Vermont, a North Eastern State, is one of the most incredible places rich in maple syrup and ice cream; even the New York residents agree with this. Vermont is the largest producer of maple syrup in the whole of the United States. With the sugar maple tree as the state tree, Vermont produced over 1.5 million gallons of maple syrup in 2021.
Vermont Facts Trivia Questions and Answers
Not only are the state’s views stunning with diverse geography, but the residents of Vermont were also voted the fifth happiest in the US in 2013. There are absolutely no skyscrapers in the whole of the state. You won’t spot any billboards as you explore the state because they have been banned.
Surprisingly, the State capital of Vermont, Montpelier, is the smallest capital city in the whole United States.
Read on to discover more about Vermont State, the only US state capital without a Mcdonalds’.
1. Where does the state of Vermont rank in so far as size in an area with the rest of the states?
2. In 1791, Vermont became the 14th state to join the Union and the first after the original what?
3. What is the Vermont State warm water fish?
4. Vermont was the first independent state to do what in regard to slavery?
5. Of the 50 United States, where does Vermont rank for the population?
6. What is the Vermont State cold water fish?
7. Vermont is the only New England state that does not border what?
8. Vermont is the leading producer of what kind of sweet natural product in the United States?
9. What is the Vermont State Pie?
10. What is the Vermont State butterfly?
11. What is the state capital of Vermont?
12. How much of Vermont’s western border is formed by Lake Champlain?
13. With a population of 7,855, Montpelier has the smallest population of any in the nation?
14. Vermont is bordered by what State to the south?
15. What city in Vermont has the largest population?
16. What U.S. State borders Vermont to the east across the Connecticut River?
17. Vermont borders what state to the west?
18. How big is the state of Vermont in square miles?
19. What is the Vermont State Tree?
20. Where does Vermont rank with the other states in size?
21. Which Canadian province borders Vermont to the north?
22. What is the Vermont State rock?
23. Vermont was originally inhabited by what two major Native American Indian tribes?
24. Vermont is the only state in the Union that does not have any buildings taller than what?
25. The Vermont Republic was founded in 1777 during the Revolutionary War, and lasted for how long?
26. What lake is the sixth-largest body of fresh water in the United States and separates Vermont from New York?
27. The state of Vermont is one of four states to have been a what in its past?
28. How long is Vermont from North to South?
29. How wide is Vermont from east to west at its widest?
30. In Vermont, slavery was fully banned by state law on November 25, 1858, less than three years before the what?
31. What is the Vermont State Mammal?
32. What is the Vermont State Fossil?
33. How many US federal border crossings are there between Canada and Vermont?
34. On July 7, 1777, the Battle of Hubbardton was the only “what” that took place in present-day Vermont?
35. Where does Vermont rank as far as cold temperatures compared to the other states?
36. For how many years did Vermont govern itself as a sovereign entity based in the eastern town of Windsor?
37. What is the highest recorded temperature in the state of Vermont?
38. In the 1860 elections, Vermont voted for who was US President and provided him the biggest margin of victory of any state?
39. What is the Vermont State Beverage?
40. During the Civil War, how many troops did Vermont provide for the war effort?
41. What is the lowest recorded temperature ever for Vermont?
42. Of the 34,000 men that Vermont provided the military during the Civil War, how many were killed or mortally wounded in action or died of disease?
43. How much sunshine does Vermont get per year?
44. In Vermont, women were first permitted to vote in what elections?
45. Vermont is home to only one species of venomous snake. What kind of snake is it?
46. In July 2000 what was the state of Vermont the first state to introduce?
47. What disease killed an estimated two-thirds of all cave-wintering bats in Vermont from 2008 to 2010?
48. Vermont became the first state to legislate same-sex marriage, unforced by court challenge or ruling in what year?
49. What is the Vermont State Flower?
50. What is the Vermont State Fruit?
51. Who was the first European to see Vermont?
52. As of 2012, Vermont is the least religious state in the Union with only what percentage of the people considering themselves “very religious”?
53. On July 30, 1609, The French explorer, Samuel de Champlain, claimed Vermont as part of what?
54. The first two leaders of the Mormon church were both born in Vermont. What are their names?
55. In 1666, French settlers established Fort Lamotte which became the first “what” in Vermont?
56. What is the Vermont State Song?
57. What type of farming is the primary source of agricultural income in the state of Vermont?
58. What is Vermont’s state nickname?
59. In 2001 Vermont produced 275,000 gallons of maple syrup, and by 2009 the production was how much?
60. What Vermont town is famous for its cheese?
61. As of the year 2007, how many wineries were there in Vermont?
62. In which Vermont city is Fletcher Allen Hospital located?
63. In 2011, how much money did the state of Vermont earn in taxes and fees from tourism?
64. It is rumored that there is a sea monster living in one of Vermont’s lakes. What is his name?
65. How many visits were there to Vermont by skiers and snowboarders in the period of 2009–2010?
66. Does Vermont have the smallest population of any U.S. state east of the Mississippi River, true or false?
67. Where was the first marble quarry in America located?
68. What year was Vermont admitted into the union?
69. From what three countries did the granite industry attract skilled stonecutters in the late 19th century?
70. What famous Vermont hero was commander of “The Green Mountain Boys” from 1770-1775?
71. What is the largest airport in the state of Vermont?
72. Located in Brookfield, VT, this historical site contains many antique artifacts, and is believed to be haunted.
73. In which Vermont town was the northernmost battle of the American Civil War fought?
74. Vermont zip codes begin with what two numbers?
75. What is the state gem of Vermont?
76. What is the state amphibian of Vermont?
77. What is the state motto of Vermont?
78. What is Vermont’s official winter sport?
79. Which president was born in Vermont?
80. When did the British elect, Fort Dummer?
81. When did the French settle on Isle de Motte?
82. The famous Marx brothers; Groucho Marx, Chicho Marx, and Harpo Marx, vacationed during the summer on a lake near Rutland, Vermont.
83. Name a Notable and Famous Vermonters?
84. Name some of the movies partially filmed in Vermont?
85. Name the Vermonter who printed his own version of the Bible?
86. Name the landscape of Vermont?
87. Vermont is ranked at what number in terms of population in the Us?
88. Name the 4 US states that do not allow billboard advertisement?
89. Where in Vermont was president Calvin Coolidge born?
90. Who in Vermont invented the game of snow golf?
91. Which color did Rudyard Kipling paint his golf balls to easily find them in the snow?
92. Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. capital without a?