Perhaps you have just joined college, or you already completed your studies. How can you best describe life in college?
For some, it is intimidating, especially for newbies. Others think it is the most adventurous experience, especially during sports day or while out clubbing. Others describe it as challenging in terms of academics. Others term it as extremely busy; schoolwork, socializing, extracurricular activities, and everything in between.
One thing that is certain is that college experiences are different for all of us.
College Football Trivia Questions and Answers
Now, let’s talk college football. Were you an active college football player or did you lean more towards cheering your favourite team on, and you know, commenting on how good or bad they played the game?
How much do you know about college football? From its history, famous players and the tricks they used, the largest stadiums among other interesting facts? If you think of yourself as an expert, why not take up our trivia questions and see how much you can score?
You can do it solo or gather your friends and family and see who’s the coach.
Click on the “Show Answer” to see what the correct answer is
1. Frank Sinkwich was one tough back. In fact, he was the first halfback from the SEC to ever win the Heisman Trophy (1942). From which great SEC program did Sinkwich find great success?
2. Who were not eligible for the NFL draft until 1990?
3. Who was described as the first-ever college football game?
4. The 1980 Holiday Bowl between Southern Methodist University and Brigham Young University has been dubbed “The Miracle Bowl” based on the tremendous come-from-behind victory capped by Jim McMahon’s Hail Mary touchdown pass. Who was on the receiving end of this legendary play?
5. Who holds the record for the longest winning streak in college football?
6. In which year, was the first-ever college football game?
7. Which school is termed as the Mecca of college football in South Bend?
8. What was college football’s largest victory margin?
9. In 2004, which player finished 2nd place in the Heisman voting, the highest finish ever for a freshman?
10. Which year did college football surpass Baseball as “America’s pastime”?
11. The Oklahoma Sooners emerged victorious 47 games in a row from which year to which year?
12. What former Michigan WR and Kick/Punt returner became famous before winning the Heisman?
13. Which year was the first Orange bowl played?
14. Most overtimes played in a college football game are?
15. Who won a Heisman Trophy playing for the University of Pittsburgh?
16. In which era did college bowl games include the Raisin Bowl, Salad Bowl, and Oil Bowl?
17. How many games were tied in the most overtimes played in college football?
18. Tommie Fraizer won a national championship with what college?
19. Who compared the difficulties of reaching space in a rocket to the Rice Owls’ chances of defeating the Texas Longhorns?
20. Who holds the record for the highest number of passes in a college football game?
21. The winningest program in college football history in Ann Arbor is who?
22. Which team has the highest total of wins in the FBS?
23. The longest field goal kicked in an NCAA game was about how many yards?
24. In 2003 and 2004, which school, according to most recruiting sources, pulled in the #1 rated recruiting class in the country?
25. In 1876, the number of college football players was reduced to how much?
26. Who became the shortest person to play in an NCAA game?
27. What is the name of the award given out each season to the nation’s top college quarterback?
28. Who is the last non-quarterback to win NFL MVP?
29. In the 2014 season, which state set a new record for the highest number of points scored in a season, 723?
30. Before Carson Palmer in 2002, who was the last Pac-10 player to win the Heisman?
31. What was the former name of the NFL?
32. In 2012, which school had won more college football championships than any other school?
33. How many times did the University of Dayton played in the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl in the 1980s and 1990s?
34. Who has the most wins as the head coach of the NFL?
35. Since which year, has every NFL team played in a Conference Championship game?
36. In 1980, who became the first football player to win a college championship?
37. Which bowl game is played in Tampa, Florida (as of 2001)?
38. Name the first team who won the regular NFL season by 16-0?
39. College football cheerleading began in?
40. The University of Houston had a star Heisman Trophy winner, what was his name?
41. First female cheerleaders were at the University of?
42. Which player from Alabama won the Heisman Trophy in 2009?
43. The NCAA started officially tracking college football statistics in?
44. The oldest program in the Sunshine State is which school?
45. Who became the first college football bowl game in 1902?
46. In 2004, which High School snapped De La Salle’s record 13-year winning streak?
47. Which game is referred to as the granddaddy of all bowls?
48. Which two schools played in the first-ever college football game in 1869?
49. First Rose Bowl was played between?
50. What NFL QB is a cousin of Falcons QB Michael Vick?
51. Which is the largest stadium in college football?
52. Which school won the D-III National Championship in 2001 – making it their 6th championship?
53. This largest stadium has a seating capacity of about?
54. Prior to its expansion in 2012, how many teams played in the Southeastern Conference?
55. Which is recognized by the NCAA as the oldest college football stadium?
56. Tee Martin also won the national title under what college?
57. Which stadium is positioned at the highest elevation?
58. Home of 114 victories in the 1990s was in which school in Huntington?
59. Who is the highest-paid coach in college football?
60. In 2003, which running back broke Emmitt Smith’s high school record for most consecutive games with 100 or more yards rushing in a career?
