Minnesota is a Midwestern United States state bordering Canada and Lake Superior, the largest of the great lakes. Surprisingly, Minnesota has 14, 380 lakes but is uniquely known as the land of 10,000 lakes, which is the highest number of any state in the United States.
The Twin Cities’ of Minneapolis and the state capital, Saint Paul, are diverse with cultural landmarks, including the Science Museum of Minnesota and the Walker Art Center, a modern art museum.
Minnesota Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Minnesota has a lot to explore, from being the home of Mall of America, the largest shopping mall in the United States, to outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, camping, and winter activities.
1. In which year was the current flag of Minnesota adopted?
2. What is the capital of Minnesota?
3. What does the word Minnesota mean?
4. Which city is the largest in Minnesota?
5. When did Minnesota celebrate their 150 years of statehood?
6. Is it true that Minnesota is famous for its 1,000 mountains? True or false?
7. The Minnesota Twins franchise moved to Minnesota in 1961. What was the former name of the franchise before the move?
8. What is the state fish of Minnesota?
9. Which is the major river in Minnesota?
10. What is the number of dates on the state flag of Minnesota?
11. Minnesota shares how many state borders?
12. How many United States representatives does Minnesota have?
13. How many countries share their boundary with Minnesota?
14. Which is the oldest house in Minnesota?
15. What is the major industry in Minnesota?
16. In which year did Minnesota become a state?
17. Which is the highest mountain in Minnesota?
18. When did Minnesota celebrate its 150 years of statehood?
19. What is Minnesota’s rank in the list of populous states in the USA?
20. What is the correct abbreviation for Minnesota?
21. What is Minnesota called?
22. What is the state fish of Minnesota?
23. How many lakes are present in Minnesota?
24. Which is Minnesota’s largest lake?
25. How many United States representatives does Minnesota have?
26. What is the number of mountains present in Minnesota?
27. What is the type of climate in Minnesota?
28. The Minnesota Timberwolves began NBA play in 1989, but which other franchise played their home games in the state between 1947 and 1960? Your options: [ Hawks ] [ Bulls ] [ Lakers ] [ Knicks ]
29. What is the state flower of Minnesota?
30. What is the population of Minnesota?
31. Which part of Minnesota is known as the Arrowhead Country?
32. What is Minnesota’s motto?
33. What is another nickname for Minnesota?
34. What is Minnesota’s bird?
35. How many lakes with the name of ‘Long Lake’ are placed in Minnesota?
36. What is Minnesota’s state song?
37. Where is the Science Museum of Minnesota located?
38. What is the rank of Minnesota as per area?
39. Where does the Minnesota annual state fair take place?
40. Where is the University of Minnesota located?
41. Where can you find Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox?
42. Which is the richest city in Minnesota?
43. Who designed the state flag of Minnesota?
44. What is the state tree of Minnesota?
45. Who was the radio host of the show, ‘A Prairie Home Companion’?
46. What is the state crop of Minnesota?
47. Who did Senator Rush Limbaugh choose to hold office?
48. What is the national park in Minnesota called?
49. Who from St. Paul served as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
50. What is Minnesota’s geographic center?
51. Who from Roseville acted in the movie ‘MacGyver’?
52. Which famous mall is in Minnesota?
53. John Gagliardi was a college football coach who retired in 2012 with the then-record of 489 career wins, the most of any coach in any or all college football divisions. 465 of those wins came at which Minnesota college?
54. This famous singer is from Minneapolis, and he sang ‘Purple Rain’. Who is he?
55. Who was the folk legend born in Hibbing as Robert Zimmerman?
56. Who did the Minnesota Vikings play in the first week of the 2010 regular season?
57. He was a former governor and also a pro-wrestler. What is his name?
58. The Minnesota Twins were knocked out of the 2010 playoffs by which team? Your options: [ New York Yankees ] [ Texas Rangers ] [ Tampa Bay Rays ] [ LA Angels of Anaheim ]
59. Who were the brothers who directed, ‘No Country for Old Men’?
60. How could anyone forget the team owner of the Minnesota North Stars that moved the team to Dallas? Do you remember his name?
