
23. Which is the main source of Qatari legislation?
24. What is the national animal in Qatar?
25. 15th Asian Games were held in Doha, Qatar from which dates?
26. Who is the Prime Ministers of Qatar since 26 June 2013?
27. Qatar is officially known as which name?
28. Qatar has the total coastline of how much?
29. Qatar Central Bank was founded on May 13th 1973. It was originally known as?
30. What is the GDP of Qatar in 2018 reports?
31. When Utub tribe of Al Khalifa migrated from Kuwait to Zubarah in Qatar?
32. Al Zubara Fort (a historic Qatari military fortress) was built in which year?
33. Doha Corniche (a waterfront promenade) is extend for ___ along with Doha Bay in the Capital City?
34. How many Municipalities are present in Qatar?
35. Name the national dish of Qatar?
36. There are no forests in Qatar. True or False?
37. Qatar is the safest country in the world. True or False?
38. Name national airline of Qatar?
39. Where is Hamad Airport located at?
40. What is the second-flattest country in the world?
41. What is the population of Qatar (2006)?
42. Qatar is subdivided administratively into?
43. Qatar has no mountains. True or False?
44. What is the official language of Qatar?
45. What percentage of Qatar is covered by water?
46. Qatar National Day is observed on which date each year?
47. Al Khor Island is also known as which name in Qatar?
48. What is the official website of Qatar?
49. Who is the Emir of Qatar since 25 June 2013?
50. What is the main religion in Qatar?