Sacramento’s rich history dates back to 1839. The city became vibrant during California’s gold rush and thanks to its convenient location, it became a hub for transportation, agriculture, and community.
You’ve probably heard of Sacramento’s sports teams. Besides the Sacramento Kings – the NBA team, they also have minor league sports such as; baseball and soccer.
Sacramento Facts Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
If you’re a food lover, you’ll get to experience a tasty meal from Sacramento’s local produce. Since the place is big on agriculture, you can enjoy the freshest vegetables, meats, fruits, and desserts.
Planning a trip to Sacramento? How about we take you on a virtual trip with the following quiz to learn about Sacramento beforehand? Enjoy the trivia below!
1. What is the Sacramento area code?
2. TRUE or FALSE: Sacramento is the capital of California.
3. What animal will you find at a Sacramento Kings home game?
4. What nut brand is located in Sacramento?
5. The California State ______________ Museum in Sacramento is the largest of its kind in the U.S.
6. What records is a national landmark in Sacramento?
7. Which of these is NOT a nickname for Sacramento?
- City of Trees
- The Big Tomato
- The Big Apple
8. TRUE or FALSE: Sacramento has an entire network of tunnels under the city.
9. Sacramento is second only to Paris for the largest number of ________ per capita.
10. What mail-delivery service is Sacramento the birthplace of?
11. What famous author worked for a newspaper in Sacramento?
12. How many rivers run through Sacramento?
13. Name the rivers that run through Sacramento?
14. How long will it take you to drive from San Francisco to Sacramento?
15. About how far is Sacramento from San Francisco in miles and kilometers?
16. What country founded the city of Sacramento?
17. What is Sacramento’s nickname?
18. What Native American people inhabited the Sacramento area prior to the arrival of settlers?
19. Sacramento was the western end of the _____.
20. Which U.S. president was nearly assassinated in Sacramento?
21. Which NBA franchise is located in Sacramento?
22. How did California Governor Leland Stanford attend his inauguration in 1861?
23. What music awards are hosted in Sacramento every year?
24. Sacramento’s first _____ opened in 1903.
25. What do you call someone from Sacramento?
26. How many soldiers from the Sacramento area fought in World War I?
27. What is the oldest institute of higher learning in Sacramento?
28. What is the oldest art museum in Sacramento?
29. When was the last time downtown Sacramento had significant snow?
30. Which of the following is a fun Sacramento Summer pastime?
- Going river rafting
- Going go-karting
- Playing baseball
31. What is the tallest building in Sacramento?
32. Fairytale Town is?
33. Most of the best restaurants in Sacramento are?
34. How are the working hours at the city of Sacramento?
35. What is the population of Sacramento?
36. Where can you find the government of the U.S. state of California?
37. What is the abbreviation for Old Sacramento State Historic Park?
38. The California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento is a world-class tribute to the role of the “iron horse” in connecting California to the rest of the nation. What is featured in the Museum?
39. What is Sutter’s Fort famous for?
40. What major league sports team is in Sacramento?
41. What is a summer snack in Sacramento?
42. When is the California State Fair held, and what is it about?
43. Where can you find the best Ice Cream in Sacramento?
44. The city is home to the world’s oldest triathlon. What’s odd about the event, known as Eppie’s Great Race?
45. What is the cost of living in Sacramento?
46. When was the last snow event recorded?
47. The Capitol building was the largest restoration project in U.S. history. How much money did it cost?
48. Sacramento’s elevation is?
49. Sacramento is one of America’s “haunted” cities. Some of the famously haunted locations include?
50. Sacramento is California’s sixth capital, since which year?