61. Nick Saban belongs to which University?
62. What is the nickname for the Oberlin College football team?
63. Annual salary of Nick Saban was?
64. Which Pac-10 team is known as the Wildcats?
65. Highest-priced college football tickets in 2015 cost over?
66. This great halfback was the Heisman Trophy recipient in 1959, giving Louisiana State University its first Heisman winner. Who was this man?
67. Who had only won one NFL rushing title in his career?
68. What is ballown?
69. Which school had the longest-tenured coach in Division 1-A at University Park?
70. Name the franchise which played in St Louis, Los Angeles, and Cleveland?
71. Who is Park H. Davis?
72. In 2003, which QB set the high school mark for most passing yards in a career?
73. How many Heisman Trophy winners have gone on to be MVP of the Super Bowl?
74. What is the Boston game?
75. What award is presented to the nation’s best interior offensive lineman?
76. How many touchdowns Aaron Rodgers has thrown since his last interception at Lam beau field?
77. Who is the father of American football?
78. Rams QB Kurt Warner went to which college?
79. During which time period did the NFL merge with AFL?
80. An intercollegiate game was first played in the state of?
81. In normal situations, which 2 conferences are represented in the Florida Citrus Bowl?
82. Which NFL team had had the longest postseason victory drought in NFL history?
83. On November 22, 1890, college football was first played in the state of?
84. What D-I Ohio football team plays in Doyt L. Perry Stadium?
85. In what year was the 31st regular season of NFL played?
86. PIFA stands for?
87. In what city is the Georgia-Florida football game annually played?
88. Who was voted as the NFL commissioner on the 23rd ballot?
89. First night time football game was played in Mansfield, Pennsylvania on?
90. Bryan Bosworth played for what college team?
91. Which was the home of the very first college football game in New Brunswick?
92. Who was the oldest Hall of Fame Inductee?
93. The first Orange Bowl was played in?
94. In the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, Ohio State won the National Championship over Miami with the help of what controversial call?
95. In the modern NFL, how many days in a week are the games are played?
96. The first Orange Bowl was played in between?
97. What four Division IA schools do not have university in their official titles?
98. Which NFL team took 32 years to win their first playoff game?
99. Why did Manhattan College team take a three-day boat ride to Miami?
100. What state produced more D-I scholarship football players in the 1990s?
101. How many teams are in NFL?
102. Who is the only member of the College Football Hall of Fame to receive an Academy Award?
103. What college did Joe Montana attend?
104. What is the official name of the stadium which is the home ground of Minnesota Vikings?
105. What is Alfac?
106. Ty Detmer Played for BYU, what college did his brother Koy play for?
107. Name the present commissioner of NFL.
108. Aflac, the leader in supplemental insurance sales at?
109. In 2001, which NFL player caught a TD pass, threw a TD pass, and ran for a TD in the same game?
110. How much did CBS pay for the first exclusive rights of broadcasting NFL games in 1962?
111. What does Aflac do?
112. The Ray Guy Award goes to the nation’s top college player at what position?
113. Where was the coldest super bowl played?
114. Who is the president of Aflac U.S?
115. Former New England Patriots WR Terry Glenn attended which college?
116. What is the former name of Indianapolis Colts?
117. Aflac initiated a new marketing campaign called?
118. How many NAIA football teams are there in Ohio?
119. In which stadium did the Baltimore Ravens plays its home games?
120. In which year was Aflac Isn’t iniated?
121. How many points are awarded when a player returns a blocked extra point across the goal line?
122. Which nickname was given to New Orleand Saints in the NFL of 1980?
123. What is the aim to initiate Aflac Isn’t?
124. Charlie Ward played and won a national championship plus a Heisman for what college?
125. Which team was named on the same day of naming NFL?
126. For 13 consecutive years, Aflac has been recognized by Ethisphere as?
127. A staple of Thursday night games in Blacksburg is associated with which school?
128. What was the former name of Chicago bears?
129. Which magazine recognized Aflac as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in America for the 20th consecutive year, in 2018?
