Besides all the sparkle and joy, July 4 is a day to mark the back-breaking efforts that led to the independence of the USA. We are here to help you brush up your history with a fun learning experience.
U.S. Independence Day Trivia Questions and Answers
Coincidentally, other significant events have happened on this day in history. For instance, the 30th President of the USA was born on this day while two other Presidents; John Adams and James Monroe died on this day.
1. When does the United States of America commemorate its independence?
2. Where was the first celebration of Independence Day held?
3. What happened on July 4, 1776?
4. How many colonies took part in signing the Declaration of Independence?
5. What country did the American colonies declare independence from?
6. What is the National Anthem of the United States of America?
7. What is the proper way to fold the American flag?
8. Who wrote the ‘The Star Spangled Banner’?
9. Which president first held a 4th of July celebration at the White House?
10. How were the 13 stars arranged on the original American Flag?
11. Which state was the first to make the 4th of July an official state holiday?
12. Who was the first President after Independence?
13. What type of eating contest is held each year in New York on the 4th of July?
14. What do the colors of the National Flag indicate?
15. What is the location of the nation’s oldest Fourth of July parade?
16. How many hot dogs do Americans eat on the 4th of July?
17. In which year was July 4 established as a national holiday?
18. What was the total number of people who signed the Declaration of Independence?
19. 1/3rd of all hot dogs produced in the US comes from which state?
20. Who gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
21. What is the current record for most hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes?
22. In which year was Independence Day declared a paid holiday for federal employees?
23. What were the ages of the youngest and the oldest signers?
24. Who has the largest signature on the Declaration of Independence?
25. What was The Statue of Liberty’s official name?
26. Who made the first American flag?
27. In the coming year 2021, America will have been independent for how many years?
28. Which Beach has fireworks for the 4th of July?
29. Since 1976, which store has sponsored New York’s July 4th annual fireworks display?
30. Why was the Boston Tea Party’s tea shipment ruined?
31. On average, how many fireworks are used on the 4th of July?
32. How did The Fourth of July Hot Dog Contest begin?
33. What do fireworks symbolize?
34. In the year 1960, on July 4, what special event took place?
35. Where were the first fireworks invented?
36. How many times does the Liberty Bell ring every fourth of July?
37. When were fireworks first used in an official 4th of July celebration?
38. Which newspaper printed the Declaration of Independence first?
39. What was the estimated population of the United States on July 4, 1776?
40. How much money is spent on fireworks for the 4th of July?
41. What kind of tradition is followed in New England as a part of the celebration?
42. On July 4th, which classic children’s book was published?
43. How many tons of fireworks were lit on the 4th of July 2017?
44. Who predicted the iconic tradition of fireworks?
45. Who is the author of the Pledge of Allegiance?
46. Which patriotic song was originally created to mock American soldiers?
47. During the first fourth of July, what was the color of fireworks used for celebrations?
48. During World War II, where did the Declaration of Independence get stored?
49. How many places in the US are named Independence?
50. How did George Washington celebrate the fourth of July?
51. Which country declared independence from the United States on July 4, 1960?
52. How old is America turning on 4th July 2022?
53. What code does wearing the American flag violate?
54. Why did baseball become America’s most popular game?
55. How many tons of fireworks were used above the Washington monument on the 200th Freedom Anniversary?
56. How much money is spent on chips for the 4th of July?
57. What Were The Dunlap Broadsides?
58. Most American Flags Are Made In Which Country?
59. How Many Cases Of Beer Are Sold On 4th Of July Weekend Each Year?
60. Who Played The Role Of Captain Steven Hiller In The 1996 Movie, Independence Day?
61. Which Bird Did Benjamin Franklin Propose Should Be The National Bird?
62. What Accounts For The Most Fireworks-Related Injuries Every 4th Of July?
63. A Salute Of One Gun For Each State In The United States Is Called?
64. Fourth Of July Celebrations Increased Heavily In The U.S. After What War?
65. It takes about 6 barges to hold all the fireworks launched during the Macy’s fireworks display in New York City. True or False?
66. Who played the role of Ron Kovic in the 1989 movie Born on the Fourth of July?
67. What is the most popular way Americans celebrate the 4th of July?
68. Where is the Liberty Bell currently located?
69. What have historians long-disputed?
70. Across the Atlantic Ocean, ambassadors John Adams and Benjamin Franklin did what?
71. In 1783, Salem, North Carolina held a celebration with a challenging what?
72. Similar to other summer-themed events, Independence Day celebrations often take place where?
73. Local and regional weather conditions may dictate what?
74. Congress debated and revised the wording of the Declaration, finally approving it when?
75. Independence Day fireworks are often accompanied by what?
76. A salute of one gun for each state in the United States, called a “salute to the union,” is fired on Independence Day at noon by whom?
77. Why is the first week of July typically one of the busiest United States travel periods of the year?
78. Held since 1785, the Bristol Fourth of July Parade in Bristol, Rhode Island, is what?