Idaho, the Gem State, is famous for its vast mountainous landscapes, multiple swaths of protected wilderness, and eye-catching outdoor relaxation spaces. The Capital, Boise, sits in the Rocky Mountains foothills and is bisected by the River Boise, primarily renowned for rafting and fishing.
Idaho, one of the freezing and coldest places in the United States, experiences low temperatures of up to −60 °F. The climate in Boise is changeable, with mostly clear, hot, and dry summers. The winters are icy, snowy, and partly cloudy.
Idaho Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Idaho delivers an unmatched quality of life not found in another State. It is well known to be home to the highest navigable river in the world.
Boise capital is packed with extraordinary business, affordable cost of living, four mild, friendly environments, and unique seasons. Not to forget, the urban metropolitan economic and education base also has enormous public wilderness that offers a lifetime of weekend adventures.
Read on for some long and fun trivia questions to enrich your knowledge about Idaho State.
1. What is the Idaho state tree?
2. What is the Idaho state raptor?
3. Idaho shares a border with what Canadian province?
4. Where does Idaho rank in size among the states?
5. What is the capital of Idaho?
6. What is special about Hells Canyon?
7. Where does Idaho get most of the energy that it consumes?
8. From 1990 to 2010, Idaho’s population increased by how much?
9. What is the Idaho state bird?
10. What is the Idaho state song?
11. What is the Idaho State Flower?
12. In Idaho, Shoshone Falls is a waterfall that is taller than what?
13. Where does Idaho rank in terms of land area with other states?
14. How does Idaho rank as far as a population with the other states?
15. The Port of Lewiston is the farthest inland seaport on the West Coast at how many river miles from the Pacific ocean?
16. What are the residents of Idaho called?
17. Idaho has the world’s largest factory for “what”, with a capacity of 120,000 metric tons per year?
18. What is the Idaho state fish?
19. Where is the home of Idaho State University?
20. What was the first university in Idaho, founded in 1889?
21. When did Idaho State University in Pocatello open?
22. What was the first university in Idaho, founded in 1889?
23. What are Idaho’s two major airports?
24. What is the Idaho state insect?
25. Where are the main offices of the Idaho National Laboratory?
26. Beginning in the 70s, Boise has emerged as a center of what kind of manufacturing?
27. What is Idaho’s highest point?
28. Sometimes Idaho is referred to as the what?
29. On what date was Idaho admitted to the Union?
30. How many counties does Idaho have?
31. What is the state motto for Idaho?
32. What is the Idaho state fruit?
33. What is the Idaho State Gem?
34. How many US states does Idaho border?
35. Idaho is mountainous and is bigger than what region?
36. Where is the state of Idaho’s lowest point?
37. Which two states are to the west of Idaho?
38. What is Idaho’s nickname?
39. The largest industry in Idaho, the science and technology sector, accounts for over 70% of Idaho’s what?
40. What two states are to the south of Idaho?
41. There are only two places on earth where significant quantities of the gem star garnets can be found, Idaho and where?
42. Which mountain range is usually considered to be Idaho’s most?
43. What is the Idaho state horse?
44. Who supplies most of the natural gas used in Idaho?
45. What is the largest lake in Idaho?
46. What is the Idaho state fossil?
47. Who designed Idaho’s seal?
48. How many time zones does Idaho have?
49. Idah shares a border with what Colombia province?
50. What separates Idaho from Canada?
51. Where is Idaho’s lowest point at 710 ft?
52. How far is Idaho’s western border from the Pacific Ocean?
53. What is Idaho’s all-time highest temperature?
54. How long ago might there have been Humans in Idaho?
55. Idaho’s second-largest city?
56. Where is the home of Northwest Nazarene University?
57. Where in Idaho was the world’s first chairlift installed in 1936?
58. Excavations at Wilson Butte Cave near in 1959 showed evidence of “what” including the oldest dated artifacts in North America?
59. In what year did the Lewis and Clark expedition cross Idaho on its way to the Pacific Ocean?
60. What is Idaho’s all-time lowest temperature?
61. What is the Idaho state dance?
62. Which town in Idaho was the first permanent settlement in April 14, 1860?
63. The first non-indigenous settlement was Kullyspell House, located on the shore of what lake?
64. Idaho produces what percent of potatoes in the United States?
65. During the Great Depression prices plummeted for Idaho’s what?
66. The Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area is the largest contiguous area of protected wilderness in the continental United States with how big of an area in acres?
67. What has become the largest single economic center in Idaho with over 25% of the state’s total revenue?
68. How big is the state of Idaho in square miles?
69. Idaho produces about how much of the potatoes grown in the US?
70. According to the Census Bureau the population of Idaho was how many people on July 1, 2013?
71. Idaho is home to three of Anheuser-Busch facilities that provide the what for breweries located across the nation?
72. Which were the two most prominent Native American tribes in Idaho?
73. Boise is the home of Micron Technology, the only U.S. manufacturer of what?
74. Which famous performer attempted a nationally-publicized stunt in Twin Falls Idaho, involving the Snake River?
75. Prior to 1846 Idaho, as part of the Oregon Country, was claimed by both the United States and which country?
76. Imports account for how much of Idaho’s total energy consumption?
77. Which natural resource discovered on the Clearwater River brought a large number of people to Idaho after 1860?
78. How much of the electricity consumed in Idaho in 2005 came from hydroelectricity?
79. What is Idaho’s state fossil?
80. The largest community in Boise in the US?
81. Which explorers put Idaho territory “on the map”?
82. Idaho is one of the few states without a major freeway linking its two what?
83. Which famous route brought settlers to Idaho?
84. Idaho is served by how many transcontinental railroads?
85. What is the longest river in Idaho?
86. During the Gold Rush of the 1800s which minority group comprised 1/4 of Idaho’s total population?
87. What is the Idaho state amphibian?
88. What is the Source of Salmon River?
89. What is Idaho’s state Animal?
90. Idaho is known as what state in the US?
91. What is the length of the Salmon River?
92. What is special about Hells Canyon?