Are you a die-hard fan of Michael Jackson? Then we bet you know just about anything regarding his musical career.
Did you know that on November 30 in 1982, Michael Jackson released the album Thriller, which is thought to be the best-selling album of all time?
There are so many events that happened on the same day in different years. Let’s find out!
- 1782 – The United States and Britain signed preliminary peace articles in Paris, ending the Revolutionary War.
- 1838 – Mexico declared war on France.
- 1872 – The first international football match was played between England and Scotland.
- 1936 – London’s famed Crystal Palace was destroyed in a fire.
- 1939 – The Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union began.
- 1947 – There was a civil war in Palestine.
- 1950 – Harry Truman, U.S. President, threatened China with an atom bomb.
- 1966 – The former British colony of Barbados became independent.
- 1978 – France performed a nuclear test.
- 1980 – Uruguay’s new constitution was rejected by referendum.
- 1981 – The U.S. and the Soviet Union opened negotiations in Geneva that were aimed at reducing nuclear weapons in Europe.
- 1987 – Afghanistan Constitution was adopted.
- 1990 – President George H. W. Bush offered to send the Secretary of State James Baker to Baghdad to meet with Iraqi President, Saddam Hussein.
- 1993 – U.S. President Clinton signed into law the Brady Bill. The bill required a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases and background checks of prospective buyers.
- 1995 – President Clinton became the first U.S. chief executive to visit Northern Ireland.
- 2001 – For the first time in its history, McDonald’s teamed up with a retail partner on its Happy Meal promotions.
- 2006 – South Africa’s Civil Union Act of 2006 legalized same-sex marriage.
- 2017 – The world’s longest recorded rainbow lasted for 8 hrs 58 min in Taipei’s Yangmingshan mountain range.
- 2018 – U.S. president George H. W. Bush died.
- 2020 – U.S. President Joe Biden announced he is nominating Janet Yellen for US treasury secretary.