61. Who was the cartoonist of ‘Peanuts’ born in St. Paul?
62. The Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs were the national collegiate champions in which sport in 2011? Your options: [ Women’s Cross Country ] [ Women’s Gymnastics ] [ Men’s Ice Hockey ] [ Men’s Wrestling ]
63. The University of Minnesota Golden Gophers men’s ice hockey team won the NCAA National Championship 3 times in the 20th century. All three came in the same decade. Which decade was it?Your options: [ 1990s ] [ 1970s ] [ 1950s ] [ 1930s ]
64. Who did the Gophers sign as their new head football coach before the 2010 season had finished, to start in 2011?
65. The first known use of the phrase “Hail Mary Pass” to describe a deep pass was on December 28th, 1975, in a NFL game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings. To which wide receiver did Roger Staubach complete the hail mary to? Your options: [ Michael Irvin ] [ Drew Pearson ] [ Randy Moss ] [ Bob Hayes ]
66. The Minnesota Vikings made it to four Super Bowls between January, 1970 and January, 1977, all under the guidance of which head coach? Your options: [ Vince Lombardi ] [ Jerry Burns ] [ Bud Grant ] [ Norm Van Brocklin ]
67. Which Minnesota golf course hosted the US Open in both 1970 and 1991? Your options: [ Braemar ] [ TPC Twin Cities ] [ Hazeltine ] [ Interlachen ]
68. Which manager led the Minnesota Twins to World Series titles in both 1987 and 1991? Your options: [ Jim Leyland ] [ Buck Showalter ] [ Tom Kelly ] [ Mike Hargrove ]
69. What city was Gopher quarterback Adam Weber from?
70. The Minnesota Twins won the 1991 World Series. Which player hit the game-winning home run in the 11th inning of game 6, to extend the series to a 7th and decisive game against the Atlanta Braves? Your options: [ Dan Gladden ] [ Kirby Puckett ] [ Randy Bush ] [ Kent Hrbek ]
71. The Minnesota Timberwolves began play in the National Basketball Association in the 1989-90 season. Who was the first head coach of the Timberwolves?
72. Which Gopher basketball star got hurt for the 2010-2011 season? Your options: [ Al Nolen ] [ Rodney Williams ] [ Blake Hoffarber ] [ Al Nolan ]
73. Which sport is played by the Minnesota Lynx? Your options: [ Lacrosse ] [ Soccer ] [ Basketball ] [ Ice Hockey ]
74. What number did Randy Moss wear for the Vikings in the 2010 season?
75. What was Randy Moss traded to the New England Patriots for?
76. The Minnesota Wild began play in the National Hockey League in the 2000-01 season. Who did the Wild select as their first-ever draft pick in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft?
77. What is the team nickname for Minnesota’s WNBA team that began play in 1999?
78. The football team of the University of Minnesota play for a number of unusual trophies each year. Which one of the following is NOT one of them? Your options: [ Paul Bunyan’s Axe ] [ Little Brown Jug ] [ Old Oaken Bucket ] [ Floyd of Rosedale ]
79. Who did the Twins pick up in the offseason to play Shortstop in the 2010 season?
80. Which city would you need to travel to if you wanted to watch a Minnesota Wild home game?
81. Who was fired as coach of the Timberwolves after the 2010-11 season ended?
82. Which tennis player from Edina, Minnesota, won a silver medal at the 2004 Olympics? Your options: [ Andy Roddick ] [ Sam Querrey ] [ Mardy Fish ] [ John Isner ]
83. The 1941 Heisman Trophy was awarded to University of Minnesota football player, Bruce P. Smith. What position did Smith play for the Golden Gophers?
84. The arm wrestling champion from Minnesota is called?
85. What is Minnesota State Beverage?
86. What is the state fossil?
87. What is the State area?
88. What is State rock?
89. What is Minnesota’s highest point?
90. Name the Minnesota state Land mammal?
91. Which is the longest river in Minnesota?
92. What is Minnesota’s state dance?
93. What is the state insect?
94. Minnesota is also known as?
95. Highest temperature record in Minnesota is?
96. Minnesota borders which State to the west?
97. Minnesota has how many counties?
98. The name Minnesota mean?