If you’d ask a Scorpio what happened in history on November 22, they would tell you tales of their birthday plans and celebrations.
However, the books of history have a lot to say about this day, in various parts of the world.
Below are some of the events that share the day with Scorpios:
- 1699 – Denmark, Russia, Saxony, and Poland signed a treaty for the partitioning of the Swedish Empire.
- 1890 – Charles de Gaulle, the President of France, was born.
- 1942 – During World War II, the Battle of Stalingrad began.
- 1943 – U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-shek met in Cairo to discuss the measures for defeating Japan.
- 1962 -The 7th British Empire Games and Commonwealth Games opened in Perth, Australia.
- 1963 – The 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy, was assassinated.
- 1963 – Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in as the 36th US President after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- 1968 – The U.S. performed a nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
- 1972 – Richard M. Nixon, American President, lifted a ban on American travel to Cuba.
- 1972 – Belgium government of Eyskens resigned.
- 1974 – The U.N. General Assembly gave the Palestine Liberation Organization observer status.
- 1975 – Juan Carlos I was proclaimed King of Spain upon the death of Gen. Francisco Franco.
- 1985 – 38,648 immigrants became citizens of the United States.
- 1988 – The South African government announced it had joined Cuba and Angola in endorsing a plan to remove Cuban troops from Angola.
- 1990 – British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher announced she would resign.
- 1990 – U.S. President George H.W. Bush, his wife, Barbara, and other congressional leaders shared Thanksgiving dinner with U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia.
- 2005 – Microsoft’s XBOX 360 went on sale.
- 2005 – Angela Merkel was elected as Germany’s first female chancellor.
- 2004 – The Orange Revolution began in Ukraine.
- 2008 – YouTube hosted the largest ever live broadcast, YouTube Live.