International Women’s Day is celebrated on the 8th of March every year. The holiday is more than a simple hashtag. Every city has tons of activities planned to honor all women on this special day. From participating in sports for charity to holding conferences or even celebrating over a meal with your girls’ e.t.c.
Women’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
In some countries, Women’s Day is a combined celebration with Mother’s Day, since both are women’s appreciation days. Children present their mother figures with gifts and tokens of love.
There are only 26 women serving as Heads of State in 195 countries globally. Learn more about the women who have made remarkable achievements with these Women’s day trivia questions and answers.
1. In 1903, Marie Curie was the first woman awarded a Nobel Prize for her incredible work in what?
2. August 26th is celebrated as Women’s Equality Day to commemorate?
3. What did activist Rosa Parks do in 1955 to spark the civil rights movement?
4. In what year did Congresswoman Bella Abzug introduce legislation to ensure that this important American anniversary would be celebrated?
5. American singer, songwriter, and actress Beyonce was born and raised in which city?
6. In what year did women in the United States win the right to vote?
7. Who wrote the famous Harry Potter series?
8. How many years did it take for women to win the right to vote in the United States?
9. What did the British warrior queen Boudicca famously do?
10. Women in most of the western states won the right to vote years before the Federal Amendment was secured. 2010 is the 100th anniversary of women in Washington State winning the vote. California will celebrate the 100th anniversary of women winning the vote in 2011. Oregon will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2012. What other state will celebrate the 100th anniversary of women in this state winning the right to vote in 2012?
11. What is Rosalind Franklin known for?
12. What was the name given to the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, which guaranteed women’s right to vote in the United States?
13. How many Grand Slams has Serena Williams won?
14. Women who worked for women’s right to vote were called?
15. In 1832, who was the first lady to cross the Atlantic solo, in an airplane?
16. The term suffragist is derived from?
17. What is the name of the second female prime minister of the United Kingdom?
18. How many other countries had already guaranteed women’s right to vote before the campaign was won in the United States?
19. Who was the first woman elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
20. What was the first country that granted women the right to vote?
21. Which 19th-century English women campaigned for prison reform?
22. Venus is the Roman Goddess of what?
23. What is Mother Teresa’s given name?
24. Name the Greek or Roman Goddess of the Harvest?
25. Teenage Pakistani politician Malala Yousafzai was shot in 2021 for what reason?
26. Who was the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
27. Who was the first woman to fly into space?Junko Tabei
28. Who was Time magazine’s person of the year 1952?
29. Who was the first woman to swim across the channel?
30. In what year did women get to vote in the UK for the first time?
31. In 2013, Brenda Chapman became the first woman to win an Oscar for Best Animated Feature. Which film did she co-direct?
32. Gaia is the Greek Goddess of which planet?
34. Who is the Roman Goddess of the Moon?
35. Who won the best actress in Kerala film awards in 2018?
36. Who was the first female to get a Nobel Prize?
37. The first Indian woman to win a Nobel Prize?
38. Tu Youyou won a Nobel Prize for therapy against which disease was spread by mosquitos?
39. What was the theme for Women’s Day 2018?
40. Louise Glück was awarded a Nobel Prize in which category in 2020?
41. First female President of India?
42. Betty Williams and Mairead Corrigan won a Nobel Peace Prize in 1976 for helping to end conflict in which country?
43. Who is the only woman to be awarded two Nobel Prizes?
44. In which year was the first female same-sex marriage in the UK?
45. Donna Strickland was awarded a Nobel Prize in which category in 2018?
46. Charlotte Cooper was the first female Olympic champion in which sport?
47. Who wrote the most famous diary of all time?
48. In 1851, Elizabeth Smith Miller became the first woman to wear what?
49. Who was the first African-American FLOTUS?
50. Who is the longest-reigning female monarch in British history?
51. Which author wrote novels such as Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, in her teens?
52. Which civil rights activist wrote the award-winning memoir ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’?
53. Which Prussian-born Queen said, “Power without a nation’s confidence is nothing”?
54. Margaret Sanger got the FDA to approve what in 1960?
55. Activist Miriam Makeba is nicknamed what?
56. Who was known as the lady with the lamp?
57. Who was the first African American woman to win a Grammy?
58. Which actress has the record for the most Oscar nominations?
59. Who was the first female African American billionaire?
60. Who was the first openly trans woman to win an Emmy?
61. Which royal was known as ‘the people’s princess?
62. Who is the biggest-selling female artist of all time?
63. Google Images was created due to which celeb wearing an iconic green dress?
64. YouTube was created due to which singer’s wardrobe malfunction at the 2004 Super Bowl?
65. Which chat show host was offered the role of Phoebe in Friends?
66. When was International Women’s Day celebrated for the first time?
67. Who suggested the idea of National Women’s Day in 1909?
68. Till which year was International Women’s Day celebrated on 28th Feb?
69. Approximately how many people living in poverty in the world are women or girls?
70. Who was the first woman to become chief minister of a state?
71. How many countries observe International Women’s Day as an official holiday?
72. Youngest woman to climb Mount Everest two times in India?
73. Name the first woman who became a doctor in India?