130. In which year were freshman football players finally allowed to play at the varsity level?
131. In which year’s NFL season; there were highest recorded penalties in the first three weeks?
132. In 2019, Fortune included Aflac on its list of World’s Most?
133. This school won the National Championship in 1984. They had their long-time coach retire in 2000. One of their players won the Heisman Trophy in 1990. Which school is it?
134. Who still holds the record for single-season punting average at 51.4?
135. What is a mascot?
136. What Pac-10 team shared the National Championship 1991?
137. Name the two only non-kickers to play in more than 300 games?
138. In the world of sports, mascot are used for?
139. Which 2 conferences were represented in the 2002 Cotton Bowl?
140. Which state has produced more pro football Hall of Famers than any other state?
141. Team mascots are used for their respective team to give them?
142. How many D-III football teams are there in Ohio?
143. Which name were the Redskins originally known for?
144. The Aletic teams of the University of Alabama are nicknamed?
145. What yard line do teams begin possession on in NCAA Overtime?
146. In which city did the St. Louis Rams’ franchise start in?
147. Sports mascot are often used as?
148. Tony Rice lead which team to a national championship?
149. Name the team known as Dolphins?
150. Which country’s sports have official mascots?
151. Which school is best known for basketball in Bloomington?
152. Name the defensive player with highest total?
153. One of the earliest mascot was a taxidermy mount for the?
154. Which high school produced two 2004 Heisman finalists?
155. Which team was not an original NFL team that moved over to the AFC?
156. The first mascots used in the Summer Olympic Games was?
157. What is the name of the award annually given to the nation’s best receiver in college football?
158. In 1985, which team lost the match against Miami Dolphins?
159. Most common mascot for college football was?
160. What two Pac-10 teams played in the Orange Bowl in 1985 and 2003?
161. In 1968, which team became a part of the NFL?
162. Auburn University actually has two mascots, namely?
163. Who won the super bowl in 2014?
164. Who holds the record for the most bowl appearances (31)?
165. How many different SEC Eastern division teams were represented at the SEC championship game in the first ten years of its existence?
166. Who is the only left-handed quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
167. First college football game was broadcast on television in?
168. In what Ohio city does the Kenyon College football team play?
169. Before 1975, what was the offensive holding?
170. Mascot for the University of California Santa Cruz is?
171. Who caught Doug Flutie’s Hail Mary pass to beat Miami in 1984?
172. Which year did the wildest battle game of the Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears occurr?
173. The forward pass first appeared in college football in?
174. Steve Walsh played for Miami and got drafted by what pro team?
175. Which team won the NFC East Championship in 1985 but did not win again until 1992?
176. What is forward pass?
177. Who is credited with inventing college football?
178. Which only NFL franchise has scored three touchdowns in less than one minute?
179. Which orange and white team colors of the Tennessee Volunteers were chosen in 1891?
180. In 1989, Deion Sanders recorded the fastest official time in the 40 at the NFL Combine. What was his 40 time?
181. How many teams played in the inaugural season of NFL in 1922?
182. Field goals in college football were originally worth?
183. Where was Steve Spurrier head coach before taking over at Florida?
184. The number of players fielded by each college team was reduced to how many numbers?
185. In Tennessee there was Todd Helton then there was Payton Manning, but before them there was who?
186. In which year, was the number of players fielded by each college team reduced to 15?
187. What college football team plays its home games at Jordan-Hare Stadium?
188. How many players are in football team?
189. Where did Walter Payton play college football?
190. What is the oldest rivalry played at a neutral site?
191. In what city is the University of Texas located?
192. Which was still a U.S. Territory when the Red River Shootout started in 1900?
193. How many Division 1-a college football teams are there in Texas?
194. How many yards long and wide were the college football fields?
195. Which college rivals play in the Egg Bowl?
196. Who coached Alabama to its most recent National Championship (as of 2001)?
197. What is the largest number of people who gathered for a game of football in Texas?
198. Which was the first ACC team to hand Florida State a conference loss?
199. Touchdowns in college football were originally counted as?
200. From which game was the college football developed from?
201. Who has the most players in the College Football Hall of Fame?
202. What is the aim of white stripes on a college football?
203. What is the purpose of the jersey worn by Red Grange?
204. The first American college team to play on foreign soil were the?
205. Who became the first college team to utilize the forward pass?
206. Which trophy is awarded every year to college football’s top player?
207. First award went to Chicago half back Jay Berwanger in the year of?
208. Who is the only player to win two Heisman awards?
209. The College Football Hall of Fame was established in the year?
210. Joe Miner, was the mascot for?