Nobody likes outdoor fun and talks about the weather like the Swedes do. Sweden is home to plenty of open landscapes even those living in large cities like Stockholm or Gothenburg have direct access to hundreds of unspoiled islands – just a short boat ride from the city center.
Do you want to learn more about Sweden? If yes, this post will unfold every tidbit. If you have an eye for architectural designs, then you’ll love learning about Gustav Wickman’s Kiruna church, which has been voted Sweden’s most beloved building of all time.
Sweden Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
For movie enthusiasts and especially those that are ‘Danish Girl’ fanatics, they must be knowing the amazing Alicia Vikander who bagged an Oscar award for the Best Supporting Actress statuette in 2016. Indeed, Sweden is the land of amazing talent!
Did you know Swedish fashion aims to go from linear production to circular, where materials are not discarded after use but instead recycled in other ways so that the waste is kept to a minimum? Keep reading to find out more! We have prepared a list of Sweden trivia questions and answers to help you expand your knowledge of the country.
Here, take a look!
1. The name of the Swedish King is?
2. A popular maker of parenting accessories, the babybjorn company has its headquarters in which country?
3. The number of European countries have a larger area than Sweden are?
4. If you landed at Arlanda Airport, where would you be at?
5. The population of Sweden is approximate?
6. In which country were banknotes first used?
7. Largest City of Sweden is?
8. What are the three countries that Scandinavia traditionally refers to?
9. Sweden became independent in?
10. What is the name of the ancient Scandinavian warriors who are famous for their excellent navigating and sailing skills and cruelty?
11. Sweden’s Major crops are?
12. The number of Germans that live in Sweden is?
13. Which two animals does Pippi Longstocking share her home with?
14. Can you name one of the most popular sports in Sweden?
15. What is the name of Fredrik Backman’s international bestseller debut from 2014 that has since become a play and film?
16. The colors in the Swedish flag are?
17. What is the name of the first victim and family at the centre of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?
18. Filmjölk is?
19. Which Swedish crime writer wrote The Ice Child, The Drowning and The Ice Princess?
20. The name of prime minister of Sweden is?
21. What important day of the year is Strindberg’s play Miss Julie set?
22. The most followed religion in Sweden is?
23. Tove Jansson’s famous creatures The Moomins first appeared in what year?
24. The type of soup is in a typical Swedish lunch is?
25. Which bestseller by Jonas Hassen Khemiri is about the life of Samuel who dies in a car accident?
26. What percentage of Swedish 13 year-olds have a smartphone?
27. Both these popular crime writers are Scandinavian, but which one is Swedish: Jo Nesbø or Maj Sjöwall?
28. Who wrote the Wallander series of crime fiction books?
29. The man who made Skype was?
30. Who was the 2016 winner of the most famous Swedish literary award the Nobel Prize for Literature?
31. The national flower of Sweden is?
32. What film written by Ingmar Bergman is one of the longest films in cinema history (at 5 hours and 12 minutes)?
33. The company ‘King’ made which most popular game?
34. Which Swedish city was Strindberg born in?
34. Sweden’s location in the world is?
35. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist is a bestselling novel and film in what genre?
36. IKEA is?
37. Finish the title of this popular Reidar Jonsson book and film: My Life as a?
38. What door on the Swedish church is smaller?
39. The name of highest mountain in Sweden is?
40. What is the first name of the author of Pippi Longstoking: surname, Lindgren?
41. Sweden’s largest lake is?
42. What is the name of the long ancient inscription on stone that is acknowledged to be the first example of Swedish literature?
43. What was the first novel in the Wallander series?
44. Since its inception in 1901 how many Swedish writers have won the Nobel Prize for Literature?
45. How many letters does the Swedish alphabet contain?
46. Sweden is considered part of Scandinavia?
47. Which city is the center of Sjuharadsbygden?
48. Stockholm lies on the border of two Swedish ‘landscapes’ (old regions). Which two?
49. Which Swedish city was founded as a base for the navy?
50. What is the name of the gulf that separates a great part of Sweden from Finland?
51. In which Swedish city do the highways E4 and E6 split up?
52. Which Swedish city is also called ‘Match town’ (Tandsticksstaden) and ‘Jerusalem of Smaland’, referring to the strong religiousness?
53. How much coastline does Sweden have?
54. Which city is the northernmost?
55. In which city does the archbishop live?
56. What is the most practiced Christian religion in Sweden?
57. Which dramatist is considered Sweden’s greatest literary figure?
58. Who was the Swede who was the Secretary-General of the United Nations from 1953 to 1961?
59. What is the name of the bridge system that joins Denmark and Sweden?
60. Which major port is in the extreme south of Sweden?
61. What is the name of the Swedish pop-group whose lead singer is Nina Persson?
62. With which song did ABBA win the 1974 European Song Contest?
63. What Swedish actor starred in the movie “Good Will Hunting”?
64. What is the name of the Swedish actress who has been starring in TV-series “Alias” and is married to Lasse Hallstrom?
65. What is the name of the bridge between Sweden and Denmark?
66. Who became prime minister of Sweden in 1996?
67. What three cities are the three biggest in population in Sweden?
68. How did the Swedish group ABBA get their name?
69. Which Swedish football player went from Ajax Amsterdam to Juventus in 2004 and is now getting his major breakthrough in Juventus and the Swedish national team?
70. Which football team won Allsvenskan (the Swedish Premier League) in 2004?
71. The picture is of Sweden’s oldest town. Which of these is it?
72. Which Swedish rock-band had a major hit with ‘Hate to say I told you so’?
73. In the twentieth century, how many Miss Universes were from Sweden?
74. Sweden’s highest mountain is Kebnekaise. What is the English translation of this name?
75. Which river runs through Uppsala?
76. Stockholm’s Vasa Museum is which type of museum?
77. Sweden is a monarchy and Carl XVI Gustaf has been king since 1973. Which princess, sharing her name with a long reigning monarch of a different country, is heir apparent?
78. Uppsala is the seat of the Archbishop of the Church of Sweden and also has the oldest of which of these establishments in Sweden?
79. The Öresund Bridge has become more widely known to many of us due to the television programmes which have featured it. It links Denmark to Sweden, with the Swedish terminus being near which southern city?
80. Sampling Swedish food is one of the highlights of any visit. One speciality is their meatballs, but what name will appear on the menu?