Baltimore has a population of 576,500 people becoming the most populous city in Maryland.
Residents have a good reason to love sports after all it is the home to some incredible teams, including its major league heroes: the Orioles and the Ravens. The city has also bred famous sports personalities like Baseball Player Babe Ruth, and Olympian Michael Phelps.
Keep scrolling through this trivia to see how well you know Baltimore sports.
Baltimore Facts Trivia Questions and Answers – 2022 – 2023
Some parts of Baltimore may look familiar to any entertainment buff out there as the city is a popular filming location. Famous movie shows like “House of Cards”, “Veep” and “The Wire” among many others have been filmed here.
Baltimore delivers an engaging experience for residents, hence exploring the city would impress any visitor. Take the quiz below to learn more facts about Baltimore.
1. Just beyond the right field fence stands which significant Baltimore landmark?
2. Which of the following museums never existed in Baltimore?
- National Museum of Dentistry
- Public Works Museum
- Museum of Incandescent Lighting
- Museum of Medical Oddities
3. What was the Orioles record in 1970?
4. What was the Phoenix Shot Tower’s original purpose?
5. On which street is the Main Ballpark entrance located?
6. Which Baltimore restaurant was famous for its art collection?
7. When did the Baltimore Orioles begin to play at Memorial Stadium?
8. Who invented Old Bay?
9. Prior to beginning American league play in St Louis in 1902, the franchise that would become known as the Browns played a single season in which city in 1901?
10. What year was the Great Baltimore Fire?
11. In what year did the Baltimore Orioles first win 100 games in a season?
12. Which of these Baltimore public markets is the oldest?
- Broadway Market
- Cross Street Market
- Hollins Market
- Lexington Market
- Northeast Market
13. In what year did the Baltimore Orioles come into existence?
14. Who created the Male/Female statue at Penn Station?
15. When The Orioles won the 1983 World Series, it took them only five games. Who pitched the only game that they lost (game 1)?
16. Which of the following is not a designated Arts and Entertainment District?
- Station North
- Bromo Tower
17. How did Tide Point get its name?
18. Who led the 1970 Orioles in home runs?
19. Which Baltimore museum houses a 10-foot statue of homegrown drag queen Divine?
20. Which of these is Baltimore’s tallest building?
- Baltimore World Trade Center
- The Belvedere
- Legg Mason Building
- Transamerica Tower
21. Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland, but where does its population rank among all U.S. cities?
22. How are Orioles’ retired numbers made visible at Camden Yards?
23. What does the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport have that makes it so unique?
24. The Browns began to play in St Louis in 1902 in which stadium?
25. In 1816, Baltimore became the first United States city to illuminate its streets using __________ gas.
26. From 1954 to 1991, the Orioles played where?
27. Where is Baltimore’s Washington Monument located?
28. What manager took over the Orioles in 2000?
29. The first telegraph line in the world was placed between ___________ & Baltimore in 1844.
30. Who caught the last out of the World Series in 1983, giving the Orioles their third World Championship in club history?
31. What is the most popular seafood to eat in Baltimore?
32. Who was the first Baltimore Oriole to hit 50 home runs in a season?
33. What is the unusual hot dog topping that people from Baltimore like to serve their Thanksgiving turkey with?
34. What street was Memorial Stadium located on?
35. How would “Annapolis” be pronounced using Baltimore slang?
36. Who won the Orioles first MVP award?
37. Which of these famous musicians is originally from Baltimore?
38. What manager guided the Orioles to the 1983 World Series title?
39. Which of these popular television shows was set and filmed in Baltimore?
- Homicide: Life on the Street
- How to Get Away With Murder
40. ____________________ is customary to do right before a Baltimore Ravens game starts.
41. Who led the 1970 Orioles in batting average?
42. What is different about the National Anthem sung at Camden Yards?
43. Who had the second most home runs in 2002 for the Orioles?
44. The Baltimore Ravens’ name is based on a poem by which American poet?
45. What year were the Ravens founded?
46. The Baltimore Ravens are one of only two NFL teams that have _______.
47. Which Raven caught Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner’s first career interception?
48. The Ravens’ second Super Bowl victory was nicknamed the _____.
49. How many times did Ray Lewis lead the league in tackles?
50. Which Baltimore QB was the youngest quarterback in NFL history to start a playoff game?
51. Who was the Ravens’ very first draft pick?
52. Which Raven (with at least 100 attempts) has the highest average yards per kickoff return?
53. Who holds the franchise single-season rushing record?
54. Which Raven holds the NFL record for longest interception return?
55. Ray Lewis set an NFL record by making how many solo tackles in one postseason?
56. Who holds the franchise sack record?
57. Which player led the league in TD receptions during Baltimore’s first season?
58. Who was the first Raven to rush for more than 100 yards in a game?
59. What was the first stadium that the Ravens called home?
60. Who was MVP of Super Bowl XXXV?
61. After the 2000 AFC Championship, Baltimore DT Tony Siragusa was fined $10,000 for an illegal hit on which QB?
62. Who was the first Ravens QB to pass for more than 400 yards in a game?
63. Who was the first head coach of the Baltimore Ravens?
64. Which player returned a kickoff for a touchdown in Baltimore’s first Super Bowl?
65. Which team did Baltimore defeat in Super Bowl XXXV?
66. What WR did the Ravens draft in the first round of the 2000 NFL Draft?