If you’re the Jokester of your group, your time to shine is here! April Fools’ Day is a time to execute the most hilarious pranks and practical jokes.
The best April Fools’ Day jokes come from the press. For instance, BBC once pranked the whole nation with a public release that said spaghetti grows on trees in Switzerland.
Best April Fools’ Day Jokes
These jokes will cheer the family on your spring holiday. You can also pull these pranks on your friends, your roommates, your partner, and your coworkers. They come in good spirits while causing no harm to the receiver.
We have rounded up a list of practical April Fools’ Day jokes, sure to make you and your loved ones have a burst of good laughter.
1. Plant A Grass Garden In Your Coworker’s Keyboard.
2. Take the batteries out of every remote in the house to make it impossible to change the channel.
3. Form an urgent request to loved ones.
4. What is the worst day to propose on? April Fools’ Day!
5. Create Brussels sprout cake pops that look super-appetizing, but become quite the surprise at first-bite!
6. If you’re able to get into your loved ones’ Facebook account, change the date of their birthday in the settings to Apr. 1. They’ll be inundated with birthday wishes and have no idea why.
7. Why is everyone exhausted on April 1? Because they just had a 31-day March.
8. Fill up a doughnut box (think something obvious, like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’ Donuts) with veggies inside, and listen for the reactions near the break room at work!
9. Keep Them Waiting on a Text
10. My favorite April Fool prank is pretending I’m going to leave the couch.
11. Send automatic, fun cat facts to your friends’ phones and lol at their replies.
12. Change their email signature.
13. What’s the difference between Thanksgiving and April 1? Being thankful versus prankful.
14. Find a GIF of the infamous typing dots, and text it to different members of your fam, who will be so curious about what you could be writing to them for such a long time!
15. What did summer say to spring? “I’m going to fall!”
16. At the office, put tape under a coworker’s computer mouse, and watch them try to figure out why it’s not working!
17. Sign up a friend for newsletters—the F.A.C. have several—and they’ll wonder why they’re being targeted with regular ferret updates.
18. Let’s spend April Fools’ Day on Instagram to continue to fool each other into believing our lives are glamorous and not a mess.
19. You’ll hear plenty of sss-screams after hiding rubber snakes in the dressers of your kids and/or spouse!
20. Fake Eggs For Breakfast.
21. What do you say when it’s raining chickens and ducks on April Fools’ Day? FOWL spring weather.
22. Go for the classic April Fools’ prank—jump out and scare someone who least expects it!
23. Have different people call your victim—either at their office or home—and ask to speak with Franklin.
24. After placing coffee grounds inside the toilet tank and flushing a few times, the brown water is going to make it awkward between all of your housemates, to say the least!
25. If you can get access to a friend or coworker’s phone, just launch the website Iphoneception on their browser and switch all of their app shortcuts into adorable kitty faces.
26. Fill a doughnut up with mayo and expect plenty of cringe-worthy reactions!
27. How do April flowers kiss? With their tu-lips!
28. Stick a straw into a yellow mustard packet, put the packet in an unsuspecting pal’s can of soda or sparkling water, and wait for hilarity to ensue!
29. Measure out just enough bubble wrap to hide under the rug of a frequently visited stretch of hallway. Once somebody steps down on it, it’ll make such a bang that they’ll dive for cover.
30. What if April Fools’ Day is actually April 2 and we’ve all be fooled into thinking it’s April 1?
31. Freeze a bowl of cereal and milk overnight, and your child will wonder why on earth they can’t spoon it out the next morning!
32. Place a “Please honk and wave—April Fools’ prank!” sign on the back of your car to either confuse your spouse or roommate on the way to work, or your children going to school!
33. Create some fake lower legs and feet, using shoes and pants stuffed with towels. Place them inside the stalls before the workday begins, then watch as your coworkers get increasingly annoyed that every toilet in the bathroom has been occupied all day.
34. Make a mashed potato and gravy sundae that looks just like ice cream and caramel sauce, but is definitely more dinner than dessert!
35. Tell your friend who believes in conspiracy theories that you’re pretty sure Elvis has been stalking you. Yes, the King of Rock n’ Roll, who passed away at Graceland in 1977.
36. Sorry in advance to whoever is on the receiving end of this prank, but one way to really shock someone is by leaving fake poop out somewhere in your home, car, or workplace!
37. Fake a blue screen on computers. Any Windows user will get instantly freaked if they see this infamous blue screen, a dire warning that all of their computer memory is about to be dumped.
38. Stuff toilet paper in the toe of your kids’ or roommates’ shoes, and see how long it takes for them to figure out the prank!
39. Place a jolly rancher or two in the showerhead so that the water comes out sticky (and potentially a little colorful)!
40. Move all the clocks forward by two hours in your office or home, letting one specific target think it’s actually much, much later than they originally believed.
41. Put the corner of a dollar bill outside of a book so that it’s poking out, but attach that small sample to a larger note that says, “April Fools!”
42. So many of Jim’s best moments on The Office come from his pranks on Dwight. In honor of the ultimate prankster, stick a stapler in jello and leave it on the desk of one of your own officemates!
43. Buy a universal remote and get it synced to your TV. Then wait till your friends or family are watching TV and keep changing the channels.
44. By putting jelly beans in the ice dispenser, anyone who preps for a cold glass of water will get another cool surprise spilling into their cup instead!
45. Bring a toaster or coffee pot into the office kitchen. Put a label that says “voice-activated” and enjoy the dulcet sounds of frustrated people shouting at random kitchen appliances all day.
46. Put fake broken glass decals on the windows of a friend’s home or car and watch them lose their minds before realizing it’s a joke!
47. Make a statement on social media that’s totally outrageous, yet kind of believable? Just be prepared to remind your followers about what day it is afterward!
48. Buy a pack of Oreos, remove the cream, replace it with white toothpaste, and reassemble.
49. Send your friend a glitter bomb envelope in the mail that has “April Fools!” written inside!
50. Strategically tape Nic’s face over the faces in every photo in your house.
51. Replace the inside of your roommate’s deodorant with cream cheese!
52. Imagine their reaction when they come back to their bedroom or workspace to find it completely covered in tin foil? Iconic.
53. Give out fake scratch-offs that will claim they won $50,000!
54. Turn Their Computer Screen Upside Down.
55. Get a cardboard cutout of an actor or singer and put it in the shower to really startle your family!
56. Purchase a sterile cup, fill it with apple juice, and drink out of it throughout the day!
57. Cram your coworker’s office full of boy band photos to really give them a laugh!
58. Replace the TP with a roll of packing tape on your bathroom’s toilet paper holder!
59. Set out this “Snake in a Can” gag which looks like a potato chip can, but actually contains a four-foot snake that springs out when the top is opened!
60. Rearrange the Kitchen Drawers.
61. Put a “For Sale” sign out in your yard before the kids go to school!
62. Put Tissue in the Toes of Their Sneakers.
63. Rub some food dye onto the bottom of your faucet to make the tap water colorful and startling at the same time!
64. Swap the Salt and Sugar bowls.
65. Leave a bag of french fry soap in the shower to really confuse anyone who sees it!
66. Wake up early on April Fools’ Day and turn everything that you can think of upside down in the house!
67. Buy a little device that makes meowing noises (or cricket noises).
68. Have fun putting fake parking tickets on the windshield of one of your teens, or your BFF, and watch them sweat!
69. Put Fake Bugs Everywhere.
70. Switch out the sock drawers of every member of your family. They’ll be so confused as they get ready for school or work!
71. Order takeout, and when you receive the meal, hide whatever your significant other ordered. Then, try to keep a poker face while they assume their food is missing!